Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Finding The Perfect One - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding The Perfect One (41570 Views)

Man Climbs The Wall To Snap His Girlfriend & Give Her The 'Perfect' Photo / Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Finding Out Her Fiance Has A Fiancee. Photos / Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding The Perfect One by ufotty2001: 3:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
toujurs:
Any lady at 35 and still unmarried bro k leg dey there, it is either she is too picky with nothing to offer, or too lazy, or stingy and selfish. Or too demanding.
look at how you just summarize them with one sentence..
Re: Finding The Perfect One by siofra(f): 3:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
kkins25:
what is it supposed to be before? what you describe here is not marriage but mating.

Love is not the infatuation or obsession you see in most movies. It's not tingly neither is it jittery. Love is kind, calm, patient and gentle.

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
Raalsalghul:

It's only those oblivious of the truth that'll cry and wail: the enlightened ones will shrug it off and move on.

Okay. We are on the same page then. kiss

JerryBizz:

You'll get the bolded when you eventually find your husband. Or he finds you.

In a nutshell, you allude to the fact that men should labour to provide premium housing for evening newspapers. I like realistic men. wink

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
annyz:

My brother!
These days wayward girls marry better and rich husbands while those keeping themselves reserved stay and do chief bridesmaids.
This life no balance at all nowadays.
Sadly, this is true.
It even baffles the chaste bridesmaids how she wedded before them.
What a world we live in. But some men are not trying at all. They keep encouraging...

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by AutoChick4U(f): 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2021
brainhack:

I actually do. There are things initially outside your control, the status of the family you’re born into, your nationality, opportunity for education, your physique etc. These factors tend to predetermined one’s fate.

However every human possess extraordinary power to change their fate. No matter what hand fate deals, the writing is still yours.
Succinctly put. Gracias
Re: Finding The Perfect One by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
I was discussing with a friend of mine during one of his visits this past weekend, we talked about politics, football and a whole lot of interesting topics. We were in the middle of discussion when we tuned in into this popular reality tv series on dstv, “finding the one”. So we switched topic

I was trying to explain to him why we have many ladies looking for suitors in Nigeria and the main reason being this harsh economy. I told him no man would want to settle down until he has something to fall onto and has a good job that can sustain a family but my friend thinks otherwise.

He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.

I told him I have a sister who is perfectly fine and doing well but good men ain’t just coming her way, but he just wouldn’t agree. I can’t believe people still think this way in this 21st century. He was telling me no matter your looks and all someone must approach you, I had to calm him down what if those coming your way ain’t even somebody you can settle with. Guess his reply? You just have to endure and get married like that.

This a guy went on for some hours before I just decided to call it a quit and told him we should just enjoy our football match.Personally to me I think nobody should be forced into marriage when he /she ain’t ready.

I just want to seek you guys opinion, he will also be on nairaland reading this. Should the sole reason of not being able to find suitors be attributed to youthful exuberance alone? Do girls who find it difficult to find a man must have been to choosy in the past? Your opinions will be highly appreciated

Both of u are right
Now u can rest
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 24, 2021
siofra:

Love is not the infatuation or obsession you see in most movies. It's not tingly neither is it jittery. Love is kind, calm, patient and gentle.

You're kind of correct. So you know all these...
*one clap *
Many only realise these things when they've gotten to the stage of the picture attached below. It takes great luck, or a miracle at this stage for them to find the type of love they are itching for. The one you partly described.
You're privileged to have escaped this phase , being a married woman who has kids.
As for the photo below, we will be here waiting to receive those who fall into that category. You reap what you sew. Shey they wanted to flex away their youths. We are here for them wink

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by ufotty2001: 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Men do not benefit from marriage.
Men say marriage is prison to them.

I am no jailer. Follow alata. undecided
tell me one benefit a man will get from marriage that he can't get outside marriage.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by freeborn02: 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
[s][/s]It's the other way round. Men are the ones begging women for marriage. Some now prostrate to propose.

lalasticlala seun mynd44 Dominique justwise rule 2.

