Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? (17467 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / His Friend And His Wife Are Having An Affair! / Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2011
ocelot2006:

What happened to the sacred institution called marriage shocked ?, Lord help us,

No one is perfect
The beginning of healing is her acknowledgement that she has messed up
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by feminineA: 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ poster, am going to be very frank with you. The point yot missed it was when you lost intrest in ur husband. Truth b told he noticed it and he also startf losing intrest in you. Marriage is not a bed of roses it com with its thongs that we have to cope with. Since you want ur mariage back, u must be ready to fight 4 it and it starts with breakn away 4rm the guy u re sleeping with. dont let him use his fake emotions to ruin you. Break away totally from him then you 2 need to talk. I feel u you and ur husband started on the wrong note. Talk it out, everything become vulnerable with each other and confess bt let him know itz over. If u think itz beta to keep the affair secret you should know dat every hidden sin wil b out in the public and am sure you know there is a God up there watching you. You must b ready to make your mariage work. A woman has the ability to build and destroy her home. You must rebuild the trust btw u bt 1st confes. Your husband is ready, i want you to be ready too and do everything prayerfuly The Lord wil help you.

1 Like

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2011
I can imagine the fake 'righteousness' with which you would have been barking at your husband "you mean you've been cheating on me, you're such a dog!" and if it were in Europe or America, you would have started talking to a divorce lawyer about how to grab half of his net worth!

Look, I despise you people more and more everyday. More often than not, it is the man who gets caught and it is he who gets to apologize to a woman whose dirty exploits he knows nothing about. And the filthy woman would have the nerve to act all righteous and feign the victim - 'faithful' wife whose husband has betrayed. I've seen and heard FAR too many cases of this; that's why to my mind, ya'll are guilty until proven innocent.

Concerning your situation, I doubt that you would be honourable enough to do the RIGHT thing: Confess your own harlotry to him too, and thereafter you guys can take an appropriate decision together. However, if I could talk to the hapless man who calls you wife, I'd tell him in very clear terms to kick you out of his house/life right away. The fickleness of most of you women never cease to amaze me. You'd force a man to marry you, and then a few years down the line you'd open your confused mouth to say poo like: "along the line I lost interest in him"; "I would cringe if he touches me". Gosh, some (or most) husbands do have em'.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Roland17(m): 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2011
if he was bold and courageous enough to confess and seek apology from you, why feel inferior? go ahead and do same thing, especially if you want peace of mind, which i can assure you money can't buy. the longer you take and time passes, the worse you are making conditions,
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 5:27pm On Jun 09, 2011
^^^ Ummmmm
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by logica(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2011
Your marriage is 4 years old; but you had a child - 7 years old. OK, so you were "forced" to marry because of the child. No wonder. You were not ready for marriage (and I doubt that you are marriage material).
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2011
Roland17:

if he was bold and courageous enough to confess and seek apology from you, why feel inferior? go ahead and do same thing, especially if you want peace of mind, which i can assure you money can't buy. the longer you take and time passes, the worse you are making conditions,

We know it is easy to forgive a cheating husband in Nigeria than a cheating wife
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by JUO(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2011
oh

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Iysayah(m): 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2011
na wao, where my gun at? to a woman that does such to me.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
Iysayah:

Will she be allowed to do same to you, if you cheat on her too?
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
the married for 4yrs and pikin of 7yrs,is wat I don't understand. did you have the child out of wedlock? abi is this one of the numerous ''wale adenuga production'' super story(we r like a pencil in the hands of our creator) we have seen on NLD?
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by IyaBasira: 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
monkeyleg:

@IyaBasira,

I think it is unfair to take a stand without hearing the other side of the story, and we may never. Infidelity in marriage is a serious issue, and I dont believe in concealing these things. It has happend and both parties must face up to the consequence. That is the only way in my opinion that the root cause can be known at healing can begin

I dont care about the other side of the story. I'm not going to be perfect and you are not going to be perfect, but we bloody took vows to forsake all others.

As far as i am concerned, there is only one reason why a man should cheat on me. And that reason is if i have cheated on him first.

If I did no such thing, then he has no excuse. At least the poster took her business elsewhere. He slept with a family FRIEND.

The reason why I said he is a jerk is because he probably cannot say that he never slept with anyone while he was single. And yet he has the nerve to throw it in her face that she has slept with other men. Abeeeegi I no like dat kain thing. Nigerian man and their wretched double standards.
If he was a virgin when he met her, then yes I can understand his insecurity. But if not then please he needs to get over himself.

