Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate (88833 Views)

Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos / 50 Hospitalised After Eating Cow Bitten By Snake In South Africa / 9-Year-Old Girl Bitten To Death By A Cobra On Her Bed In Thailand (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by redsun(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
Maobichek:

Can a snake live in a toilet sokaway through which it can enter the toilet via toilet pipes? All sokaways are well covered with blocks/cement, how can a snake survive there? I asked because the toilet i saw in this thread is not village toilet but well equipped/morden toilet.

There is usually a hole somewhere that is big enough for slimy snakes to sneeze through. Even in advanced countries with well-paved and well-channelled lavatory systems, there are common incidents where escaped pet snakes are found in other peoples toilets.

We are up against nature all the time and the best way to keep on top of it is to always be one step ahead. Especially in an unstructured, lawless and dangerous country like Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by MartinsD12(m): 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
SEO2002:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y8EubYaj4Y

A Nigerian lady in Abuja has been reportedly bitten and killed by a snake that hid in her WC. The snake bit her as she bent to urinate. We should be cautious of our homes and environment. Link to the video of the snake being pulled out below.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CWjc1RVDToN/?utm_medium=copy_link
Too bad , Little things like fumigation could have saved her Life , there are snake repellent spray too, I think that compound might be near a bush, this snake is too Long, but I think snake bite is curable or maybe she didn't seek medical attention on time. Never live in a bushy environment, never lay soaker away piles and soaker pit near bushes

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Maobichek: 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
redsun:

There is usually a hole somewhere that is big enough for slimy snakes to sneeze through. Even in advanced countries with well-paved and well-channelled lavatory systems, there are common incidents where escaped pet snakes are found in other peoples toilets.

We are up against nature all the time and the best way to keep on top of it is to always be one step ahead. Especially in an unstructured, lawless and dangerous country like Nigeria.

Please tamper justice with mercy; you nearly finished our "dear" country.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by HoluwaKoDeD(m): 2:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
She wasn't attended to... She drove herself to the nearest hospital... It's just so sad

Grandmeister:
Even a black mamba's bite can afford you 20 minutes to get to the hospital (and we don't have black mamba here). This lady had about 30 minutes to one hour to get antivenom shots and live but she didn't get it. Either because
1. The hospitals didn't have any(or the appropriate antivenom shot)
2. She was being treated with traditional method while her window for survival was closing.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Oju4190: 3:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
Labadi69:

E be like say your brain dey on break time when you dey type this none sense. So you think the odour of cabbage will survive inside soak away with all types of strong yamayama shit inside? Besides, if snake enter soak away and then WC, do you think it is intentionally staying there or it got lost? What type of human beings do we have on this Nairaland? angry
well the kind of human beans we have here is homoserpent
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by redsun(m): 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
Maobichek:

Please tamper justice with mercy; you nearly finished our "dear" country.

What's is playing out there is a clear case of adaptation or extinction, and It's the same as the narrow and rugged way to heaven as against the open and smooth way as stated in the Bible.

You have to make a choice
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Hkff: 3:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
How come
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Cheeryfeet: 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
AlhajiNatty:
Choi!
Another thousand way to die. This time, it is through the favorite of Lalasticlala. What a pity.
Can't imagine a snake biting my akpa ife while doing my business. Ah!!
That's why I always flush before use, it has become instinctual, just went into one few minutes ago before reading this, entered the first one to use but it didn't flush, I left it to the second one, which did flush before I went on to do my thing, only to come here to read this
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by prophetfire: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
jospepper:
RIP to the dead and fortitude to the family.

