Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? (27690 Views)

My Husband Hasn't Touched Me For More Than A Year / I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / Woman Gives Birth To A Dead Baby, Shares His Photos Online To Grieve (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by adebayo3449(m): 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2021
Comanche:
My mum cry . I was the one with her when she breathed her last in the midnight and I had to stay with her because it was too late for any other family to journey down to us.

And I wasn't scared which was quite surprising for someone like me that grew up scared of shadows and imaginary ghosts up till my adulthood.

When i was younger i wouldn't go in to sleep and would rather doze sitting up till everyone was done gisting on the verandah late in the night and when I was older I wouldn't sleep with the lights off.

What always amazed me about that night was that she was still warm when I suddenly woke up from a sudden waft of cold but she had already passed on. But by day she was already cold, stiff and heavy.

I even had to quickly cut and sew the white clothes she was buried in myself, help wash her and clothe her for the jannazah. I kept wondering if that was the same person i knew all my life lieing so cold and immobile. Till today I can't stand the smell of lux soap because she was bathed with it and a sick sweetly smell permeated the air during and after. I wasn't even if the smell was from the lux, from the dead body or just a mixture of the two.
They use to put fragrance
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Etizz: 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
That was my late sister,back in 2013......She was lying down in her room lifelessly....And no one was around...The worst part was that where she was living was a very remote area where there weren't neighbours........ The minute I arrived,all of a sudden,na once rain begin fall cheesy. You can imagine that kind of scary scenario cheesy. But I wasn't really scared tho, because she was my closest sister,whom I had always confided in angry. If I no fit see her run when she was sick and alive,why then should I be be scared and run away from her corpse...........

So I used her cloth to cover her corpse,and waited till the rain stopped......Then I ran back home to inform my dad and other siblings sad

I no dey forget that day..

So sad....
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Nonexisting: 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
htdot:
My father.. i bath his death body... No one wanted to bath him, so i did it my self as a sign of last respect.
What's the need? Can you explain why they bath dead body when they will still end up dirty in the mud.

3 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Slimwhyt(m): 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
January 28,2021
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Vince77(m): 5:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
November 4th 2019. My brother died in my arms. Was with his body at the back seat for over 2hrs waiting for doctor to confirm him dead while my other brother went looking for a befitting mortuary for him. Took pictures and kissed him on the forehead while i was alone with him.

Since then all fears about dead bodies vanished from me.

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
Equity15:
hmmmmm.na wa oh...my uncle was also asked to marry his dead fiancée

His fiancee was from delta abi
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
Realhommie:
Wowwwww.. How did your parents take it and how were you able to get over it seeing that you were still very young and the expulsion too?

Mehn! After the expulsion, I vanished. Mum was heartbroken till death do her apart. Worst of it, I got admission 4years after the incidence into university, Sh1t happened and I was expelled again.

I'm writing a memo hoping to someday print it for my unborn child.

Nairalanders don't value truelife story, that's people like us come here to read comments and laff and add to comments when absolutely necessary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
Exkandayee:

Bro this one shock me,omo you don see thinyoooh, mine was 2017 when my dad died in my arms

Life is a b1t h
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
samuel051:
tell us it's a joke..

What's ur own na?
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by samuel051: 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

What's ur own na?
oga curiosity makes someone to ask questions when they hear,read or see something unusual..my quote was as a result of hearing something unusual,don't take it too serious..have a lovely day ahead..

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Drunkard1: 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
suffering:
Random fact; at least 40% of deaths in Nigerian hospitals are preventable. Many coma cases are immediately registered as dead on arrival, easy to patch gunshot wounds bleed out completely and some locations do not have the facilities needed for specific surgery operations. Let’s not enter the many preventable deaths during childbirths, that’s a story for another day.
naija hospital is a death sentence when u have critical condition. Naija doctor cant even operate on someone for 12hrs. Highest 2hr if the family is wealthy.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Nmezor(f): 6:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
I have never touched one. Stood close to my dad in his casket though
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Nmezor(f): 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
Juleedear:
My dad,it happened in 2012. He died right in my arms. May his soul RIP.
Amen
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Realhommie(m): 6:46pm On Nov 14, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

Mehn! After the expulsion, I vanished. Mum was heartbroken till death do her apart. Worst of it, I got admission 4years after the incidence into university, Sh1t happened and I was expelled again.

I'm writing a memo hoping to someday print it for my unborn child.

Nairalanders don't value truelife story, that's people like us come here to read comments and laff and add to comments when absolutely necessary.
Hmmmmmm.. It is well with you.

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
Realhommie:
Hmmmmmm.. It is well with you.

