Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? (33890 Views)

Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside / Woman Flees Home In Owerri With Her Children Over Husband's Bad Attitude. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Princedapace(m): 9:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
Because women never loved their husband. Women are very selfish creatures when it comes to love. Lol
They are with u for their own gain.

So, husband, get a side chick and enjoy the attention because ur wife will divert the attentions to their kids once they start coming.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by YourFavorite21(m): 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
Lol, women don't love their kids more, it's just that kids deserve more attention from her, more than a full-grown adult with beards.
This posts reminds me of the fact that my dad usually gets jealous, that I'm more closer to my mum, than him upon say I be first son
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
Solofresh2:
Lol
Have you seen a fan love or support a football club?
Either win,lose or draw a dedicated fan will always support and find it hard to stop supporting that club even if the club keeps losing
That's a similar way the love of a mother is to her kids
Here's a link you might greatly benefit from exploring [url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/stronger-the-broken-places/202101/the-myth-unconditional-love%3famp] The Myth of Unconditional love..... [/url]
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by bepositive11: 9:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Terrible choice of word. . no they can't. undecided

Just because you haven't met a woman who loves unconditionally doesn't mean that there aren't any.

You yourself, can you love a woman unconditionally? If you can't, don't bother expecting it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
bepositive11:
Just because you haven't met a woman who loves unconditionally doesn't mean that there aren't any.

You yourself, can you love a woman unconditionally? If you can't, don't bother expecting it
I have met very many who I initially thought loved unconditionally, this until upon closer examination, I stumbled on the condition. undecided

You could benefit from exploring this here article

[url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/stronger-the-broken-places/202101/the-myth-unconditional-love%3famp] The Myth of Unconditional Love...[/url]
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by bepositive11: 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
Truvelisback:
There are people who prefer their father to their mother. However, it depends on the relationship the father or mother has towards the children.

True, it depends. The reason I said most people love their mothers more is because men tend to spend less time with their children which means less bonding time
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by bepositive11: 10:07pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I have met very many who I initially thought loved unconditionally, this until upon closer examination, I stumbled on the condition. undecided

You could benefit from exploring this here article

[url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/stronger-the-broken-places/202101/the-myth-unconditional-love%3famp] The Myth of Unconditional Love...[/url]

Again, if you can't give unconditional love, don't expect it
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by BESTScientist1: 10:08pm On Nov 10, 2021
You're too much

Mercychen:
They are little children. So it's natural for her to care for them more than an adult whos already old enough to take care of himself. So it's not a matter of preference.

Shifting attention to the kids most time is not always a deliberate act by the woman because if you view this from a neutral angle, you'll agree with me that, a child can not be crying either because it's feeling irritated or hungry, while the mother is there caressing the fathers head just to show she cares about him .that would be unreasonable of her. In fact, it's you the husband that will shout at her to go and tend to the baby.

The only thing I think the mothers can do to strike a balance, is by making it up to daddy (at night) when everyone has gone to bed as that is when they can have time alone together. And daddy too should learn to exercise patience till that time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
bepositive11:
Again, if you can't give unconditional love, don't expect it
And I am saying it is not possible for humans to unconditionally love another human. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by BESTScientist1: 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
Wao... Interesting

mission08:

Prefer is not the right word I think. It's just that mothers dote on their kids. It's just natural and it is necessary for their survival especially at infant stage. And again, children in their innocence love unconditionally and merely seeing them can be a solace.

Raising kids can be demanding and most husbands that complain that their wives devout too much time to the kids and none to him is obviously not involved in parenting. It can be very draining dealing with husbands that compete or want to be treated as babies.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by TiglathPILESER: 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
ahnie:

I dunno.
In my own case the bond I share with my kids is far more solid and stronger in quantum than the one I share with my husband.

Sometimes sef,I dey even forget say I get husband.

Pls nobody should quote me oh,I have gone to buy paracetamol.
see them evil spirits... wink
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by hofeshhomes: 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Solofresh2: 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Here's a link you might greatly benefit from exploring [url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/stronger-the-broken-places/202101/the-myth-unconditional-love%3famp] The Myth of Unconditional love..... [/url]
Everyone are entitled to their opinion.The person that wrote that article is a human being too.
Maybe there is nothing like unconditional love,but what am saying is, the love a mother has for her own child is greater than the one she has for her man wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by ISelectMySins: 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
librangyps:
I trust the love my children have for me.

You have the best and most sufficient reason why mothers should love their kids over their husbands. Doff my hat, ma.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by cococandy(f): 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
kowalsky:

Talmbout equal parenting. After bros goes out to hustle as breadwinner for 'our' money. You'll stay at home with big nyansh on top sofa then wait for him to come and parent equally. No dey disguise aunty

Only in your delusional unreality

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by vince96w2(m): 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
ahnie:

I dunno.
In my own case the bond I share with my kids is far more solid and stronger in quantum than the one I share with my husband.

Sometimes sef,I dey even forget say I get husband.

Pls nobody should quote me oh,I have gone to buy paracetamol.
what's all these about care self..All what a man needs fr a woman is sex...and the woman needs it as well..if you forget say u get husband he is happy as hot chicks wey never born they wait am..with styles wey u no fit imagine bnotbto talk of doing..Don't forget to add vitamin C
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Bahamas95(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
No need to be jealous or angry because they are also my children.

