Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? (27702 Views)

My Husband Hasn't Touched Me For More Than A Year / I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / Woman Gives Birth To A Dead Baby, Shares His Photos Online To Grieve (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by TempUser: 8:02am On Nov 14, 2021
It's been long. Touched so many dead people already, but none feels as powerful as touching my cold dad in coffin. cry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Nackzy: 8:02am On Nov 14, 2021
I have touched plenty
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Elsueno: 8:03am On Nov 14, 2021
Never touched one...but seen enough dead bodies & body parts to figure out the soul is what's important....as one guy said in lost "The body is just a meat suit once the soul is gone"

4 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Benitoh: 8:03am On Nov 14, 2021
I'm in the church

When father finish the Mass, I'll comment

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Albert0011(m): 8:03am On Nov 14, 2021
I remember the day my very good friend died in a bike accident cry Opone Maximilian.
May you continue to rest in peace.
I can vividly remember that day,few days to 2018 FIFA world cup,when we received the sad news.
I have to rush down to the hospital to confirm my self..behold i saw my very good friend laying motionless as if he was in a deep sleep cry.
He has been confirmed dead already by the Doctor,no one one was willing to carry him down to the mortuary probably because they are afraid of dead bodies or what.
It was only me and one good Samaritan and the ambulance guy that carried his dead body to the mortuary.
That was the first day I stepped my foot inside mortuary.. Mehn u have to be brave and man enough to handle the situation there. cry
Dead bodies littering everywhere..truly this life is vanity upon vanity.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by goodheart01: 8:03am On Nov 14, 2021
2007 during my first time with a cadaver as a med student.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by JoffreyBeroth(m): 8:03am On Nov 14, 2021
Conwarden:

RIP to the dead.
Sorry OP

Meanwhile. . .

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . including paternity fraudsters!

Dem scam your papa? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by isaiah4life(m): 8:03am On Nov 14, 2021
When my dad died on my hands. A day I will never forget. His spot is still left unfilled till today. Ooh, Death!

13 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by mrkings84(m): 8:04am On Nov 14, 2021
Na wa, where una dey from bring all these weird topics??

I dey touch dead body, I be mortuary attendant??

8 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by chloride6: 8:04am On Nov 14, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
That was my late sister,back in 2013......She was lying down in her room lifelessly....And no one was around...The worst part was that where she was living was a very remote area where there weren't neighbours........ The minute I arrived,all of a sudden,na once rain begin fall cheesy. You can imagine that kind of scary scenario cheesy. But I wasn't really scared tho, because she was my closest sister,whom I had always confided in angry. If I no fit see her run when she was sick and alive,why then should I be be scared and run away from her corpse...........

So I used her cloth to cover her corpse,and waited till the rain stopped......Then I ran back home to inform my dad and other siblings sad

I no dey forget that day..

Damm...

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 14, 2021
My parents after they died due to excessive inhaling of carbon monoxide that burnt our family house. Skin felt stiff as an empty shell.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Anieke77(m): 8:06am On Nov 14, 2021
Oizee:
Years ago when I lost my Mum....
may her soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by rali123(f): 8:07am On Nov 14, 2021
Dead person keee, never, I am sure I will faint 50times, I dont have such mind cry undecided

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by makavelli47(m): 8:07am On Nov 14, 2021
Yea, 2019 when I lost my dad
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by johnrash(m): 8:08am On Nov 14, 2021
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pinkyposh(f): 8:08am On Nov 14, 2021
1Alex:
If you have ever lost someone, it won't be scary to you anymore. When you enter a mortuary especially the one in a government hospital, you will know how far.
Exactly that feeling you have "that anyone who wants to die can die". May God forgive me, I felt so after I lost my dad. But now I don't have such thoughts any more
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by rali123(f): 8:09am On Nov 14, 2021
Favfables1:
Touching dead body is my hubby grin
When you don dey cadever lab ((place they keep dead bodies for practicals)), 2hours 3times per week...all this feeling of fear, will pass

Haaaa, you dont mean it...
Make or Female?
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by makavelli47(m): 8:09am On Nov 14, 2021
Pinkyposh:

Exactly that feeling you have "that anyone who wants to die can die". May God forgive me, I felt so after I lost my dad. But now I don't have such thoughts any more

This is me these days. Anyone who dies, dies.
No biggie

4 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pinkyposh(f): 8:09am On Nov 14, 2021
3ple8:
My parents after they died due to excessive inhaling of carbon monoxide that burnt our family house. Skin felt stiff as an empty shell.

So sorry for your losses.May God comfort you

5 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by smd837(m): 8:09am On Nov 14, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
That was my late sister,back in 2013......She was lying down in her room lifelessly....And no one was around...The worst part was that where she was living was a very remote area where there weren't neighbours........ The minute I arrived,all of a sudden,na once rain begin fall cheesy. You can imagine that kind of scary scenario cheesy. But I wasn't really scared tho, because she was my closest sister,whom I had always confided in angry. If I no fit see her run when she was sick and alive,why then should I be be scared and run away from her corpse...........

So I used her cloth to cover her corpse,and waited till the rain stopped......Then I ran back home to inform my dad and other siblings sad

oooooh i feel like crying, bro everything is vanity ooooooo, thats how everyone will be going one by one

8 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2021
It was on Sept. 11th 2018 when my father died. It was one hell of an experience and it was the first time someone very close to me kicked the bucket, I mean my blood cry

I touched him, he's stiff already. It really pained me a lot because he left when things started to soften for me.

Continue to Rest In Peace Dad.

RIP Oligarchy

28 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Emeraldfynest(m): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2021
That was 7th January this year. I arrived the hospital only to be told my Dad was dead, he was already wrapped when I got there, I just opened and saw his face like he was asleep. Bad memories.

13 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Flamees(m): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2021
When
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Bamzyriches451: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2021
Not at all and will never ever....

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Ayoolamax: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2021
That was when my father die. I nearly faint also that very day .
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Bigpapi: 8:11am On Nov 14, 2021
1Alex:
If you have ever lost someone, it won't be scary to you anymore. When you enter a mortuary especially the one in a government hospital, you will know how far.

I swear
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Galadimabawa: 8:11am On Nov 14, 2021
That was when I loose my dady about 25 years ago.
Was f**king scared � too.

4 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by nedekid: 8:13am On Nov 14, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

So brave of you..

4 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pinkyposh(f): 8:13am On Nov 14, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

So sorry about that
Was she sick or something?

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by chukwugoziegi: 8:14am On Nov 14, 2021
My mother, her fingers were so cold and it looked like she was in a deep, peaceful sleep.

Before her, I used to be AFRAID of dead bodies, after her, I became a pro. Na me dey follow people go Mortuary these days go carry body. Nothing to be afraid of anymore. I even offer to wash them sometimes.

14 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by penearth(m): 8:14am On Nov 14, 2021
My mum, but was quite scared then
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 14, 2021
rali123:

Haaaa, you dont mean it...
Make or Female?

Yeah I do...
All medical students have to do Anatomy, and we use both male and female bodies for practicals...

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Do I Take Custody Of My Beloved Son? / Kaduna Pensioner Burns Down His House To Prevent Estranged Wife From Returning / My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.