Also, I don't know if you read my post well because I never said she should conceal it. I said I wouldn't bother tying to make that relationship work, and even if I did, I would tell him the truth. That was what i was trying to say.

~Minx~:

@ Iyabasira,

I hear what you are saying about the truth but i don't have any guarantee that he will accept it and forgive me, what if he doesn't? What then?

Yes I was wrong I shouldn't have been involved with the other guy at all but it just happened, I didn't plan for it to happen and I sincerely regret it but I don't think telling him is going to make things any easier.

Thats why I said u and I are different. grin I prefer to cut my losses and move on. But then I am single and this is obviously a marriage that you are talking about, which makes it a more serious issue. You obviously want to try and make things work and that's fine.  All I am asking is for you to be prepared because he may just find out one of these days. Ermmm,  sorry I need to ask. Have you figured out whose infidelity came first?
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 5:36pm On Jun 09, 2011
IyaBasira:

I dont care about the other side of the story. I'm not going to be perfect and you are not going to be perfect, but we bloody took vows to forsake all others.

As far as i am concerned, there is only one reason why a man should cheat on me. And that reason is if i have cheated on him first.

If I did no such thing, then he has no excuse. At least the poster took her business elsewhere. He slept with a family FRIEND.

The reason why I said he is a jerk is because he probably cannot say that he never slept with anyone while he was single. And yet he has the nerve to throw it in her face that she has slept with other men. Abeeeegi I no like dat kain thing. Nigerian man and their wretched double standards.
If he was a virgin when he met her, then yes I can understand his insecurity. But if not then please he needs to get over himself.

Also, I don't know if you read my post well because I never said she should conceal it. I said I wouldn't bother tying to make that relationship work, and even if I did, I would tell him the truth. That was what i was trying to say.

Thats why I said u and I are different. grin I prefer to cut my losses and move on. But then I am single and this is obviously a marriage that you are talking about, which makes it a more serious issue. You obviously want to try and make things work and that's fine.  All I am asking is for you to be prepared because he may just find out one of these days. Ermmm,  sorry I need to ask. Have you figured out whose infidelity came first?

From her story, seems like she started it
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Iysayah(m): 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Will she be allowed to do same to you, if you cheat on her too?
of course, if she's gat the guts to do it why not grin. we pout the gun where we can both see it. fully loaded. I cant imagine living with the horrible memory of what another man has done to my prized possession! angry.
reminds me of the movie-Best man. I go kill person!

1 Like

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Minx1: 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2011
FYI I am not Nigerian, just came to this forum because I have seen really good advice here previously

About whose fidelity came first I am not sure at the moment. And my husband only apologised after I had seen raunchy messages and unexplained credit card transactions. He didn't even confess as such until I cornered him and threatened to go to the woman's house to make a scene. It's not like he just came up and opened up.

Yes we had a child outside marriage but we got married afterwards.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
Iysayah:

of course, if she's gat the guts to do it why not grin. we pout the gun where we can both see it. fully loaded. I cant imagine living with the horrible memory of what another man has done to my prized possession! angry.

Then, that is a fair deal then . . . but nothing warrants killing, cos she cheats on you, you kill her, you go to jail and the man she cheated with will inherit all you have.
Better for you to just let her go, many better women out there
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by beejaei: 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2011
@poster. . . It's stories like these that strengthen my resolve to remain unmarried. Anyways the answer to your question lies in this website : www.womensinfidelity.com

Me too. I am going to date and break till i die. I can't break someone's heart and i do not want my heart broken.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2011
^^^ Na wa oh
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by kabukabu50(m): 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2011
Iysayah:

How dum.b is this guy^^^^^^

Iysayah:

Really?You make a sorry excuse of  a man,

Hello,they are both cheating,doesn't matter who started it, so they both need to open up together, its batbrained dudes like you that believe its ok for men to cheat,but women to stay loyal to their cheating husbands angry
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2011
^^^ I am sure the dude was just kidding, dont take it too serious
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Iysayah(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2011
~Minx~:

FYI I am not Nigerian, just came to this forum because I have seen really good advice here previously

About whose fidelity came first I am not sure at the moment. And my husband only apologised after I had seen raunchy messages and unexplained credit card transactions. He didn't even confess as such until I cornered him and threatened to go to the woman's house to make a scene. It's not like he just came up and opened up.

