Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Finding The Perfect One - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding The Perfect One (41542 Views)

Man Climbs The Wall To Snap His Girlfriend & Give Her The 'Perfect' Photo / Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Finding Out Her Fiance Has A Fiancee. Photos / Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
siofra:

Thunder fire you!!! angry

Like seriously
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Kajaard: 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
For you to dig old posts shows how jobless you are.

Lol cheesy grin cheesy. Those posts I pasted just proves my point. Your hate comes from a place of neglect, hurt and numerous rejections in the past. Kpele cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Oh, it is him? Ufotty my guy. How far na?
Lol
And Four years later , she is the one who has not hooked a " biggie " and taken him go to see her people.
This life... The things we type or say...
Now, it's " Ufotty my guy. How far na "
Awwnn... isn't life cute? cheesy
Ufotty, have you hooked your own " smallie " as of now...No need to answer that.

Relationship LoadDING , DING, DING!
Unlike poles attract.
We are here for it.

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by seyz91(m): 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2021
Truth is, marriage ain't meant for everyone

And that your friend talks like someone with fish brain
Brightw278:
I was discussing with a friend of mine during one of his visits this past weekend, we talked about politics, football and a whole lot of interesting topics. We were in the middle of discussion when we tuned in into this popular reality tv series on dstv, “finding the one”. So we switched topic

I was trying to explain to him why we have many ladies looking for suitors in Nigeria and the main reason being this harsh economy. I told him no man would want to settle down until he has something to fall onto and has a good job that can sustain a family but my friend thinks otherwise.

He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.

I told him I have a sister who is perfectly fine and doing well but good men ain’t just coming her way, but he just wouldn’t agree. I can’t believe people still think this way in this 21st century. He was telling me no matter your looks and all someone must approach you, I had to calm him down what if those coming your way ain’t even somebody you can settle with. Guess his reply? You just have to endure and get married like that.

This a guy went on for some hours before I just decided to call it a quit and told him we should just enjoy our football match.Personally to me I think nobody should be forced into marriage when he /she ain’t ready.

I just want to seek you guys opinion, he will also be on nairaland reading this. Should the sole reason of not being able to find suitors be attributed to youthful exuberance alone? Do girls who find it difficult to find a man must have been to choosy in the past? Your opinions will be highly appreciated

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Hkff: 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2021
“He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.”

That is the main reason bro

I have to dump a girl after spending a lot on her she said no sex until I marry her despite the fact that she has been having sex with her numerous ex but because she saw someone that has achieved a lot and wanted to settle , she blew it . I just got angry and dumped her immediately

Most of these girls are their own problems

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by walesoflyf(m): 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
siofra:

Thunder fire you!!! angry

Siofra did I hit a nerve? .. grin grin grin... What's with you laying a curse on me na... Are your feelings getting hurt? grin grin

Now you know how it feels, when you troll people eh?!... I no go swear for you.. But no try talk say thunder fire me again ohh... You might not like my clap backs ohhh.. I could be very savage..

My two cents
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Eriokanmi: 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Ugandatales:

I thought I was going to read where you said you were joking. Somehow, I don't totally believe this your story. It seems like you spiced it up wella.
God is my witness. You don't have to believe. I posted it to inspire and encourage some young men out there and I know I'm not lying. It's of no benefit to me.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Eriokanmi: 6:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
revived:

Thank You I have achieved alot of things less than 23years just waiting for theright timing
Great! It shall come.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 7:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
Farfalla:

grin grin grin
This is just the hard truth. A summary of the reality.

No one wants to settle down with a partner they don't desire. Many will stretch the search for who they desire for as long as they can, but settling down for an undesirable partner, they won't.

Exactly!
Men have what they desire in women.
Women have what they desire in men.

Some of these men want graduates from middle class home. There is one here that is always ranting about how his gf works in an O&G with official car. It is a bragging right for him. But let a woman say she wants a man in same company, they will start foaming in the mouth.

They keep complaining ladies are materialistic and lazy. There are hardworking ladies that dirty their hands to make money. Go to the market and you would see them selling tomatoes and pepper. When it is dark, they will put on mpalaka and continue selling. Why are they not going after those ones? Why haven’t these premium Nigerian men proposed to those ones?

