Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills (32913 Views)

Married Men, This Is Why Your Wives Are Denying You Sex / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics) / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by BigBashiru: 7:00am On Nov 09, 2021
NoToPile:
Loool so it has now been translated to if I foot the bills I have all the sole authority, oya foot first.

Some are even saying its what makes men die before their time.

All of them neatly dodged the nurturing role of the woman, she will share bills and also nurture everyone.

Check out a woman who makes money and also does all the house work alone , she might even die faster than the man who only provides money only.

You guys should choose a side and stick to it.

You want her to split bills oya split chores to naw, no their ego won't allow it (this same ego doesn't follow them abroad ooothey do all chores possible) its the female can can provide money abi.

male Primary role - Provide

Female Primary role - nurture

The boys want the females to share in their role but don't want to share the female role. Its not possible naaw. Their hypocrisy was exposed on that Toks2008 thread.

All the NL boys shouting how many of them can comfortably feed their family without the wife's input.

Just provision Oo, NL boys will be whining up and down when women have been providing and taking care of the home for a long time.

Which kind yeye nurture? I can nurture too...
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Shegzy8(m): 7:04am On Nov 09, 2021
sharone21:

You are right but the part u said bills should be split equally CANNOT be forced...Or during pregnancy and child bearing, u will help her carry it or help her pay a surrogate?
I believe in partnership in marriage and a wife supporting her husband and if God blesses her more, even be the breadwinner while the man helps out...but understand that unlike men who are not bugged down by child birthing and care which takes a chunk of a woman's life and economic wellbeing, many women have lost opportunities of more progressive promotions at their places of work and subsequently are at the lower rung of life financially.
There must be balance and each home is uniquely different.

Why digressing. You’re already saying something different. We are talking about the home and you’re talking about what affects women.

If or when a woman is pregnant, it is the duty of the man to help out as much as possible in all ways (pregnancy ain’t easy).

So far a woman works, she must have her financial input in the home. Hence, why is she working?

And do you really thing men have things easy also? There are so many scenery where women gets a pass just cause they are women. With the same qualification, skill and IQ in a non physical field, a woman has a higher chance of success than a man.

I read a new where a couple lost a child who was sick, they had the hospital bill to pay but the man was finding it hard to raise it all. The woman had the money but felt it was the mans duty to pay. They lost the child and the man found out she had the money in her bank account.

My question is “what does a married woman do with her salary”?

I’ll prefer marrying a full house wife with no financial input than a working class with no financial input.

3 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by BigBashiru: 7:06am On Nov 09, 2021
Shegzy8:

Why digressing. You’re already saying something different. We are talking about the home and you’re talking about what affects women.

If or when a woman is pregnant, it is the duty of the man to help out as much as possible in all ways (pregnancy ain’t easy).

So far a woman works, she must have her financial input in the home. Hence, why is she working?

And do you really thing men have things easy also? There are so many scenery where women gets a pass just cause they are women. With the same qualification, skill and IQ in a non physical field, a woman has a higher chance of success than a man.

I read a new where a couple lost a child who was sick, they had the hospital bill to pay but the man was finding it hard to raise it all. The woman had the money but felt it was the mans duty to pay. They lost the child and the man found out she had the money in her bank account.

I’ll prefer marrying a full house wife with no financial input than a working class with no financial input.

I like yr last paragraph. A working wife with no input is using you.
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by BigBashiru: 7:11am On Nov 09, 2021
Shegzy8:

The second question is why did she go to school if she knows she will still be depending on a man....
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by lincs25(m): 7:12am On Nov 09, 2021
wunmi590:
I'm writing based on the thread that grace the front page either this week or last, see below for the thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6833377/type-relationship-desire

In my own opinion, I feel it is the full responsibilities of every man, to foot every bills in your home, you claim to be the head and as the head you should always be responsible and not shy away from your responsibilities..

It is only broke men that fight their wives to share mans responsibilities, if you are not capable to take up your sole responsibility, please remain single..

You can't see Dangote or Femi Otedola splitting bills at home with their wife..

Your woman can only support you at her own will without being told to do so....

Know this and have peace of mind cool
Everybody want to write even when it doesn't make sense! And he create a helper to be with a man.
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Qatar2022: 7:12am On Nov 09, 2021
wunmi590:
I'm writing based on the thread that grace the front page either this week or last, see below for the thread:

In my own opinion, I feel it is the full responsibilities of every man, to foot every bills in your home, you claim to be the head and as the head you should always be responsible and not shy away from your responsibilities..

It is only broke men that fight their wives to share mans responsibilities, if you are not capable to take up your sole responsibility, please remain single..

Shut up my friend if you don't have anything to say, they're preaching equal but they can't split bill
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Qatar2022: 7:14am On Nov 09, 2021
chatinent:
Seconded.

If a woman wants to support, it should be willingly not by coercion.
But you people want equal rights but when it come to bill you start talking trash

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Peacefulgold(m): 7:17am On Nov 09, 2021
Op you are still leaving in d stone age ...
U never hear ..future is female ...

