Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong (5244 Views)

I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears / Surprise Proposal By Nairalander To His Girlfriend That Caught Everyone Unaware / My Girlfriend That Got Arrested Has Been Released Thanks To Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 9:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
I told my gf to give me some space and break.
She glared up. Said somethings to me and told my friends that I broke her heart.

Plz judge from my story if I what I did was wrong.
Sorry my story might be long.

I have been dating my gf for about 3 years now. I have the plans of marrying her by next year. Our both family knows about our intention.

But off recent, things haven't been all rosy for me and it's affecting my relationship with her.

Everything was going fine until I started a new business that am pushing. I got a new product from another state and began bringing it into my state of residence. It's not a fast moving goods, so it's difficult to market and I believe once the goods gets acceptance, it's going to move very well and the profit is promising.

So right now all I do is to push and push. And pumping money also. All these my gf knows about. In other to expand the biz a little, i got a loan of 1.5 million wch I added to the biz. The loan is to be paid back around march and I pay the person 100k per month.

Also to add, I work in a company that pays me 130k per month. So I use 30k for my monthly up keep and send 100k for loan repayment.

I must confess, since I started the biz things haven't been easy for me. I usually make sales from the biz, but right now I put all the money back to the biz just so that I won't run it down cos profit haven't started coming yet. Am still in the stage of putting in more money.

4 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Bola146(f): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2021
lipsrsealed she should understand your situation now if she can endure with you. This is the time she should be with you if she is not demanding till the loan is paid and the business is successful. You should explain better to her if she is misinterpreting you

13 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Nov 13, 2021
tomtomastom4:

I must confess, since I started the biz things haven't been easy for me. I usually make sales from the biz, but right now I put all the money back to the biz just so that I won't run it down cos profit haven't started coming yet. Am still in the stage of putting in more money.
Did you also explain all of this to your galfriend as reason why you need a break or did you expect her to read your mind? undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
Continued....

My babe is in 400 lvl. She just finished IT and preparing her report. So she requested for some money to help finish up everything that concerns that. I told her to gv me time, that I will send the money for her. Though I told her to borrow the money, so that later I can give her to return it. She consented to it and went ahead and borrowed.

So am trying to raise the money for her and send to the person she borrowed.

Just last week, she showed me a pix of a gown that her friend sells.
The gown is about 25k. No doubt, the gown is beautiful and if I had the money, I would have bought it for her myself. Then I told her to hold on the gown let me first of all settle the money she borrowed. She didn't really flare up sha, but her choice of words wasn't encouraging to me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Bola146(f): 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
tomtomastom4:
Continued....

My babe is in 400 lvl. She just finished IT and preparing her report. So she requested for some money to help finish up everything that concerns that. I told her to gv me time, that I will send the money for her. Though I told her to borrow the money, so that later I can give her to return it. She consented to it and went ahead and borrowed.

The gown is about 25k. No doubt, the gown is beautiful and if I had the money, I would have bought it for her myself. Then I told her to hold on the gown let me first of all settle the money she borrowed. She didn't really flare up sha, but her choice of words wasn't encouraging to me

She no get sense at all, na gown remain for her or the money she borrowed when she should be after is her studies sad You know what is better for you then. Let her give you space. But please if you are not interested let her know now and give her the reasons of the space please. It could be a correction for her or she doesn't know it as bad behaviours

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2021
tomtomastom4:
So am trying to raise the money for her and send to the person she borrowed.....
Did you also tell her this story hear? undecided
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by GboyegaD(m): 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2021
You can find time to have a real conversation on why you can't afford that at this time.
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2021
I ended the call, thought about all that she said. It's not like I have done much for her, but I knw that I have supported her in my own little way.

But then I just checked. I work 8-5. When I close from wrk, I use bike and move around the town checking my products to see how it's faring. Sometimes I get home around 9:30. Then weekends from morning I go out trying to push the product. (I forget to add that there are days when she complained that I no longer give her time as I used to before. I also had to cut down on airtime that I spend so that my little resource could out me through for the month)

Then from the 30k that I keep for myself I send 1/3 of it to my family, then I tried to manage the remaining once I just manage for the rest of the month.
Right now sef, in my acct I have more than 400k. But if I keep making expense from that money, I will run down the biz

After much thought, I called her and told her to give me space. That I needed a break.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2021
After I told her that, she said somethings wch didn't bother me.

