Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,913 members, 7,814,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? (27704 Views)

My Husband Hasn't Touched Me For More Than A Year / I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / Woman Gives Birth To A Dead Baby, Shares His Photos Online To Grieve (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by coolxpaul(m): 11:05am On Nov 14, 2021
Favfables1:
Touching dead body is my hubby grin
When you don dey cadever lab ((place they keep dead bodies for practicals)), 2hours 3times per week...all this feeling of fear, will pass
Omo, the reading we medical students use at the Preclinical level is close to the Anatomy mortuary. 2am, guys dey walk around mortuary to go fetch water drink. Wednesday-Friday, we dey follow cadaver run am. Mehn, it's no big deal anymore

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 14, 2021
cheesy grin grin
As in eh...
Me na caderver mango dey sweet pass for my belly o....the water they use for caderver is not so clean

coolxpaul:

Omo, the reading we medical students use at the Preclinical level is close to the Anatomy mortuary. 2am, guys dey walk around mortuary to go fetch water drink. Wednesday-Friday, we dey follow cadaver run am. Mehn, it's no big deal anymore
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Oizee(f): 11:09am On Nov 14, 2021
LongEraser:

It must have been painful for you.
Sorry for your loss.
thanks so much, I appreciate
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by ShawnT(m): 11:09am On Nov 14, 2021
Brother,so far you're innocent, God up there won't allow you to be implicated.
kingreign:

Sir, you are a uniform personnel and that's why they respected you. Alot of stories are abound where the good Samaritan becomes roped into or implicated in a crime or an accident situation just because they stopped to help.

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by nnol(m): 11:10am On Nov 14, 2021
silibaba:
you you weren't sure she was dead, you could have commanded her to get up.

Am not joking.

Whatever your heart conceived and believe can be achieved.
owk bye.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Drchindo: 11:20am On Nov 14, 2021
Doctors embarassed tongue
Wetin una want make we do
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Drchindo: 11:22am On Nov 14, 2021
coolxpaul:

Lol
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by ogtavia(m): 11:23am On Nov 14, 2021
Comanche:
My mum cry . I was the one with her when she breathed her last in the midnight and I had to stay with her because it was too late for any other family to journey down to us.

And I wasn't scared which was quite surprising for someone like me that grew up scared of shadows and imaginary ghosts up till my adulthood.

When i was younger i wouldn't go in to sleep and would rather doze sitting up till everyone was done gisting on the verandah late in the night and when I was older I wouldn't sleep with the lights off.

What always amazed me about that night was that she was still warm when I suddenly woke up from a sudden waft of cold but she had already passed on. But by day she was already cold, stiff and heavy.

I even had to quickly cut and sew the white clothes she was buried in myself, help wash her and clothe her for the jannazah. I kept wondering if that was the same person i knew all my life lieing so cold and immobile. Till today I can't stand the smell of lux soap because she was bathed with it and a sick sweetly smell permeated the air during and after. I wasn't even if the smell was from the lux, from the dead body or just a mixture of the two.
The human body is still active for about 8 - 10 minutes after death which is why she felt warm. The last sensory organ that dies is the hearing. Scientists and most people who have had Near death experiences have confirmed it. If you spoke within that 8 - 10mins window, she would hear you. May her soul continue to rest in peace.

3 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Drchindo: 11:26am On Nov 14, 2021
Broveens42:
I don't know how strange this may sound but I thought I was strong, having been through preclinicals, Until my dad died. I witnessed an unusual fright and tension entering the mortuary.

