Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Does Hell Exist? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Hell Exist? (2968 Views)

Chat GPT Answer The Hell Question: Does Hell Exist? / Does "Hell" Really Exist Or It Was Invented By Religion? / Does Hell Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Hell Exist? by DappaD: 11:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
Okay you agreed that Sodom and Gomorrah do not continue to exist since Jude 7 said they underwent eternal punishment. But the same lingo is used at Matthew 25:46, so who’s telling you the people mentioned in that verse will continue to exist?

P.S. I just joined the thread, I haven’t been here before.

TenQ:

You said the book of revelation were just parables and visions that should not be taken literally, so, I showed you that I not only quoted from Revelation but also from Matthew25
Why dont you first analyse Matthew 25:46 since you don't need to IMPLY any meaning or interpretation as in Jude 1:7
How do you explain away the DIRECT word of Christ in Mat25, with Jude 1: that is subject to interpretation
Matthew 25:46
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Lets look at
Jude 1:6-8
…6And the angels who did not stay within their own domain but abandoned their proper dwelling—these He has kept in eternal chains under darkness, bound for judgment on that great day. 7 In like manner, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, who indulged in sexual immorality and pursued strange flesh, are on display as an example of those who sustain the punishment of eternal fire.
What does eternal chain mean in Jude6?
Are those Angels dead (like Sodom and Gomorrah citizens) ?
If they are not dead, where are they?
Is Jude 6 just a parable?
NOW
In like manner with the Angels in verse 6, Jude described Sodom and Gomorrah (which doesn't even exist again)
If they don't exist again, how can they be on display as an example (no one can even say for sure the location of the two cities)?
I want you to relate verse 6 and 7 and correlater them well.
A paralel of Jude 6 is
2Pt 2:4-6
4 For if God did not spare the angels when they sinned, but cast them deep into hell, placing them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; 5 if He did not spare the ancient world when He brought the flood on its ungodly people, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, among the eight; 6 if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction, reducing them to ashes as an example of what is coming on the ungodly;
Where are the Ashes of Sodom and Gomorrah?
Now, compare with the direct teaching of Jesus in
Mathew 5:21
21You have heard that it was said to the ancients, ‘Do not murder’ and ‘Anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, ‘Raca,’ will be subject to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be subject to the fire of hell.

Jesus specifically mentioned that the standard of God is even higher than the judgement of Murder:Such will be Subject to the Fires of Hell
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Kaniff: 12:10am On Nov 14, 2021
Hell is when you go against your nature. The feeling you get when your identify yourself with a perceived image. The conscious body but heaven is he who is at peace. The watcher, he is conscious of his spirit man and not the mortal man. He has no identity he is like the wind,the sun, he just is what he is consciousness he is blissful regardless of the waves in emotion because he knows it's all an illusion. Hell is literally a state of the mind,body and soul. When you get angry,spiteful,greed ,lustful or any negating attitude that might cause harm to another and yourself out of desires for flesh pleasure hell's fire will burn inside out. But when all you are is pure love like the sun, shining on the good and the bad alike. You are in the blissful heavenly state

1 Like

Re: Does Hell Exist? by 22jumpstreet: 12:12am On Nov 14, 2021
Kaniff:
Hell is when you go against your nature. The feeling you get when your identify yourself with a perceived image. The conscious body but heaven is he who is at peace. The watcher, he is conscious of his spirit man and not the mortal man. He has no identity he is like the wind,the sun, he just is what he is consciousness he is blissful regardless of the waves in emotion because he knows it's all an illusion. Hell is literally a state of the mind,body and soul. When you get angry,spiteful,greed ,lustful or any negating attitude that might cause harm to another and yourself out of desires for flesh pleasure hell's fire will burn inside out. But when all you are is pure love like the sun, shining on the good and the bad alike. You are in the blissful heavenly state

Amazing...you are awake..
Re: Does Hell Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:02am On Nov 14, 2021
Acehart:

You for try to answer those questions. Anyway, you try. Give it up for Mr. Maximum.
All your questions are summed up in one so i go straight to the answer, God has two things in mind from the beginning LIFE or DEATH so each person must choose one {Deuteronomy 30:19} it's as simple as ABC! smiley
Re: Does Hell Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:03am On Nov 14, 2021
bobestman:

How can a Spiritually blind man learning from a Spiritually blind Organization understand Spiritual things. Have told you many things, take them or thrash them.
Just as you're also a blind man arguing blindly to me so there's nothing you know! cheesy
Re: Does Hell Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:12am On Nov 14, 2021
TenQ:

You forget that God is the one who decides who is a son or not amongst his creations.