But then she called my friends and some of my cousin. I don't know what she told them, but they are all calling me heart breaker. That I was so mean to break a ladies heart in that way.

Finally broken up with her

https://www.nairaland.com/6848972/told-girlfriend-needed-break-did/3#108231658

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by cooooooks(m): 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2021
If she is not with you for money, this is an ill-advised move.

tomtomastom4:
I told my gf to give me some space and break.
She glared up. Said somethings to me and told my friends that I broke her heart.

Plz judge from my story if I what I did was wrong.
Sorry my story might be long.

I have been dating my gf for about 3 years now. I have the plans of marrying her by next year. Our both family knows about our intention.

But off recent, things haven't been all rosy for me and it's affecting my relationship with her.

Everything was going fine until I started a new business that am pushing. I got a new product from another state and began bringing it into my state of residence. It's not a fast moving goods, so it's difficult to market and I believe once the goods gets acceptance, it's going to move very well and the profit is promising.

So right now all I do is to push and push. And pumping money also. All these my gf knows about. In other to expand the biz a little, i got a loan of 1.5 million wch I added to the biz. The loan is to be paid back around march and I pay the person 100k per month.

Also to add, I work in a company that pays me 130k per month. So I use 30k for my monthly up keep and send 100k for loan repayment.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2021
Bola146:
lipsrsealed she should understand your situation now if she can endure with you. This is the time she should be with you if she is not demanding till the loan is paid and the business is successful. You should explain better to her if she is misinterpreting you

I have explained to her quite a number of times. She knws everything abt the biz. Even when I got the loan, she was aware. Even the payment plan she knows.

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Bola146(f): 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2021
Why not sit her down and explain to her now! Why hidden things from her? She could be of help with the business while you are at work please

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did you also tell her this story hear? undecided
Shes aware. I wan the one that asked her to borrow the money.
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Bola146(f): 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2021
tomtomastom4:

I have explained to her quite a number of times. She knws everything abt the biz. Even when I got the loan, she was aware. Even the payment plan she knows.

Ha..... Please follow your mind please. You really need peace of mind to build the business and also return the money please. Best of luck.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2021
cooooooks:
If she is not with you for money, this is an ill-advised move.

In all ramification, the girl is good.

I just don't knw why she decided to act like this.
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
tomtomastom4:

Shes aware. I wan the one that asked her to borrow the money.
If you have indeed discussed everything with her, then give her time to process it all and make her decision. undecided

In the meantime, work to resolve you and your businesses. undecided

6 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2021
only a stupid girl would request for gown of 25k when she's not working or even able to afford a 5k gown herself. She's materialistic!

Some men are slowpoke though and would go ahead and buy it for her. I hope you don't fall into that category of mumu men.

If after letting her know of your current biz project which is gulping your finances, + her debt you're trying to offset, she still had the guts to request for such nonsense, then she's not a wife material. Her type will wreck you if you marry her.

Since they are already calling you a heart breaker, kuku scatter everything, let her go abeg! angry.

For now face and nuture your biz until it grows. Then look for good girl and marry.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by cooooooks(m): 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2021
The girl? Guy na you f up.

Why are you pushing her away because you are financially tight??

If you guys get married and financial pressure is too high, will you also push her away?

tomtomastom4:

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
He's still saying the girl is good, look for an understanding partner, both of you ain't compatible.

8 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Yabalift guy undecided so many mumu guys and op is one imagine this nonsense his complaining here kia! A lady u should have dump long time ago lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Afamsi: 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2021
Work on your communication with her and try to be as open as possible

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Mystery9(m): 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2021
Mercychen:
only a stupid girl would request for gown of 25k when she's not working or even able to afford a 5k gown herself. She's materialistic!

Some men are slowpoke though and would go ahead and buy it for her. I hope you don't fall into that category of mumu men.

If after letting her know of your current biz project which is gulping your finances, + her debt you're trying to offset, she still had the guts to request for such nonsense, then she's not a wife material. Her type will wreck you if you marry her.

Since they are already calling you a heart breaker, kuku scatter everything, let her go abeg! angry.