The fright disappeared after NYSC when I went to the mortuary for a friend's mum
Same thing happen to me I refuse to see my dad copse due to this strange fright nd fear
The next day after the burial I was in cadaver lab dissecting happily

3 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 11:31am On Nov 14, 2021
Never did... Never will... Amen
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Nwaotu10(m): 11:36am On Nov 14, 2021
Everyday!
I'm dead, and I touch myself always!
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Supa6ix(m): 11:36am On Nov 14, 2021
12th April 2016
My late lovely DAD�
may his soul keep resting in peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pedrokush: 11:38am On Nov 14, 2021
I lost my immediate younger sister a week ago embarassed,well,I could even look at her body despite of touching her

3 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Jastho(m): 11:40am On Nov 14, 2021
My Grandma
My hands kept smelling like what was used for the embalment despite several washing, but thanks to fufu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:40am On Nov 14, 2021
I have seen many dead people but I don't touch them
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by coolxpaul(m): 11:41am On Nov 14, 2021
Nwaotu10:
Everyday!
I'm dead, and I touch myself always!

Nice one
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Bashnigga(m): 11:41am On Nov 14, 2021
No
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by 08064978510(m): 11:44am On Nov 14, 2021
Feb 2021 lost my mom, held her hand so tight while crying like a little lad, a part of me was gone forever, still trying to heal from the big hole in my heart, may her soul continue rest in peace (Amen)

6 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by realstars: 11:44am On Nov 14, 2021
Nilx:
Well for me, it’s just few minute ago. I was shit scared when they told me to go help them carry him so we can take him in a car to hospital.

I had to wait for my dad before I entered the house. Midway to the car, he lost his life. I was fucking scared..... I’m back alone at home while my mom and dad are still at the neighbor house.....
My Sweet And Only Mam 29 years ago, i was told to gn and see her at my grandma place were she was taken care of, i sat with her fore more than 30 munit, thinking that she was sleeping,,
it was later on that i realised thad she has gon. that was when i rush to put my ear to her chest to here her hartbeat, and started shakeing her to wake up. after that, i have turch and carry uncountable dead body.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by GreyBlood: 11:45am On Nov 14, 2021
Drchindo:
Doctors embarassed tongue
Wetin una want make we do
after withnessing so many deaths, there're some that have lasting sad memories in you.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Realhommie(m): 11:59am On Nov 14, 2021
Albert0011:
I remember the day my very good friend died in a bike accident cry Opone Maximilian.
May you continue to rest in peace.
I can vividly remember that day,few days to 2018 FIFA world cup,when we received the sad news.
I have to rush down to the hospital to confirm my self..behold i saw my very good friend laying motionless as if he was in a deep sleep cry.
He has been confirmed dead already by the Doctor,no one one was willing to carry him down to the mortuary probably because they are afraid of dead bodies or what.
It was only me and one good Samaritan and the ambulance guy that carried his dead body to the mortuary.
That was the first day I stepped my foot inside mortuary.. Mehn u have to be brave and man enough to handle the situation there. cry
Dead bodies littering everywhere..truly this life is vanity upon vanity.
Everything is vanity bro but sadly only a few know this...

Sometimes i ask myself what's the need for all this stress even when everything ends here?

The song Patience by Nas & Damian Marley comes to mind. Nas in his verse posited "Why are we born in the first place if this is how we're gonna go"... We're all struggling to die, Lol.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Realhommie(m): 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2021
chukwugoziegi:
My mother, her fingers were so cold and it looked like she was in a deep, peaceful sleep.

Before her, I used to be AFRAID of dead bodies, after her, I became a pro. Na me dey follow people go Mortuary these days go carry body. Nothing to be afraid of anymore. I even offer to wash them sometimes.
Your closing statement is funny, Lol. But truly there's really nothing to be afraid of, nothing dey this life.

3 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by anochuko01(m): 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
Comanche:
My mum cry . I was the one with her when she breathed her last in the midnight and I had to stay with her because it was too late for any other family to journey down to us.

And I wasn't scared which was quite surprising for someone like me that grew up scared of shadows and imaginary ghosts up till my adulthood.

When i was younger i wouldn't go in to sleep and would rather doze sitting up till everyone was done gisting on the verandah late in the night and when I was older I wouldn't sleep with the lights off.