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by BigBashiru: 7:17am On Nov 09, 2021
Qatar2022:

But you people want equal rights but when it come to bill you start talking trash

Solid point. I believe a true test of a woman is a woman that can contribute. Any woman that can't contribute is a selfish and bad woman.

About equality. It has always been equality so long as it's convenient for them....

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by dotedote: 7:18am On Nov 09, 2021
Fueling her car is paying bills abi ?
I guess she's unemployed for you to believe that fueling her own car is doing you a favor.
Your type come here for advice when her type take control of your life and you can't breathe again.

wunmi590:

Nobody is saying the woman will not have a say, what we are saying is that husband should stop forcing their wives to split bills, bill is the sole responsibility of the husband....

My wife pay bills, she buy fuel in her car, it was suppose to be my responsibility, because I gave her the car, but she does it at her own will....

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Shegzy8(m): 7:19am On Nov 09, 2021
BigBashiru:

I like yr last paragraph. A working wife with no input is using you.

It’s so annoying.

That’s why

So many men die at the non appointed time

The woman might even re-marry (life goes on)

The kids are more sympathetic with there mom. ( if you like, kill yourself with bills)

That’s why so many men are unkept while there wives glow ( they have neglected there needs)

That’s why so many men become poorer after marriage

How can a man grow in business when he’s taking FULL care of a full grown woman and there kids SINGLEHANDEDLY.

He is expected to provide for his family, help his parents, sometimes siblings, she expects you to give her parents money also. You are unable to give your parents much, you give her parents little and she helps them compliment it. Who is losing?

You’re unable to save. Stagnant

She saves, helps her parents and siblings while you can’t help yours to your capacity.

You aren’t growing financially or you are growing at a slow pace.

I can never allow my wife take up the bills 50-50. But there will be some assigned /designated responsibilities. Might be kids clothing, electricity or she takes food items. I cannot come and die
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Shegzy8(m): 7:21am On Nov 09, 2021
BigBashiru:

The second question is why did she go to school if she knows she will still be depending on a man....

Lol

What does she do with her money?
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Peacefulgold(m): 7:23am On Nov 09, 2021
wunmi590:

Alot of mentions, I'm sure aloy of people didn't read the heading before quoting me wrongly....

Marriage is not for everybody, if you know as a man, you can't take care of your responsibilities as the head of the house you always beat your cheat to be, kindly remain a bachelor till thy kingdom come......

I'm allergic to stupid mentions, I have said what I have to say, if you don't like it, jump and pass cheesy
And who told you you a man must take care of the bills ...
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by ijames: 7:26am On Nov 09, 2021
Well, I do not understand what the role of a woman would be if the man take full responsibility of the home....
I cloud as well hire a maid and get anyone to give a child...

wunmi590:

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Qatar2022: 7:26am On Nov 09, 2021
Iyaebe:
Don't mind them, bring that spiliting and sharing bills before me and watch me apply it everywhere such that you will hate yourself.A man should just be good,do his best,give love and care and you won't ever need to sound it to your wife to be supportive. But you see those redpillers immediately asking for bills to be shared ehn,me sef will activate my other side and even the air we breath will be shared,down to the bedroom as you'll only release sperm when I want kid,other times I'm going to stop you at your peak because we have to divide the energy as well.rubbish
The only you have is pussy and pussy is cheapest commodities in Nigeria so shut up
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Pataricatering(f): 7:29am On Nov 09, 2021
wunmi590:

As it stands the man is the head of the family, and when he says NO, the NO must stand...

I'm a male wink
lol , be deceiving yourself there - the time for all this head of home nonsense is over - you can't try it with girls nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by BigBashiru: 7:30am On Nov 09, 2021
Peacefulgold:
Op you are still leaving in d stone age ...
U never hear ..future is female ...

Another good point...if the future is female then why can't she contribute some cash to house hold expenses....
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Shegzy8(m): 7:31am On Nov 09, 2021
Pataricatering:
lol , be deceiving yourself there - the time for all this head of home nonsense is over - you can't try it with girls nowadays.
girls of nowadays that still expect there boyfriend to take care of there needs. Girls of nowadays that still depend on guys?
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Pataricatering(f): 7:31am On Nov 09, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Good answer.

When you see a man asking the wife to foot bills, it is usually because she has challenged his authority in the home.
you people need to stop lying to yourselves - most homes are two-income homes nowadays .Stop lying .

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by BigBashiru: 7:33am On Nov 09, 2021
Pataricatering:

Actually the man is the head of the home. It is a man that marries a woman and invites her to live with him. A woman can be sent packing anytime. If a woman is young then yes I agree the man is the head of the home is crap. But as she gets older she gets less attention and therefore has no other options that letting the man be thr head of the home....
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Pataricatering(f): 7:34am On Nov 09, 2021
wunmi590:

Nobody is saying the woman will not have a say, what we are saying is that husband should stop forcing their wives to split bills, bill is the sole responsibility of the husband....

My wife pay bills, she buy fuel in her car, it was suppose to be my responsibility, because I gave her the car, but she does it at her own will....

if a woman is working why should she not split bills?