I find it amazing that God chained his children (with eternal chains) under darkness while reserving them for a greater punishment
Jude 1:6
6 And the angels who did not stay within their own domain but abandoned their proper dwelling— these He has kept in eternal chains under darkness, bound for judgment on that great day.

I guess this is a mere parable as God does not have the liver to dump these evil spirits in the lake of fire!

My guy it's symbolic terms!
The same angels the Bible said were kept in chains and thrown into darkness are moving freely about the earth {Job 1:6-7} and working with magicians, sorcerers, wizards, witches and so on. They're the spirits behind false religions binding people with spells and possessing people.
Have you read where Jesus is casting out demons from people? It's these same angels that he was casting out so how are they in chains or darkness if it's not symbolic terms that you need to understand? undecided

If you're interested in knowing the meaning of this symbolic terms we will help you, one of my brothers is also here with you so this is not the time for blind arguments but to know the sacred secrets! smiley
Re: Does Hell Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:55am On Nov 14, 2021
TenQ:

This wasn't a parable o Mr maximus, it was a response to a question by [the Sadducees who do not believe in a resurrection of the dead.

You're getting it wrong here my friend!
Sadducees believe in reincarnation and they got the idea after their stay in Babylon for decades.
Resurrection is the only hope for our dead love ones, they're dead and nothing survives them, they don't have souls or spirits that survives their bodies, it's the active force from God that keeps our breath and at death that power actuating our body system returns to God! Psalms 104:29; 146:4; Ecclesiastes 12:7
So the only hope of seeing the dead again is a RESURRECTION the Sadducees don't believe this rather they believe in REINCARNATION.

That is why they are different from the Pharisees because even though the Pharisees join forces with the Sadducees to kill Jesus and keep persecuting Jesus' disciples they believe in the resurrection of the dead:

Now Paul, knowing that the one part was made up of Sadducees but the other of Pharisees, cried out in the Sanʹhe·drin: “Men, brothers, I am a Pharisee, a son of Pharisees. Over the hope of the resurrection of the dead I am being judged.” Because he said this, a dissension arose between the Pharisees and the Sadducees, and the assembly was split.  For the Sadducees say that there is neither resurrection nor angel nor spirit, but the Pharisees accept them all. Act 23:6-8

I am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES we strongly believe in the resurrection of the dead it's you guys that are saying twisted things thinking you have something to do with God's word when in actual fact you are far away from the knowledge of God.

If i should ask you questions using the scriptures now the same way i did back then before i converted from Islam to JW you will end up saying "i don't know" because you don't have the accurate knowledge of God's word unlike the JWs who answered all my questions satisfactorily using the Bible!

If you're saying the dead are alive somewhere please can you present a scripture to support that?
Remember Abel was murdered, Enoch was taken, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Elijah all died and buried.
So when you say Jesus' statement regarding Abraham, Isaac and Jacob should be taken literally and Jesus himself said no man has gone to heaven {John 3:13} then where are they if not dead in their graves awaiting resurrection? John 5:28-29; Act 24:15 smiley

Let me answer first then you can also present your own answer and compare to mine.

Jesus said Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are living to God because their names has been written in God's memory book for a remembrance of them so during the resurrection Abraham Isaac and Jacob surely will be resurrected! Revelations 20:15
But all those having nothing to do with God will be forgotten in their graves {Psalms 9:17} so they will remain dead forever, that's what the Bible calls "eternal punishment" or "lake of fire" the punishment we're all experiencing now is death due to Adamic sin but it's temporary since we have the hope of resurrection but as for evildoers their own punishment will be permanent!

