Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Finding The Perfect One - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding The Perfect One (41540 Views)

Man Climbs The Wall To Snap His Girlfriend & Give Her The 'Perfect' Photo / Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Finding Out Her Fiance Has A Fiancee. Photos / Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Aksnoopy: 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Yenyenyen! They ignored guys in their prime. But when your gf breaks up with you to marry a ready man, you will come crying on Nairaland.

Some of you here have been dating your gfs for years without marriage. If they leave you now, another wailing go start.

You marry early? All Naija women want is marriage. They don’t build themselves.

You say make you stand before marriage? Double wahala. Evening newspaper, borehole pussy. Edede! Who go marry this one?

Abeg make una getaut! undecided
I understand your frustration, but you are too beautiful not to be able to find and keep a man.

Maybe it has a lot to do with your character.

19 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Olavenza(m): 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
I was discussing with a friend of mine during one of his visits this past weekend, we talked about politics, football and a whole lot of interesting topics. We were in the middle of discussion when we tuned in into this popular reality tv series on dstv, “finding the one”. So we switched topic

I was trying to explain to him why we have many ladies looking for suitors in Nigeria and the main reason being this harsh economy. I told him no man would want to settle down until he has something to fall onto and has a good job that can sustain a family but my friend thinks otherwise.

He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.

I told him I have a sister who is perfectly fine and doing well but good men ain’t just coming her way, but he just wouldn’t agree. I can’t believe people still think this way in this 21st century. He was telling me no matter your looks and all someone must approach you, I had to calm him down what if those coming your way ain’t even somebody you can settle with. Guess his reply? You just have to endure and get married like that.

This a guy went on for some hours before I just decided to call it a quit and told him we should just enjoy our football match.Personally to me I think nobody should be forced into marriage when he /she ain’t ready.

I just want to seek you guys opinion, he will also be on nairaland reading this. Should the sole reason of not being able to find suitors be attributed to youthful exuberance alone? Do girls who find it difficult to find a man must have been to choosy in the past? Your opinions will be highly appreciated

Some of them are " where did you get my number?"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Fiscus105(m): 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
I was discussing with a friend of mine during one of his visits this past weekend, we talked about politics, football and a whole lot of interesting topics. We were in the middle of discussion when we tuned in into this popular reality tv series on dstv, “finding the one”. So we switched topic

I was trying to explain to him why we have many ladies looking for suitors in Nigeria and the main reason being this harsh economy. I told him no man would want to settle down until he has something to fall onto and has a good job that can sustain a family but my friend thinks otherwise.

He said the reason why some ladies get really old without suitors coming their way is because they must have ignored a lot of guys during their prime (20-28) and once reality set in they become desperate.

I told him I have a sister who is perfectly fine and doing well but good men ain’t just coming her way, but he just wouldn’t agree. I can’t believe people still think this way in this 21st century. He was telling me no matter your looks and all someone must approach you, I had to calm him down what if those coming your way ain’t even somebody you can settle with. Guess his reply? You just have to endure and get married like that.

This a guy went on for some hours before I just decided to call it a quit and told him we should just enjoy our football match.Personally to me I think nobody should be forced into marriage when he /she ain’t ready.

I just want to seek you guys opinion, he will also be on nairaland reading this. Should the sole reason of not being able to find suitors be attributed to youthful exuberance alone? Do girls who find it difficult to find a man must have been to choosy in the past? Your opinions will be highly appreciated

The biggest reason that I think (75%) is because of men, only few guys ready to go into marriage and mainly cos of economy situation, also, few who are ready financially are not ready to carry responsibilities that attached to marriage, and for few guys who entered it, when they see the huge responsibility that attached to it , they ran away and that results to single motherhood.

If you are not man enough you will see marriage as a complete prison, cos thre is wide gap BTW be single and married.

14 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by IMASTEX: 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
likewise money, children, heaven and good things. People who see marriage as an achievement should be left alone
grin grin grin grin grin grin Abi oh!
Dem say na student wey nor know book dey say las las school na scam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Timekeeper: 12:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Yenyenyen! They ignored guys in their prime. But when your gf breaks up with you to marry a ready man, you will come crying on Nairaland.

Some of you here have been dating your gfs for years without marriage. If they leave you now, another wailing go start.