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by pikechukwu6(m): 7:37am On Nov 09, 2021
Take responsibilities, that means women should work hard on their own... You forgot that many men support their wives with millions to stand. What is then the benefit of the supports? If the men are to take all the responsibility in the house... I hate what I dont like period. undecided undecided
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Pataricatering(f): 7:38am On Nov 09, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
I support the op...

But chebi God that created woman out of a token of man's rib did that Simply because he wanted her to be supportive to him in all ramifications? cheesy

It ought to be something that should be done willingly,and not by force....
Women were not created out of the rib of men - that's just a rubbish Bible story, if it's true why are men not the ones giving birth ? Shebi na for Im rib to just dey duplicate dey go .
Stop being gullible .

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Ademolathefirst: 7:39am On Nov 09, 2021
But bill is willingly shared without complaint abroad, its just a Nigerian issue. If a woman see that her husband has tried his best, nothing bad in telling him that she will pick one or two bills in certain months, etc
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by BigBashiru: 7:42am On Nov 09, 2021
Pataricatering:

Actually the man is the head of the home. It is a man that marries a woman and invites her to live with him. A woman can be sent packing anytime. If a woman is young then yes I agree the man is the head of the home is crap. But as she gets older she gets less attention and therefore has no other options that letting the man be thr head of the home....unless she wants to live alone....
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Pataricatering(f): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2021
chatinent:

Majority of women in Nigeria are married to incompetent husbands. Some are incompetent willingly. Some lost it on the way due to one reasons or the other.

These women provide more for the family than the husband because she doesn't want her kids to suffer. She has to do whatever to make ends meet.

This isn't obligation. This is struggle. This does not in anyway mean I disrespect them. No, struggle is golden.

What I earlier said is it is difficult to see a woman speak up for the responsibilities to be shared. It may happen in Europe.
is it about speaking up or just sharing responsibilities? Responsibilities are shared in majority of homes - but you men keep forcing these silly narrative - and forcing the culture where women are supposed to keep quiet about contributions in the home ' so as not to emasculate the man .when women keep quiet about what they give - it gives you room to lie about them not contributing to the home .
More women need to speak up about their contributions- cos you dudes should not be allowed to continue this lies .

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Pataricatering(f): 7:49am On Nov 09, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
....This is where most of us get it wrong.

Everybody must not marry a well to do man and if you as a woman you find yourself in such situation then it is your obligation to make sure your kids doesn't suffer.

Look at it this way. A man lost his job and the family starts starving just because the woman who is still employed simply forgot that it's her obligation to cater for the family. How will you as a man see such woman?
majority of women contribute immensely to the home ' this narrative is just propaganda to make it seem women don't contribute .
How many people growing up did not have mothers who worked their hands to the bone to support their family and were forced to not take credit so as not to emasculate the man ? Women are obligated and do it willingly - especially for the kids .

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 09, 2021
Mendy101:

Then I hire a maid but you will sha pay your own part of her salary, all this nonsense mentality of Nigerian girls, what happened to support your husband, especially when he struggles to meet up you will just be there looking at him because he is suppose to do it when you can...funny lots

I don’t even mind paying all the bills.

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by PremierOla: 7:51am On Nov 09, 2021
eazzzy1:
The days when paying bills was the sole responsibility of a man are far gone. In those days men didn’t want their wives working and the made that abundantly clear.

If a woman makes money she should contribute towards the bills. They either contribute a percentage of their income to a joint account with which they take care of all bills or they split bills equally.

Even children should pay bills when they start earning, if they continue to live at home. Any woman who doesn’t want to split bills should be fine if her husband tells her to stop working.

It’s this kind of pride that makes men die early. Keep paying bills while she saves up all her own money. You will be telling your siblings you don’t have 10k to give them, she will send her own siblings abroad for studies.

This is the best comment ever
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Pataricatering(f): 7:52am On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't smoke from that silly man-is-head pipe either but there is something really unsettling about a married couple splitting the bills. It doesn't make any sense at all. undecided

And yes, a woman can foot and should take it on herself to foot the bill where she is able to afterall the family also belongs to her. undecided
Women need to split bills - infact bills should be split based in a percentage of ones salary - naturally the higher earning spouse pays more . Household work and childcare will also be split according to how busy or less busy each spouse is . This is the equality we fight for as women- splitting bills comes with the territory

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Pataricatering(f): 7:57am On Nov 09, 2021
GboyegaD:
The man is the head doesn't make him the financial head of the home. If the wife is opportune to make more, he should support her.

Overall, each home should work what works for them.
loooooooooooooooooool - pls don't be silly - if you are the head of the home then you had better be putting up 100% of the bills in that home - you can't be a patriarch without paying patriarchy bills , my man.

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by ikenna44: 8:01am On Nov 09, 2021
You're silly!

This your post is the reason why I'm still insisting that people undergo psychological evaluation before they are give internet enabled phones.

wunmi590:

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

After 21 Years Of Barrenness Woman Delivers Baby Boy (photos) / Youths Flog Boy Mercilessly For Insulting His Mother In Edo (VIDEO) / Mother Of 5 Who Dumped Husband For Lover, Kicked Out By Same Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.