Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? (27699 Views)

My Husband Hasn't Touched Me For More Than A Year / I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / Woman Gives Birth To A Dead Baby, Shares His Photos Online To Grieve (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by BarrElChapo(m): 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Drunkard1:
Me and my kid bro wen we were living with my grandma in the village due to my parents steady fighing issue. We where playing in the bush wen we went to fetch firewood. He was bitten by a snake a puff adder. I was 11 and he was like 6years at that time. I remember him telling me he was bitten by a scorpion and i told him it was a chookoo chookoo he step on. We where playing but his mood and body changed he became instant quiet. I thought he doesnt want to play the fact he did not cry still shocked me till this day i would have known something terrible happend to him. I was still playing he lie down one place sweating i still ignore him playing around did not know he was dying. Wen i saw a big firewood i told him to bring cutlass let me cut it. He did not answer why lying down. I had to shout but he still did not anwer.i had to get close i notice his leg was swolen and kind of dark. I knew something was wrong instead of me to carry him and go home for help i left him there ran home nobody was there went to my neibor dey followed me. Wen we got there he was dead. I had to touch him to know if he was alright. He quickly carried my broda and ran out of the bush told me to come with him. Then i saw the monster snake that bit my brother in a dry grass staring at me. I couldnt do anything cos i though it was a scorpoin or a chooko chooko was just confuse. Had to run after the man. He took him to a herbalist and dey told us it was a snake. I did not cry was thinking he would wake up that was the last i saw him. The neibor took him to his place and ask me to stay outside he would wake up. I was just lost in the world my only bro i play with forgeting our family issue. Wen my grandma came home. I heard her shouting crying. I knew is over. Since den i am not close to my other siblings i feel playing with them would result to bad thing and i was so careless not to help my brother.. And till this day i hate my parents and myself the more. He was the only true love i have cos we where both close. Very generous. Wis i have to turn back the time. I would have kill that moster if i heard know it was it that bite my brother. Dead to all snake and to all parents ruining there children future cos u cant keep shit together by simple understanding.

Too bad.. so sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself too much, you were young and couldn't have known and also be grateful for your life that snake could've bitten you too.

What you should do is not let his memory fade, you could name a child, foundation, scholarship or research grant after him if you have the means. All the best.

12 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Chibudollar: 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
Missyajoke:

Nothing ohh but you indirectly disclosed your age on the social media
and so freaking what, are you normal like this
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Juleedear(f): 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
My dad,it happened in 2012. He died right in my arms. May his soul RIP.

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by BarrElChapo(m): 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
pwettyme:
1.My baby girl shortly after birth.
Such a crazyy feeling...I was only wishing I could breath in life into her.

2.On the 29th of October 2021 my mum was laid to rest. I couldn't touch or feel her because her casket was embodied in glass....I really wish I did. Such a vibrant and powerful woman with high educational qualification...was lust laying down cold.
Life is cruel.

Sorry for your losses. May they rest in Peace

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Bestbillion(f): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
About 2years ago when I lost my mum. I hugged her for some mins after she passed on.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by bunnae(f): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
Pinkyposh:

Yea, I know... I wasn't like this before, it's just due to the trauma I had then... But I'm doing better gradually
Sorry about that. Everything would be fine with time. Losing a loved one has never been easy on anyone.

...Sending you loads of hugs. Happy Sunday! smiley

3 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Drunkard1: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2021
BarrElChapo:

Too bad.. so sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself too much, you were young and couldn't have known and also be grateful for your life that snake could've bitten you too.

What you should do is not let his memory fade, you could name a child, foundation, scholarship or research grant after him if you have the means. All the best.
thanks.

4 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by fayomim: 3:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
1Alex:
If you have ever lost someone, it won't be scary to you anymore. When you enter a mortuary especially the one in a government hospital, you will know how far.

You speak the truth...Dead bodies in general Hospital get as e be

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Honeysweetest(f): 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
Foodqueen:
My mom- I only touched her hand. Till today I still regret not hugging her and placing a forever long kiss on her forehead cry
awwwww, I kissed mine on the forehead,my mother,my confidant. But don't worry,you will meet yours on resurrection morning.

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Honeysweetest(f): 3:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
fasho01:
4 years ago when I lost the most important person to me then, my mother. I still remember that last touch till today and nothing breaks my heart more than that
I feel you

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 14, 2021
Few months ago when i blew some guy brains out and touched the body to make sure he was really dead. He was being an idiat!
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Memberclub(m): 3:37pm On Nov 14, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
That was my late sister,back in 2013......She was lying down in her room lifelessly....And no one was around...The worst part was that where she was living was a very remote area where there weren't neighbours........ The minute I arrived,all of a sudden,na once rain begin fall cheesy. You can imagine that kind of scary scenario cheesy. But I wasn't really scared tho, because she was my closest sister,whom I had always confided in angry. If I no fit see her run when she was sick and alive,why then should I be be scared and run away from her corpse...........

So I used her cloth to cover her corpse,and waited till the rain stopped......Then I ran back home to inform my dad and other siblings sad

I no dey forget that day..
Damn bro. what happened to her

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Honeysweetest(f): 3:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
Pinkyposh:

It's even bad for me, cos as a health personnel, I don't show sympathy to relatives of a dead patient... I just walk away or even be gisting to a colleague right in their presence... I'm that cold, I feel nothing anymore
it is so for many till they loose their love ones. So till then sir

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Honeysweetest(f): 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hathor5:
I hate seeing this thread. Brings back terrible memories.
I just shed fresh tears, this brought back memories

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Kennedy97: 3:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
1Alex:
If you have ever lost someone, it won't be scary to you anymore. When you enter a mortuary especially the one in a government hospital, you will know how far.

