Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? (33851 Views)

Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside / Woman Flees Home In Owerri With Her Children Over Husband's Bad Attitude. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by femi4: 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Simran94:

See, I can't say your wife isn't in love with you oo but believe me every mother loves their children more than their spouses. Most women won't admit it because they don't want to offend their husbands, sometimes women say and do things to please them.

See, what makes women attracted to men? Money, physical looks, Wealth, Attraction and all sort but remove all of this from a man and see if a woman will stay. Just recently a story about a guy who became crippled after he was beaten up by a senior in school made FTC, he said he's girlfriend actually Left him after he became crippled, we have seen women who left their husbands because of lack of money or disabilities and all. On the other hand, A woman can give birth to a child with disabilities, and she will still love that child and stay by the child all through!!!
Rubbish
Someone is giving you a real time life experience, you are here spitting rubbish. That your wife shows affection to your children more than you does not mean you should put every woman in the same box.

In my dealings with women, I ve come to understand that they are not all wired the same way

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Simran94:

Your way of thinking is undiagnosable...
Don't try to diagnose my thinking, focus instead of rationally arguing whatever point you have instead. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by pocohantas(f): 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
.... Exactly. I don't know why it should be a problem in marriage.

Because some of you want to suck breast and take cerelac. After that, we rub your backs so that you can burp. Then tie you for back with two wrappers. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
kowalsky:

Lol. You've come with your nonsense again.

Just say it's because you married the man to take care of you and your children and rest. No need for all this unsolicited mental gymnastics.

Talmbout equal parenting. After bros goes out to hustle as breadwinner for 'our' money. You'll stay at home with big nyansh on top sofa then wait for him to come and parent equally. No dey disguise aunty
.,..I no fit laugh abeg. Take am easy your microphone too loud. grin
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Because some of you want to suck breast and take cerelac. After that, we rub your backs so that you can burp. Then tie you for back with two wrappers. undecided
.....As baby husbands o Kwa ya? Lol

Me weh never get time love myself I come dey drag love weh my wife suppose give my kids with them.

If breast hungry me,I go kuku wait make them sleep and suck the one weh dem remain. Shikina.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
Solofresh2:
You are ignorant
That is the way I am.I have tested it on people around me and I know what am talking about.
I sense danger when i see one
So you couldn't backup your claims with real evidence that is why you've descended instead to attacking my person. So what is new ? undecided

Abeg shift make adults continue talking o'jare! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
This is one of the reasons why some women have issues with their mother-in-laws, they end up leaving their own husbands house to move in to their son's house once he gets married.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Ellasure: 9:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
wordapostle:
I had that issue after my first child, after 8 years of 3 children I've learnt to live with that. I think it is just in mothers to behave that way. I just pray to God for grace to continually provide for family rather than start shouting of less attention, time, love or meat lol grin grin

What has really helped me to get loved as much as my children is helping my wife love the children in little things in the way she understands as love, like helping with assignments, play time, bathing them, feeding them, outing, shopping and going to bank, my children like going to bank maybe because from bank we usually branch shop rite or buy toys that will be lost or damaged the next day.

Husbands are babies to their wives until the real babies come you will know your real position. It may continue this way until your children are grown and leaves your house, then your wife can come back to you.

But some are not not this way. My wife loves and cares for me so much but she puts extra when it's the children maybe just maybe because because they are children

Your experience shared here is true and show men to be prepared for their old age properly so that all your labour in life is not ascribed to us properly too.

Today's world try to live monogamous life which is derived from men desiring to please their wife and maintain good peace in the family home.

Monogamy favour women in the long run and could effectively obliterate any contribution ever made by a father in the lifes of the children produced in a monogamous relationship.

Compare with a heterogeneous family settings. The lord of the house is known by any means of recognition. The only requirement is for the man of the house to be up and doing in order to maintain a good flow of money and welfare to the family members. The man in a multi wife settings will grow stronger and responsible to the society as he remained focused on family upkeep and deliverables.

A man in a single wife settings is not guaranteed a good future as he is in the wims and capricies of the woman life partner. Nowadays they often rebel as they grow older and get attached to children without appropriate responsibility and duty to the children resulting more like single parenting. Such children are never balanced in thinking and judgement of life issues and matters.

A man is advised to marry at two wife to be responsible and live together with the two in the same house. Let us go back to our African ways of yore. Single wife family is bringing too much confusion in to Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
Simran94:
This is one of the reasons why some women have issues with their mother-in-laws, they end up leaving their own husbands house to move in to their son's house once he gets married.
Guess what, Those mother-in-laws were themselves possessive mothers to begin with. This is a psychological problem that is at the root of so many marital problems even today. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
femi4:
Rubbish
Someone is giving you a real time life experience, you are here spitting rubbish. That your wife shows affection to your children more than you does not mean you should put every woman in the same box.

