Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,101 members, 7,835,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? (17503 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / His Friend And His Wife Are Having An Affair! / Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by paraphase(m): 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2011
wink
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by LadyT(f): 8:18pm On Jun 09, 2011
tellwisdom:

Please expanciate, What were you insinuating here madam??

She seemed hellbent on telling her husband because its driving her crazy and Im just telling her she cant expect him to forgive her forget and not make noise.

yes her conscience will be free but theres one hell of a chance that will be the end of their marriage and cause her serious disgrace.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by ronkebp(f): 8:19pm On Jun 09, 2011
I wonder what the 'stress' about the husband getting angry and probably working out of the relationship, if he does that because the wife confessed to him, then he is the biggest fool, why the woman no vex commot for house, i know say, na because she herself is in the same game, that is why the matter of him cheating died down like that.meanwhile, e dey love-vendor another woman of two, outside his matrimonial home, abeg, I strongly believe that she should tell him, instead of living a lie with her hubby, if heaven wan fall make e fall,
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 8:20pm On Jun 09, 2011
paraphase:

[/b]

Yes you are right but at most times there is need to be careful and selective on what we learn and who we learn from.i mean advice from people like monkeyleg could harm one's live for eternity.

[b]Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa . . .  that one is serious then, but if you think about what he/she is saying too, some people cant handle keeping secret, it eventually eat them up so bad . . . .  but just that the person might have to go to www.keepsecretforlive.itisgoodforyou.dontbedumb.org  tongue, especially if it will hurt the other person
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 8:20pm On Jun 09, 2011
ronkebp:

I wonder what the 'stress' about the husband getting angry and probably working out of the relationship, if he does that because the wife confessed to him, then he is the biggest fool, why the woman no vex commot for house, i know say, na because she herself is in the same game, that is why the matter of him cheating died down like that.meanwhile, e dey love-vendor another woman of two, outside his matrimonial home, abeg, I strongly believe that she should tell him, instead of living a lie with her hubby, if heaven wan fall make e fall,

Cos as sad as it may sounds , , , , Women have made men to think they can do it and get away with it, while women have to be punished when they do it.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by vislabraye(m): 8:23pm On Jun 09, 2011
@poster said she doesnt like her husband again. And I begin to wonder, did she ever like him b4 ?

What attracted them 2geda in de 1st place?  Everything is about emotions. Just find a way to fix things up. . .
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by monkeyleg: 8:24pm On Jun 09, 2011
paraphase:

Monkeyleg is the most annoying human being on this thread .Please stop telling her to tell her husband mehn. Things you cant even do yourself,how i wish i can remove those fingers you use in typing the most silly post on internet.I will kick my wife(whom i love so much) out of my house if she confesses she cheated on me.I think you should go and sleep becos you are not making any sense.

@parapahse, I really dont give a shiet what you think of my post. You can Fhuck your brothers wife and conceal it cos no one needs to know and everyone is happy
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Mayoress: 8:26pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ fhemmy u are really talking sense. It not easy jare.

@ minx, if ur hubby is like mine, pls don't tell him now that d whole thing is fresh for both of u. Break up with dis ur so called sexy man- he's a thief, he only av feelings for c**t and u are not d only one he's sleeping with. Then go ahead and settle with God, u owe HIM that. After dis too important things, u av to fight for ur marriage. Imagine when u first met ur husband, imagine the all the good things u've done together and stop thinking about what he's doing wrong. If u dwell on the bitter part of ur marriage, u will automatically end this in divorce. Marriage is for two forgivers. When God sees that u av sincerely repented, then He will handover the heart of ur husband to u and u will turn him over to God by the time he has the fear of God in him then u can start d process of telling him. I av a book i bought for just 500naira, if u don't mind sending me ur mailing address, i'll send u a copy. The book is very good. send ur mailing address to mayoressacc@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 09, 2011
@OP
what a mess.  sorry to hear this.

your very first step is to cut off the guy you are having an affair with.  do it now, regardless of whether or not your marriage survives this.