Bros you go surely know how far

When you see black corpses of different sizes

Morgue no where them dey go excursion

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Polynek(m): 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2021
2018 during my Dad's burial.
I adjusted His face wen people were about to come in and watch Him for the last time.
It was emotional tho cry

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by worldclass68(m): 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2021
I have never....
Didn't have the opportunity to touch my dad when he passed away ....
And I have see just few dead bodies too..very few..maybe all together up to 4 or 5 sha

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by micolaj: 4:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
GGirll:
I touched a dead body for the first time in 2009 when my classmate's mum died 20 minutes after morning prayers. It was very touchy as her dad tried to rush her to d hospital n later I was called to bring her dad's n her phones to d hospital, as I was approaching d place I saw her barefooted crying n told me she had died,a woman I spoke with last night n held her hand in prayers that morning I was shocked as I raced to d scene n held her hand and she was still warm n I kept shouting n telling d medics that she should be shocked as she's still warm n later they told me to leave her that they want to embalm n prepare her for mortuary.

Secondly, I entered d mortuary for d first time when my hubby had a fatal accident n was in igbobi,I prayed so much that particular night n had to enter d mortuary to order d corpses there that he wasn't joining them as I was led to do by d spirit. Till today couldn't believe I pulled that as naturally I wouldn't if not that the spirit of God overshadowed me.

Hallelujah

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by nyzeo(m): 4:13pm On Nov 14, 2021
2017 when I lost my father... And then 2019 my mother followed..

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by khreus(m): 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Comanche:
My mum cry . I was the one with her when she breathed her last in the midnight and I had to stay with her because it was too late for any other family to journey down to us.

And I wasn't scared which was quite surprising for someone like me that grew up scared of shadows and imaginary ghosts up till my adulthood.

When i was younger i wouldn't go in to sleep and would rather doze sitting up till everyone was done gisting on the verandah late in the night and when I was older I wouldn't sleep with the lights off.

What always amazed me about that night was that she was still warm when I suddenly woke up from a sudden waft of cold but she had already passed on. But by day she was already cold, stiff and heavy.

I even had to quickly cut and sew the white clothes she was buried in myself, help wash her and clothe her for the jannazah. I kept wondering if that was the same person i knew all my life lieing so cold and immobile. Till today I can't stand the smell of lux soap because she was bathed with it and a sick sweetly smell permeated the air during and after. I wasn't even if the smell was from the lux, from the dead body or just a mixture of the two.
You missed her a lot don’t you?
I just hope heaven/hell is real so we get to see the people we used to love again. Imagine how vainly it will be if after death there’s nothing.

3 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by HajiaNotu: 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
I have NEVER and will NEVER undecided
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pinkyposh(f): 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
Honeysweetest:
it is so for many till they loose their love ones. So till then sir
Did you read my previous message to the person I quoted or you just decided to quote me.
You didn't read I lost my dad n that was why I started acting that way...learn to read before jumping into conclusion
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pinkyposh(f): 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
bunnae:

Sorry about that. Everything would be fine with time. Losing a loved one has never been easy on anyone.

...Sending you loads of hugs. Happy Sunday! smiley
Thanks dearie, I wish you same too
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by 1Sharon(f): 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
If you know about last offices then...
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by tunmoj(m): 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
My Mum: 11th October, 1993. Died in my arms.
My Dad: 26th March, 2017. Died in my arms.
Felt they both wanted me around as they left.
I detest a particular perfume used on my mum's body at the morgue till today.
Rest in peace Dad and Mum.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Equity15(m): 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
Twas in 2002 when my girlfriend died in my room.
She took plenty drugs because she missed her monthly network. She started bleeding uncontrollably around 01:29am, I couldn't seek for help because the whole will put me in trouble. She was the social prefect and we were classmates.
Before I could say a word, she collapsed and died. I was confused first.

I thought of dumping her dead body and escape but her friend knew about her coming to my house.
The next day, it was blown up. My proprietor nearly butcher me.
Las las I was expelled from the skool, and worst of it, I was forced to marry the dead girl and also compelled to lay by her side for 24hours. Delta people... hmmm una badt gan!

The whole scenerio was fun, sort of.

So, mine was in 2002 in my SS1
hmmmmm.na wa oh...my uncle was also asked to marry his dead fiancée

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by musty2245: 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
Foodqueen:
My mom- I only touched her hand. Till today I still regret not hugging her and placing a forever long kiss on her forehead cry
May her soul RIP
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Honeysweetest(f): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
khreus:

You missed her a lot don’t you?
I just hope heaven/hell is real so we get to see the people we used to love again. Imagine how vainly it will be if after death there’s nothing.
oh, they are real,for Christian's,we will meet them again,this is my hope.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Damseldammie(f): 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
September 24, 2010 & it was my loving and ever caring dad ... hmmm
Rest on daddy
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by nurain150(m): 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nilx:
Well for me, it’s just few minute ago. I was shit scared when they told me to go help them carry him so we can take him in a car to hospital.

I had to wait for my dad before I entered the house. Midway to the car, he lost his life. I was fucking scared..... I’m back alone at home while my mom and dad are still at the neighbor house.....

like almost every week.

My grandpa too

anatomy
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Oizee(f): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
Oziahete:
may her soul continue to rest in peace.
Ameen, thanks so much
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Oizee(f): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
pgmind:
Sorry my bro...I feel the pain you are going through, it is not easy to loose mum.
thanks so much

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife / How Do I Take Custody Of My Beloved Son?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.