Looks like this is your new found love: reporting anyone for expressing his thoughts about you.

Don't you know you are spreading bitterness on nairaland?
Re: Finding The Perfect One by otokx(m): 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
The Nigerian culture and mentality has been under siege for quite some time hence the anomaly. Things are not just the way they should be.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by madridsta007(m): 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
I was discussing with a friend of mine during one of his visits this past weekend, we talked about politics, football and a whole lot of interesting topics. We were in the middle of discussion when we tuned in into this popular reality tv series on dstv, “finding the one”. So we switched topic

I was trying to explain to him why we have many ladies looking for suitors in Nigeria and the main reason being this harsh economy. I told him no man would want to settle down until he has something to fall onto and has a good job that can sustain a family but my friend thinks otherwise.

He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.

I told him I have a sister who is perfectly fine and doing well but good men ain’t just coming her way, but he just wouldn’t agree. I can’t believe people still think this way in this 21st century. He was telling me no matter your looks and all someone must approach you, I had to calm him down what if those coming your way ain’t even somebody you can settle with. Guess his reply? You just have to endure and get married like that.

This a guy went on for some hours before I just decided to call it a quit and told him we should just enjoy our football match.Personally to me I think nobody should be forced into marriage when he /she ain’t ready.

I just want to seek you guys opinion, he will also be on nairaland reading this. Should the sole reason of not being able to find suitors be attributed to youthful exuberance alone? Do girls who find it difficult to find a man must have been to choosy in the past? Your opinions will be highly appreciated

1. The Economy is the main factor that affects, negatively and positively, marriage by age-ready individuals. It is silly for a man who is struggling to feed himself and his parents to think of adding another dependant.

2. Insecurity. There is a silent genocide that is going on in Nigeria that has killed thousands of males. The EndSARS massacre killed largely males. Security officers that are killed in conflicts are largely males. Basically, the male population is reducing. When a land is insecure due to terrorism, males move to other areas (if they are alive). Staying alive becomes more important than getting married.

3. Change of geographical location. Because of these two aforementioned reasons, males will normally change location, to START UP ALL OVER AGAIN. Thus, delaying marriage.

These are the three main reasons. Nigeria and Africa is and will be, largely, a conservative society that values marriage. However, when you have a bad government in power that destroys an economy and enables terrorism, be sure to see a drop in marriage. It is that simple. Unfortunately, people dont like to face reality. These are the real issues.

Insecurity: For example, these two farmers that were killed recently in Plateau State is an example. If they were unmarried, there will be potentially two ladies who will be delayed because of them.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/11/24/fulani-herdsmen-return-plateau-community-kill-two-farmers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Okay. We are on the same page then. kiss

In a nutshell, you allude to the fact that men should labour to provide premium housing for evening newspapers. I like realistic men. wink
Hey...don't do that!!! I see what you're doing there underneath that shell. Stop beating yourself up! Calling yourself evening newspaper et all. You've allowed Nairaland tags to become a part of you. Anyways, suite yourself.

'' In a nutshell...." Another conclusion. I even thought you were asking, but I didn't see any question mark. So, you left me no chance of answering in the affirmative or negative.
Anyway, you're wrong about that assertion. You're still sticking to the notion that you don't live in a good enough housing type, or that there are none in the area you live. Which I didn't explicitly say. wink
Well, you could always still do whatever you have to do in order to afford the housing you so desire. A man doesn't have to be in the picture... right?
It's good to like realistic men. Yeah. Whoever they are. Looking forward to seeing yours soon. Nuptials photos, that is smiley kiss

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
Wow this your story is inspiring Sir
Eriokanmi:
Keep low and you'd get who/what you want.

How many guys want to marry into one room apartment with a separate kitchen ? How many gals want to endure with a few men who wish to marry into a room apartment with the description above? Everyone is just chasing shadows. Men too are busy craving a lifestyle which is often a mirage, before they think of getting married.

