Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Finding The Perfect One - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding The Perfect One (41539 Views)

Man Climbs The Wall To Snap His Girlfriend & Give Her The 'Perfect' Photo / Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Finding Out Her Fiance Has A Fiancee. Photos / Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding The Perfect One by holygoat(m): 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
Still have one on my neck now

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
Both of you are right. It's normal for ladies to be choosy when they are young with their sweet 16 looks. But atimes they overdo it. Many ladies wait for the kind of man they watch in Telemundo. However when they are aged 32 and unmarried they become nice because reality have set in.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Eriokanmi: 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
SmellySperm:
Marriage was not meant for everyone
It was and it is, of you are so committed to it
Re: Finding The Perfect One by ImoleNaija: 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.

I never believe this quote. How could they ignore guys & still be jumping from one gbola to another? If the so-called evening newspapers are virgins now, we go understand.

perambulator:
Women who overate themselves. Women get a lot of attention from men for sex, it does not mean you are desirable as a wife. many women confuse male attention with desirability as a wife.

Quote of the day!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by BESTScientist1: 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2021

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Lymetsaucer(f): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
Stick to what works for you.!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Hotzone(m): 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
But a lot ends up like endsars report

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by HonestFriend: 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
Some ladies re too choosy, others wants to Bleep for a while before settling down.. And before dey knew it day don dark.. Breast don fall, face don wrinkle, old age don come..

That's wen dey will agree that man na man.. And that their is no perfect man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by LIpokond: 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
[s][/s]It's the other way round
Pele o

Miss Canceler
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Jeromejnr(m): 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
I disagree, marriage is not overatted, it has always been the building block that held our community together

God bless you for your wisdom

3 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by bizhop01: 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
Because 98% are looking for ready made billionaire's

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by joyandfaith: 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
isaiah4life:
Marriage is overrated.
If marriage institution is destabilized, families would be destroyed and our society would pay for it. Bad families, bad societies.

8 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Cerebellum: 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
[s][/s]It's the other way round

You be mumu

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by valuehub(f): 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
It's better you enjoyed your football game. Those kind of your friends ehn, e go hard to teach them.

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
I was discussing with a friend of mine during one of his visits this past weekend, we talked about politics, football and a whole lot of interesting topics. We were in the middle of discussion when we tuned in into this popular reality tv series on dstv, “finding the one”. So we switched topic

I was trying to explain to him why we have many ladies looking for suitors in Nigeria and the main reason being this harsh economy. I told him no man would want to settle down until he has something to fall onto and has a good job that can sustain a family but my friend thinks otherwise.

He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.

I told him I have a sister who is perfectly fine and doing well but good men ain’t just coming her way, but he just wouldn’t agree. I can’t believe people still think this way in this 21st century. He was telling me no matter your looks and all someone must approach you, I had to calm him down what if those coming your way ain’t even somebody you can settle with. Guess his reply? You just have to endure and get married like that.

This a guy went on for some hours before I just decided to call it a quit and told him we should just enjoy our football match.Personally to me I think nobody should be forced into marriage when he /she ain’t ready.

I just want to seek you guys opinion, he will also be on nairaland reading this. Should the sole reason of not being able to find suitors be attributed to youthful exuberance alone? Do girls who find it difficult to find a man must have been to choosy in the past? Your opinions will be highly appreciated

I had a senior relative, female, who once had a suitor,(same tribe even self) but the mother rejected the suitor, and nothing could make her change her mind, so she had to end it there.

Took a while before she could find one who the mother would accept.

Sometimes it is the family who is proving stubborn. There is nothing a Nigerian girl (and in some instances guy) can do against their family who is saying 'no'.

12 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by SeriouslySense(m): 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
Good, you know when to stop arguing. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Brightw278:
I was discussing with a friend of mine during one of his visits this past weekend, we talked about politics, football and a whole lot of interesting topics. We were in the middle of discussion when we tuned in into this popular reality tv series on dstv, “finding the one”. So we switched topic

I was trying to explain to him why we have many ladies looking for suitors in Nigeria and the main reason being this harsh economy. I told him no man would want to settle down until he has something to fall onto and has a good job that can sustain a family but my friend thinks otherwise.

