Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Finding The Perfect One - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding The Perfect One (41541 Views)

Man Climbs The Wall To Snap His Girlfriend & Give Her The 'Perfect' Photo / Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Finding Out Her Fiance Has A Fiancee. Photos / Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Farfalla(f): 10:59am On Nov 25, 2021
jornwhite:

Men are picky, indeed !!
between Rich men marrying poor gurls and rich women marrying riff raff, what is the stats ?
For a better clarification, between elite men marrying dropout gurlz and elite women settling for a school dropout what is the stats in nigeria

IF Ned could go as low as regina and a whole pilot settled for omotola when she was nobody, yet men her picky, aunty linda can't even settle for a millionaire, c'mon tasha thinks she deserve bill gate of this world, aunty toke makinwa is somewhere waiting new men edition undecided abeg swerve.

So picking a beautiful youthful girl is stooping low? If these girls weren't beautiful (or even youthful) would these men really go for them? No. They saw what appealed to them and went for it. They went for what they desired like most men do, which is fine because it's well within your basic rights to pick what you find desirable.

A woman fits your profile, you pick.
A woman doesn't fit your profile, you pass.

When women exercise this same right you "logical" ones start claiming she's choosy, threatening her with Shiloh and menopause because just like you and your ilk, she won't pick what doesn't fit her profile.

Many women learn how to be picky from men.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Harddiskng(m): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2021
Lovalovaphunmz:

So wots ur gain if ur so called cousin remained single?? Perhaps she realised her mistakes and seek God for forgiveness and God gave her Anoda chance bt u chased the man away..... Wot u did is pure wickedness my dear. U could av just left the man marry her since he willingly chose to come back for her

I have no business with her life, like i said before if it were any other guy i would just tell him to follow his heart but a man like a brother came to me for advice. So I am supposed to tell him lies and shove a hook down his throat because its about my cousin? He heard the truth from me and made his decision, which i think is a good one.

Nobody deserves someone that treats them with utter disregard, my cousin was most probably going to say Yes to him cause God’s current blessing upon his life. Would she have said yes to him 5/6 years ago - Hell no.

Whether God forgives or not, people should always live a life considering the present and future consequences of their actions. You have changed is not a “get out of jail” free card you can play at your convenience. Be humble and treat others with respect.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nonexisting: 11:48am On Nov 25, 2021
Harddiskng:

@xxxxxxxxx, All prejudice aside you know that the bolded is true. A case in point is my cousin, i have talked about her once or twice. When she was young and beautiful she used all the guys that came her way to catch trips. Now that is getting less beautiful by the day, she is now serious about getting a man.

One of her old suitors actually came back and confided in me about his intention. I consider him my brother (once our bond of friendship is strong you become my brother).

I reminded of when this girl was beautiful was the prize every one around her wanted, how badly she treated him, so she was so non-chalant, he couldn’t get through to her. She didn’t consider him in her prime, why is he considering her in when he is in his prime; great job, a car, sweet house, everything is going super well for him. I told him point blank that he deserves better. There are more beautiful and sensible babes and my guy-man reasoned with me

Trust me i told my cousin about this event, she cried her eyes out. I could see the anger in her eyes, but she knew the repercussion if she moved mad against me.

You can’t eat your cake and have it.

By the way even from my set way back in university, there were girls that were not so fine (but they were really smart), they got married almost as soon as they were done with NYSC.

All these girls are still happily married, funny enough is the boss-chick, boss-bit*h that have trouble finding husband, even when they do the marriage doesn’t last up to two years.
You are the type I hold in high esteem as friend. I have two friends like you and three of us have literally taken bullets for each other. May you live long brotherly.

Re: Finding The Perfect One by jornwhite: 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2021
Farfalla:

So picking a beautiful youthful girl is stooping low? If these girls weren't beautiful (or even youthful) would these men really go for them? No. They saw what appealed to them and went for it. They went for what they desired like most men do, which is fine because it's well within your basic rights to pick what you find desirable.