Ndi ala! You want graduate, graduate sef want graduate wey pass you. grin

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Niiade(m): 7:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Fiscus105:

Easier to say than do, how many of u guys ready to date a month without sex, wen some are even putting pressure on women to get pregnant before ordinary introduction, ogs wake up to reality and do urself good sir

Well like I said you attract who you are mostly, I ran a five year relationship and no sex even till when she served me breakfast so please stop assuming if you are asked to get pregnant before introduction and you agreed who do we blame? . I am fine and done myself good thank you
Re: Finding The Perfect One by BigBashiru: 7:24pm On Nov 24, 2021
Hkff:
“He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.”

That is the main reason bro

I have to dump a girl after spending a lot on her she said no sex until I marry her despite the fact that she has been having sex with her numerous ex but because she saw someone that has achieved a lot and wanted to settle , she blew it . I just got angry and dumped her immediately

Most of these girls are their own problems

Nice one. This is red pill philosophy and how girls should be treated. No pedastalization and no over glorification.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by AnchorageHC: 7:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
I hungrily wish I could be your man... True, most ladies are really frustrated about this subject matter and hope he comes her way soonest than expected.

I'm trying to hustle not to be pitied nor called LAZY, but hard as I did I can only WIN her with much assurances of CARE, AFFECTIONS with MONEY...
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2021
siofra:

I think it's love. People place too much value on finding romantic love. The media has set ridiculous standards for love. Everyone wants to experience that feeling of being in love (romantic love)

Some are not even ready to commit themselves and sacrifice. They just want people to love them. After all with the way media has shown it (thanks to romantic movies, novels and reality shows) it has to be a sweet, wonderful feeling.
Baba u finish am. During the days of our parent, just sight a girl and u like her look dats all. Love will come after marriage. But girls of nowadays are possessed

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by SeaTrade(m): 7:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Exactly!

Some of these men want graduates from middle class home. There is one here that is always ranting about how his gf works in an O&G with official car. It is a bragging right for him. But let a woman say she wants a man in same company, they will start foaming in the mouth.

They keep complaining ladies are materialistic and lazy. There are hardworking ladies that dirty their hands to make money. Go to the market and you would see them selling tomatoes and pepper. When it is dark, they will put in mpalaka and continue selling. Why are they not going after those ones? Why haven’t these premium Nigerian men proposed to those ones?

Lol @ bragging rights.
You clearly don't see the world from my heights or vantage point,clearly why you think much of little things like being an employee of a company as being a sign of superiority amongst men.
Child.

5 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
I no dey quote people wey I no like.

No vex. grin

5 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by cayorday89(m): 8:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Exactly!

They keep complaining ladies are materialistic and lazy. There are hardworking ladies that dirty their hands to make money. Go to the market and you would see them selling tomatoes and pepper. When it is dark, they will put on mpalaka and continue selling. Why are they not going after those ones? Why haven’t these premium Nigerian men proposed to those ones?

Last last, many of us whether male or female will be left overs in the long run all because of our search for partners in territories not within our reach.

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by SeaTrade(m): 8:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
grin grin
The jester thinks i care.

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by BRATISLAVA: 8:45pm On Nov 24, 2021
If you thought your friends reply was shallow OP, you have unleashed the depths of foolish male thought on the forum.

The thought that the problem lies only with the unmarried lady, and not on their unrealistic expectations once it concerns women.

Good girls are the losers in all these discussions, and foolish males will always say they have bad characters and were snobbish to feel good about how they can't afford the high class ladies they feel should fall at their feet for them because they are males. The truth is that men like prostitutes. Any woman who doesn't give off such vibes will likely not get married fast. Most of the unmarried ladies, whatever their age, are the good ones.

It's too bad hypocrisy and God complexes and stupidity won't let the men on the forum admit the truth, rather than their regurgitated opinions on why women in Nigeria are old and unmarried.

If women were half as choosy as men, no man would be married. You need to see the kinds of people women stoop to marry.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Arsenate(m): 8:47pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:
I no dey quote people wey I no like.