In my case, once God approved of our union with proofs even from more than one man of God who barely knew each other, we proceeded. I married my wife into a room with a separate kitchen outside. Once it rained in those days , we'd be busy diverting erosion away from the kitchen.

Today, we've achieved everything man has come to earth to achieve. I've dined with world leaders including Barak Obama on a special invitation to Washington DC. As I type this message, I'm inspecting my new edifice in lagos (the best in the whole estate). God has also blessed us with intelligent and God-fearing children all in a boarding secondary school in one of the best schools in Lagos.

My salary was 11k while my wife's was almost same when we got married. Barely a year after we got married, I began to change jobs like clothes and always with official cars, brand new to cap it all.

Money isn't everything when it comes to marriage too otherwise, DJ Cuppy wouldn't have been looking upandan for blind dates. It's God's institution. Try it and see things fall in pleasant places for you. Pray for your own and it would come, don't look at that pocket before you take a decision on this.

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Basicend: 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2021
valves:
You need to understand intersexual dynamics. ladies (and guys too) have a timeline, but most are oblivious of it until much later in life when it's almost too late.

Ladies are at their peak period when they are between ages 18-24 (for some it extends to 26). At this stage they are approached by all kinds of guys, obviously because they are young and beautiful, but this attention they get makes them to feel like they are on top of the world, like goddesses and gifts to humanity. Among those approaching at this stage are people who genuinely want to settle with them for life, but they are not ready to forgo all the attention they are getting from the other guys. They basically want to explore and date different people.

When they approach ages btw 28-34 they realise that they are no longer as attractive as they used to be and are not getting the attention of guys as before (this is the epiphany stage). Then they become desperate to settle down but most guys/suitors have already gotten married or switched their attention to much younger ladies. So the top guys they were interested in during their peak period are no longer available to them. Most ladies at this stage will still adamantly refuse to lower their standards and settle for someone who isn't (in their minds) "up to their (unrealistic) standards", and they keep aging while waiting for "Mr Perfect."

For guys the story is different. Guys peak around 32-36 years. At this age they have worked very hard and made money, are financially independent and ready to settle. But most of them will settle for ladies who are younger (ladies in their 20s), only a handful will go for ladies in their 30s.

Also, our generation is losing it. Some ladies find it hard to keep a man because they do not know their roles as women. They have consciously or unconsciously become hard-core feminist. Reality is most men don't want to settle with such ladies.

Summary is no lady will truthfully say that guys (well-intentioned guys) never approached them in their twenties (peak period). But they are on top of the world at this stage and belive they have all the time in the world and can attract anyone just because they are young and beautiful.

If you are a lady in your 20s (especially mid 20s) pls while you are getting all the attention from guys try and identify a potential suitor to settle down with. The older you get the more difficult it becomes.

You said it all.

You are very wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
ufotty2001:
tell me one benefit a man will get from marriage that he can't get outside marriage.

My point exactly. How about you tell me men’s obsession with single women, given that they benefit nothing when these women marry.

JerryBizz:

Hey...don't do that!!! I see what you're doing there underneath that shell. Stop beating yourself up! Calling yourself evening newspaper et all. You've allowed Nairaland tags to become a part of you. Anyways, suite yourself.

Incoherent.

3 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Gubioma: 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:

Dan Borno speaking....... 9ja ladies love and value money.aboki hustle and spoil mama with USD
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Kajaard: 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
[s][/s]It's the other way round. Men are the ones begging women for marriage. Some now prostrate to propose.

Men are the ones begging women for marriage? Lol cheesy

But you keep posting here everyday with the exact words: Lord when will it be my turn , whenever you see pre- wedding pictures.

Does this mean there is no man begging you for marriage yet or no man finds you attractive enough or all men run away from you because of your toxic character, and hence your hatred for all men? cheesy

Questions, questions, questions cheesy
Re: Finding The Perfect One by bepositive11: 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
siofra:

I think it's love. People place too much value on finding romantic love. The media has set ridiculous standards for love. Everyone wants to experience that feeling of being in love (romantic love)

Some are not even ready to commit themselves and sacrifice. They just want people to love them. After all with the way media has shown it (thanks to romantic movies, novels and reality shows) it has to be a sweet, wonderful feeling.