A woman fits your profile, you pick.
A woman doesn't fit your profile, you pass.

When women exercise this same right you "logical" ones start claiming she's choosy, threatening her with Shiloh and menopause because just like you and your ilk, she won't pick what doesn't fit her profile.

Many women learn how to be picky from men.

Here we go again ! a typical naija gurl believe once she is beautiful she deserves prince harry/kpokpogri. i believe the synonym for beautiful is handsome ... lets see dj cuppy or toke makinwa stoop low for a broke handsome guy tew, whats gud for the goose should also be gud for the gander, abi !!
Men understand class, you rarely see a man go for women out of his league except for the gold diggers, while women don't even know there mate, lizzy wey her mama dey sell akara feels she deserves obi cubanas of this world, simply because she has a fine face, breast n yansh
When you travel outside nigeria you will realize all this "i fine men owe me money" mentality you gurlz carry about ... does not fit outside nigeria,, for overseas fine gurlz even dey waste. We are not asking you ladies not to be picky, we are just reminding una say unrealistic expectations is why most of you are as single as nepa pole.
you are waiting for prince charming buh you are looking out for range rover, keep ignoring all the horses that pass grin tongue
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Magnoliaa(f): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2021
pocohantas:
Together for life. They think this is 2010 when they could divide and bully ladies into deactivation. I love this generation of active female Nlders. cheesy

Asinnn. Dem go try tire. cheesy

siofra:
Yes we stand here together!!

No male nairalander is going to sow seeds of discord among us.

He's too boring to be engaged sef!

kiss

Likee I knew. Only God knows the kind of yucky feelings and weird vibes I was getting from his comments to me. Na me quote am fess sha, thinking pe he get sense, a se the werey dey disguise ni. Dem no dey take long rara for the mask to fall off, lmao.

folake4u:
AHH those ladies up there are legendary. The way they trolled Makydeb was on another level. JEEZ!

They've started coming for me already. One wrote diary post for me that I'm going to Abuja to continue being an ashewo, since Abuja get plenty men. Na person screenshot am show me for WhatsApp yesterday. cheesy

You know it's the holidays season again and people who hate it most are lonely people lipsrsealed
He go dey alright las las.

No other explanation for this. It can only be loneliness and they come online to seek relevance. I don't get how it always feel orgasmic to them to think they've got something on you. grin I don't understand. To be a legendary troll na achievement for life? Tufia!

Omo. So Debbie too was trolled like crazy?? Ehen. I honestly had no idea about this. I can't imagine it. I've not seen bưkatynë being trolled as well o. Wawu. Things don happen o, that I don't even know about.

Today you are an ashawo that collect money from men, tomorrow you're a man, next tomorrow, you're old and lonely and don't have a man. It's how they cannot even keep up with their tales for me. grin

I've been following this thread closely since, didn't want to comment but now I'm forced to.

I love this generation of active female NLDers.

Them dey give me joy steady. grin grin grin

@last paragraph maybe we should ask him the flavour of sniper he prefers. lipsrsealed

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Boya he should goan take a soakaway flavor. grinlipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by folake4u(f): 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Asinnn. Dem go try tire. cheesy

kiss

Likee I knew. Only God knows the kind of yucky feelings and weird vibes I was getting from his comments to me. Na me quote am fess sha, thinking pe he get sense, a se the werey dey disguise ni. Dem no dey take long rara for the mask to fall off, lmao.

No other explanation for this. It can only be loneliness and they come online to seek relevance. I don't get how it always feel orgasmic to them to think they've got something on you. grin I don't understand. To be a legendary troll na achievement for life? Tufia!

Omo. So Debbie too was trolled like crazy?? Ehen. I honestly had no idea about this. I can't imagine it. I've not seen bưkatynë being trolled as well o. Wawu. Things don happen o, that I don't even know about.