I told him I have a sister who is perfectly fine and doing well but good men ain’t just coming her way, but he just wouldn’t agree. I can’t believe people still think this way in this 21st century. He was telling me no matter your looks and all someone must approach you, I had to calm him down what if those coming your way ain’t even somebody you can settle with. Guess his reply? You just have to endure and get married like that.

This a guy went on for some hours before I just decided to call it a quit and told him we should just enjoy our football match.Personally to me I think nobody should be forced into marriage when he /she ain’t ready.

I just want to seek you guys opinion, he will also be on nairaland reading this. Should the sole reason of not being able to find suitors be attributed to youthful exuberance alone? Do girls who find it difficult to find a man must have been to choosy in the past? Your opinions will be highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
There is a third option: A combination of the two factors.

Ladies are not looking at guys who have not financially made it or seemingly on the assured track to making it. Thus many women in their 20s say no to many guys still hustling (not talking of the guys with terrible behaviours and habits like Meth addicts). Sensible guys also have learnt and so they have stopped approaching women till they make it.

Caught between the mountain and the deep blue sea. I have many female friends in their 30s that don't even have boyfriends. Na married men wey just wan chop clean mouth dey follow them up and down

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by RightToReject(m): 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
Weak ethical leanings - it cuts across both the divide anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Lymetsaucer(f): 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
Stick to what works for you.!! tongue[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Finding The Perfect One by studentwriter(m): 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Your friend sounds ignorant
you're the ignorant one here since your brain is slow and dumb to comprehend

7 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Ichabodcrane(m): 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
I disagree, marriage is not overatted, it has always been the building block that held our community together
Odiegwu!
Marriage is not really necessary these days. Just work hard and enjoy your self.

6 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Dshocker(m): 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
E plenty,e too choke

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
People get married when they are ready, it’s not about money alone, not everyone likes the idea of feeling tied to one woman forever.

6 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Raalsalghul: 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
This is an over flogged topic on Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
1. demand outweighs supply, competition is fierce and especially for a woman, time is limited.
2. women with undesirable qualities.. temper, history, attitude, family/background etc
3. women with over blown expectations of men which is usually tied with no 4
4. women who overate themselves. Women get a lot of attention from men for sex, it does not mean you are desirable as a wife. many women confuse male attention with desirablity as a wife.
5. many women think because they are women a husband is automatic instead of asking the question, does the kind of man i want to marry want to marry a woman like me?

The bottom line is this: A woman does not find a husband...a man finds a wife. if a woman has conducted her affairs in a way that is desirable to men and her attitude is right, believe me she will not lack for GOOD suitors for marriage. If you have to "look" for husband you are doing (have done) something wrong such that men do not see a wife in you or else you will not be the one doing the searching. The job of a woman who wants to marry a desirable man is to conduct her affairs so as to put herself in a position to be found.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Finding The Perfect One by sageb: 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Yenyenyen! They ignored guys in their prime. But when your gf breaks up with you to marry a ready man, you will come crying on Nairaland.

Some of you here have been dating your gfs for years without marriage. If they leave you now, another wailing go start.

You marry early? All Naija women want is marriage. They don’t build themselves.

You say make you stand before marriage? Double wahala. Evening newspaper, borehole pussy. Edede! Who go marry this one?

Abeg make una getaut! undecided

Kwin Pocohantas on the beat
This one shock the guy
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Edusouls(m): 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
Your sister is being too choosy, you don’t tell me all the men coming her way has unbearable faults or all of them are jobless and broke? The thing is that most Nigerian women suffer from the same disease, dreams of an unreal perfect man that is out there waiting for them to meet one day, if your parents don’t talk sense into her on time am afraid she would end like the others, ASAP getting to her near menopausal age still single.
Brightw278:

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by AutoChick4U(f): 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
When fate has written you'll marry in your 30s or 40s, no matter how you push in your 20s things won't fall in place. You push much, u may regret. Everyone got an appointed time.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding The Perfect One by tayo60(f): 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
Everyone differs. What may be what is delaying someone might not be what another is experiencing. In this life, everyone runs a different race. Some married early and d marriage couldn't last while some late, and are enjoying their marriage now. So never mock someone who is yet to be married, so far they have not done it doesn't mean they will not do it. Everyone's time is different!

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Holds His Lady’s Backside In Cute Pre-Wedding Photos / Lady Abandoned On Her Wedding Day By Her Partner Of 10Yrs Cries For Unpaid Bills / Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.