You say make you stand before marriage? Double wahala. Evening newspaper, borehole pussy. Edede! Who go marry this one?

gringringrin

Pocoha on the beat

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Yoighaman(m): 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
AutoChick4U:
When fate has written you'll marry in your 30s or 40s, no matter how you push in your 20s things won't fall in place. You push much, u may regret. Everyone got an appointed time.

Men (women) are sometimes masters of their own destinies, architects of their own fate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Pharaoh4rin(m): 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
Beebah2000:
Here to read comments undecided undecided

What else can you offer?

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by yinkeys(m): 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
Perfection doesn’t exist
Love with your head & not with emotions
Select certain standards you cannot compromise and pick a partner based on that.
A little attraction at the initial stage isn’t bad, but this eventually fades with time.
*But if the other person in question is just too charismatic or too attractive: it’s best you run because evil is sexy.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
Very soon every woman go dey marry themselves... no time for stress
Re: Finding The Perfect One by suffering: 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
As a fellow foolish Nairalander I am disappointed that you men engaged in something other than political news or soccer. What rubbish! As for your thread nothing concern me. It makes front page every other week with different titles. There’s nothing people will type here which we haven’t seen thousands of times.
Re: Finding The Perfect One by Dshocker(m): 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2021
Come to think of it, girls suffer in the hands of guys, because 99% of guys that approach a girl just wants to bed her,of Which they come with marriage promises that will make the girl open her legs for him

8 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by SmartGadgetz: 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Realistically, ladies flex during their prime time then expect the same best of men during their older time to marry them. Who does that?

Best is to use that their young, attractive and beautiful times to settle down when men are lurking around them.

It's their nature, that's why there is a saying that women are hypergamy generally.

As for men, their power and charms never fade provided that there is constant inflow of money, different kind of women will always come for them because of their well to do essence. Women don't want to suffer a bit so they chose an advantageous man over and over again without thinking twice bout their decision.

Sadly, Love in relationships is fast fading away. Much less in percentage compared to the older times of our parents. everyone is calculating to give themselves the best of what life have to offer for them - both man-woman relationships and otherwise.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finding The Perfect One by AFvckingAlpha(m): 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
Men are the fvcking prize

I said what I said

4 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by LikeAking: 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
Men have married mpkumiri or wetin b dat drug name.

5 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by ecomalchemist(m): 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
Afriqan:
Even as a man, I sometimes feel for ladies, but you can't settle down out of pity.

It's majorly the economy that has prevented a lot of well meaning guys from settling down. A lot of Nigerian women will tell you they love you, but if there is no money, there won't be respect in the relationship, that's why most guys are just staying single nowadays.

Na wetin sure pass.

You can have a fantastic job and all that, the moment you loose your source of income she turns into a devil and that's where the problem starts.

Nigerian women are something else to be honest.

I can't even think about marriage now, I'd just wallow in perpetual poverty.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
Aksnoopy:
I understand your frustration, but you are too beautiful not to be able to find and keep a man.

Maybe it has a lot to do with your character.

And who told you I am trying to “KEEP” a man?
Always forcing yourselves into the picture. For people who do not care about marriage, it is quite surprising. KEEP your fckeen selves. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by AutoChick4U(f): 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
Yoighaman:

Men (women) are sometimes masters of their own destinies, architects of their own fate.
You'd be surprised

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Edusouls(m): 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
Most Nigerian girls (90%) girls suffer from a very bad disease called ( doupi) meaning dreams of an unreal perfect individual. They choose, and choose till they start getting near their menopausal age then reality sets in, this disease I have researched to be the cause of so many single women out there getting old. Nigerian women should put hands together to fight this devastating disease..

14 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by pocohantas(f): 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
SmartGadgetz:

Realistically, ladies flex during their prime time then expect the same best of man during their older time to marry them. Who does that? Best is to use that their young and beautiful time to settle down during the times men are lurking around them.

In which country is this realistic? In this same Nigeria that you guys said women rush into marriage immediately after NYSC?