your second step needs to be to figure out what you want.  your husband wants to work it out; do you?  you can't just say you want to work it out because he wants to.  you have to want to be in that marriage, too.  the key to answering that question for yourself is answering honestly why after 7 years together and 4 years of marriage, you don't want him to touch you.  you really messed up there because you should have started opening up to him as soon as you had those feelings.  if i had to guess, that's probably what led to his affair, which then led you to yours.  both of you guys failed to communicate to each other, and that's the key if you want to fix this.

as for whether or not to tell your husband about the affair, i go back and forth.  i think it depends on a couple of things:
1. the person you were cheating on him with-he sounds VERY manipulative, and from what you wrote sounds like the kind of person who would spill the beans.  does this guy know your husband? do they have mutual friends besides you? has he told anyone to your knowledge about sleeping with you? if the answer to any of these is yes, then you better tell your husband.
2. do you want to stay in this marriage? if you don't, let sleeping dogs lie.  carry that secret with you to the grave.  if you do, and the answer to the questions above are no, then i would keep that secret to myself.

if you haven't told your pastor, DON'T, unless you know you can trust him with your life.  take that confession to God directly, ask for forgiveness and forgive yourself.  but if you keep sleeping with that man, then you can forget all of this.  you must cut him off 100% if you want a chance at saving this marriage.

good luck.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by logica(m): 8:29pm On Jun 09, 2011
For the women competing with men, continue and you'll end up pissing on your hands like women who want to piss like men do. When (not if) the marriage breaks up, the woman is still the bigger loser (hopefully this is happening in Nigeria and not the US or UK or any of those sorry places where men will be scared to divorce a whoring wife). Take it or leave it.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by andyanders: 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2011
You people are just sick. You re possessed with the spirit of lust and likewise your husband. You need deliverance and your husband also has. Disclosing this to him will not help matters rather for you to remove this sinful act by both of you, you need God. Therefore, I suggest you go to SCOAN ' The Synagogue Church of All Nations” for deliverance and God will set you free so that you can appreciate each other.

If you just disclose this to your husband, you wouldn’t know how he will feel. If this is disclosed by the man of God, he will know how to counsel you people and pray for you people. If you have DSTV, watch Emmanuel TV and you will see things happing there. Good luck
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by monkeyleg: 8:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
I think people are missing one crucial point here. We are all assuming that husband is a monster and is to blame, nobody has heard the other side of the story. It might change everything.

Like I have maintained ultimately decision lies with Poster, she knows what drove her into her affair and why she wants her marriage back.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2011
logica:

For the women competing with men, continue and you'll end up pissing on your hands like women who want to piss like men do. When (not if) the marriage breaks up, the woman is still the bigger loser (hopefully this is happening in Nigeria and not the US or UK or any of those sorry places where men will be scared to divorce a whoring wife). Take it or leave it.

It is sad when i see a man talking like this.
In any divorce the man is the biggest loser.
Yes, in Africa the man chase the woman out and the kids suffer and all that, but that dont make the man a better man
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by paraphase(m): 8:40pm On Jun 09, 2011
wink
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by AjoMmuo: 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ Op, I seriously believe that monkeyleg was more rational than most of the other guys here. YOU SHOULD TELL YOUR HUSBAND and live with the consequences of your infidelity, pure and simple. I am not judging you and  truly I will forgive my wife or girlfriend if she truly confesses to me and departs from her infidelity.

Note, by not telling him, you are deciding for him. Tell him and if he chooses to forgive and remain married then that would be his choice not yours. He confessed to you and you have decided to forgive him and stay married to him. Give him the same option. Have you ever heard of information asymmetry? Whenever you withhold vital information from your spouse or anybody for that matter, you are making a decision for them. If you want your hubby back and your family together, give the guy updated info and live with whatever comes out it. That is a sincere and  honorable thing to do. In any case, if you do not confess to him, you have a higher predilection to fall back into the hands of your eagerly awaiting lover boy.

