Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. (3540 Views)

Atheists This Message Is For You Guys. / Challenge To Nairaland Atheists / Discussion For Nairaland Atheists Only. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by nans24: 9:21am On Nov 18, 2021
Before I begin, I am not a pastor or a preacher and I don't attend any church. I am just a sinner who continuously makes mistakes and tries his best to make changes and quit bad habits that are discouraged in the Bible.

I have personally observed that alot of you are not really atheists as you call yourselves. Most of you do believe and know that there is a God, A creator of Heaven and Earth, but you find it difficult worshipping a God who turns his face away while chaos and destruction envelopes that which He has created.

Some of you are in deep pain as a result of loved ones lost in death, individuals who in one way or the other expressed kindness and love towards you by their actions.

Some of you have gone through or witnessed tragic and traumatic experiences that still haunts you and makes you wonder why a so called "loving" God would sit back, fold his hands and do nothing.

Some of you successfully got out of a brainwashing cult claiming to possess truth and then in your quest for real truth, got consumed and trapped in an endless loop of existential crisis and decided to give up completely on that quest.

Some of you are just sick and tired of the suffering, injustice and deceit that goes on in this world, with the wicked and heartless prospering, Wolves clothed in the garments of sheep leading and so called worshippers of God with no single iota of love for their fellow man displaying their false sense of godly devotion.

If you can relate to all that I have mentioned above the message below is meant for you:

1. Its okay to be angry at God. You are not the first neither are you going to be the last to feel this way. Individuals who lived in much more tougher and barbaric times have questioned God, some even accusing him of deliberately deceiving them and making them an object of scorn and mockery. God did not kill or get mad angry at those individuals. In fact, He is much more closer to those who are broken hearted.

2. Death is not the end. You have a spirit within you. The wicked can destroy and have your weak body. Unforeseen occurrence can take hold of your body. But your spirit is the special property of God. Your loved ones who are dead have ran their race and they are resting. There is nothing in this world. They are not missing out on anything special. All is vanity.

3. It's okay to lose faith in God. A man boldly called down fire from heaven but then ran like a coward to a deserted mountain when a woman threatened to kill him. Another man who raised the dead, asked God why He has forsaken him as he bleed on a stick he was nailed on. You are not RoboCop or Superman. It's okay to lose faith in God. God knows what we are. He reads our heart and always has a way of drawing those that are His back to him.

4. You have free will. You are free to do whatever you like, believe in whatever you want to believe in and partake in whatever that pleases or gives you delight. But as you go on doing all of that, remember that actions have equal and opposite reactions. Every action has consequences and you will be judged/rewarded based on your actions whether you accept it or not.

5. What you see is not what God sees. His thoughts, ways and actions are unimaginably higher. Humbly accept that you cannot understand EVERYTHING about Him and what He permits to occur. You have to spend eternity with Him and be able to stand in His presence in order for that to happen and a time will indeed come when that will happen.

6. The Bible is a useless and stupid book for deluded people. Yes, that is exactly how God has made it to look like in the eyes of men. However, To those who continuously and unrelentingly continue to search for him in their heart, He gives His spirit of knowledge and understanding. You are always free to ask for that spirit if you wish.

7. You are an imperfect human. God does not expect perfection from that which is imperfect. No man is good. What God expects is you fighting/battling with sin rather than giving up to it. When you fall, get up and continue to battle.

Have a nice day.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by Hashabiah: 9:32am On Nov 18, 2021
Nice writeup

1 Like

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by Bluewitch(f): 9:36am On Nov 18, 2021
Hnmmmm
Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by hopefulLandlord: 10:23am On Nov 18, 2021
someone who hates god is not an atheist, such a person is a "MISOTHEIST"

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:36am On Nov 18, 2021
Beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:51am On Nov 18, 2021
nans24:
Before I begin, I am not a pastor or a preacher and I don't attend any church. I am just a sinner who continuously makes mistakes and tries his best to make changes and quit bad habits that are discouraged in the Bible.

I have personally observed that alot of you are not really atheists as you call yourselves. Most of you do believe and know that there is a God, A creator of Heaven and Earth, but you find it difficult worshipping a God who turns his face away while chaos and destruction envelopes that which He has created.

Some of you are in deep pain as a result of loved ones lost in death, individuals who in one way or the other expressed kindness and love towards you by their actions.