But how did the snake get into the WC?
It usually occur when there's a hole through which the snake enter the soak-away tank outside or the pipes outside are broken or the septic chamber outside is broken. The snake now crawls from the tank or any of the other ways into the W/C through the pipe connected to it. It can now hide under the sides if it's a small one on in the discharge pipe or simply curl up inside the place. Any unfortunate person that tries to use the W/C will be bitten by it. It can even crawl out of the W/C and enter the house.
A precaution is to check the WC before use, always have light on. FORM A HABIT OF POURING KEROSENE INSIDE YOUR WC FROM TIME TO TIME.
WITH THIS MEASURE THE SNAKE CAN'T COME NEAR BECAUSE THE ODOUR OF KEROSENE SCARS IT AWAY. I HEARD THAT POURING SIZABLE QUANTITY OF SALT WORKS TOO.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Grandmeister(m): 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
HoluwaKoDeD:
She wasn't attended to... She drove herself to the nearest hospital... It's just so sad

The chances of the nearest hospital to you of having antivenom shots for atleast 3 venomous snakes in the city or village is 20% and I'm being generous here.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by walesoflyf(m): 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2021
Pinkyposh:
How did the snake get there?
May her soul rest in peace

I swear oil dey your head... That was the same question I was about to ask.. Honestly grin

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by 1EmmyKay: 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
So Sed, this is a lady I know, shes close friends with my elder sis, they attended same college. She gave birth like a year or two ago. Aunty Bercy RIP.

1 Like

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Maobichek: 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
redsun:

What's is playing out there is a clear case of adaptation or extinction, and It's the same as the narrow and rugged way to heaven as against the open and smooth way as stated in the Bible.

You have to make a choice

You are somewhat correct okay,at this juncture, i bow to you postulation.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Coolgent(m): 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2021
Grandmeister:
Even a black mamba's bite can afford you 20 minutes to get to the hospital (and we don't have black mamba here). This lady had about 30 minutes to one hour to get antivenom shots and live but she didn't get it. Either because
2. She was being treated with traditional method while her window for survival was closing.

Yeah.
The issue here is how many hospitals in Nigeria can treat snake bite under 1 hour?
Infact you can't even reach must hospital in 3omins

Please enlightening us how snake can get into WC
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Odogwu70: 5:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
ediko5:
Nairaland "Snake Rights Activists" your relative "snake" has killed innocent human in her home, yet some serpents are jumping around Nairaland condemning the killing of snakes.

To me a war of extinction should be declared on all serpents except to ones in thick forests.

This is an ugly story i must confess but can i say, we just have to be cautious. This is not a scene one has to experience one bit.
Meanwhile there is a plot of land in Choba extension selling at a give away price by my elder brother with all the documents complete and available.
Hit me up here: 07015604257
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Loveknitting: 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
asanausana91:
the hospital contributed to her dead. Could you imagine that the doctor said he is waiting for key to open the drug store in a hospital like NAF HOSPITAL abuja? Is the door made up of gold that can't be broken to save life? You are watching somebody dieing but you are stupidly waiting for rubbish key. This girl decided to serve her country as a soldier, and some quack unprofessional doctors and nurses succeeded in killing her. We were together in Maiduguri for how many years and nothing happen to her until she reach abj . the chief of air staff should sanction all the people involved, starting from the hospital commander.

This is just heartbroken
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Makschinchin: 6:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
babsthegreat:

scammer i once sent money for this kind of advert and nothing was sent to me.

So because you did a biz with a "scammer" that went wrong, that's why you have the impetus to call someone you don't even know nor seen a scammer angry angry Did you do any business with me?? Bros park well o and let me do my business in peace!!! No use your reggae take spoil my blues.. This is not the first time I'm doing business here, so avoid me oooo
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Champneys: 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dan Allah! shocked
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by cmecproblem(m): 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2021
Once in a while pour bleach or other strong chemicals down your toilet. It'll even help to reduce mosquito.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
Too bad
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by showafrica(m): 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
Grandmeister:

Yes probably was bitten in the midnight.. Ignorance might have killed her, she could have visited the hospital that night. We have black mamba here, the black tongue demon, every snake bite should be treated with urgency though, here in UAR hunger and terrorism is more pressing issue than snake bite. Probably, anti venom was no where to be found. A shithole damnable republic will disappoint you when you list expect it.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by rainlover(m): 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
Chaii! It's very saddening
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Champneys: 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Lala see what your family member has done?