My two kobo and let the chips fall where they may!!!
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
paraphase:

and see where you are directing the issue.who is talking about fhucking his brothers wife. She said she doesnt want to lose her husband and she is not ready for a divorce(cant you get it dumbest a.s.s?).she is ready to make her marriage work again. Telling her husband brings the possibility of the marriage success to 0%. I dont even know if you are a man or woman,I bet you cant tell your gay partner you cheated on him.
grin

That is a serious one
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by mallorca(m): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
women will never change
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by paraphase(m): 8:47pm On Jun 09, 2011
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2011
mallorca:

women will never change

And do the men expect women to change before the man has to change?
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by hooklover: 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2011
na wa oh wonders shall never end. So u bleep outside marriage, for the slightest marriage , God go help we men oh u c wetin young babes go dey reason, its a normal thing we can do it and conceal it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but one day monkey go go market e no go come back,

when u say he was crying and sobing then u agreed for him to perfom cleansing [/b]on u, i laugh cos its clear that u reason with ur [b]p.u.s.sY NOT UR HEAD AND SEX IS UR MAIN MOTIVATIONS, IF I HAD A CANE I WOULD HAVE GIVEN U 20 STROKES OF THE CANE SO U CAN REASON WITH UR HEAD [/b]ALWAYS.

IN ANY CASE ALOT OF LADIES REASON THI[b]S WAY AND BLAME IT ON THE CRYING AND SOBING OF THE gUY.

BUT TIME WILL EXPOSE ALL OF THEM ONE BY ONE,

WELL THEY SAY A WOMANS MIND IS LIKE A DEEP OCEAN FULL OF MANY DIRTY SECRETS, I KNOW MANY LADIES READING THIS ARE GUILTY OF THIS/

CONFESS TO UR HUSBAND AND GET A GOOD START ELSE UR PRAYERS WILL BE HINDERED AND LIFE MAY BECOME DIFFICULT FOR BOTH OF U.

VERY IMPORTAND IF U GO TO CHURCH ELSE U JUST WARMING THE CHAIRS COS U ARE A STUMBLING BLOCK TO UR HUSBAND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

IF U IGNORE THIS ADVISE  PREPARE FOR DIFFICULT TIME AHEAD ,MONEY WISE AND FAMILWISE, .CONFESS CONFESS CONFESS
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2011
paraphase:

Its more than serious,its monkey leg we are talking about here  grin

It is not real that bad
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2011
hooklover:

na wa oh wonders shall never end. So u bleep outside marriage, for the slightest marriage , God go help we men oh u c wetin young babes go dey reason, its a normal thing we can do it and conceal it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but one day monkey go go market e no go come back,

when u say he was crying and sobing then u agreed for him to perfom cleansing [/b]on u, i laugh cos its clear that u reason with your [b]p.u.s.sY NOT your HEAD AND SEX IS your MAIN MOTIVATIONS, IF I HAD A CANE I WOULD HAVE GIVEN U 20 STROKES OF THE CANE SO U CAN REASON WITH your HEAD [/b]ALWAYS.

IN ANY CASE ALOT OF LADIES REASON THI[b]S WAY AND BLAME IT ON THE CRYING AND SOBING OF THE gUY.

BUT TIME WILL EXPOSE ALL OF THEM ONE BY ONE,

WELL THEY SAY A WOMANS MIND IS LIKE A DEEP OCEAN FULL OF MANY DIRTY SECRETS, I KNOW MANY LADIES READING THIS ARE GUILTY OF THIS/

CONFESS TO your HUSBAND AND GET A GOOD START ELSE your PRAYERS WILL BE HINDERED AND LIFE MAY BECOME DIFFICULT FOR BOTH OF U.