Now explain what Jesus meant when he said Abraham Isaac and Jacob are living before God yet he said no man has gone to heaven. smiley
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Acehart: 7:28am On Nov 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

All your questions are summed up in one so i go straight to the answer, God has two things in mind from the beginning LIFE or DEATH so each person must choose one {Deuteronomy 30:19} it's as simple as ABC! smiley

You flatter yourself. That’s a great attribute. You avoided those questions and I saw Max is like finding the Amazon in the Yukon.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:34am On Nov 14, 2021
Acehart:

You flatter yourself. That’s a great attribute. You avoided those questions and I saw Max is like finding the Amazon in the Yukon.

Your problem is faithlessness!

You people are not just satisfied with God's judgment, you want people to suffer after they've paid for sin at death so like your trinity fathers you keep anticipating more punishment for those who wronged you. cheesy

Adam is the first and foremost sinner, it's his sin that brought sickness and death to billions after him, so if Adam had not sinned there wouldn't have been any reason for sickness, suffering or death.
So answer this simple question:
Where is Adam and Eve today, heaven or hell? smiley
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:54am On Nov 14, 2021
bobestman:

Do you know who they wrote to you as Lord? To know the Creator of all things, you need to have His knowledge.

That is the Beauty and Power of God. His Truths are known and can be be known for they Run All through the earth.

So no matter what anyone says or chooses to say, Truth Rules!
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Acehart: 8:54am On Nov 14, 2021
[img][/img]
MaxInDHouse:

Your problem is faithlessness!

You people are not just satisfied with God's judgment, you want people to suffer after they've paid for sin at death so like your trinity fathers you keep anticipating more punishment for those who wronged you. cheesy

Adam is the first and foremost sinner, it's his sin that brought sickness and death to billions after him, so if Adam had not sinned there wouldn't have been any reason for sickness, suffering or death.
So answer this simple question:
Where is Adam and Eve today, heaven or hell? smiley

Regarding faithlessness: could you explain this words of Jesus as one with the Spirit of Truth- “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Please explain the bold texts

Then, explain the meaning of the verse about the punishment of the wicked from the Book of Job: Sulfur (Brimstone) will be scattered on his home (flesh). He will be driven from the light into the darkness
Re: Does Hell Exist? by bobestman(m): 11:20am On Nov 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Just as you're also a blind man arguing blindly to me so there's nothing you know! cheesy
Hahaha I dont argue here. I only correct ppl like you bragging about their Denominations which will soon become Desolation. And those teaching what they never know the Origin. They never know the deep and secret thing about Religion. And as I told you earlier, take it or thrash it.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by bobestman(m): 11:36am On Nov 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

That is the Beauty and Power of God. His Truths are known and can be be known for they Run All through the earth.

So no matter what anyone says or chooses to say, Truth Rules!
You are right bro. Anything can be truth to anyone especially those in Religion. To them their Religion is the best and the only true Way.But I tell you, one must find the narrow way to discover that truth. It's not open to all. One must search and seek before they can find it. As for now, all in Religion are in that Broad Way cos it was founded on Lies and Bloodshed. And after it's gone shall the True way all must seek comes -Isaiah 2. And as it is written, the the Good and Narrow Way is the Ancient path many of you think is lost. Find it and find Rest for your Soul. Only A FEW are previledged to find it for now and that Few shall teach those who will yarn for it when the time comes.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:44am On Nov 14, 2021
bobestman:

You are right bro. Anything can be truth to anyone especially those in Religion.

No sir, Truth is Truth, whether people choose to close their eyes to it or choose to describe it wit a strange identity rather than its Truthful Natural Popular Identity or refuse to declare the Truth of it.

Truth will still be there waiting!
Re: Does Hell Exist? by bobestman(m): 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

No sir, Truth is Truth, whether people choose to close their eyes to it or choose to describe it wit a strange identity rather than its Truthful Natural Popular Identity or refuse to declare the Truth of it.

Truth will still be there waiting!
Know one can declare a truth they have no knowledge of. You must know the truth before you can be set free. Finding the narrow way everyone don't know is how you connect to the truth. All you have in histories and documentation had been altered. The truth will only come in its/His time into a corrupt world and declare himself/itself before ppl can find It/Him
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
bobestman:

Know one can declare a truth they have no knowledge of.