Some of you have gone through or witnessed tragic and traumatic experiences that still haunts you and makes you wonder why a so called "loving" God would sit back, fold his hands and do nothing.

Some of you successfully got out of a brainwashing cult claiming to possess truth and then in your quest for real truth, got consumed and trapped in an endless loop of existential crisis and decided to give up completely on that quest.

Some of you are just sick and tired of the suffering, injustice and deceit that goes on in this world, with the wicked and heartless prospering, Wolves clothed in the garments of sheep leading and so called worshippers of God with no single iota of love for their fellow man displaying their false sense of godly devotion.

If you can relate to all that I have mentioned above the message below is meant for you...

They are not these things they are just pure evils who have admitted the Truth to themselves that they in truth love being evil. That's all.

They are just using these appearance of reasonable grounds to hide the fact that they love being evil.

Until, now that I have said this, you have not heard anyone come out to declare that he loves being wicked and evil.

Now they would all come out to plead their allegiance to evil.

So get ready world, more wickedness coming!
Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by kingxsamz(m): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
Or maybe because we just don't believe in magical sky fairies.

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2021
nans24:
So you know you don't belong to Jesus Christ but you pretend you can preach to others in His name? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by Workch: 10:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
Just one evidence and you don’t have to write a lot to convince atheists

11 Likes

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by 1Sharon(f): 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2021
If someone is angry at God, that doesn't make them an atheist.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by hupernikao: 11:21pm On Nov 18, 2021
1Sharon:

Exactly the OP point. Many on NL claiming atheists aren't atheists. Many of them dont even know what atheism is about, it's obvious. That's what the OP is stating. I call such untrained psychologist.

Hiding under a name is not enough cover, there are obvious facts that confirm who is just an untrained psychologist but claiming to be an atheist.

Hence the challenges facing such is different from that of an atheist even though internet seems to give a balance.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by hupernikao: 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
someone who hates god is not an atheist, such a person is a "MISOTHEIST"

Exactly the OP claim. Tell this to the untrained psychologist claiming atheist on NL here. Their noises are more than that of their atheistic neighbor. But their problem differs.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by TAGM(m): 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
1Sharon:

Are you still atheist/misotheist?

Expecting you'd found your way by now...
Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by XXXXTENTACION: 11:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
God should come down from heaven and preach to the atheists himself... A God who abandons the world he created is an irresponsible God... undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by XXXXTENTACION: 12:03am On Nov 19, 2021
hupernikao:

Exactly the OP point. Many on NL claiming atheists aren't atheists. Many of them dont even know what atheism is about, it's obvious. That's what the OP is stating. I call such untrained psychologist.

Hiding under a name is not enough cover, there are obvious facts that confirm who is just an untrained psychologist but claiming to be an atheist.

Hence the challenges facing such is different from that of an atheist even though internet seems to give a balance.
Religious people can be very annoying when they defend their beliefs the atheist are just paying back you are taking things too personal... grin

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by 1Sharon(f): 2:04am On Nov 19, 2021
TAGM:

Are you still atheist/misotheist?

Expecting you'd found your way by now...

Atheist and misotheist are not the same thing, don't be dumb.
Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by 1Sharon(f): 2:06am On Nov 19, 2021
hupernikao:

Do you know what atheism is about?

Do you even know what your own religion is about?

If Indians colonized Nigeria, you'd be shouting about Krishna right now, so just pipe down.

14 Likes

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:49am On Nov 19, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Religious people can be very annoying when they defend their beliefs the atheist are just paying back you are taking things too personal... grin

Does that word "defend" not already prove that you atheists attacked us, first?

See how mad and unreasonable and evil you atheists are?
Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:55am On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Do you know what atheism is about?

Do you even know what your own religion is about?

If Indians colonized Nigeria, you'd be shouting about Krishna right now, so just pipe down.

The Indians too were colonized, and they are still Krishnaring.

Toyota and Honda and Benz and Hyundai did not colonize us, yet they are popular here.

It is a matter of personal choices which grew and expanded, most especially when individuals where allowed to exercise their free personal choice and not by coercion.
Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by Martinez39s(m): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2021
As expected, I didn't see any proof or solid argument for the existence of the Christian god.

Here is my assessment of the falsehood of abrahamic gods.

https://www.nairaland.com/5319206/sincere-adherents-abrahamic-religions-why

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by TAGM(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2021
Martinez39s:
As expected, I didn't see any proof or solid argument for the existence of the Christian god.