Today you are an ashawo that collect money from men, tomorrow you're a man, next tomorrow, you're old and lonely and don't have a man. It's how they cannot even keep up with their tales for me. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Boya he should goan take a soakaway flavor. grinlipsrsealed

It's their inconsistency for me. They like foaming from both sides of their mouth. cheesy cheesy

If them never tag anybody ashewo, e never complete. Lmao.

Mag, wetin be soakaway flavour again? Wahala ear and dear. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Farfalla(f): 3:22pm On Nov 25, 2021
jornwhite:

Here we go again ! a typical naija gurl believe once she is beautiful she deserves prince harry/kpokpogri. i believe the synonym for beautiful is handsome ... lets see dj cuppy or toke makinwa stoop low for a broke handsome guy tew, whats gud for the goose should also be gud for the gander, abi !!
Men understand class, you rarely see a man go for women out of his league except for the gold diggers, while women don't even know there mate, lizzy wey her mama dey sell akara feels she deserves obi cubanas of this world, simply because she has a fine face, breast n yansh
When you travel outside nigeria you will realize all this "i fine men owe me money" mentality you gurlz carry about ... does not fit outside nigeria,, for overseas fine gurlz even dey waste. We are not asking you ladies not to be picky, we are just reminding una say unrealistic expectations is why most of you are as single as nepa pole.
you are waiting for prince charming buh you are looking out for range rover, keep ignoring all the horses that pass grin tongue

You're missing the point. These men saw who they desired, approached those women willingly and the women willingly said 'Yes' to them, for whatever reason (it could be financial stability, status, intelligence, gentleness, sense of humour, compatibility, responsibility, etc).

If those broke men feel that they want DJ Cuppy and Toke, what's stopping them from approaching either of them? They can try their luck na. And they should bear in mind that rejection is a possible outcome just as you do not fancy every girl who fancies you.

And here comes my disclaimer. I am not Nigerian (as can be presumed), but I worked in Lagos long enough to understand Nigeria and Nigerians. I don't recall meeting any fine Naija woman doing nothing, waiting for a man's money. Not where I lived anyway.

Nigerian women work hard. Some are in top corporate positions sef, in advertising, the financial sector, manufacturing, medical field, insurance, media firms, oil and gas, law firms, etc. Others in businesses selling fashion and beauty accessories, food stuffs, shoes, clothes, etc. Only you know where you meet poverty-stricken girls that are waiting for Elon Musk. From what I know many of them marry into another poverty-stricken home and the cycle of poverty continues for the most part. For some however, they do what they can to get themselves out of their unfortunate situation by selling what they can or offering domestic services.

Go to the market and see whether those women are waiting for Cubana. They work hard to provide for themselves and their families. They're not entitled to anyone's money. They are so used to depending on themselves, it has become second nature to them.

That expectation you call "unrealistic" is what you yourself will use to dismiss certain women. It's pragmatic to most men but when women use that same criteria to dismiss them it's because they're unrealistic. Abegi!!

If women want to have unrealistic expectations, let them. It should not be your headache. It is they who will live with the consequences of their choices. I'm just happy that this Shiloh thing is beginning to fall on deaf ears these days. grin

3 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by jornwhite: 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2021
Farfalla:

You're missing the point. These men saw who they desired, approached those women willingly and the women willingly said 'Yes' to them, for whatever reason (it could be financial stability, status, intelligence, gentleness, sense of humour, compatibility, responsibility, etc).

If those broke men feel that they want DJ Cuppy and Toke, what's stopping them from approaching either of them? They can try their luck na. And they should bear in mind that rejection is a possible outcome just as you do not fancy every girl who fancies you.

And here comes my disclaimer. I am not Nigerian (as can be presumed), but I worked in Lagos long enough to understand Nigeria and Nigerians. I don't recall meeting any fine Naija woman doing nothing, waiting for a man's money. Not where I lived anyway.

