Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,026 members, 7,828,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up (16184 Views)

This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / How To Prevent The Boy Child From Sexual Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Karleb(m): 5:42pm On Nov 25, 2021
Mftivi:
the way you call data from thin air lol. Most boys that were abused were abused by males and you know this how ? Are you okay ? I am such victim and they are 90% females multiple and every other male friend I know who was abused was abused by a female, Y'all are sick with this nonsense agenda.

That's how you know a feminist. grin

Once they start saying things like;

One in 3 women are oppressed daily.
Two in 10 women are raped yearly.
2 in twenty women has been slapped today.

Just abort mission, for it is them, the feminists. grin

They can't ever be reasoned with. Just save yourself the stress because everyone but them is the problem. Always.

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by djon78(m): 5:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
Amhappy:
I think discussion on the boy child should be opened and treated as important.

The average boy gets little or no training
Sense of responsibility is very low
Morality is very very low
Boys are put on the streets as if they are not children
Some die,other toughen,some excel,some turn criminal
These boys grow up to be men and are expected to lead (more men are in leadership)
They are to lead families ,become husbands and fathers
When the head is incorrect the whole body suffers
Finally the society bears the blunt
The circle continues

Here is a woman that understand the whole drift

The society is being affected with the upbringing of men that doesn't know there left from there right

When men are raised right
The society greatly benefits from it

And we need to Target them when they are still young
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by djon78(m): 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
Karleb:

That's how you know a feminist. grin

Once they start saying things like;

One in 3 women are oppressed daily.
Two in 10 women are raped yearly.
2 in twenty women has been slapped today.

Just abort mission, for it is them, the feminists. grin

They can't ever be reasoned with. Just save yourself the stress because everyone but them is the problem. Always.

It's not even wise exchanging words with them

Because you can't get any meaningful thing from them

Best is to avoid them

A toxic person has nothing to offer. Absolutely nothing

2 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by LutanFyah: 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
I love how you would change your tune soon...to complain that women are more 'priviledged'... undecided
Keep your rhetorics for the OP and his ilks.

Just a war will send you folks and weaklings like the OP to where they belong (natural selection).
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by LutanFyah: 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

I hope the Op of this thread reads this comment to understand why men are neglected.

You males keep perpetuating the notion that females are inferior and weak and incapable of doing what men can do.
Now that partriarchial bullshit is making men bear unfair burden because they turned themselves to superior demigods they will still come out to blame women for their suffering.

Silly nitwits.
I love your chocolatey tears.

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by djon78(m): 5:56pm On Nov 25, 2021
B
Favfables1:

Kudos sir on the kick off of your foundation...
I'd like to know more...
Is there any material I can browse through?

Still at the pilot stage
Will let it out at the right time
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by okosunehis: 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
Nope... Presently, there are more educated boys than girls in Nigeria.. The law might say otherwise, but most Nigerian parents still believe a girl shouldn't be educated in the university... Statistics proves your wrong... I don't care whether your sisters alone were educated... The general population, boys are more in schools.
Try to read to understand next time... I agree that young boys aren't paid any attention... But it's stupid that you men here are trying to compare what young boys and young girls go through... Why did the men who commented try to make it seem like feminism is a personal attack on boys? Did you preach to them? Young girls all over the world are more likely to be victims than young boys... I'm not trying to shift the focus to women but to educate the imbeciles here that it's perfectly understandable why the world tends to pay utmost attention to women and to let the know that the worse enemy of boys is the system created by men...so they should put the blame where it belongs- with themselves.
And I respect his opinions! They are perfect... And unlike the men here, he didn't try to compare what men go through and what women go through... He was unbiased.
I'm a woman, so you assume I must have kids... I won't... secondly, are you mentally slow? Did I once comment that boys aren't victims of assault? I'm making a point that it's men who made themselves into living gods that can't be hurt... That why no one (men and women) pay attention to these boys who are victims... Men say they are masculine and strong and the superior sex... So young boys can't even come out to tell the world their awful stories... If a man is raped, it's his fellow men who would encourage him to kill the case because it's unmanly to be the victim of sexual abuse... So don't blame women, blame the system men created... They thought it would favour them, but it only boomeranged...

I speak from the grey line...

These are my points...:

Boys can be victims...

Boys are mostly victims of men...

Boys can't complain that they are victims because they fear that they would disappoint the menfolk...

No one takes topics like this seriously because of patriarchy which clearly centers on the principle that men are superior and beneath the position of being victims...

Men created patriarchy...

Patriarchy back fired...

If you want to promote the rights of boys, don't attack feminism that focuses bon female victims... But focus on boys and dismantling this system that's patriarchy...

They we can truly have a conversation...

It's funny cos you guys are having a conversation already! Assuming without conceding that the patriarchy is such a bad construct, can you answer a quick question:

Can you factually say that no woman ever played a role in building the patriarchy; or that all men are complicit in enabling it? Every man was born by a woman, most men are raised by their mothers. In this imperfect world that we are all born into, both men and women have been victims of malevolent, murderous and wicked people. I will admit men have played a greater role in such ills, but the flip side, in most cases, both the villains and heroes in history are men - so it is strong good men that protect the world against strong evil men.