Here is my assessment of the falsehood of abrahamic gods.

https://www.nairaland.com/5319206/sincere-adherents-abrahamic-religions-why

Oga leave religion and secure a relationship with Christ who died for you.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by TAGM(m): 8:59am On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Atheist and misotheist are not the same thing, don't be dumb.

I know, just needed to have used "or".

Aren't you considering Christ yet?
We aren't talking about religion hear, but relationship. The scriptures says that...

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

Just want you to get acquainted with the person of Jesus. Who is He? How and why was He born? Why did He die, yet living? What is life like after death without Him?...
Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by LordReed(m): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2021
nans24:

If you can relate to all that I have mentioned above the message below is meant for you:

1. Its okay to be angry at God. You are not the first neither are you going to be the last to feel this way. Individuals who lived in much more tougher and barbaric times have questioned God, some even accusing him of deliberately deceiving them and making them an object of scorn and mockery. God did not kill or get mad angry at those individuals. In fact, He is much more closer to those who are broken hearted.

2. Death is not the end. You have a spirit within you. The wicked can destroy and have your weak body. Unforeseen occurrence can take hold of your body. But your spirit is the special property of God. Your loved ones who are dead have ran their race and they are resting. There is nothing in this world. They are not missing out on anything special. All is vanity.

3. It's okay to lose faith in God. A man boldly called down fire from heaven but then ran like a coward to a deserted mountain when a woman threatened to kill him. Another man who raised the dead, asked God why He has forsaken him as he bleed on a stick he was nailed on. You are not RoboCop or Superman. It's okay to lose faith in God. God knows what we are. He reads our heart and always has a way of drawing those that are His back to him.

4. You have free will. You are free to do whatever you like, believe in whatever you want to believe in and partake in whatever that pleases or gives you delight. But as you go on doing all of that, remember that actions have equal and opposite reactions. Every action has consequences and you will be judged/rewarded based on your actions whether you accept it or not.

5. What you see is not what God sees. His thoughts, ways and actions are unimaginably higher. Humbly accept that you cannot understand EVERYTHING about Him and what He permits to occur. You have to spend eternity with Him and be able to stand in His presence in order for that to happen and a time will indeed come when that will happen.

6. The Bible is a useless and stupid book for deluded people. Yes, that is exactly how God has made it to look like in the eyes of men. However, To those who continuously and unrelentingly continue to search for him in their heart, He gives His spirit of knowledge and understanding. You are always free to ask for that spirit if you wish.

7. You are an imperfect human. God does not expect perfection from that which is imperfect. No man is good. What God expects is you fighting/battling with sin rather than giving up to it. When you fall, get up and continue to battle.

Have a nice day.

1. Why does your god want broken people? So that they can be slaves like Paul said? Then he should have just created slaves shouldn't he?

2. I would love to see by what evidence you came to know that death is not the end and that there is something called spirit.

3. If it is OK to loose faith in this your god then why are you bothered that we don't have faith in this your god?

4. I am comfortable knowing that my actions have consequences which is why I don't behave anyhow. Why should I be bothered that someone is going to judge my life? I am already doing what is within my power to live a good life. What exactly is this judgement, reward and punishment going to entail? By what standard is this going to take place and how do you know all of this?

5. Again how do you know all this?

6. Why does your god want stupid people? I don't understand. Your god made people with brains that can assimilate great amounts of information and process it into extremely wonderful outputs but instead he wants stupid people? Why didn't he just make stupid people then?

7. What is sin?

10 Likes

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by LordReed(m): 9:26am On Nov 19, 2021
TAGM:

Oga leave religion and secure a relationship with Christ who died for you.

You can't have a real relationship with a mental imaginary construct, that's not a relationship.

9 Likes

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by TAGM(m): 9:33am On Nov 19, 2021
LordReed:

You can't have a real relationship with a mental imaginary construct, that's not a relationship.

It will be foolish for you to believe that everything that exists must be visible. Some of the greatest forces on earth are invisible to the natural eyes or wrapped up in molecules widely spaced.

We aren't even talking about a mental imaginary here, we're talking about One whose birth was supernatural, who died and rose adain and was seen of many before ascending to heaven.

Animals can be excused on their ignorance about the existence of a divine Being, but not mortal men who are formed in the image of such a Being whose workings, power and glory isn't hidden even in this present dispensation?

How else would you explain the miracels? The life transformations? The prophetic turn out and manifestation of events?