In my dealings with women, I ve come to understand that they are not all wired the same way
And I am also talking from a lot of real life happenings in many families I have seen and lived with. Women will always love their children MORE than their husbands, take it or leave it
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by vickydevoka(m): 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Make una no dey fear to talk this thing naw. Na only "MUMU MEN" always think WoMEN loves them. WoMEN don't have the capacity to love Men Unconditionally. Nothing to be worried about here. It's a normal thing, Nobody go beat you. Men are only shown "FAKE & CONDITIONAL LOVE BY WoMEN" because of what they provide. Shikena.....
Very true. I got to know that recently

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Truvelisback(m): 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
bepositive11:

If you ask a lot of people, they would tell you that they love their mother more than their father. Maybe you don't feel that way, but a lot of people do.
There are people who prefer their father to their mother. However, it depends on the relationship the father or mother has towards the children.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by 1Sharon(f): 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
ahnie:

I dunno.
In my own case the bond I share with my kids is far more solid and stronger in quantum than the one I share with my husband.

Sometimes sef,I dey even forget say I get husband.

Pls nobody should quote me oh,I have gone to buy paracetamol.

grin
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Simran94:

And I am also talking from a lot of real life happenings in many families I have seen and lived with. Women will always love their children MORE than their husbands, take it or leave it
Not all women struggle with that problem. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by vickydevoka(m): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
Acidosis:
At the end of the day, it's not about who spent more or less time dancing with the kids at age 1 or 2. Many kids were raised by house-help/maids yet these kids grow up loving their mom and dad.

They grow up with no memory of who cooked what or who took them out. I love my mom so much but I'm sure my love for her isn't about what she did for me at a tender age. Truth is that I don't know what growing up at that age was! My love for my mom is not unconnected to her relationship with my father.

So women shouldn't f00l themselves. You can love your kids because it is natural to love them but never try to show them love at the expense of your husband because of a future you don't know. These kids will grow up not giving a fvck. At most, many of them will remember who paid their school fees at University. And this is where most fathers come in and earn all the love you thought you earned by being unecessarily dramatic.

If your husband has not maltreated you in anyway, you'll be making a mistake to think that your kids can't see beyond your drama.
Very true. I think u are talking about my family. I think we respect n love my dad more. Omo him pay school fees home n abroad plus plenty spending. Mama de call everyday to get more attention n love. Lol
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Asadujames202(m): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mercychen:
They are little children. So it's natural for her to care for them more than an adult whos already old enough to take care of himself. So it's not a matter of preference.

Shiting attention to the kids most time is not always a deliberate act by the woman because if you view this from a neutral angle, you'll agree with me that, a child can not be crying either because it's feeling irritated or hungry, while the mother is there caressing the fathers head just to show she cares about him .that would be unreasonable of her. In fact, it's you the husband that will shout at her to go and tend to the baby.

The only thing I think the mothers can do to strike a balance, is by making it up to daddy (at night) when everyone has gone to bed as that is when they can have time alone together. And daddy too should learn to exercise patience till that time.

You go sabi do that thing we'll well
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by descartes400: 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
Simran94:

When this is the only thing you men see your wives for, how exactly do you want your wives to still choose you their husbands over their children?

Deny your husband the necessary attention he requires in his home and you shall have in your hands another "home" sequested away...occupied by another woman who was formerly side chick but upgraded to wife and kids arising from the swiftness
of his erection, where he's getting all the attention he needs and kids are not used as an excuse to deny him such.

NB...it's not about wives choosing their husbands over the kids...but rather wives finding or maintaining the balance.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Asadujames202(m): 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
cococandy:
It’s what happens when the man doesn’t view himself as a co-parent. Rather he adopts the position of a dependent who has also has to be cared for by the wife and then feel ignored because the wife is caring for toddlers and infants more.
If he contributes equally to parenting the children, the wife won’t have to do everything herself and consequently will have time to tend to his needs as well. That way they can care for each other and their kids.
Wives aren’t meant to be pseudo moms for grown men. That’s the fastest way to kill romantic feelings between the couple

Fact is that, 99% of naija gals are useless
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2021
Asadujames202:

You go sabi do that thing we'll well

You nkor? tongue
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
descartes400:

Deny your husband the necessary attention he requires in his home and you shall have in your hands another "home" sequested away...occupied by another woman who was formerly side chick but upgraded to wife and kids arising from the swiftness
of his erection, where he's getting all the attention he needs and kids are not used as an excuse to deny him such.
A child cannot be an excuse for a woman to deny her husband of Sex, not possible. But since SEX is all you men think about when it comes to women, that's your problem. Women will always have their children and will definitely find love somewhere else too. Gone are the days when women will be in tears when their husbands start cheating on them, they move on!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Tonypeters5050: 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
That's the African mentality.
It's not rampant among Western women.
U married ur loving husband not ur kids
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Munzy14(m): 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mariangeles:

Exactly.