True!

And the correct Truth pronounced in that case is "I DON'T KNOW"!

But the popular and offensive one is the Knowing of a Truth but calling it everything other than The Truth which it is.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by bobestman(m): 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

True!

LLAnd the correct Truth pronounced in that case is "I DON'T KNOW"!

But the popular and offensive one is the Knowing of a Truth but calling it everything other than The Truth which it is.
It's cos their is a Lie that was sold to all as Truth and they believed it and a Truth only a FEW know.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
bobestman:

Hahaha I dont argue here. I only correct ppl like you bragging about their Denominations which will soon become Desolation. And those teaching what they never know the Origin. They never know the deep and secret thing about Religion. And as I told you earlier, take it or thrash it.

Already your ideas is in the trash so repeating it makes no sense.
People need to be enlightened that's why Jesus ordered us to go preaching and teaching in our neighbourhood but since you're saying the true knowledge will soon come i don't think your assertion makes any sense because many have died, many are dying presently and many will still die so what stupidity is your stupid god saying if everyone should wait what about those who have died?
So my friend your opinion belongs to the trash! cheesy
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
bobestman:

It's cos their is a Lie that was sold to all as Truth and they believed it and a Truth only a FEW know.

So are you saying that you do not see people lying of their own accord and volition?
Re: Does Hell Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
Acehart:

Regarding faithlessness: could you explain this words of Jesus as one with the Spirit of Truth- “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen. Hebrews 11:1
Faith is about what we learned from God's word and we can perceive with our eyes of faith but unbelievers can't see nor perceive because it's not here visibly.
Eternal punishment (non-existence) awaits Satan and his demons but the descendants of Adam (who never took part in the rebellion that happened in the garden of Eden) only happened to suffer temporary punishment because we have all inherited sin from Adam.
Permanent destruction is not meant for Adam's descendants but for Satan, demons, Adam and Eve. So on the day Jesus will establish God's kingdom on this planet, all faithless people will face the same judgment (permanent death) like Satan, demons, Adam and Eve! Revelations 20:15

Acehart:

Please explain the bold texts
Then, explain the meaning of the verse about the punishment of the wicked from the Book of Job: Sulfur (Brimstone) will be scattered on his home (flesh). He will be driven from the light into the darkness

Permanent destruction is symbolized by refuse dump-sight where fire always burn, in ancient times sulphur (brimstone) is sometimes added to aid speedy burning of the refuse and carcasses of death animals so it doesn't stink or cause pollution in the air.
That's what will happen to the evildoers there will not be a place for them in God's Kingdom:

For evil men will be done away with, But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth.  Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. Psalms 37:9-11

So God is talking about their whereabout not their bodies because both the good and the evildoers will loose their bodies at death, only the righteous will be remembered for a resurrection while evildoers will be completely forgotten! Psalms 9:17 smiley
Re: Does Hell Exist? by TenQ: 1:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, this all boils down go whether you believe Jesus Christ is the Truth of God, or not. kiss
The words of Christ states plainly that men can only kill the BODY and not the Soul and Spirit of another man
Only God can kill the BODY and thereafter still deal with the Soul/Spirit of a man

Any doctrine that suggests that man can also kill (cause to cease existing) the Soul and Spirit of a man is not Scriptural.
The implication is that at death, the spirit and soul of a person are intact and are with God.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by TenQ: 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
DappaD:
Okay you agreed that Sodom and Gomorrah do not continue to exist since Jude 7 said they underwent eternal punishment. But the same lingo is used at Matthew 25:46, so who’s telling you the people mentioned in that verse will continue to exist?

P.S. I just joined the thread, I haven’t been here before.