Atheism is one of dumbest disposition any man can align with.
Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by LordReed(m): 9:43am On Nov 19, 2021
TAGM:

It will be foolish for you to believe that everything that exists must be visible. Some of the greatest forces on earth are invisible to the natural eyes or wrapped up in molecules widely spaced.

We aren't even talking about a mental imaginary here, we're talking about One whose birth was supernatural, who died and rose adain and was seen of many before ascending to heaven.

Animals can be excused on their ignorance about the existence of a divine Being, but not mortal men who are formed in the image of such a Being whose workings, power and glory isn't hidden even in this present dispensation?

How else would you explain the miracels? The life transformations? The prophetic turn out and manifestation of events?

Atheism is one of dumbest disposition any man can align with.

What evidence can you present for the existence of this divine being?

What miracles? Can they be verified to be miracles?

What life transformations?

What does prophetic turn out and manifestation of events mean? And why is it relevant to this discussion?

What you think about atheism is irrelevant. What we want is for you to provide evidence for your claims, no story.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by 1Sharon(f): 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2021
TAGM:

I know, just needed to have used "or".

Aren't you considering Christ yet?
We aren't talking about religion hear, but relationship. The scriptures says that...

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

Just want you to get acquainted with the person of Jesus. Who is He? How and why was He born? Why did He die, yet living? What is life like after death without Him?...

Are you considering FSM yet?

All other gods are impastas.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by Workch: 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2021
hupernikao:

Anybody who doesn’t believe in the existence of a god is an atheist and not the person angry at god. The person who’s angry at god believes there’s a god in the first place, atheist do not.
Don’t misconstrue the message the poster meant to pass.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by 1Sharon(f): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Indians too were colonized, and they are still Krishnaring.

Toyota and Honda and Benz and Hyundai did not colonize us, yet they are popular here.

It is a matter of personal choices which grew and expanded, most especially when individuals where allowed to exercise their free personal choice and not by coercion.

Indians were colonized and took the technology the colonists had to offer.

Nigerians were colonized and took the religion of the colonists.

Guess who is doing better?

They didn't like you. Why would they show you the way to heaven is by believing in Jesus?

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by TAGM(m): 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Are you considering FSM yet?

All other gods are impastas.

You mean "imposter"?

If God forced everyone to be worshipping Him alone or to believe in Jesus Christ, don't you think such an act would be cruel? He has given all mankind the power of will and choice. That's why there's need for evangelizing.

How would they know the truth if you don't change your disposition and join in the propagation of this gospel?

But know this; everyone will have the opportunity to hear the truth before the final judgement. What you do with the truth will determine your fate internally.

I can help clear some of your questions and doubts privately if you are willing.
Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by TAGM(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
LordReed:

What evidence can you present for the existence of this divine being?

What miracles? Can they be verified to be miracles?

What life transformations?

What does prophetic turn out and manifestation of events mean? And why is it relevant to this discussion?

What you think about atheism is irrelevant. What we want is for you to provide evidence for your claims, no story.

You yourself is an evidence for the existence of a divine. You have awareness of your existence, therefore you exist, a body you have to express yourself. When that awareness is gone, your body becomes a carcass because the spirit that gives it life is withdrawn. God is Spirit, you can't see Him, but you see his works everywhere. Pray He reveals Himself to you.

Look for any good church or ministry e.g, Koinonia miracle service by apostle Joshua Selman and attend one of their meetings.

Changing of an individual from bad to good immediately he or she receives Christ. God opening doors for one who no mortal would have opened.

Almost all biblical prophecies have come to pass and are still coming to pass. Right now we are in an injury time. Search the scriptures, or let me lead you to the Truth.
Re: Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. by 1Sharon(f): 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
TAGM:

You mean "imposter"?

If God forced everyone to be worshipping Him alone or to believe in Jesus Christ, don't you think such an act would be cruel? He has given all mankind the power of will and choice. That's why there's need for evangelizing.

How would they know the truth if you don't change your disposition and join in the propagation of this gospel?

But know this; everyone will have the opportunity to hear the truth before the final judgement. What you do with the truth will determine your fate internally.

I can help clear some of your questions and doubts privately if you are willing.

No I mean impasta.

Please stop imposing your religion on me.

I already worship FSM.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Your Name and Your Destiny / Jesus Prophesied Islam In 3 "Hidden Prophesies", In Parallels / Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.