Where problem go dey na if she nor give me "food" chop when I need am.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Truvelisback(m): 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
bepositive11:

True, it depends. The reason I said most people love their mothers more is because men tend to spend less time with their children which means less bonding time
Aside that,some women are very good at turning the heart of their children against their Fathers.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Acidosis(m): 10:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
Munzy14:

I swear...

My boss during NYSC made me realised couples have themselves first before their children..

He doesnt eat any food except that of his wife or his mother...His wife doesn't cook for any one else except him...

Their kids are handled by the house-helps till they grow to do their home chores.

But get the necessary love and care from him as a Dad and wife as their mom.

Having sit to gist with him several times then, opened eyes and came in agreement to the love my parents share at home.

My partner first, kids second...Otherwise we do the polygamy thing...It started from bible after all.. cheesy

grin grin No time !
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2021
Truvelisback:
Aside that,some women are very good at turning the heart of their children against their Fathers.
But earlier you called it unconditional love on the part of the woman towards her child. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Acidosis(m): 10:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
bepositive11:

If you ask a lot of people, they would tell you that they love their mother more than their father. Maybe you don't feel that way, but a lot of people do.

True. A lot of men have proven to be irresponsible over the years. Some women have also succeeded in turning the minds of their children against their fathers.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by ImaIma1(f): 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
Children take a lot of attention because they actually need it. It takes quite a lot to care for them and there's that tendency to focus a lot on them and neglect the husband.

For me, I trained my kids to sleep in their own beds right from birth. That co-sleeping with kids is a romance killer. No more cuddle-sleeping. That is the one I cannot take. So, everybody sleep in your beds abeg. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Acidosis(m): 10:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
vickydevoka:

Very true. I think u are talking about my family. I think we respect n love my dad more. Omo him pay school fees home n abroad plus plenty spending. Mama de call everyday to get more attention n love. Lol

I know right grin Just try to balance things sha. And parents should stop being unecessarily dramatic.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by AdedoyinO(f): 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
It's also because for many couples, the real marriage has ended due to issues like infidelity, domestic violence and other unpleasant situations, and Parenting is the only thing left keeping them together under the same roof.

That's when women will say in Yoruba, 'o ti kuro l'ọkọ, o ti di baba ọmọ. i.e 'he's no more husband, he's just the father of my children'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Acidosis(m): 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
Stargurl20:
My children will always come first. Men love these days are so fake, but when my children love me, I'm sure it will be true and unconditional just as I love my mum.

Your children may grow to see you as a responsible mother but nothing you buy for them can make them see you as a responsible wife, if you spend your time maltreating or relegating the position or needs of their father. You can tour the world all you want, but as soon as those kids (especially the male among them) begin to get married, you're finished.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mofun:

So, how about the bond between husband and wife? What's it classified as?

The bond is Just like the NYSC certificate, you know how tough, rough and hard the struggle was to get it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by kiddkash(m): 10:55pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mercychen:
They are little children. So it's natural for her to care for them more than an adult whos already old enough to take care of himself. So it's not a matter of preference.

Shifting attention to the kids most time is not always a deliberate act by the woman because if you view this from a neutral angle, you'll agree with me that, a child can not be crying either because it's feeling irritated or hungry, while the mother is there caressing the fathers head just to show she cares about him .that would be unreasonable of her. In fact, it's you the husband that will shout at her to go and tend to the baby.

The only thing I think the mothers can do to strike a balance, is by making it up to daddy (at night) when everyone has gone to bed as that is when they can have time alone together. And daddy too should learn to exercise patience till that time.

with all the blood wey dey flow for pesin body naim you want make pesin wait till night nawa for you oh!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Pumpumking: 10:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mercychen:

You nkor? tongue

YOU AGAIN!!!
wow..shame on u all u tink about is sexxx sexxx sexx sexxx, is that all u no? fletin around with marrryed mens on nairaland liike u have moiney & then u complain u cant find man on nairaland. these is shem full please STOP!!!!!!!!!!(no ofeinse) angry
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Adesolomon2014(m): 10:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mofun:
Hello fellow-Nairalanders!
Please is it correct to conclude that most women tend to value their children more than their own husbands (I don't mean 'baby daddies')?
If it's correct then what could be responsible?

I believe the children speaks more to their mother a lot. Speaking from experience though
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by godofuck231: 11:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
Men are hardened women are compassionate,
A mother will grant you mercy, The father will grant you justice
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Tundex911: 11:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
And this future(femail) think dem get pregnant by themselves...

Smh
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by ISelectMySins: 11:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is all psychological in nature and these problems will always be here to stay until people start to openly and more honestly broach them. It is unhealthy for a woman's identity to be wrapped around her being a mother... it is not good for the children, and definitely not the marriage either. undecided

Oga, you cannot make any meaningful distinction between a woman and her biological roles. That's like saying with proper education people would not be having sex. Sure, education may prevent indiscriminate sexual relations but you cannot separate a man from his humanity. It will never work.

A woman's love for her offspring is unlike and not even remotely close to her husband. It is just so unique and different and there's nothing you or I can do about it unless you just want to argue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Should I Report A Cheating Husband To His Wife? / Dion Osagie Writes Open Letter To Wife, Winifred After Battering Her / Can You Live In A House Built By Your Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.