Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate (88834 Views)

Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos / 50 Hospitalised After Eating Cow Bitten By Snake In South Africa / 9-Year-Old Girl Bitten To Death By A Cobra On Her Bed In Thailand (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Samunique(m): 10:11am On Nov 22, 2021
SEO2002:
grin grin(
Why you dey laff undecided
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Edusouls(m): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2021
Chai what an unpredictable and complex life we live in, person dey Im house kwa death dey toilet dey wait for am? Which kind life?

6 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Gianslayer: 10:15am On Nov 22, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Snake bite in the yansh can be tricky, how do one suck out the venom?
see wey you think go!!!
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by FarahAideed: 10:15am On Nov 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Thinking about it is scary as Bleep shocked

The Forest Cobra is one of the longest venomous snake, longest Cobra and one of the longest snake in the world.
Longer than the king Cobra?
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by nwanyiugbo122(f): 10:15am On Nov 22, 2021
So unfortunate. I'm always in the habit of checking WC, before using it,even my shoes self I will always check inside before I put my legs. Let's be cautious please.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by infogeneral: 10:15am On Nov 22, 2021
People should not just jump into conclusion that it was an strayed snake.
Try and read the article below, you'll understand that there may be some questions to ask.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/20/india/india-snake-cobra-murder-intl-hnk-dst/index.html
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by babsthegreat: 10:17am On Nov 22, 2021
Makschinchin:
Na wah oooo... Inside house kwa angry angry
scammer i once sent money for this kind of advert and nothing was sent to me.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by ElPayaso(m): 10:17am On Nov 22, 2021
From piss to peace
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by jaxxy(m): 10:18am On Nov 22, 2021
Funny nobody is asking how the silly animal got in there.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by ajog1: 10:18am On Nov 22, 2021
eldoradoxx:
Ensure your sewage tank is completely sealed and impenetrable by rodents and reptiles. Your sewage pipes empty inside the sewage tank and any opening will permit reptiles to crawl in and find their way into ur toilet. Outside an open sewage, snake has no place to enter ur toilet. As often as possible, empty sniper container in ur toilet and flush, if there is any reptile in ur sewage, that is a death sentence for it.
Can sniper kill snakes?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by God200(m): 10:18am On Nov 22, 2021
Nah aransi,ise awọn yeye ooooo..awọn iya mi osoro monga..eyin iya aje(witch)
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by IbileIfe: 10:19am On Nov 22, 2021
Snake bite does not kill instantly.
Failures to give emergency first aid and rush her to the nearest clinic or hospital killed her.

The carelessness of the residents of the house also caused the presence of snake in the toilet.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Odogwuskido(m): 10:19am On Nov 22, 2021
Too bad! shocked

Did the snake bite her in the buttocks or in her vulva as she bent down to pee? Just curious

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by asanausana91: 10:20am On Nov 22, 2021
Grandmeister:
Even a black mamba's bite can afford you 20 minutes to get to the hospital (and we don't have black mamba here). This lady had about 30 minutes to one hour to get antivenom shots and live but she didn't get it. Either because
1. The hospitals didn't have any(or the appropriate antivenom shot)
2. She was being treated with traditional method while her window for survival was closing.
the hospital contributed to her dead. Could you imagine that the doctor said he is waiting for key to open the drug store in a hospital like NAF HOSPITAL abuja? Is the door made up of gold that can't be broken to save life? You are watching somebody dieing but you are stupidly waiting for rubbish key. This girl decided to serve her country as a soldier, and some quack unprofessional doctors and nurses succeeded in killing her. We were together in Maiduguri for how many years and nothing happen to her until she reach abj . the chief of air staff should sanction all the people involved, starting from the hospital commander.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Ofadaman(m): 10:22am On Nov 22, 2021
Once bitten by a snake you have a time window before things gets bad, this is dependant on the strength of the venom.

On average it takes 10-15 minutes to get an anit-venom. 80% of hospitals do not have anti venom because it needs to be stored in a chill cold setting which most hospitals can't keep,plus because it's not a common occurrence, most medical center don't think it's a good business decision to warehouse anti venum.

This is why snake bites must be avoided at all cost, check your toilet, check your roofs, keep your environment spacious and clean, close up all holes in the Walls and pipes. Don't walk around in bushes or open roofs. Most poisonous snakes prefer chilled cozy places to stay because they are cold blooded reptiles.

