Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? (17473 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / His Friend And His Wife Are Having An Affair! / Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by monkeyleg: 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2011
@IyaBasira,

I think it is unfair to take a stand without hearing the other side of the story, and we may never. Infidelity in marriage is a serious issue, and I dont believe in concealing these things. It has happend and both parties must face up to the consequence. That is the only way in my opinion that the root cause can be known at healing can begin
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2011
Thats one fuc**k up marriage right there.

My head is spinning sef. BRB
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Minx1: 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ Monkeyleg I have asked myself the questions and i have my answers but still it doesn't help me. I had an affair because maybe I felt something was lacking in my marriage, by the way I didn't plan for it to happen. It just happened so quickly and before I knew it I was hooked on to the other guy.

Like I said earlier, I am so scared of telling my husband this because of how he might react. I know the type of person he is and he wouldn't take it lightly. I do not want to be divorced I want to try and make my marriage work and telling him will just crush any hopes of this ever working out.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME, HOW DO I QUOTE A SPECIFIC POST BY SOMEONE? THANKS
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Minx1: 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ Iyabasira,

I hear what you are saying about the truth but i don't have any guarantee that he will accept it and forgive me, what if he doesn't? What then?

Yes I was wrong I shouldn't have been involved with the other guy at all but it just happened, I didn't plan for it to happen and I sincerely regret it but I don't think telling him is going to make things any easier.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Pukkah: 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2011
~Minx~:

@ Monkeyleg I have asked myself the questions and i have my answers but still it doesn't help me. I had an affair because maybe I felt something was lacking in my marriage, by the way I didn't plan for it to happen. It just happened so quickly and before I knew it I was hooked on to the other guy.

Like I said earlier, I am so scared of telling my husband this because of how he might react. I know the type of person he is and he wouldn't take it lightly. I do not want to be divorced I want to try and make my marriage work and telling him will just crush any hopes of this ever working out.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME, HOW DO I QUOTE A SPECIFIC POST BY SOMEONE? THANKS

Click 'Reply', scroll down to the relevant post you want to quote and click 'Insert Quote'. You can then begin to type your under/above it.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by jerryland: 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ OP.

This is the last thing anyone wants to happen to his family. There is a case similar to this which i heard of last week, and all i can say here is.

Do the right thing, you loved your husband before you married him. Let this be a distraction! That you would want to let go and continue your union with your hubby. if your Hubby is matured which i presume he is, he will hear you out when you tell him.

Yeah, they say, 'what you dont know will not hurt you' but i would not want to apply this to what a REAL marriage should be like. The more you open up to the wrong and be truthfully remorseful should be able to keep you on for the rest of your lives.

As another poster said, its easier for a woman to forgive, and I know you have forgiven him. I can really feel he wants his marriage to work out again even though he tilted the balance. The honest truth is that you both want to be married again, this is a good sign.

Like another poster said, from the book on www.womonesinfidelity.com, an average of 4 years after marriage, this quest for not being fulfilled sets in even though you have everything,

I must confess, this has really been educative for me,

For the unmarried, Get ready to make your marriage work before you say I do!!! its a full time Job
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by LadyT(f): 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2011
You have to make a choice and be prepared for whatever the outcome.  You cant have your cake and eat it dear.

If you tell him be prepared for him leaving and telling everybody what you have been doing.

If you dont want to keep it a secret you cant expect him to accept and be happy about it.  He sounds like an alpha male.

your conscience will be free but you have a tough road ahead of you if he makes a lot of noise about it.

He may suprise you with his reaction  

Just prepare your mind for the worst stay strong and please protet your child from this mess you guys created.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by monkeyleg: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2011
@~Minx~,

There is something about concealing information of this nature in a marriage that isnt good. You can not profess to earnestly seek change, if you are not prepared to come clean. Yes the risk exists that it might get worse, but I hate to think of what would happen if you dont tell him and he finds out, and believe me this things do come out one way or the other.

I am not going to pass judgement on anyone, cos I am not in a position to, but if he has openned up and told you excatly what he has been up to, then I think you owe him the truth, no matter what. There is something about the truth setting one free, you might be surprised of what the outcome might be
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Pukkah: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2011
~Minx~:

@ Iyabasira,

I hear what you are saying about the truth but i don't have any guarantee that he will accept it and forgive me, what if he doesn't? What then?

Even if he forgives he won't forget. There aren't many men with that kind of rare understanding and exceptional maturity around. The issue will continue to haunt him and put your relationship under pressure.

~Minx~:

@ Iyabasira,

Yes[b] I was wrong[/b] I shouldn't have been involved with the other guy at all[b] but it just happened, I didn't plan for it to happen and I sincerely regret[/b] it but I don't think telling him is going to make things any easier.

This is why I did not concentrate so much on what happened. Afterall, life is not a linear equation. Some of the good things we planned for will happen and some will not happen.  Also, some of the bad things we didn't plan for will happen and some bad things that we even thought would happen will not happen.