Nigerian women work hard. Some are in top corporate positions sef, in advertising, the financial sector, manufacturing, medical field, insurance, media firms, oil and gas, law firms, etc. Others in businesses selling fashion and beauty accessories, food stuffs, shoes, clothes, etc. Only you know where you meet poverty-stricken girls that are waiting for Elon Musk. From what I know many of them marry into another poverty-stricken home and the cycle of poverty continues for the most part. For some however, they do what they can to get themselves out of their unfortunate situation by selling what they can or offering domestic services.

Go to the market and see whether those women are waiting for Cubana. They work hard to provide for themselves and their families. They're not entitled to anyone's money. They are so used to depending on themselves, it has become second nature to them.

That expectation you call "unrealistic" is what you yourself will use to dismiss certain women. It's pragmatic to most men but when women use that same criteria to dismiss them it's because they're unrealistic. Abegi!!

If women want to have unrealistic expectations, let them. It should not be your headache. It is they who will live with the consequences of their choices. I'm just happy that this Shiloh thing is beginning to fall on deaf years these days. grin

You've missed ur period, see when you are justing reply, however i am sure no one as commanded or instruct any gurl here to do things against her will, the essence of the topic/thread is to identify what the problem is nd the mature minds have done that base on valid experience. don't ask me to go the market, local gurlz no get problem, naa gurlz in the corporate world, woke geng get marital problem pass. ramota wey dey sell pepper no say she no fit marry pass kazeem mechanic
whether you admit the truth or not, my dear it changes nothing besides reality go wake everybody. when treysong finally cum marry you pls no forget me, naija hard
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Gerrard59(m): 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
madridsta007:

1. The Economy is the main factor that affects, negatively and positively, marriage by age-ready individuals. It is silly for a man who is struggling to feed himself and his parents to think of adding another dependant.

2. Insecurity. There is a silent genocide that is going on in Nigeria that has killed thousands of males. The EndSARS massacre killed largely males. Security officers that are killed in conflicts are largely males. Basically, the male population is reducing. When a land is insecure due to terrorism, males move to other areas (if they are alive). Staying alive becomes more important than getting married.

Insecurity: For example, these two farmers that were killed recently in Plateau State is an example. If they were unmarried, there will be potentially two ladies who will be delayed because of them.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/11/24/fulani-herdsmen-return-plateau-community-kill-two-farmers

Thanks for this point of view. I never thought it to be so. Although, I factored in exterminating an ethnic group if the majority of her young men are slaughtered but not marriage. I'm pretty sure there is a high rate of single and marriage willing ladies in Southern Kaduna and Plateau state.

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Farfalla(f): 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2021
jornwhite:

You've missed ur period, see when you are justing reply, however i am sure no one as commanded or instruct any gurl here to do things against her will, the essence of the topic/thread is to identify what the problem is nd the mature minds have done that base on valid experience. don't ask me to go the market, local gurlz no get problem, naa gurlz in the corporate world, woke geng get marital problem pass. ramota wey dey sell pepper no say she no fit marry pass kazeem mechanic
whether you admit the truth or not, my dear it changes nothing besides reality go wake everybody. when treysong finally cum marry you pls no forget me, naija hard

Do you always wonder why this issue has been a discussion since 1972 and it is still being discussed in 2021? Because the dynamics of choosing and being chosen will never change.

Men choose. Women choose. Men reject women they don't like. Women reject men they don't fancy. We live in a complex world where we're desired and rejected while we in turn desire and reject others. It's like a blockchain where A rejects C but wants B who wants K. K in turn wants X but X wants D. D likes T but since T isn't into him, he goes for C who was initially rejected by A. C decides to settle for D and boom! A new couple is released into the universe.

The reality is that settling down for what you don't desire is stomach-churning and dare I add nauseating for most people, including men. That's the reality. Let's just make peace with it.

I'll ignore that Trey Songz comment.