Gbogbo yin onikuuure one by one

Lalastical where are you? Onikuuuure, come outside angry angry angry angry
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by virgintunde(m): 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
village people are so wicked. rip
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Newbielearner(m): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
byteem:
Please do the following

1. Ensure all drainages are properly sealed .. water outlet points especially suckerway
tops and toliet chambers and even broken toilet PVC pipes ( they tend to crack open over time and become an outlet for snakes to crawl in looking for food , as rats lurk mainly around those places.. 95% of the time that's how they end up in toilet ..if you are a tenant don't wait for landlord fix it your self . You Are the one at risk not landlord ..

2. Regularly fumigate surroundings

3.. Ensure to periodically pour concentrated hydrochloric acid or sniper ( or equivalent) mixed with bleach into drain points.. toilet bathroom, kitchen and all drain points..when it drains down ..it makes the pipes concentrated with toxic fumes which will kill all unwanted creatures in the pipes and stop them from crawling out .. it will also concentrate suckerway and kill all animals inside.. once u do you will notice smell of dead creatures for days . Do this at least once in 3months.. Try it and see

3. Pour sniper or equivalent with bleach you can also mix with petrol to make it more concentrated pour into toilet bowl and flush.. sometimes snakes stay in toilet bowl flusher..

4.. rather than clear grass which grows fast use grass killing chemicals they are cheap and kill grass for upto 3 months.

Keep drain pipes clean .. periodically pour sniper or equivalent into drainages. And use non reverse valves for all water outlets into gutter or at best put tyre tube . It allows water to go out but nothing can come in .

5. If u have a bushy land near u.. don't claim it's not yours and leave it to grow without control.. pour grass killing chemical on it .. they don't cost much..

Bitter kola . Cabard ( that one used by pan beaters) come in handy and anti snakes plants(tobacco and all) if you much have flowers and greenry in you pemised make do to plant them too . They work Use them well.. let's be safe . It's getting hot .. and its snake season

Keep your surroundings clean.. remove

This was a very helpful information.
Thank you.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by humberjade: 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2021
jospepper:
RIP to the dead and fortitude to the family.

But how did the snake get into the WC?

Through the soak away

1 Like

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by favour32(m): 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2021
A little torch light will save y9ur life.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by authority2006(m): 10:16pm On Nov 22, 2021
eldoradoxx:
Ensure your sewage tank is completely sealed and impenetrable by rodents and reptiles. Your sewage pipes empty inside the sewage tank and any opening will permit reptiles to crawl in and find their way into ur toilet. Outside an open sewage, snake has no place to enter ur toilet. As often as possible, empty sniper container in ur toilet and flush, if there is any reptile in ur sewage, that is a death sentence for it.

Well, it was reported that it killed a corper who tried to use it to kill headlices
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by authority2006(m): 10:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
eldoradoxx:
Why not, it kills human let alone snake. It even killed my cat several years ago. It did not even eat the sniper poison, it was locked up in a room where snipers of those days (can't say of nowadays ) was spread, it never survived the chokehold of the sniper.

Still the same, highly potent
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Househelp(m): 11:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
Oju4190:
I used to put a pinch of carbad into my WC and fluch once a why.... With dat snake cannot hide inside it.....The odour of the cabbad is very irritating to snake that will what to habitat in the soakaaway.....Used to do it Twice or thrice a month.....Do this and thank me later.....A pinch oooo, nor go put many make Ur soakaaway nor go explode oooo
how do we get carbad to buy
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by dontrulee: 12:42am On Nov 23, 2021
Have been aware about snakes hiding in the WC since I was about ten years old. Snakes generally like to hide in cool, damp, wet areas. Always check your WC before use, flush before use also. It can safe your life one day.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Bamzyriches451: 3:19am On Nov 23, 2021
Kill this crawling modafucker anywhere you see it, don't spare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) / US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Mentally Unstable Lady In Skimpy Outfit Causes A Scene In Owerri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.