Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate (88830 Views)

Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos / 50 Hospitalised After Eating Cow Bitten By Snake In South Africa / 9-Year-Old Girl Bitten To Death By A Cobra On Her Bed In Thailand (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Annie001: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2021
Such an unfortunate situation
May her gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by ClassicMan202(m): 9:56am On Nov 22, 2021
Edd
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Idamond: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2021
wat is these seun

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Rugaria: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2021
May the gods forgive all of you thinking what I'm thinking...

1 Like

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Cosmatikka: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2021
The animal abi snake right activists of nairaland will say she went to disturb the snake where it was resting.
If we had seen the news here saying "Snake killed in a bathroom", dey for tell us how it's an endangered specie and would have been allowed to crawl away.

As for me AB zags, anywhere I see snake in this life, be in Nigeria, Australia or Canada, it must die cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Administration1: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2021
In as much as
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Kingpele(m): 9:56am On Nov 22, 2021
Chai rip
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by MufasaLion: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2021
Bombolistic:
Village people at work. so sad

Nothing like that!
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by generalud: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2021
Lalasticlala, suya is ready.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Oju4190: 9:57am On Nov 22, 2021
I used to put a pinch of carbad into my WC and fluch once a why.... With dat snake cannot hide inside it.....The odour of the cabbad is very irritating to snake that will what to habitat in the soakaaway.....Used to do it Twice or thrice a month.....Do this and thank me later.....A pinch oooo, nor go put many make Ur soakaaway nor go explode oooo

13 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by MufasaLion: 9:58am On Nov 22, 2021
Grandmeister:
Even a black mamba's bite can afford you 20 minutes to get to the hospital (and we don't have black mamba here). This lady had about 30 minutes to one hour to get antivenom shots and live but she didn't get it. Either because
1. The hospitals didn't have any(or the appropriate antivenom shot)
2. She was being treated with traditional method while her window for survival was closing.

Damn straight! You got it.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by eldoradoxx: 10:00am On Nov 22, 2021
Ensure your sewage tank is completely sealed and impenetrable by rodents and reptiles. Your sewage pipes empty inside the sewage tank and any opening will permit reptiles to crawl in and find their way into ur toilet. Outside an open sewage, snake has no place to enter ur toilet. As often as possible, empty sniper container in ur toilet and flush, if there is any reptile in ur sewage, that is a death sentence for it.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by TheWolfen(m): 10:00am On Nov 22, 2021
This is why I hate snakes. Even if one kept away from them they will find a way to your home. It doesn't make any sense.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Wannabenz: 10:00am On Nov 22, 2021
Someone planted that snake.

6 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by chudez0147(m): 10:01am On Nov 22, 2021
Shey if those snakes eaters start their own now you sympathize will start saying rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by gurujoe(m): 10:02am On Nov 22, 2021
Why not come to Nsukka & collect your snake medicine with 4 cola nut jar of wine& say bye bye to snake bite

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by FireRain: 10:03am On Nov 22, 2021
While using the loo this morning, the thought popped up in my brain "what if.." and I jumped up to check the WC before I resumed embarassed

This is so horrific. the pain, the fear of death staring at her and no swift assistance anywhere because who has antivenom handy in this Nigeria even most hospitals ... Rest in Peace Angel kiss

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Thunderfayayou: 10:03am On Nov 22, 2021
SEO2002:
A Nigerian lady in Abuja has been reportedly bitten and killed by a snake that hid in her WC. The snake bit her as she bent to urinate. We should be cautious of our homes and environment. Link to the video of the snake being pulled out below.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CWjc1RVDToN/?utm_medium=copy_link

Village People finally found her password and it's 26 days to Christmas cry cry cry
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Streetdreamx(m): 10:04am On Nov 22, 2021
This topic made me remember the story of EVE and the SERPENT under the APPLE tree Rip dear...
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by funshint(m): 10:04am On Nov 22, 2021
Lack of anti-venom in hospitals is what I think might have contributed to her death.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by studentofTruth: 10:04am On Nov 22, 2021
Grandmeister:
Even a black mamba's bite can afford you 20 minutes to get to the hospital (and we don't have black mamba here). This lady had about 30 minutes to one hour to get antivenom shots and live but she didn't get it. Either because
1. The hospitals didn't have any(or the appropriate antivenom shot)
2. She was being treated with traditional method while her window for survival was closing.

Was going through this thread searching for a reasonable comment like yours.

The story isn't complete. She couldn't have died on the spot. What was done after the snake bite matters a lot.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Cutehotnerd001: 10:05am On Nov 22, 2021
KillerBeauty:
New fear unlocked

As in eh...I bn wan go poo before I saw this news, now the shit no dey worry me again... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by tnerro1(m): 10:05am On Nov 22, 2021
Not using office toilet this month
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by selfdefence: 10:05am On Nov 22, 2021
Na wa, sad one, what a way to go
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by byteem: 10:06am On Nov 22, 2021
Please do the following

1. Ensure all drainages are properly sealed .. water outlet points especially suckerway
tops and toliet chambers and even broken toilet PVC pipes ( they tend to crack open over time and become an outlet for snakes to crawl in looking for food , as rats lurk mainly around those places.. 95% of the time that's how they end up in toilet ..if you are a tenant don't wait for landlord fix it your self . You Are the one at risk not landlord ..

2. Regularly fumigate surroundings

3.. Ensure to periodically pour concentrated hydrochloric acid or sniper ( or equivalent) mixed with bleach into drain points.. toilet bathroom, kitchen and all drain points..when it drains down ..it makes the pipes concentrated with toxic fumes which will kill all unwanted creatures in the pipes and stop them from crawling out .. it will also concentrate suckerway and kill all animals inside.. once u do you will notice smell of dead creatures for days . Do this at least once in 3months.. Try it and see

3. Pour sniper or equivalent with bleach you can also mix with petrol to make it more concentrated pour into toilet bowl and flush.. sometimes snakes stay in toilet bowl flusher..

4.. rather than clear grass which grows fast use grass killing chemicals they are cheap and kill grass for upto 3 months.

Keep drain pipes clean .. periodically pour sniper or equivalent into drainages. And use non reverse valves for all water outlets into gutter or at best put tyre tube . It allows water to go out but nothing can come in .

5. If u have a bushy land near u.. don't claim it's not yours and leave it to grow without control.. pour grass killing chemical on it .. they don't cost much..

Bitter kola . Cabard ( that one used by pan beaters) come in handy and anti snakes plants(tobacco and all) if you much have flowers and greenry in you pemised make do to plant them too . They work Use them well.. let's be safe . It's getting hot .. and its snake season

Keep your surroundings clean.. remove

34 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Rayd502(m): 10:07am On Nov 22, 2021
Oju4190:
I used to put a pinch of cabbage into my WC and fluch once a why.... With dat snake cannot hide inside it.....The odour of the cabbage is very irritating to snake that will what to habitat in the soakaaway.....Used to do it Twice or thrice a month.....Do this and thank me later.....A pinch oooo, nor go put many make Ur soakaaway nor go explode oooo

Cabbage or Carbide?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Testimony1988(m): 10:08am On Nov 22, 2021
Eyah, may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by 15Kaylord(m): 10:08am On Nov 22, 2021
Lala's pet causing havoc
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by otukpoyam(m): 10:11am On Nov 22, 2021
Please ensure that your soakaway is properly closed or sealed. Patch any openings o and important to make sure that d air vent is well closed with only small opening too small for snakes. Most of d snakes enter through d air vent

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) / US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Mentally Unstable Lady In Skimpy Outfit Causes A Scene In Owerri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.