Amen. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
samuel051:
oga curiosity makes someone to ask questions when they hear,read or see something unusual..my quote was as a result of hearing something unusual,don't take it too serious..have a lovely day ahead..

I'm sorry. I mistook ur gesture for a caricature.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by khairate(f): 7:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
I lost my mum on 20th August 2021, after a brief illness. I'm her first child and closest person to her. She died right in my arms, on her hospital bed. I saw her breathe her last and I just know from that moment that death isn't Faraway, and we should appreciate and thank God for the free oxygen we breathe. That was my very first encounter with death and a dead body! It was on a Friday morning at about 12:30am. I can't even explain how I became so courageous, is my responsibility after all! Everyone has mind, is just life that hasn't happened to some of us!
Regardless of the pain and unquantifiable vacuum I could forsee in my life and that of my siblings, I felt this surreal sense of comfort. She was such a pious Muslim who would never miss her tahajjud!
Kind, generous and God-fearing.
May Allah forgive our dead relatives their shortcomings and grant us a good end. Ameen

5 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Chiden(f): 7:33pm On Nov 14, 2021
Chiden:
I didn't touch him tho.. I just stood by his lifeless body at the Mortuary. I was sick for over 7 days after that experience cry

The way this comment is getting likes eh.. I'm jealous cry
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Cuteimma1(m): 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
RIP to the dead...

I hope you won't start feeling scared while you are all alone

Nilx:
Well for me, it’s just few minute ago. I was shit scared when they told me to go help them carry him so we can take him in a car to hospital.

I had to wait for my dad before I entered the house. Midway to the car, he lost his life. I was fucking scared..... I’m back alone at home while my mom and dad are still at the neighbor house.....
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Equity15(m): 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

His fiancee was from delta abi
ogoja or Bendel can't remember. It's been a long time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by samuel051: 8:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

I'm sorry. I mistook ur gesture for a caricature.
welcome boss,we good cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by KingMack(m): 8:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
Oizee:
eyya, I'm so sorry

Likewise dear..I miss her xo much sad! Happy Sunday
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by nnamdi640: 9:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
My mum body was the first time to touch a dead body. This is what I can't erase on my head. That day is the worst day of my life. Just for me to go and buy what she love most on getting home I received the worst news of my life.

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Emmyxclusive: 10:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
My grandpa, back in 1996,we were asked to touch him so that we won't be scard.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by ikemesit4477: 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
inderhappy:
On the same bed we slept together but he never really wake up again that's how i loss my kid bro..... quite painful.
nawa o, these is serious! Life is a mistery!
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by ikemesit4477: 10:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Missyajoke:

Nothing ohh but you indirectly disclosed your age on the social media
so what happened! Is it a crime!

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Moredays78(m): 11:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
That was my late sister,back in 2013......She was lying down in her room lifelessly....And no one was around...The worst part was that where she was living was a very remote area where there weren't neighbours........ The minute I arrived,all of a sudden,na once rain begin fall cheesy. You can imagine that kind of scary scenario cheesy. But I wasn't really scared tho, because she was my closest sister,whom I had always confided in angry. If I no fit see her run when she was sick and alive,why then should I be be scared and run away from her corpse...........

So I used her cloth to cover her corpse,and waited till the rain stopped......Then I ran back home to inform my dad and other siblings sad

I no dey forget that day..
Eyaaaa so sorry bro
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Permesso: 12:02am On Nov 15, 2021
I never touched a dead person before, but why are people so scared of touching their dead love one's as if they're evil or bad luck. The dead is dead and can't harm anyone. We all will die someday too.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by LongEraser: 12:33am On Nov 15, 2021
Favfables1:

Weldon cheif...
Well...
I can't say for all cadever labs...
Buh ...
The ones we have in our labs are from...

1. Suspects shot by police and no one comes to claim their bodies after a very long time.
2. Accident victims that no one has come to claim their bodies after a very long time
3. Family members who donate the bodies of their people and leave them there ((probably because the dead folk committed an offense and no one is willing to identify with them for fear of incurring curses or something... Na their tradition Sha)).

But...
I was told by one of the attendant that if a persons body stay in the morgue for about 5 years or more and they try to reach out to the family ((or to the person who deposited the body)) and all means to do so fail, they can use the body for practicals... I don't know if there's any legal backing o...but na wetin them tell us for year 2

Wow... Thanks for this. I'm grateful.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by LongEraser: 12:35am On Nov 15, 2021
ceematics:

They use bodies of Cultists,Criminals and abandoned corpses.

Wahala for who be criminal oo grin

Thanks, chief.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Do I Take Custody Of My Beloved Son? / Kaduna Pensioner Burns Down His House To Prevent Estranged Wife From Returning / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.