For now face and nuture your biz until it grows. Then look for good girl and marry.
Your comment is so reasonable. That his GF is not matured enough to assist him.

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2021
Mystery9:

Your comment is so reasonable. That his GF is not matured enough to assist him.

Imagine.. 25k gown when you're not yet earning a dime.

She'll just suck OP dry and move on to the next rich guy.

6 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Mariangeles(f): 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2021
tomtomastom4:

You really need to make her understand that everything is for the good of the both of you on the long run.
You also need to involve her in the business so that she can understand how difficult it is to make money. Teach her.
You can't just keep giving her money anytime she asks for it, that is why she feels entitled. She needs to grow up and be responsible.

You should do all that if you're not willing to lose her, but if she still refuses to understand, let her go.
If she loves you, she'll come back to you.
I believe she loves you though, otherwise, she would not care about not spending enough time with her.

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2021
cooooooks:
The girl? Guy na you f up.

Why are you pushing her away because you are financially tight??

If you guys get married and financial pressure is too high, will you also push her away?

What do I do. She kept making it feel that I don't care for her.

The complain coming these days is really disturbing me. Am someone that don't like been under pressure.

A lot of time she complained that we no longer have time to go out to have fun.

But even aside the money, where is the time to do that.

I couldn't hold it any longer, I just had to tell her to give me a break.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 10:53pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:
He's still saying the girl is good, look for an understanding partner, both of you ain't compatible.

When I mean she's good. The lady is good, no doubt.
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by cooooooks(m): 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2021
She wants to spend time with you. Let her come and join you in the work. Let her come and just be around you while you work. Tell her you don't have time for going out. That you are building a future for your family to come.

tomtomastom4:

What do I do. She kept making it feel that I don't care for her.

The complain coming these days is really disturbing me. Am someone that don't like been under pressure.

A lot of time she complained that we no longer have time to go out to have fun.

But even aside the money, where is the time to do that.

I couldn't hold it any longer, I just had to tell her to give me a break.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by cooooooks(m): 10:57pm On Nov 13, 2021
Nna, I said before, IF she isn't after money.

Why are you buying gown? Even if you had the money.

Tell her she looks beautiful in wrapper to you.

tomtomastom4:
Continued....

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
Afamsi:
Work on your communication with her and try to be as open as possible

Am not the type that nag. When things go south, I try my best to fix it without disturbing others. I started this biz about two months ago. All the process that I took, she was aware. Even when goods land, she's aware.

So I have told her abt my financial situation a good number of times. So if I keep telling her same thing when ever she makes a request, to me, it's nagging.

So lots of time when she make request, I will just turn it down, if it's what I can handle at that moment, I do it.

So the communication part have been there.

I just got tired and asked for the break cos month haven't gone half and my spare cash is almost exhausted.

7 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Afamsi: 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2021
tomtomastom4:

Am not the type that nag. When things go south, I try my best to fix it without disturbing others. I started this biz about two months ago. All the process that I took, she was aware. Even when goods land, she's aware.

So I have told her abt my financial situation a good number of times. So if I keep telling her same thing when ever she makes a request, to me, it's nagging.

So lots of time when she make request, I will just turn it down, if it's what I can handle at that moment, I do it.

So the communication part have been there.

I just got tired and asked for the break cos month haven't gone half and my spare cash is almost exhausted.
If that is the case you did no wrong. Only let her know that you are not calling off the relationship. I will advice you also pray to God to make sure she is your help meet (wife)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by tomtomastom4: 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2021
Bola146:

She no get sense at all, na gown remain for her or the money she borrowed when she should be after is her studies sad You know what is better for you then. Let her give you space. But please if you are not interested let her know now and give her the reasons of the space please. It could be a correction for her or she doesn't know it as bad behaviours

I explained to her, that what we should focus on is repaying back the debt she borrowed, but she isn't having any of it. Was showing me her displeasure.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Needed A Break, Did I Do Wrong by Truvelisback(m): 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
tomtomastom4:
Continued....

U are lucky u told her to give u some space. That girl is a full time Liability. She doesn't add to u rada she takes away. U just wan kill urself. Look at this pics below, u will see what u are doing to urself.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm Never Buying This Ever Again [Picture] / What Would You Want Your Partner To Look Like / My Long Time Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me For No Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.