Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong (5281 Views)

I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears / Surprise Proposal By Nairalander To His Girlfriend That Caught Everyone Unaware / My Girlfriend That Got Arrested Has Been Released Thanks To Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by DICKstractor: 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
undecided

In all your confusion, always choose your business before her

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by DICKstractor: 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Dollywood(m): 11:42pm On Nov 13, 2021
There's no single day I won't see a post about bfs/husbands having grievances about their relationship, is that how frustrating Nigerian girls can b!

4 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On Nov 14, 2021
Dollywood:
There's no single day I won't see a post about bfs/husbands having grievances about their relationship, is that how frustrating Nigerian girls can b!
No be the same Bfs/husbands dey chose the women for themselves? These aren't forced marriages or relationships. undecided
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Dollywood(m): 2:55am On Nov 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No be the same Bfs/husbands dey chose the women for themselves? These aren't forced marriages or relationships. undecided

grin those ladies sabi change personality in a blink, so no reason am.

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Kobojunkie: 3:27am On Nov 14, 2021
Dollywood:
grin those ladies sabi change personality in a blink, so no reason am.
Don't you get tired shifting blame on to others when things go south? Where is your sense of responsibility? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Elporo(m): 4:16am On Nov 14, 2021
tomtomastom4:

What do I do. She kept making it feel that I don't care for her.

The complain coming these days is really disturbing me. Am someone that don't like been under pressure.

A lot of time she complained that we no longer have time to go out to have fun.

But even aside the money, where is the time to do that.

I couldn't hold it any longer, I just had to tell her to give me a break.

You are starting a new phase in life and do not need any dead weight.

How could she be this terrible? You are neck-deep in debt, but she asks for a 25k gown. When she knows your monthly expenses cannot exceed 30K.

she's init for the digits

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Bola146(f): 6:38am On Nov 14, 2021
tomtomastom4:

I explained to her, that what we should focus on is repaying back the debt she borrowed, but she isn't having any of it. Was showing me her displeasure.

Now you know better, a thousand race starts in a day, it's better you let her go. You need peace of mind abeg

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 9:26am On Nov 14, 2021
Bola146:

Now you know better, a thousand race starts in a day, it's better you let her go. You need peace of mind abeg

Seriously, the peace of mind is what I seek, even this morning my elder bro called and was asking why I did that.

I had to explain everything to him. He saw reasons and told me that he will speak with her.

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 9:39am On Nov 14, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

This is exactly what my cousin told me.
That if she can't see reason with me, I should let her be and stay focused.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Bola146(f): 9:41am On Nov 14, 2021
tomtomastom4:

Seriously, the peace of mind is what I seek, even this morning my elder bro called and was asking why I did that.

I had to explain everything to him. He saw reasons and told me that he will speak with her.

Better
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Dollywood(m): 10:12am On Nov 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Don't you get tired shifting blame on to others when things go south? Where is your sense of responsibility?undecided

Well, I'm not in a relationship and I don't actually know what you mean by that.
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 14, 2021
tomtomastom4:

In all ramification, the girl is good.

I just don't knw why she decided to act like this.

Bros OP...
If you have explained all these to her and she's still acting like this, then follow your mind... You have tried!!!
You work for hours, then when you come back, no rest...you push your business till late at night...and then on weekends, no rest...you still push your business...and she knows all of this and still can't be understanding and supportive She even went ahead to start calling friends and family, calling you names ((a heart breaker))... So if wuna marry now and wuna get issues, this is what will also happen??

Hmm...
You have tried sir...
If she can't be supportive, then show her the door, she doesn't deserve you ...

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 14, 2021
Mercychen:
only a stupid girl would request for gown of 25k when she's not working or even able to afford a 5k gown herself. She's materialistic!

Some men are slowpoke though and would go ahead and buy it for her. I hope you don't fall into that category of mumu men.

If after letting her know of your current biz project which is gulping your finances, + her debt you're trying to offset, she still had the guts to request for such nonsense, then she's not a wife material. Her type will wreck you if you marry her.

Since they are already calling you a heart breaker, kuku scatter everything, let her go abeg! angry.