I could also have been harsher and harder on you but experience has taught me to only guide, and not lampoon, those who have already realised their error and have shown remorse. This is why your energy should be directed to extricating yourself from the mire and move on and never again allow a crack in your matrimony to be widened.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Pukkah: 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2011
monkeyleg:

@~Minx~,

There is something about concealing information of this nature in a marriage that isnt good. You can not profess to earnestly seek change, if you are not prepared to come clean. Yes the risk exists that it might get worse, but I hate to think of what would happen if you dont tell him and he finds out, and believe me this things do come out one way or the other.

I am not going to pass judgement on anyone, cos I am not in a position to, but if he has openned up and told you excatly what he has been up to, then I think you owe him the truth, no matter what. There is something about the truth setting one free, you might be surprised of what the outcome might be

Doesn't this sound more like an ideal situation? This life seems to revolve around confidentiality. Things would probably fall apart if we knew the truth about everything. This is why the truth should be shared on a 'need to know' basis. Please note that I am talking about the real life out there and not the utopia that exists in some religious teachings.

And talking about religion, how about what Abraham said (twice) about his wife Sarah? Ideally, saying nothing but the truth at all times is desirable but realistically, it depends on the timing, circumstances and your audience. This is what is called wisdom or tact.

1 Like

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by okeymadu(m): 3:39pm On Jun 09, 2011
@OP. PLEASE DON'T TELL YOUR HUSBAND except, perhaps, you want a divorce and want to smite him. But I know that's not your intention.
He wont forgive you if he finds out.  I can bet it.
I know how difficult it can be to end the type of sex centered relationship you found yourself. Again, PLEASE MUSTER THE WILL POWER TO END IT.

Failure to put a stop to this nonsense will lead to a DISASTROUS end, and it always ends disastrously. Just imagine your husband telling your relatives that you are 'sleeping around'? how would you feel? This other guy is not even a husband material. and can't marry you. he will always see you as one sex hungry woman like that.

On how to get your husband to love , all you needed to do is show him more love and dedicate yourself to him. He will see the difference and things will begin to change.

1 Like

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by monkeyleg: 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
@Pukkah,

This is not one of those situations where truth needs to be withheld unless requested. The union called marriage is based on love, truth and trust. I cannot see how telling the truth can help, after all the other party own up. No one should expect to be in this situation and hope for a jolly ride.

The Virginity of the marriage has been broken, trying to find a back door in, is really no way to go about a fresh start

Altimately the decision rests with the Poster
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by spikedcylinder: 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2011
Confess what? shocked shocked shocked Don't confess anything oh!!!! shocked lipsrsealed Seal that your mouth with super glue abeg oh!!! Someone that is traditional like him, you want to tell him you cheated on him abi? Chea-gini?! Be prepared to wave bye bye to your marriage, if you do that.
When people are in long term relationships, marriages etc, the feelings tend to fade after sometime and it takes work to bring back the spark again. Since you still willing to make your marriage work, I'd advise that you both try to start afresh and put all these ugly affairs behind you. End your adulterous relationship and spend more time with your husband abeg. Try and remember the things that made you fall in love with him to the extent of marrying him in the first place.

I hope things work out for you because in the end, we are all humans.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Pukkah: 4:19pm On Jun 09, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Pukkah,

This is not one of those situations where truth needs to be withheld unless requested. The union called marriage is based on love, truth and trust. I cannot see how telling the truth can help, after all the other party own up. No one should expect to be in this situation and hope for a jolly ride.

The Virginity of the marriage has been broken, trying to find a back door in, is really no way to go about a fresh start

Altimately the decision rests with the Poster

The circumstances in which the other party 'owned up' is not clear or the same as the one at hand. In other words, did he simply walk up to his wife (the poster) and confessed or was found out by the wife and had to choice but to own up?
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Pukkah: 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Confess what? shocked shocked shocked Don't confess anything oh!!!! shocked lipsrsealed Seal that your mouth with super glue abeg oh!!! Someone that is traditional like him, you want to tell him you cheated on him abi? Chea-gini?! Be prepared to wave bye bye to your marriage, if you do that.
When people are in long term relationships, marriages etc, [b]the feelings tend to fade after sometime and it takes work to bring back the spark again. Since you still willing to make your marriage work, I'd advise that you both try to start afresh and put all these ugly affairs behind you. End your adulterous relationship and spend more time with your husband abeg. [/b]Try and remember the things that made you fall in love with him to the extent of marrying him in the first place.

I hope things work out for you because in the end, we are all humans.

This sounds like a practical piece of advice that is rooted in reality.

1 Like

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by monkeyleg: 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2011
Pukkah:

The circumstances in which the other party 'owned up' is not clear or the same as the one at hand. In other words, did he simply walk up to his wife (the poster) and confessed or was found out by the wife and had to choice but to own up?
The truth is that we are only hearing one side of the story, and it is easy for some to form an opinion without all the facts. That said I do not believe a fresh start is possible when the truth isnt out there. The poster, if sincere will forever feel guilty and will be living a lie.