No vex. grin
Or you don't quote those who see through your facade here. Of course SeaTrade sees you for the fake elitist that you are and called you out on it. You'll do well to pretend he doesn't exist. grin

3 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
Arsenate:

Or you don't quote those who see through your facade here. Of course Sea.trade sees you for the elitist that you are and called you out on it.

I no dey quote people wey I no like. It is that simple. The Sea.trade wey we know abi another one? Odiegwu grin grin

You'll do well to pretend he doesn't exist.

You should give him this advice. Ignored offline, online, everywhere. Make e go quote im O&G babe or Ogbunike one or the one he bought pizza, or the one he gave Benz. grin grin

cayorday89:

Last last, many of us whether male or female will be left overs in the long run all because of our search for partners in territories not within our reach.

Sad reality. And some would keep creating and deleting threads of their woes every other week.

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by SeaTrade(m): 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
Arsenate:

Or you don't quote those who see through your facade here. Of course SeaTrade sees you for the fake elitist that you are and called you out on it. You'll do well to pretend he doesn't exist. grin
It would have made sense if the person in question was actually in the elite sphere of life,because to be an elitist atleast you've got to be an elite.
But no,its pure obsession with the lifestyle that she don't/can't have she uses as benchmark to profile people.
Ask yourself,what does someone who claims she matters in corporate Nigeria doing on Nairaland at this hour trying to prove a point to same people she claims are irrelevant,whereas she should have things to do that matters tomorrow morning at work and hence would have had her bath and gone to bed by now?
Atleast people I know who aren't even claiming to be as important as the jester is about to sleep by now after seeing her favourite one hour show .
You know why?Relevance.
Some people's contributions to corporate Nigeria are clearly irrelevant,reason they have so much time on their hands. grin

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 9:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
How is someone living in Mushin an elite?

No go kill yourself o.

BRATISLAVA:

The thought that the problem lies only with the unmarried lady, and not on their unrealistic expectations once it concerns women.

No o. It can never be them. Even the ones they dump everyday despite their supposed vantage point go follow put mouth. Make them no go wash their dirty character. Everybody go dey alright. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by OBIPLUS(m): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2021
That was then , today ladies will find this difficult.

Keep low and you'd get who/what you want.

How many guys want to marry into one room apartment with a separate kitchen ? How many gals want to endure with a few men who wish to marry into a room apartment with the description above? Everyone is just chasing shadows. Men too are busy craving a lifestyle which is often a mirage, before they think of getting married.

In my case, once God approved of our union with proofs even from more than one man of God who barely knew each other, we proceeded. I married my wife into a room with a separate kitchen outside. Once it rained in those days , we'd be busy diverting erosion away from the kitchen.

Today, we've achieved everything man has come to earth to achieve. I've dined with world leaders including Barak Obama on a special invitation to Washington DC. As I type this message, I'm inspecting my new edifice in lagos (the best in the whole estate). God has also blessed us with intelligent and God-fearing children all in a boarding secondary school in one of the best schools in Lagos.

My salary was 11k while my wife's was almost same when we got married. Barely a year after we got married, I began to change jobs like clothes and always with official cars, brand new to cap it all.

Money isn't everything when it comes to marriage too otherwise, DJ Cuppy wouldn't have been looking upandan for blind dates. It's God's institution. Try it and see things fall in pleasant places for you. Pray for your own and it would come, don't look at that pocket before you take a decision on this.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Blueelf: 10:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Keep low and you'd get who/what you want.

How many guys want to marry into one room apartment with a separate kitchen ? How many gals want to endure with a few men who wish to marry into a room apartment with the description above? Everyone is just chasing shadows. Men too are busy craving a lifestyle which is often a mirage, before they think of getting married.

In my case, once God approved of our union with proofs even from more than one man of God who barely knew each other, we proceeded. I married my wife into a room with a separate kitchen outside. Once it rained in those days , we'd be busy diverting erosion away from the kitchen.

Today, we've achieved everything man has come to earth to achieve. I've dined with world leaders including Barak Obama on a special invitation to Washington DC. As I type this message, I'm inspecting my new edifice in lagos (the best in the whole estate). God has also blessed us with intelligent and God-fearing children all in a boarding secondary school in one of the best schools in Lagos.