For now face and nuture your biz until it grows. Then look for good girl and marry.

grin grin grin
Kikikikikiki

I no know why your post dey sweet me die...
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 14, 2021
Mariangeles:

You really need to make her understand that everything is for the good of the both of you on the long run.
You also need to involve her in the business so that she can understand how difficult it is to make money. Teach her.
You can't just be giving her money anytime she asks for it, that is why she feels entitled. She needs to grow up and be responsible.

You should do all that if you're not willing to lose her, but if she still refuses to understand, let her go.
If she loves you, she'll come back to you.
I believe she loves you though, otherwise, she would not care about not spending enough time with her.

Involve her
Won't she run down his business with this kind of mentality
And besides sef...
It's not smart to do business with a friend or family!!! Leave business for business partners and friendship for friends!!

If she had a high financial IQ, she won't request for a 25k gown when the debt she incurred has not been paid

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 14, 2021
tomtomastom4:

What do I do. She kept making it feel that I don't care for her. (((That's emotional manipulation...red flag)))

The complain coming these days is really disturbing me. Am someone that don't like been under pressure. (((Shes putting you under pressure and she knows this too, yet she's still acting like this....this could mean that she feels entitled, she's selfish or she's not understanding or supportive.... Red flag!!!! angry))))

A lot of time she complained that we no longer have time to go out to have fun. (((She nags even when she knows the full situation of things on ground....red flag angry))

Oga...
I can't decide for you...
But if I were you, if seat her down one more time and explain things to her ((slowly and patiently)), if she still doesn't change ...I would show her the door without thinking twice... And besides sef, what is she adding to your life??

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by bukatyne(f): 11:09am On Nov 14, 2021
Iyaebe:
He's still saying the girl is good, look for an understanding partner, both of you ain't compatible.

grin cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by bukatyne(f): 11:13am On Nov 14, 2021
Favfables1:

Involve her
Won't she run down his business with this kind of mentality
And besides sef...
It's not smart to do business with a friend or family!!! Leave business for business partners and friendship for friends!!

If she had a high financial IQ, she won't request for a 25k gown when the debt she incurred has not been paid

@bold:

Very correct.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 14, 2021
Favfables1:

grin grin grin
Kikikikikiki

I no know why your post dey sweet me die...

Nooo.. you too check am now. undecided
So, if she's a wife, she'll open her mouth to ask for 25k gown with that amount the man is earning, 130k? In this economy?

She should use that 25k and go into production of soaps and toiletries and sell in schools and offices to make more money instead of sitting there and requesting for some people's one month salary.

If he was my brother, na me go tell the girl by myself to go.

The OP seems mesmerized because I still see him going about saying the girl is good.

His problem.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by bukatyne(f): 11:16am On Nov 14, 2021
tomtomastom4:

In all ramification, the girl is good.

I just don't knw why she decided to act like this.

Please tell us her good qualities since you insist she is good.

Your story so far highlights only the bad qualities.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 14, 2021
Mercychen:

So, if she's a wife, she'll open her mouth to ask for 25k gown with that amount the man is earning, 130k? In this economy?

She should use that 25k and go into production of soaps and toiletries and sell in schools and offices to make more money instead of sitting there and requesting for some people's one month salary.

The OP seems mesmerized because I still see him going about saying the girl is good.

His problem.

Wow!!
Abeg let's do and marry, I'm falling in love with your mentality... kikikikikiki grin

Buh seriously eh...
That girl needs to reevaluate her priorities here...

Pleasure is good o...but first put yourself in a position that you can purchase pleasure without thinking twice....

If she buy gown 25k, what of shoe and necklace and bangle to wear with the gown grin grin... Those expenses alone will reach like 50k then minus am from 130k, how she go take run the house??

She's not even understanding sef, that's the most annoying part!!!
She knows the debt that guy is in now, she knows he is struggling to stand on his feet and yet she's acting this way...

Buh that's the OP wahala Sha...
I just pray God helps him...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 14, 2021
Favfables1:

Wow!!
Abeg let's do and marry, I'm falling in love with your mentality... kikikikikiki grin

Buh seriously eh...
That girl needs to reevaluate her priorities here...

Pleasure is good o...but first put yourself in a position that you can purchase pleasure without thinking twice....

If she buy gown 25k, what of shoe and necklace and bangle to wear with the gown grin grin... Those expenses alone will reach like 50k then minus am from 130k, how she go take run the house??