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by jornwhite: 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2021
Farfalla:

Do you always wonder why this issue has been a discussion since 1972 and it is still being discussed in 2021? Because the dynamics of choosing and being chosen will never change.

Men choose. Women choose. Men reject women they don't like. Women reject men they don't fancy. We live in a complex world where we're desired and rejected while we in turn desire and reject others. It's like a blockchain where A rejects C but wants B who wants K. K in turn wants X but X wants D. D likes T but since T isn't into him, he goes for C who was initially rejected by A. C decides to settle for D and boom! A new couple is released into the universe.

The reality is that settling down for what you don't desire is stomach-churning and dare I add nauseating for most people, including men. That's the reality. Let's just make peace with it.

I'll ignore that Trey Songz comment.

Oops !! i forgot you are not a nigerian gurl tongue

Re: Finding The Perfect One by yom2(m): 12:44am On Nov 26, 2021
Brightw278:
I was discussing with a friend of mine during one of his visits this past weekend, we talked about politics, football and a whole lot of interesting topics. We were in the middle of discussion when we tuned in into this popular reality tv series on dstv, “finding the one”. So we switched topic

I was trying to explain to him why we have many ladies looking for suitors in Nigeria and the main reason being this harsh economy. I told him no man would want to settle down until he has something to fall onto and has a good job that can sustain a family but my friend thinks otherwise.

He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.

I told him I have a sister who is perfectly fine and doing well but good men ain’t just coming her way, but he just wouldn’t agree. I can’t believe people still think this way in this 21st century. He was telling me no matter your looks and all someone must approach you, I had to calm him down what if those coming your way ain’t even somebody you can settle with. Guess his reply? You just have to endure and get married like that.

This a guy went on for some hours before I just decided to call it a quit and told him we should just enjoy our football match.Personally to me I think nobody should be forced into marriage when he /she ain’t ready.

I just want to seek you guys opinion, he will also be on nairaland reading this. Should the sole reason of not being able to find suitors be attributed to youthful exuberance alone? Do girls who find it difficult to find a man must have been to choosy in the past? Your opinions will be highly appreciated
some segment of Yoruba's go with that line of thinking the man aligns with. For most core northerners its a mandatory cultural ritual money or no money. Its just d urban, educated carrier oriented group who may reason along with u..
Re: Finding The Perfect One by LegalWolf: 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
Gerrard59:

Thanks for this point of view. I never thought it to be so. Although, I factored in exterminating an ethnic group if the majority of her young men are slaughtered but not marriage. I'm pretty sure there is a high rate of single and marriage willing ladies in Southern Kaduna and Plateau state.

Loooooooool, beautiful English with zero substance! Your life is based off assumptions that are not founded on facts or reason. Quite unfortunately, your status reads 'Learn Mathematics....", but your are everything on earth but a student/learner/teacher of mathematics. I really want to have a debate with you on this question of extermination. Then again, you are incapable of either understanding or appreciating logic.

What a shame!
Re: Finding The Perfect One by emmaodet: 1:07am On Nov 28, 2021
Brightw278:
likewise money, children, heaven and good things. People who see marriage as an achievement should be left alone

Sure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by ibechris(m): 11:20am On Dec 10, 2021
Blueelf:

If this is how your marriage is

Investigate if your wife truly loves you

All thos 'go and make money first an d ladies will come" bullshit will only attract hoes and gold-diggers

Guy,no body likes poverty and I must tell u the truth,poverty will strip of dignity and leave u with insanity. I have experienced poverty and I doggedly fought my way out,in fact,poverty is a curse.

If u like become poor and marry,na ur body go tell u how far,u come join Buhari wahala,then u are a gunner.

The choice is yours,poverty is a choice,being rich is also a choice but sincerely,just choose riches or u become a middle-class else,u will work like a giant and eat like an ant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Holds His Lady’s Backside In Cute Pre-Wedding Photos / Lady Abandoned On Her Wedding Day By Her Partner Of 10Yrs Cries For Unpaid Bills / Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.