Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? (27002 Views)

What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? / Dilemma: Would She Be A Problem For Me In Future ? / This Is My Problem With My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by luluosas(m): 9:41am On Nov 22, 2021
Because you started distancing yourself from them because you felt you have arrived, and they no longer matter to you again. Check yourself

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by AbuAeesha: 9:41am On Nov 22, 2021
sometimes the problem is not usually with other people
sometimes when some pple are doing good they tend to oppress and do unnecessary show off wch can trigger in envy in other pples mind
i think pple should learn to be more modest in their livelihood.
alot of pple have tremendously achieve good fortunes but their modesty kept them moving on for a long time
this is a personal observation though of life.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by TheMostComplex1: 9:42am On Nov 22, 2021
melviniyke2002:
not true,come to office's n see smtin

It worst in the offices

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by TheMostComplex1: 9:43am On Nov 22, 2021
AbuAeesha:
sometimes the problem is not usually with other people
sometimes when some pple are doing good they tend to oppress and do unnecessary show off wch can trigger in envy in other pples mind
i think pple should learn to be more modest in their livelihood.
alot of pple have tremendously achieve good fortunes but their modesty kept them moving on for a long time
this is a personal observation though of life.

You made valid points
Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2021
Lilsameey:
Go and sip cold water and sleep.
It's like you are one of the kind of those people the OP mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Genesils(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2021
And TBH, it is really hard to be happy for others in this country, considering the fact that most of us has poor upbringing and are full of community influences.

It also depends on the ones who are lucky to have get out of the poverty line, how they manage their breakthrough, new personalities and actions.

Cos some change too in terms of characters, which do make their long existing friends grow bad wishes towards them grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Loreettaa: 9:44am On Nov 22, 2021
Misery loves company.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 22, 2021
Yeah I remember supporting Google … I have had my email since they came out and then the day I wanted to promote music they said my debit card had been listed for fraud.

My crime being an independent artist and entrepreneur who avoids being owed by anyone

Nobody wants to be there for the building process but as soon as it becomes shelter they all want a peice

Team SC / Barter

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2021
Prettydevil:
What is with people and envy? Why do people want you to suffer like them before they can be free with you?

Why would a landlady pursue every single tenant who has ever lived in her house once they start buying cars, generators , ac and plasma TVs. The landlady cannot stand a tenant doing well than them because they have none of the appliances I just mentioned.

What is wrong with people? Why do people kill their friends because they are making money? Why do people have an issue with you once you start dressing rich and glowing skin?

Why is envy so strong in the hearts of people?

Once you start doing well you don't need to be asked to quit before leaving the house

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Geovanni412(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2021
posty56:
it's not humans, Nigerians are evil and wicked , I can't wait to japa abeg, imagine me wey broke then pastor they tell me say neighbor they envy me, haba!! waiting u dey envy!!! make I die

There are evil and wicked people everywhere in the world. You'll just have to figure out how to handle them. Last time I checked - Jezebel, Adolf Hitler and Chairman Mao were not Nigerians.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Mutaultope(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2021
Just like the open heaven of today

envy is evil ...

some people will never want to see you live a better life , it doesn't matter your level in life , It's already in all of us but most suppress it with the help of God .

1... some have but won't want you to be at their level of better than them

2.... some don't have and won't want you to leave that level you both are ..... just like bachelor friend won't want you to marry just for you not to leave the clique

3... some are just devilish and envy lives in them .

which one are you ?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by mmsen: 9:45am On Nov 22, 2021
Because many of those tenants owe rent.

OP is not being honest.
Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Nwachi22(f): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2021
Newyorkitis:
Because only your parents will be happy to see you excel better than them.

Not all parents.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by HenryThegreat1(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2021
Interesting topic
Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by dammywapes(m): 9:49am On Nov 22, 2021
Apart from this topic , why do people stay in a house where the landlord/landlady stays ? Can never be me.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 22, 2021
stuffs4me:
This kind of isues is more common amomg southerners particularly Yeebos.

Northerners particularly Hausas don't have hatred in them.

Idiot don dey bring tribalism enter the topic wey everybody jejely dey learn and share ideas. Idiot.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Doyou2019: 9:57am On Nov 22, 2021
karkinase:
Read the 48Laws of power u will realize humans have long been jealous of one another. It’s innate in us. In some, their degree of envy is so dominant. What you Shud be particular about is how you can siff through the fake smiles and words to detect envious beings.
Hmm 48 Laws of Power. : ONCE ENVY EATS AWAY AT SOMEONE, EVERYTHING YOU DO ONLY MAKES IT GROW, AND DAY BY DAY IT FESTERS INSIDE HIM. EVENTUALLY HE WILL ATTACK!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by CSTRR: 9:57am On Nov 22, 2021
dammywapes:
Apart from this topic , why do people stay in a house where the landlord/landlady stays ? Can never be me.
Its crazy.
Especially if she is woman or the landlord's wife.
dem get time for wahala.