She's not even understanding sef, that's the most annoying part!!!
She knows the debt that guy is in now, she knows he is struggling to stand on his feet and yet she's acting this way...

Buh that's the OP wahala Sha...
I just pray God helps him...

God has already helped him by giving him common sense. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Let him use his God given wisdom.

Dem no dey tell man Sha.

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by DICKstractor: 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
tomtomastom4:

This is exactly what my cousin told me.
That if she can't see reason with me, I should let her be and stay focused.

True bro

Secure your future first. There are alot of girls out there incase she doesn't see reason with you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
bukatyne:

Please tell us her good qualities since you insist she is good.

Your story so far highlights only the bad qualities.

If I say she isn't a good lady, am not doing justice to her. When I compare to other ladies that I knw and to other ladies that my friends/brothers are dating, I can fully say that she's good.
Our relationship have been going on fine with the last two years. She's not even the demanding type. 90% of the time that I have given her money, I did that in my own, not on her request.

It's just within the last three months that this one started happening.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
Favfables1:

Oga...
I can't decide for you...
But if I were you, if seat her down one more time and explain things to her ((slowly and patiently)), if she still doesn't change ...I would show her the door without thinking twice... And besides sef, what is she adding to your life??
Well I don't knw how you want me to say what she's adding to my life.

Aside from the normal "companionship" that one get from been in a relationship, what else is expected.

And mayb before you bring up sex, it's not part of our relationship. Am for "no sex till marriage" and so is she.
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Mariangeles(f): 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2021
cooooooks:
Nna, I said before, IF she isn't after money.

Why are you buying gown? Even if you had the money.

Tell her she looks beautiful in wrapper to you.

I thought men don't like wrappers? undecided
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by cooooooks(m): 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
Which men??

Biko abeg speak for yourself.

Mariangeles:

I thought men don't like wrappers? undecided
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Saintmary(f): 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2021
tomtomastom4:

What do I do. She kept making it feel that I don't care for her.

The complain coming these days is really disturbing me. Am someone that don't like been under pressure.

A lot of time she complained that we no longer have time to go out to have fun.

Visit her Mom, and ask her to help you explain better to her. Once they notice how serious you are about your girl, they'll smoothen things out for you guys.

I don't see why you should throw a good girl away just because of her immaturity.
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
tomtomastom4:

Well I don't knw how you want me to say what she's adding to my life.

Aside from the normal "companionship" that one get from been in a relationship, what else is expected.

And mayb before you bring up sex, it's not part of our relationship. Am for "no sex till marriage" and so is she.

Tor!
Don't stress yourself or allow anyone put you under unnecessary pressure...
You're doing well sir to have supported her thus far in the little way you can and if she can't appreciate what you've done, then don't kill yourself...

At this point of your life, you need support, understanding and encouragement not a nagging baggage in human form ((my apologies if you're offended, buh I hope you get my point)).... Surviving with 30k in this kind of economy no be beans o!! And yet she's acting this way....it's not fair na...

Like I said, seat her down and talk to her, if she is still adamant, then commit the crime you've been accused of ((heart breaker))...

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Saintmary(f): 1:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mercychen:

His problem.

Wow, Queen Pickmesha.
Why don't you ask the OP to date you instead since you get sense pass him girl.

REPENT!

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Karleb(m): 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
This girl, is she her orphan?

Doesn't she has any relative?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Saintmary:

Wow, Queen Pickmesha.
Why don't you ask the OP to date you instead since you get sense pass him girl.

REPENT!

See them. Na them.

Always asking a Man for what their father can not buy for them. But to work with their own hands so they can buy the world themselves, no way!

I wonder why y'all (especially the ladies) always quick to misinterpret my honest opinion as seeking the male attention or wanting the person concerned to pick me. So myopic of you ladies. It also goes to show y'alls intention on here.

Y'all know what? I will never stop dropping the bombshell where it matters, just to please you guys. You musn't all agree with my submissions but learn to disregard it, drop yours and vamoose!

Na una type Dem dey use for money rituals easily.

Receive sense and don't ever mention me again.

Fake things everywhere.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You See This (pix) / Ladies What Would You Do When You Discover This (see Pix) / Is It Ok To Cry Once A While

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.