When couple put the kids first, they tend to use the kids to get at each other in a subtle kind of way, instead of addressing those minor issues. And that is how things escalates.
Exactly...Parents use kids against each other....I will not entertain that..My kids will get the extra care from me, but nwunye m first.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Not all women struggle with that problem. undecided
I thought I discharged you already... Boy bye!!!!
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Asadujames202(m): 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mercychen:

You nkor? tongue

Is like you sabi me well well

I be professor when it comes to blasting pu**sies

That why my close friends jokingly calls me "Professor of Pu**sy"
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
Munzy14:

Exactly...Parents use kids against each other....I will not entertain that..My kids will get the extra care from me, but nwunye m first.
....Bros,no vex o. Are you married?

Or are you just saying all this to look good here?.
Ok. What if your wife decides to follow the norm. What will you do?
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Solofresh2: 9:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So you couldn't backup your claims with real evidence that is why you've descended instead to attacking my person. So what is new ? undecided

Abeg shift make adults continue talking o'jare! undecided
If you like believe it or not.
The only unconditional love a woman has is for her kids and not for a man
A woman will love a man because he sees something best know to in him.
If you remove that quality in that man, the woman will lose interest.
But for her kid, the love will always be there
Goodnight
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
Tonypeters5050:
That's the African mentality.
It's not rampant among Western women.
U married ur loving husband not ur kids
Because they recognize and treat it for the psychological problem that it is. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
Solofresh2:
If you like believe it or not.
The only unconditional love a woman has is for her kids and not for a man
A woman will love a man because he sees something best know to in him.
If you remove that quality in that man, the woman will lose interest.
But for her kid, the love will always be there
Goodnight
Again, there is no such thing as unconditional love between a woman and her kids or any other human. Humans are born incapable of such. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Stargurl20(f): 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2021
My children will always come first. Men love these days are so fake, but when my children love me, I'm sure it will be true and unconditional just as I love my mum.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Solofresh2: 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, there is no such thing as unconditional love between a woman and her kids or any other human. Humans are born incapable of such. undecided
Lol
Have you seen a fan love or support a football club?
Either win,lose or draw a dedicated fan will always support and find it hard to stop supporting that club even if the club keeps losing
That's a similar way the love of a mother is to her kids
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Mariangeles(f): 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
DeLaRue:
Personally, I have not found that to be the case.

My wife sometimes says she's the only woman she knows who loves her husband more than her children. She says her love for me increases everyday. I ask, why,...she says she can't explain, that I should just accept it. My in-laws call her 'Ruth.' Everybody around us knows nothing comes before her husband. By the way, my wife absolutely loves our kids. 1000%. She'll go any distance for them.

The children her the same. They absolutely love mummy and daddy.

May be I am just lucky.

Saying that, I live for my wife and children. We do a lot together. I am happiest when I am at home, so you won't find me at a party, joint, or with friends. I am proud of my wife. There is openness in everything we do. My wife is a star. A gem. An independent, progressive, yet supremely homely lady. Her joy, happiness and emotional wellbeing are my priorities. She knows it and it is perhaps unsurprising that she envelops me with such intense love , affection, and friendship.

A woman can love her children and husband equally. But don't expect her to give what she doesn't receive. Many men forget that children in their innocence requite unconditional love, and the person most likely to be the recipient of such love is the one that takes the most care of them...usually the mother. What happens when the mother receives such unconditional love from the kids, and her husband is a frumpy, uncaring, unfriendly partner. Well, it is inevitable that her love will flow towards the children. The good news for all men is that this state of affairs is not inevitable. It doesn't have to happen if you do the right things.

Munzy14, I guru edemede a?
A case study of ihe anyi n'ekwu okwu ya.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:51pm On Nov 10, 2021
AfroKnight:
cheesy cheesy grin

I didn’t know. Sorry for offering you beer.

What of pami? Chilled pami with bush meat? grin

Loool. That still has the potential of corrupting me.

I only take Bobo juice, Happy Hour, Mr. Fruit and any of those fruit drinks in portable packs. smiley smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Hilariously Inappropriate Spelling Mistakes By Kids (pics). / Can You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? / Should I Report A Cheating Husband To His Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.