What always amazed me about that night was that she was still warm when I suddenly woke up from a sudden waft of cold but she had already passed on. But by day she was already cold, stiff and heavy.

I even had to quickly cut and sew the white clothes she was buried in myself, help wash her and clothe her for the jannazah. I kept wondering if that was the same person i knew all my life lieing so cold and immobile. Till today I can't stand the smell of lux soap because she was bathed with it and a sick sweetly smell permeated the air during and after. I wasn't even if the smell was from the lux, from the dead body or just a mixture of the two.

This your story of lux soap happened to me.
But it was a perfume that was used on a neighbor when she died... It's over 10 years and I still call that perf with that woman's name.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Realhommie(m): 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
eby001:
This is wierd, while readingtgis unusual topic, I was called to be informed we've lost a close friend of the family.
Talk about the mysteries of life... Unfathomable, innit?

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pallaz(m): 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2021
I'm 27years now,,, but I never see dead body in my eyes not talking of touching it

4 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Albert0011(m): 12:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
Realhommie:
Everything is vanity bro but sadly only a few know this...

Sometimes i ask myself what's the need for all this stress even when everything ends here?

The song Patience by Nas & Damian Marley comes to mind. Nas in his verse posited "Why are we born in the first place if this is how we're gonna go"... We're all struggling to die, Lol.
U re on point bro.
I started reasoning and viewing life from a different angle immediately that i left the mortuary.
All the struggles and hustling in this life doesn't even worth it at times

4 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Arieljay(f): 12:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
1Alex:
If you have ever lost someone, it won't be scary to you anymore. When you enter a mortuary especially the one in a government hospital, you will know how far.

Very true,I see death as nothing since my beloved sister bowed out of this sinful world on 21/3/21,what gives me hope is that I will surely reunite with her again,my only fear is not meeting up to God's expectations of me

7 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Realhommie(m): 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
Twas in 2002 when my girlfriend died in my room.
She took plenty drugs because she missed her monthly network. She started bleeding uncontrollably around 01:29am, I couldn't seek for help because the whole will put me in trouble. She was the social prefect and we were classmates.
Before I could say a word, she collapsed and died. I was confused first.

I thought of dumping her dead body and escape but her friend knew about her coming to my house.
The next day, it was blown up. My proprietor nearly butcher me.
Las las I was expelled from the skool, and worst of it, I was forced to marry the dead girl and also compelled to lay by her side for 24hours. Delta people... hmmm una badt gan!

The whole scenerio was fun, sort of.

So, mine was in 2002 in my SS1
Wowwwww.. How did your parents take it and how were you able to get over it seeing that you were still very young and the expulsion too?

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Realhommie(m): 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Albert0011:

U re on point bro.
I started reasoning and viewing life from a different angle immediately that i left the mortuary.
All the struggles and hustling in this life doesn't even worth it at times
Sad but true.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by KingMack(m): 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Oizee:
Years ago when I lost my Mum....

Likewise..her body was so warm
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Realhommie(m): 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
ceematics:
Please I would like to work in a mortuary who has connection in owerri I'm desperately in need of that Job.

By this time 14th November 2111 everyone on this forum will be dead whether you like it or not.
2111 Is 90 years away. If the world hasn't ended by then i promise you there are people here on this forum who would still be alive.

Some people can live long, i mean all the factors and forces will just work in their favor. A 30 year old now could live for 120 years and i hope you know there are teenagers on this forum too? Plenty of them.

6 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pinkyposh(f): 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
bunnae:

This is not right Sha. Just saying. It's good to have empathy.
Yea, I know... I wasn't like this before, it's just due to the trauma I had then... But I'm doing better gradually

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kaduna Pensioner Burns Down His House To Prevent Estranged Wife From Returning / My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent / Boy Who Ran Away From Home In Abakiliki To Aba For Survival Suffering (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.