Be careful out there guys

16 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by one4GOD(f): 10:22am On Nov 22, 2021
SEO2002:
A Nigerian lady in Abuja has been reportedly bitten and killed by a snake that hid in her WC. The snake bit her as she bent to urinate. We should be cautious of our homes and environment. Link to the video of the snake being pulled out below.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CWjc1RVDToN/?utm_medium=copy_link
e even though my area is not prone to that creepy things, but omo after reading on NL and Nahgeo wide I always check, even when there is no Nepa I use my phone light, just to be sure; life no geh duplicate.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by eldoradoxx: 10:25am On Nov 22, 2021
ajog1:

Can sniper kill snakes?
Why not, it kills human let alone snake. It even killed my cat several years ago. It did not even eat the sniper poison, it was locked up in a room where snipers of those days (can't say of nowadays ) was spread, it never survived the chokehold of the sniper.

7 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by excel101(m): 10:25am On Nov 22, 2021
I could imagine the pain she went through before finally giving up the ghost. Its advisable to often use Insecticides like IZALs in our toilets and kerosine sprinklings, because the smell sends them far. I believe she which would have survived if quickly attended to medically. Though we were not told if she sought for medical help or rushed an hospital on time.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by shantti(m): 10:25am On Nov 22, 2021
I wonder why someone will see a snake, catch it and then set it free into the forest. LIKE WHAT THE HELL. It pains me when i see all this snake activists saying that snakes are an endangered species. Of what use are snakes to mankind, of what use are snakes to the Eco system, don't tell me they help in keeping the rat population in check, cats can do that too. I support the killing of all snakes on Earth, I hate those damn creatures.
#killAllSnakesOnEarth

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Caboceer: 10:26am On Nov 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

Was going through this thread searching for a reasonable comment like yours.

The story isn't complete. She couldn't have died on the spot. What was done after the snake bite matters a lot.

Abeg forget

Cobra bite na death certificate for naija

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by deeva2: 10:29am On Nov 22, 2021
THIS IS SO SAD..RIP
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Faithful007: 10:29am On Nov 22, 2021
Grandmeister:
Even a black mamba's bite can afford you 20 minutes to get to the hospital (and we don't have black mamba here). This lady had about 30 minutes to one hour to get antivenom shots and live but she didn't get it. Either because
1. The hospitals didn't have any(or the appropriate antivenom shot)
2. She was being treated with traditional method while her window for survival was closing.
Even more than that. Hardly does a snake bite kill under 3 hours.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by frowland(m): 10:32am On Nov 22, 2021
Pinkyposh:
How did the snake get there?
May her soul rest in peace

I will answer this question.
You see, there are times people build houses and abandon it for few months due to lack of funds or some unforseen circumstances.

That man-hole are best places for rat, frogs and snakes to hide from construction workers.
You have come across posts on NL of people killing snakes on sites right?
Problem begins when construction work resumes and these reptiles are trapped in those chambers.

It id just a matter of time before they make their way to exit channels which happens to be the water system as all other holes like the kitchen sink and bathtubs are closed.

Reptiles can survive a year without food, so they can stay in that manhole as long as possible until they see an exit point.

It's not just snakes that emerge from these toilets spaces but amphibians like frogs and toads, lizards and so fort.

Those upstairs are usually lucky, as the reptiles can't navigate the smooth height of a pipe.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Kingstanding: 10:35am On Nov 22, 2021
Pinkyposh:
How did the snake get there?
. The snake might be in the septic tank then came through the pipe link to closet.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by femshadrach(m): 10:40am On Nov 22, 2021
Uhnmmmmm
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by ariesbull: 10:40am On Nov 22, 2021

We are in a hot season..... Snakes need cold places and wc is one

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by EgunMogaji2: 10:41am On Nov 22, 2021
eldoradoxx:
Ensure your sewage tank is completely sealed and impenetrable by rodents and reptiles. Your sewage pipes empty inside the sewage tank and any opening will permit reptiles to crawl in and find their way into ur toilet. Outside an open sewage, snake has no place to enter ur toilet. As often as possible, empty sniper container in ur toilet and flush, if there is any reptile in ur sewage, that is a death sentence for it.

I’ve thought about this and I’m thinking maybe that may drive them up from the soakaway to the WC.

Any thoughts?

3 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by hammer567: 10:41am On Nov 22, 2021
NA SO DAT YANSH TAKE END UP WITH OGA SNAKE, AFTER ALL THE SHAKARA?

THE YANSH BELONG TO MR SNAKE
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Loreettaa: 10:42am On Nov 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Thinking about it is scary as Bleep shocked

The Forest Cobra is one of the longest venomous snake, longest Cobra and one of the longest snake in the world.
Was it a forest cobra that bit her?
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by WibusJaga: 10:42am On Nov 22, 2021

I don't believe this story.
Infact I don't believe everything I see on social media.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Loreettaa: 10:43am On Nov 22, 2021
hammer567:
NA SO DAT YANSH TAKE END UP WITH OGA SNAKE, AFTER ALL THE SHAKARA?

THE YANSH BELONG TO MR SNAKE
Drop the weed.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) / US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Mentally Unstable Lady In Skimpy Outfit Causes A Scene In Owerri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.