My salary was 11k while my wife's was almost same when we got married. Barely a year after we got married, I began to change jobs like clothes and always with official cars, brand new to cap it all.

Money isn't everything when it comes to marriage too otherwise, DJ Cuppy wouldn't have been looking upandan for blind dates. It's God's institution. Try it and see things fall in pleasant places for you. Pray for your own and it would come, don't look at that pocket before you take a decision on this.

Na so
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Blueelf: 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
valves:
You need to understand intersexual dynamics. ladies (and guys too) have a timeline, but most are oblivious of it until much later in life when it's almost too late.

Ladies are at their peak period when they are between ages 18-24 (for some it extends to 26). At this stage they are approached by all kinds of guys, obviously because they are young and beautiful, but this attention they get makes them to feel like they are on top of the world, like goddesses and gifts to humanity. Among those approaching at this stage are people who genuinely want to settle with them for life, but they are not ready to forgo all the attention they are getting from the other guys. They basically want to explore and date different people.

When they approach ages btw 28-34 they realise that they are no longer as attractive as they used to be and are not getting the attention of guys as before (this is the epiphany stage). Then they become desperate to settle down but most guys/suitors have already gotten married or switched their attention to much younger ladies. So the top guys they were interested in during their peak period are no longer available to them. Most ladies at this stage will still adamantly refuse to lower their standards and settle for someone who isn't (in their minds) "up to their (unrealistic) standards", and they keep aging while waiting for "Mr Perfect."

For guys the story is different. Guys peak around 32-36 years. At this age they have worked very hard and made money, are financially independent and ready to settle. But most of them will settle for ladies who are younger (ladies in their 20s), only a handful will go for ladies in their 30s.

Also, our generation is losing it. Some ladies find it hard to keep a man because they do not know their roles as women. They have consciously or unconsciously become hard-core feminist. Reality is most men don't want to settle with such ladies.

Summary is no lady will truthfully say that guys (well-intentioned guys) never approached them in their twenties (peak period). But they are on top of the world at this stage and belive they have all the time in the world and can attract anyone just because they are young and beautiful.

If you are a lady in your 20s (especially mid 20s) pls while you are getting all the attention from guys try and identify a potential suitor to settle down with. The older you get the more difficult it becomes.

Truer words have not been spoken
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Blueelf: 10:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
Afriqan:
Even as a man, sometimes I feel for ladies, but you can't settle down out of pity.

It's majorly the economy that has prevented a lot of well meaning guys from settling down. A lot of Nigerian women will tell you they love you, but if there is no money, there won't be respect in the relationship, that's why most guys are just staying single nowadays.

But with God, all things are possible. Marriage is a beautiful thing.

Exactly
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Emaprince: 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Exactly!

Mpanaka..madam!!! angry angry
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Blueelf: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
[quote author=InTheCloudySky post=107917104]Your friend sounds ignorant [/quote

Because he ralk true ba?
Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 10:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
Emaprince:
Mpanaka..madam!!! angry angry

Lmao. What is the difference between Romance and Lomance? I tried so hard to remember what it is called. Glad I got it. Thanks for the correction.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Blueelf: 10:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
OmoOgunOriginal:
There is a third option: A combination of the two factors.

Ladies are not looking at guys who have not financially made it or seemingly on the assured track to making it. Thus many women in their 20s say no to many guys still hustling (not talking of the guys with terrible behaviours and habits like Meth addicts). Sensible guys also have learnt and so they have stopped approaching women till they make it.

Caught between the mountain and the deep blue sea. I have many female friends in their 30s that don't even have boyfriends. Na married men wey just wan chop clean mouth dey follow them up and down

They are not caught btw anything

Na their choosiness put them for that position
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Farfalla(f): 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

LOL! grin
Men are picky. They want Agbani Darego but expect her not to be picky. They want Nengi to suffer with them, not the tomato seller.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
Farfalla:

LOL! grin
Men are picky. They want Agbani Darego but expect her not to be picky. They want Nengi to suffer with them, not the tomato seller.

Na meth dey disturb them. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Holds His Lady’s Backside In Cute Pre-Wedding Photos / Lady Abandoned On Her Wedding Day By Her Partner Of 10Yrs Cries For Unpaid Bills / Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.