She will be perambulating up and down, monitoring how you cook, eat, sleep or if you are committing fornication with that lady that just visited you.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by dalass(f): 10:00am On Nov 22, 2021
Prettydevil:
What is with people and envy? Why do people want you to suffer like them before they can be free with you?

Why would a landlady pursue every single tenant who has ever lived in her house once they start buying cars, generators , ac and plasma TVs. The landlady cannot stand a tenant doing well than them because they have none of the appliances I just mentioned.

What is wrong with people? Why do people kill their friends because they are making money? Why do people have an issue with you once you start dressing rich and glowing skin?

Good question grin

Inside life...

Male a lot of money and they have no choice than to love and accept you

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Kuriosmynd: 10:05am On Nov 22, 2021
luluosas:
Because you started distancing yourself from them because you felt you have arrived, and they no longer matter to you again. Check yourself
You are one bad Belle. Trust me.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by selfdefence: 10:06am On Nov 22, 2021
Na hating now, wetin pass that one?
Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by dammywapes(m): 10:06am On Nov 22, 2021
I have never rent a house where the owner stays but when i went to write post utme i stay with a brother that stays in this kind of house i experience all this you said but i also show the woman craze wey she dey fear me. After i become stay lite i move to my own place , sometimes i jam her for street ino dey greet her. And again i experience when a man is under the supervision of a woman it always feels like hell. My supervisor una well done wherever you are.
CSTRR:

Its crazy.
Especially if she is woman or the landlord's wife.
dem get time for wahala.

She will be perambulating up and down, monitoring how you cook, eat, sleep or if you are committing fornication with that lady that just visited you.
Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Karleb(m): 10:08am On Nov 22, 2021
Envy and jealousy.
Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Dollywood(m): 10:09am On Nov 22, 2021
Johnnyessence:
Some people allow pride to make people to hate them. God gives grace to the humble and despised the proud. So be humble always.

*the pride.
Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Dollywood(m): 10:10am On Nov 22, 2021
Newyorkitis:
Because only your parents will be happy to see you excel better than them.

Not my dad, and my step mom.
Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 22, 2021
Kuriosmynd:

You are one bad Belle. Trust me.

I thought i was the only one who observed that... That dude belle go dey black.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Caboceer: 10:11am On Nov 22, 2021
Prettydevil:
When I was looking tattered I swear everyone acted like they loved me, while saying “ndooooooo” to me every second. Once I started wearing designers and entering cab while buying bulk fast food takeaways then the hate started, every single day my landlady would have a problem with my front yard, my backyard, my rope, my chair , just with anything I do. Same woman who has never quarrel with me when I was looking like who was about to die of hunger. She couldn’t take the generator I bought so much so this woman said I should park out. I swear till I die I cannot ever believe anybody loves me again except for just my mother

Maybe she think say you dey do yahoogrin

Many people dey fear yahoo guys this days because of the plenty juju wey dem dey do

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by vickydevoka(m): 10:13am On Nov 22, 2021
luluosas:
Simple. This is de answer.
Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by juniorstar(m): 10:13am On Nov 22, 2021
Prettydevil:

It's very common among Ppl.Imagine ppl you dont talk to normally,dey start seeing you drive pass or post a picture of yourself at work they start asking is that your car..is this where you work, how much are you being paid..not because they are interested in your progress but to compare/ estimate the financial gap you have given them..its really annoying. If we no dey relate b4 alaye face front dey waka. No dey ask me how far.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by alexola20(m): 10:13am On Nov 22, 2021
Even some mothers will prefer they are the one feeding their children and grandkids alike.
They just like to be in top of everything and in command too.
They seek evil powers to achieve this on their children too.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? by Jephyard(m): 10:14am On Nov 22, 2021
Some how I feel what this op is saying is wrong. I have been on both sides of life being poor and being rich. The question everyone is not asking is why do rich people think everyone is jealous of their wealth or why did people who just made money thinks people envy them.

In Nigeria that I know everyone loves money bag, handsome/big boys, fine/big girls and so on. No one love the poor. So where does this notion come that the poor hate you for making money in short if you are among them you are seen as their helper.

This is what I notice about people who just made money, Arrogance. You no longer hangout with your old pal, u no long listen to their opinion, you become disprectful, you think your opinion count only and so many. I have been there and become a better person. So stop the notion that people envy u when u made money. It you who got the problem not the other person.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The Craziest Thing Your Kid Or Baby Relation Has Done? / Pastor Says I Should Marry An Ifa Worshipper, Now I Am Regretting —wife / I Find It Hard Expressing Myself And It Is Killing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.