Most of them don't even love themselves but they want people to love them
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Chigorkizz(m): 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
Re: Finding The Perfect One by SmartGadgetz: 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

At a point you become a part of the landscape. You give honour to whom it is due and go your way. cheesy cheesy

I see, you are also wise, true to yourself and streetz smart. grin

I pray the universe be gentle and kind to you.
Are you gentle? Be honest.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
SmartGadgetz:

I pray the universe be gentle and kind to you.
Are you gentle? Be honest.

Thanks. By the way, if your username is anything to go by, do you have that headset wey get microphone? I ordered one, but it would take a while.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by sageb: 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

My point exactly. How about you tell me men’s obsession with single women, given that they benefit nothing when these women marry.

Incoherent.

You and Ufotty2001 no dey agree at all
I remember your previous post in Ufotty2001 thread
" shebi 4 years ago you were observing a minute silence for single ladies here. You are not buoyant enough to hook a smallie,....you are not shy, you are broke...." Pocohantas
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Cognitivereason: 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
Abegiii
AutoChick4U:
When fate has written you'll marry in your 30s or 40s, no matter how you push in your 20s things won't fall in place. You push much, u may regret. Everyone got an appointed time.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by jornwhite: 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
siofra:

yeye gender, sacrifice no dey there own definition
gentle,patient, calm, kind ..... just say you want "ode" grin
Re: Finding The Perfect One by bende7t: 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
AutoChick4U:
When fate has written you'll marry in your 30s or 40s, no matter how you push in your 20s things won't fall in place. You push much, u may regret. Everyone got an appointed time.
Am with you on this!!
Re: Finding The Perfect One by FutureIsFemale(f): 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
Kajaard:

Men are the ones begging women for marriage? Lol cheesy

But you keep posting here everyday with the exact words: Lord when will it be my turn , whenever you see pre- wedding pictures.

Does this mean there is no man begging you for marriage yet or no man finds you attractive enough or all men run away from you because of your toxic character, and hence your hatred for all men? cheesy

Questions, questions, questions cheesy
Can you show me where I posted that?
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Mrlouis: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
isaiah4life:
Marriage is overrated.

TELL THAT TO THE MARINES
Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
sageb:

You and Ufotty2001 no dey agree at all
I remember your previous post in Ufotty2001 thread
" shebi 4 years ago you were observing a minute silence for single ladies here. You are not buoyant enough to hook a smallie,....you are not shy, you are broke...." Pocohantas

Oh, it is him? Ufotty my guy. How far na?
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Kajaard: 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
Can you show me where I posted that?

Just some below cheesy

But can I ask you a question? Why do you hate all men? I hope you know no two people are the same? Just the same way we have good and bad women, same way it is with men. You need to calm down in your posts. Cheers cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Incoherent.
Nah....you're just in denial, hunny. kiss
You clearly understood what I said.

But Aunty Poco, you've kinda remodeled yourself on this site, oo. A little different.
Ageing sure does come with it's perks. It seems to be doing you more good than the opposite. If it were to be Poco of yesteryears...

All that is now left is just finding that......
By now you should have learnt that there is no perfect man.
It'll happen. smiley Amen

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by FutureIsFemale(f): 5:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
Kajaard:

Just some below cheesy

But can I ask you a question? Why do you hate all men? I hope you know no two people are the same? Just the same way we have good and bad women, same way it is with men. You need to calm down in your posts. Cheers cool
For you to dig old posts shows how jobless you are.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lady Abandoned On Her Wedding Day By Her Partner Of 10Yrs Cries For Unpaid Bills / Gambian "Baddie" Bride Passes Her Virginity Test. Gets Cash Gift / Ladies Who Don't Want Sex Should Stay Off Romantic Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.