if you have been digging this guy for seven years why the sudden lost of interest?
matter of fact, all relationships and marriages experience what you guys went through but it takes discipline to stay committed. you will experience this again even if you get this solved now, so how will you handle it when it creeps up again? you gat to put some measure of discipline on yourself. thats the key. its up to you if you want to tell him, it solves nothing, might even complicate it IF its a guy like me. He might never trust you, just like you will never trust him again. So just keep the ball in your court and let him do all the apologizing while you do all the home mending and love building again. you tell him, you dont, its a conscience thing. And thats up to you.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2011
^^ Good questions
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by gernded(m): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2011
SEEK SPIRITUAL HELP IN THE LIVING CHURCH OF GOD,THAT IS DEFINITELY SPIRITUAL PROBLEM BECAUSE IF THE OTHER GUY DOES IT MORE THAN UR HUSBAND TRY TO LET  UR MAN KNOW THE AREA U LOVE MOST IN LOVE MAKING SO HE CAN DO IT FOR YOU.
SORRY FOR THIS PRBLEM.

PLEASE GO TO CHURCH PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Iysayah(m): 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2011
kabukabu50:

How dum.b is this guy^^^^^^

Really?You make a sorry excuse of  a man,

Hello,they are both cheating,doesn't matter who started it, so they both need to open up together, its batbrained dudes like you that believe its ok for men to cheat,but women to stay loyal to their cheating husbands angry
guy loose me some slacks, learn to live with some sense of humor and stop running your hands abusive fingers over that keyboard.
@phemmy, thanks, wonder why people abuse at the slightest thought of it.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by nisaac(f): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2011
IMHO, i think you dont need to confess to your hubby, confess ur sins to God, ask for His forgiveness, the grace to breakout of that relationship and a rejuvination in ur marriage. You need to get close to ur maker now,He's willing to help if only u are willing to repent.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2011
nisaac:

IMHO, i think you dont need to confess to your hubby, confess your sins to God, ask for His forgiveness, the grace to breakout of that relationship and a rejuvination in your marriage. You need to get close to your maker now,He's willing to help if only u are willing to repent.

If she needs grace to break away from the man she is sleeping with, then, she is not ready to change and work on her marriage, she has said that she is not in love with the other man that is just sex, so what is the grace she now needs
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2011
~Minx~:

I dont think you are a marriage material from day one!
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2011
macfarland:

I dont think you are a marriage material from day one!

Oucccchhhhh . . . She has agreed that she is willing to work on her marriage
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by tellwisdom: 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2011
Mehn!!, i really understand hw you feel, BUT MY ADVISE FOR YOU IS, , DONT TELL YOUR MAN OOOOOOOO!  GBESE NLA, ok??  #ONCODE
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2011
tellwisdom:

Mehn!!, i really understand hw you feel, BUT MY ADVISE FOR YOU IS, , DONT TELL YOUR MAN OOOOOOOO!  GBESE NLA, ok??  #ONCODE

I kinda agree with you
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by WhyAWhy(m): 6:14pm On Jun 09, 2011
~Minx~  :

My husband is a very difficult person when it comes to infidelity issues, telling him will break any hope of reconciliation. He still has problems with the fact that I slept with other men before we got married he says when he thinks about it it disturbs him now imagine having to tell him that I slept with someone else now? It would break him.

This is exactly what I always said,  The fact that some or many guys have been digging your babe before you married changes EVERYTHING. angry angry angry angry

I have a feeling that having a bad sex life started from the fact that your husband doesn't feel too proud of what he's digging knowing that it's Tokunbo, that probably accummulated over time and made him to seek consolation elsewhere - that's not saying it's a justification for extra marital affairs

I advocate for no sex before marriage (for both man and woman),  but infidelity in marriage should be rewarded by "firing Squad".

Wow,  this are times in life I wish I can give out CTRL + Z. Not everyone is marriage material,  if there's a qualifying exam before marriage,  I wonder how many will pass. cry cry cry cry

Don't do Don't do !!! Dem no go hear. SEX!!!! kai
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2011
WhyAWhy:

This is exactly what I always said,  The fact that some or many guys have been digging your babe before you married changes EVERYTHING. angry angry angry angry

I have a feeling that having a bad sex life started from the fact that your husband doesn't feel to proud of what he's digging knowing that it's Tokunbo

I advocate for no sex before marriage (for both man and woman),  but infidelity in marriage should be rewarded by "firing Squad".

Wow,  this are times in life I wish I can give out CTRL + Z. Not everyone is marriage material,  if there's a qualifying exam before marriage,  I wonder how many will pass. cry cry cry cry

Don't do Don't do !!! Dem no go hear.

Yes, good to stay off sex before marriage, but whatever the person do before you know her/him is no issue . . u married the person cos you dont have a problem with what they have done before you met them, why now making it an issue?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Are Men Really Polygamous? / How Reliable Is A Washing Machine. / Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.