ANd a proper understanding of Jude will require that you understand what befell the angels who left their abode

1. What does eternal chain mean in Jude6?
2. Are those Angels dead (like Sodom and Gomorrah citizens) ?
3. If they are not dead, where are they?
4. Is Jude 6 just a parable?
Re: Does Hell Exist? by TenQ: 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

My guy it's symbolic terms!
The same angels the Bible said were kept in chains and thrown into darkness are moving freely about the earth {Job 1:6-7} and working with magicians, sorcerers, wizards, witches and so on. They're the spirits behind false religions binding people with spells and possessing people.
Have you read where Jesus is casting out demons from people? It's these same angels that he was casting out so how are they in chains or darkness if it's not symbolic terms that you need to understand? undecided

If you're interested in knowing the meaning of this symbolic terms we will help you, one of my brothers is also here with you so this is not the time for blind arguments but to know the sacred secrets! smiley
Jude1:6 is symbolic but Jude1:7 is literal!?
Re: Does Hell Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
TenQ:

Jude1:6 is symbolic but Jude1:7 is literal!?

And the angels who did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place, he has reserved with eternal bonds in dense darkness for the judgment of the great day. In the same manner, Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah and the cities around them also gave themselves over to gross sexual immorality and pursued unnatural fleshly desires; they are placed before us as a warning example by undergoing the judicial punishment of everlasting fire.
Jude 1:6-7

What exactly do you mean? smiley
Re: Does Hell Exist? by oluwafeolami(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
Acehart:

The next time you have the most terrible nightmare you have ever had, create a thread about it then I’ll ball with you.

Good answer.

If u can’t create a thread of ur nightmare, so whatever anybody tells u about hell is only liable to d story teller. Hell is not real, thanks for schooling that nigga. I’m sure he will still not accept, anyways Na dem sabi.

How will I burn in hell when my body has been laid to rest on Mother Earth, will d body transcend itself up?
Hell fire ko, hell fire ni lol.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by TenQ: 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You're getting it wrong here my friend!
Sadducees believe in reincarnation and they got the idea after their stay in Babylon for decades.
Resurrection is the only hope for our dead love ones, they're dead and nothing survives them, they don't have souls or spirits that survives their bodies, it's the active force from God that keeps our breath and at death that power actuating our body system returns to God! Psalms 104:29; 146:4; Ecclesiastes 12:7
So the only hope of seeing the dead again is a RESURRECTION the Sadducees don't believe this rather they believe in REINCARNATION.

That is why they are different from the Pharisees because even though the Pharisees join forces with the Sadducees to kill Jesus and keep persecuting Jesus' disciples they believe in the resurrection of the dead:

Now Paul, knowing that the one part was made up of Sadducees but the other of Pharisees, cried out in the Sanʹhe·drin: “Men, brothers, I am a Pharisee, a son of Pharisees. Over the hope of the resurrection of the dead I am being judged.” Because he said this, a dissension arose between the Pharisees and the Sadducees, and the assembly was split.  For the Sadducees say that there is neither resurrection nor angel nor spirit, but the Pharisees accept them all. Act 23:6-8
The Bible Specifically spoke of the Sadducees about
The Sadducees do NOT believe in Resurrection
The Sadducees do NOT believe in spirits
The Sadducees do NOT believe in Angels
From non biblical sources
The Sadducees believe in the following
--There is no fate.
--God does not commit evil
--Man has free will; "man has the free choice of good or evil".
--The soul is not immortal; there is no afterlife.
--There are no rewards or penalties after death.

As per REINCARNATION, there is no evidence whatsoever that the Sadducees believed in Reincarnation

BUT, lets leave reincarnation out of the discussion because there is no scripture to back it up

MaxInDHouse:

I am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES we strongly believe in the resurrection of the dead it's you guys that are saying twisted things thinking you have something to do with God's word when in actual fact you are far away from the knowledge of God.

If i should ask you questions using the scriptures now the same way i did back then before i converted from Islam to JW you will end up saying "i don't know" because you don't have the accurate knowledge of God's word unlike the JWs who answered all my questions satisfactorily using the Bible!

If you're saying the dead are alive somewhere please can you present a scripture to support that?
Any scripture i present, wont you say its a parable?
2Cor 5:8
8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

Is the grave the home of Christ?

Phil 1:23
23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;

Why isn't this scripture say "to depart and be in the grave"?