Y’all would speak from every hole in your body to defend whatever agenda you want.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by AutoChick4U(f): 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
Dshocker:
Come to think of it, girls suffer in the hands of guys, because 99% of guys that approach a girl just wants to bed her,of Which they come with marriage promises that will make the girl open her legs for him
Wickedness in low places

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by DentistRola: 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
Marriage is a blessing
Re: Finding The Perfect One by iCauseTrouble: 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2021
I concur
tihamu:
All Nigerian girl are useless all of them

Including FutureIsFemale(f)

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Olayetan(m): 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2021
Only struggling guys wants to settle while the made ones just wanna flex all girls that comes their way, and, that's why ladies say they don't see the responsible ones.

If you are ready to committing yourself with a man struggling to better his welfarism, go for him and build up with him, but sadly, many of the ladies just want to enjoy life without contributing anything...

I see baby mama and papa becomes the norm in 30yrs..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Perfect One by BigBashiru: 12:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
joyandfaith:

If marriage institution is destabilized, families would be destroyed and our society would pay for it. Bad families, bad societies.

I hate when marriage is called an "institution"....its a nightmare in which guys have to cope with greedy selfish women

3 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by mmsen: 12:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:
I disagree, marriage is not overatted, it has always been the building block that held our community together

What community would that be?

The same one in which thievery and dishonesty are the norm?

The one in which security, electricity and safe drinking water are luxuries?

Tell me more about these building blocks....
Re: Finding The Perfect One by AutoChick4U(f): 12:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
Edusouls:
Most Nigerian girls (90%) girls suffer from a very bad disease called ( doupi) meaning dreams of an unreal perfect individual. They choose, and choose till they start getting near their menopausal age then reality sets in, this disease I have researched to be the cause of so many single women out there getting old. Nigerian women should put hands together to fight this devastating disease..
So people should marry even if not compatible?
Re: Finding The Perfect One by walesoflyf(m): 12:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
siofra:

I think it's love. People place too much value on finding romantic love. The media has set ridiculous standards for love. Everyone wants to experience that feeling of being in love (romantic love)

Some are not even ready to commit themselves and sacrifice. They just want people to love them. After all with the way media has shown it (thanks to romantic movies, novels and reality shows) it has to be a sweet, wonderful feeling.

Hmmm... For the first time, I'm reading something quite intelligible from you... You try... grin

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by tonyson010(m): 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
siofra:

I think it's love. People place too much value on finding romantic love.
The media has set ridiculous standards for love. A Everyone wants to experience that feeling of being in love (romantic love)

Some are not even ready to commit themselves and sacrifice. They just want people to love them. After all with the way media has shown it (thanks to romantic movies, novels and reality shows) it has to be a sweet, wonderful feeling.

The sentence in bold is the issue, it should be a happy one, not necessarily expecting to live in Disney land.

4 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Pharaoh4rin(m): 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
As old as I am, each time I remembered that someday I will marry, I usually feel weight on my chest, even though all my younger ones are married with children.

I don't know why

14 Likes

Re: Finding The Perfect One by juniorstar(m): 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:

I noticed these days females are open to referred relationship where a female tells her fellow female/Male friends that they are open for relationship so those friends become the scout when they travel to other states and see another person of the opposite sex who is willing they give that person their friends contact and I ask myself wats going on..someone you dont know and have never met..all they are concerned about is does he have money. Today's women are desperate..

1 Like

Re: Finding The Perfect One by Niiade(m): 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brightw278:

Hell no to enduring, The main fact is there are three things involved for people like your sister.
1. She is avoiding or friend-zoned alot of the men that could or be suitable for her (he is short, doesnt have money, he doesnt have a matching executive job, etc etc all those classes we place good men into and seek them wrong men with non important factors)
2. She is attracting those wrong men, so she is a relection of what she is getting and cant blame those men for approaching as thats what she is giving off.
3. She is relaxed and waiting, Women esp those that we tag as loose are ready and are out there looking for men, good men to settle with and will go to place where they can be to get them. how much time does she spending socalizing or being in gathering of where responsible young men will be, or she is at home or working and expect to meet her suppose wonderful suitor there, she needs to get out there, be available, approachable and in some cases ask the guy out for a date or drinks, abi we are now modern no more green light, go for the man you like no time o. you think side chick get the men from working and sitting at home after work na they are out there.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Holds His Lady’s Backside In Cute Pre-Wedding Photos / Lady Abandoned On Her Wedding Day By Her Partner Of 10Yrs Cries For Unpaid Bills / Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.