I wonder what the posters reaction would be if the husband hasnt been totally honest with the truth, only for her to find out way down the line that there was a child involved in her husbands affair which he concealed.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2011
Married for 4yrs and have a 7 yr old kid, did you have a child outside wedloc?

Wat irritates you about your hubby?

Tell no one not even your pastor about your affair. why did you even think abt telling your pastor sef? you well at all? is your pastor your God?is he not human?
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by evilspirit: 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2011
this marriage was never meant to be.you married for the wrong reasons thats why you likely stopped loving him.you are a very loose woman.tell him and move on and bear whatever the outcome.this is an after effect of pre marital promiscuity

1 Like

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2011
This is really serious.
people have said it all, first, forgive your husband and then forgive yourself.
2. Do all possible to work things out and look for those things that made you love him and married him and fall in love with him all over again.
Let him know it hurts you when he talk about your past.
Both of you try to find a way to leave the past where it belongs and move on.
But if possible, dont tell him about the cheating on him, and dont make him feel too bad that he cheated on you, cos you did it too . . . .  just find a way to heal together.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by exolve(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2011
I advice you to leave the guy and accept your husband's apology and continue with your family
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
exolve:

I advice you to leave the guy and accept your husband's apology and continue with your family

Should she confess to the husband?
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Femboss: 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2011
evilspirit:

this marriage was never meant to be.you married for the wrong reasons thats why you likely stopped loving him.you are a very loose woman.tell him and move on and bear whatever the outcome.this is an after effect of pre marital promiscuity

Why are Nigerian Women so loose, if its not money then its sex.

Once a Jezebel always a Jezebel,

Give up pretending your interested in the man, Put him out of his misery, he will respect you for in the end. This better than leading him along garden path to nowhere.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by LadyT(f): 4:51pm On Jun 09, 2011
LMAO@Jenny and Spikey I didnt want to spell it out for her.

Can I also advise you and your husband to go for STD tests chlamydia is a silent killer especially if you want to have more children.

My only worry  is the crazy guy who gives amazing sex but doesnt want to accept you ending it.

Is he someone your husband knows?

I suggest you break it up asap with him change your number if you have too.

Work at your marriage confess your sins to God not your pastor hes only human and hes probably doing worst.

Your husband is jealous of your ex boyfriends and the fact you werent a virgin when he met you.  What do you think he will do when he discovers someone else has been poking around his own personal honeypot.  lipsrsealed
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by monkeyleg: 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2011
I was out on a drinks break with work mate over christmas. Sat with us was a bloke introcuded to us as Stella's husband. we had been bearly drinking for about 20mins when John walks in and starts blabbing about how stella had been messing around with dave and got a good seeing to after the christmas dinner. John went on and on unaware that stellas husband was within out midst, we all held our faces in our hand, the embarrassment was just too much, finally someone had to pull John away and told him, but the deed had already been done.

Stella's husband had arrive at the bar with flowers and good humour, we had known that they had been having problems, but I could tell that the office romance was not one her husband knew about. I can honestly say that was one of the awkward moments of my life.

Whether we like it or not, the truth has a way of coming out

1 Like

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by rolchi(m): 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2011
@OP,

I am a man and truth is "if your hubby finds out, he may forgive but will never forgetand it will be a re-occurring decimal in our future relationship". So, if you will take my advice, do not tell him, do not tell your pastor.

End it with that other guy fast and work to resuscitate your marriage!

Best wishes
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by monkeyleg: 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Should she confess to the husband?

So she doesnt tell him, then she starts living a lie, only for it to come out somewhere in the future, what happens then?

1 Like

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by paraphase(m): 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2011
wink
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by delicious1(m): 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2011
I wonder what the husband's side of the story will look like.

Something along the lines of "Along the line, my wife started loosing interest in me-and another woman started giving me the needed attention". . .

All in all, it's a real messy situation. Try to work things out with your husband. For better or worse, remember?

1 Like

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by chyket(m): 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2011
This is a very tricky situation but I believe sincerely that if you are suddenly learning how to receive your husband's touch then there is a very serious issue.The options to me is either you remain in the marriage and live unhappily or you reappraise the union courageously
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2011
monkeyleg:

So she doesnt tell him, then she starts living a lie, only for it to come out somewhere in the future, what happens then?

there are some consequences of our action that we will have to live with, she will have to weigh if she tell him now or he found out later.
She knows the man more than we all do . . . it is unfortunate, but it sucks
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2011
Telling her pastor is way out of it, alot of people are taking this religious thing too far, I believe in God very much so do not think I am a atheist. YOUR pastor is human and can confide in someone who go carry news spread(and pls don't tell me you over trust your pastor becos he's human too you know?) do not tell anybody about it.

seriously did you type this pastor thing with your brains intact or were you sleepy? I mean that is the most silly thing(amongs others) you have posted.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by ocelot2006(m): 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2011
What happened to the sacred institution called marriage shocked ?, Lord help us,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Are Men Really Polygamous? / How Reliable Is A Washing Machine. / Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.