So, Maximus, when you die and leave this world, where will you be? (in the grave or with Christ?)
MaxInDHouse:

Remember Abel was murdered, Enoch was taken, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Elijah all died and buried.
So when you say Jesus' statement regarding Abraham, Isaac and Jacob should be taken literally and Jesus himself said no man has gone to heaven {John 3:13} then where are they if not dead in their graves awaiting resurrection? John 5:28-29; Act 24:15 smiley
Where is heaven?
Is heaven so small it can only be the throne room of God?
John 14:2
2 In My Father’s house are many [a]mansions; if it were not so, [b]I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Is it impossible for there to exist a place for the dead (SHEOL) where righteous souls like Abraham, Isaac, Moses, Paul, Peter etc are?
MaxInDHouse:

Let me answer first then you can also present your own answer and compare to mine.

Jesus said Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are living to God because their names has been written in God's memory book for a remembrance of them so during the resurrection Abraham Isaac and Jacob surely will be resurrected! Revelations 20:15
But all those having nothing to do with God will be forgotten in their graves {Psalms 9:17} so they will remain dead forever, that's what the Bible calls "eternal punishment" or "lake of fire" the punishment we're all experiencing now is death due to Adamic sin but it's temporary since we have the hope of resurrection but as for evildoers their own punishment will be permanent!

Now explain what Jesus meant when he said Abraham Isaac and Jacob are living before God yet he said no man has gone to heaven. smiley
Abraham Isaac and Jacob are living because they are NOT dead as God is not he God of the dead but of the living. Only their bodies are dead and probably long buried, but their real essence is living (Soul/Spirit).

Ecclesiastes 12:7-9
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Eccl specifically says where the righteous go at death (its not just memory or memory book as you have described it)
They are like Angels who though have no physical bodies are Living Beings
Re: Does Hell Exist? by bobestman(m): 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So are you saying that you do not see people lying of their own accord and volition?
That one is very glaring.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by TenQ: 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

And the angels who did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place, he has reserved with eternal bonds in dense darkness for the judgment of the great day. In the same manner, Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah and the cities around them also gave themselves over to gross sexual immorality and pursued unnatural fleshly desires; they are placed before us as a warning example by undergoing the judicial punishment of everlasting fire.
Jude 1:6-7

What exactly do you mean? smiley
Is Jude1:6 a literal event? Did it happen exactly as stated or it is symbolic?
And the angels who did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place, he has reserved with eternal bonds in dense darkness for the judgment of the great day.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
TenQ:

Any scripture i present, wont you say its a parable?
2Cor 5:8
8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

Is the grave the home of Christ?
Phil 1:23
23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;

Why isn't this scripture say "to depart and be in the grave"?
So, Maximus, when you die and leave this world, where will you be? (in the grave or with Christ?)
All faithful servants of God believe that they will remain in their graves until they're called back to life {Job 14:13-15} Jesus himself said a time is coming when all those in the grave will hear his voice and come out {John 5:28-29 Paul also confirmed that there is going to be a resurrection! Act 24:15
So if i die today i'm not going anywhere but wait in my grave to be called back to life just as Jesus called Lazarus! John 11:44
As for Paul who said he will be with the Lord that's totally a different topic entirely but i will not leave you in the dark on that.
Jesus' kingdom supposed to be established in Jerusalem {Isaiah 2:3} so that's where all prophets of ancient times believe that they will be with the Christ {Act 1:6} but Jerusalem has been polluted with the blood of many prophets of God and finally Jesus Christ was persecuted, accused, arraigned, charged, judged, sentenced and executed in Jerusalem, that's why Jesus foretold that Jerusalem can no longer receive such a glory {Matthew 23:37-38} this made his disciples devastated and totally confused, the question now is "where are they going to stay to rule the earth with the Christ?" that's why Jesus made the popular statement found at John 14:1-4
This limited number of co-rulers {Luke 12:32} are the ones going to anywhere Jesus goes not all faithful people {Revelations 14:4} the rest will enjoy everlasting life here on planet earth.
So Jesus made a distinction when he said some will be in heaven {Matthew 5:3} while the rest will inherit the earth! Matthew 5:5
I belong to the other sheep Jesus talked about {John 10:16} so my place is not heaven but earth! Psalms 37:9-11, 29
TenQ:

Where is heaven?
Is heaven so small it can only be the throne room of God?
John 14:2
2 In My Father’s house are many [a]mansions; if it were not so, [b]I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Is it impossible for there to exist a place for the dead (SHEOL) where righteous souls like Abraham, Isaac, Moses, Paul, Peter etc are?
Earth is where God designed for mankind but heaven is for spirit life not physical {Psalms 115:16} so all those who lived until John the baptist can't go to heaven because the initiation of co-rulers with Christ has not been done {Matthew 11:11} it was established at Pentecost so the counting began from the first 11 Apostles of Christ who will be the foundation of that arrangement {Matthew 19:28} their names were written on the foundation stones of God's kingdom in heaven! Revelations 21:14
So from Abel to John the baptist are not going to heaven rather their own share is everlasting life on planet earth!
TenQ:

Abraham Isaac and Jacob are living because they are NOT dead as God is not he God of the dead but of the living. Only their bodies are dead and probably long buried, but their real essence is living (Soul/Spirit).
Ecclesiastes 12:7-9
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Eccl specifically says where the righteous go at death (its not just memory or memory book as you have described it)
They are like Angels who though have no physical bodies are Living Beings
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are still sleeping in their graves until now!
What Jesus meant here is that God has written their names in the list of those who will be resurrected, Apostle Paul under inspiration listed their names and called them Witnesses whose names is already in God's memory book! Hebrews 11:4-32
Many other faithful ones will join them and we will welcome them back to life here on earth because it's Christians that will be resurrected first so that the last faithful person to die will be the first to be resurrected! Matthew 19:30

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Does Hell Exist? by bobestman(m): 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Already your ideas is in the trash so repeating it makes no sense.
People need to be enlightened that's why Jesus ordered us to go preaching and teaching in our neighbourhood but since you're saying the true knowledge will soon come i don't think your assertion makes any sense because many have died, many are dying presently and many will still die so what stupidity is your stupid god saying if everyone should wait what about those who have died?
So my friend your opinion belongs to the trash! cheesy
I can't be wasting my time on you. I have told you many things. Go and read them. The things you said up there you don't know how it will happen. All you know is what they told you in JW. Many things I tell you are not my words but they are truth and older than even your Ancestors cos this is the Age of Light - all lost knowledge since the First Day shall be revealed. Many since the 3rd Day were already in error and you ppl that are in the Last Day that the errors had tripled think you know it all. All the errors must pass out before the Truth comes to overtakes them

Re: Does Hell Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
TenQ:

Is Jude1:6 a literal event? Did it happen exactly as stated or it is symbolic?
And the angels who did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place, he has reserved with eternal bonds in dense darkness for the judgment of the great day.
The angels committed sexual immorality with female humans {Genesis 6:1-2} after God destroyed that generation with flood the angels dropped their materialised bodies and went back to heaven but God didn't allow them back in the midst of his loyal spirit sons {1Peter 3:19-20} so the chains and darkness means they're no longer able to return to their position. For instance when a human is kept in chains and darkness we know that he can't mingle with free humans that's the import of what you're reading, those angels no longer know what God is planning or the future of mankind therefore they're worried and looking for God's people to whom God will reveal the sacred secrets! 1Peter 1:12

So when you hear people agitating about what the JWs are saying about the endtime or date God is coming to destroy the wicked, know today that it's not those people that are really interested in whatever JWs are saying because they already thought we are nonentities, rather it's those fallen angels they are worshiping that's instigating them to come and agitate why JWs have refused to the them the exact day of judgment! smiley
Re: Does Hell Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2021
bobestman:

I can't be wasting my time on you. I have told you many things. Go and read them. The things you said up there you don't know how it will happen. All you know is what they told you in JW. Many things I tell you are not my words but they are truth and older than even your Ancestors cos this is the Age of Light - all lost knowledge since the First Day shall be revealed. Many since the 3rd Day were already in error and you ppl that are in the Last Day that the errors had tripled think you know it all. All the errors must pass out before the Truth comes to overtakes them

Ògbéni you have nothing to offer so go and sit down somewhere! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus / 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. / Is Dejavu The Evidence Of A Parallel Universe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.