VERY IMPORTAND IF U GO TO CHURCH ELSE U JUST WARMING THE CHAIRS COS U ARE A STUMBLING BLOCK TO your HUSBAND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

IF U IGNORE THIS ADVISE  PREPARE FOR DIFFICULT TIME AHEAD ,MONEY WISE AND FAMILWISE, .CONFESS CONFESS CONFESS

if she confess and the man beat her up and kick her out, would u take her in
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by logica(m): 8:51pm On Jun 09, 2011
Fhemmmy:

It is sad when i see a man talking like this.
In any divorce the man is the biggest loser.
Yes, in Africa the man chase the woman out and the kids suffer and all that, but that dont make the man a better man

Sad for who? You I guess. Whether he's a better man or not, as long as he comes out in better shape. So go ahead and piss on your hand.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2011
logica:

Sad for who? You I guess. Whether he's a better man or not, as long as he comes out in better shape. So go ahead and piss on your hand.

A man is not any better than the woman, nor the woman better than the man, we are all same
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by monkeyleg: 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2011
@Ajo Mmuo,

Thank you. The whole thing is already so messed up, yet some are suggesting more lies and deceit and they hope at the end of that lies a successful happy marriage. A marriage built on lies and deceit will fail. Simple and short
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by paraphase(m): 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2011
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2011
paraphase:

maybe we need to counsel the poster to confess and be prepared to move in with MONKEYLEG

has he said he wanna have the OP
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by LadyT(f): 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2011
There is way too much holier than thou going on in this topic.

I really think you are being unrealistic Monkeyleg all this truth truth truth.

I really dont think the best solution is to go about blabbing without thinking.  She knows her husband best and she knows the situation she is in.  

Its ok for a man to have an affair it doesnt destroy them or their families infact if a woman makes too much noise they will tell her to sit down and shut up.

Now if a woman has an affair God save her she will be disgraced sent packing and have her life made hell.

Even if she tells him, now is not the right time she should solve the issues they have now before saying "oh by the way I have been haing mindblowing sex for months"
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2011
LadyT:

There is way too much holier than thou going on in this topic.

I really think you are being unrealistic Monkeyleg all this truth truth truth.

I really dont think the best solution is to go about blabbing without thinking.  She knows her husband best and she knows the situation she is in.  

Its ok for a man to have an affair it doesnt destroy them or their families infact if a woman makes too much noise they will tell her to sit down and shut up.

Now if a woman has an affair God save her she will be disgraced sent packing and have her life made hell.

Even if she tells him, now is not the right time she should solve the issues they have now before saying "oh by the way I have been haing mindblowing sex for months"

Word of wisdom
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Leyelyzo: 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2011
This is a serious issue, i pray God help u. Hweva, marriages sud be built on love, trust and sincerity if not, it will collapes eventually. So be sincere with him so dat u will not only be postponing d evil day
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by logica(m): 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2011
Fhemmmy:

A man is not any better than the woman, nor the woman better than the man, we are all same
If we are all the same, how come you don't have a d.i.c.k and I got one? That's your assignment for the weekend. Go figure (it out).
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nekai(f): 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2011
Minx,

You stated that your feelings for your husband dwindled away after you went through a miscarriage. There is the root of your problem. You probably feel that your husband didn't grieve as you did, and the thought that he doesn't care about the loss of the pregnancy/child is repulsive to you.

Know that men and women grieve differently. It could have very much affected him as deeply as it did you. You both are harboring resentment towards each other concerning the loss of the pregnancy. It's sad that you both have allowed it to tear your marriage apart. Is anyone thinking about your seven year old? The selfish response to the situation by the both of you is most definitely affecting your ability to co-parent this child.

My advice would be to keep your mouth shut about the affair (especially since he didn't volunteer the info about his own affair). Tell your husband that you forgive him and tell him that you haven't been yourself recently. Open up about the feelings you have surrounding his reaction to the miscarriage. Tell him how you feel or felt without accusing or pointing fingers to him. Remember your feelings are due in part to perceptions that may or may not be really true. I think that he will respond positively.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

GAY LOVE: Man, 95 Marries 67 Year Old Man Lover With Kisses (PHOTOS) / Wife Makes Hurtful Comments (curses?) To Me. What To Do? / What Is The Funniest Thing You Did When You Were Still A Child??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.