Children are generally weak and vulnerable in the society. It would be more beneficial for grown ups to focus on protecting the young without drawing indelible tribal lines between boys and girls.

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
okosunehis:

It's funny cos you guys are having a conversation already! Assuming without conceding that the patriarchy is such a bad construct, can you answer a quick question:

Can you factually say that no woman ever played a role in building the patriarchy; or that all men are complicit in enabling it?
Many women did! And most men aren't complicit... Yet many still encourage it and that's the difference... Men are the ones who refuse to let go of this toxic system... To suit their egos... Most women are fighting it...'feminism'...

Every man was born by a woman, most men are raised by their mothers. In this imperfect world that we are all born into, both men and women have been victims of malevolent, murderous and wicked people. I will admit men have played a greater role in such ills, but the flip side, in most cases, both the villains and heroes in history are men - so it is strong good men that protect the world against strong evil men.

Children are generally weak and vulnerable in the society. It would be more beneficial for grown ups to focus on protecting the young without drawing indelible tribal lines between boys and girls.
Perfect point... I only argued because most men here are comparing the woes of a girl child to that of a boy child... It's annoying... Imagine saying that girls in their states are educated so therefore there's still no need to campaign for the right of a girl to go to school... undecided

They could comment their solidarity with young boys without hating on young girls and the women protecting them... It's just petty and it shows that most men here don't even care for these kids... It's all a gender war... So I educated them...

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Aiel123: 6:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
It's sad you can't comprehend that it's men who made women burdens...

Years ago, men said women are weak... So women shouldn't work... So women shouldn't earn... So women should stay home... So women should expect to be taken care off...

Feminism is trying to encourage women to actually be independent...

Can you see how stupid men were then?

So because you think women are dependent, you're not in support of young African girls being educated? undecided

Two third of the 750 million illiterates worldwide are women... Do you care?
This your argument of girls denied education is lopsided. The recent waec written,girls have the larger share compared to boys.you don't give a girl admission because she a girl it is earned not given.
Two third of the 750 million illiterate (suspicious and doubtful it is) being women is because they chose to. You don't visit the atrocities of some people on others. life itself is a competition we won't buy the exploitative nature of women being weaker vessel.
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Aiel123: 6:18pm On Nov 25, 2021
Walkee:
This is absolutely and totally the fault of men. Men are the biggest disappointment of all creatures. Foolish men carry female matter on their heads while completely ignoring their fellow men
Na true you talk.
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by tete7000(m): 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2021
In a bid to solve his problem without recourse to his creation, man creates more problem for himself. God created them male and female, in his own image. People should be respected because in them we see the image of God who created us all, not because they are male or because they are female.
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2021
Aiel123:

This your argument of girls denied education is lopsided. The recent waec written,girls have the larger share compared to boys.you don't give a girl admission because she a girl it is earned not given.
see how dumb you've proven yourself to be... More girls registered for the WAEC... Does it change that fact that there are more boys in schools than girls? In Nigeria, sub-saharan Africa...and the world... undecided

Two third of the 750 million illiterate (suspicious and doubtful it is) being women is because they chose to.
It's a fact, go do some research... see how toxic you are... blaming little girls for not being allowed to go to school? undecided

Do you also blame them when they are married off as kids?

Or mutilated?

Girls in the villages aren't allowed to school... Same for those from families with backwards cultural and religious values... And you think it's a choice?

So do you think the few boys who are deprived are also not victims? undecided

Imagine a grown-ass man blaming gender discrimination on kids...

All so he can play the card that his gender is the victim!

Yu don't visit the atrocities of some people on others. life itself is a competition we won't buy the exploitative nature of women being weaker vessel.
Did anyone blame you? Can you comprehend what I wrote? People criticized the campaigns to educate the masses that girls should be educated and i explained why it's actually necessary... Are feminists arresting random men on the streets? Nope, we're posting flyers encouraging girls to pursue their education... To avoid societal pressure... To follow their hearts and achieve their dreams...

How does that hurt men? undecided

Exactly! Women aren't weak... Men should stop believing so! Personally, I think both sexes are equal... That's the belief of every feminist... undecided

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by dhiqson(m): 6:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
Pataricatering:
who is ignoring you?.is there anything.g wrong with men fighting for the boy child just like you fight to police women's pvssies - infact if men could dedicate one tenth of the energy they use to measure women's vagina ro issues concerning the boy child- the boy child will be fine .

smiley Trust me
I do that with every ounce in my body
But why you trynna deflect from the topic grin
What's "measuring women's vaginas"??
Left for me I really don't care Sha
As long as I'm living life on my term
I'm good.
assalamuAlaaikum tongue
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Aiel123: 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
Then don't be mad when people support women who are 'weak' and in 'dire need of help'... undecided
Go get a life and competite.life is survival of the fittest. Everyone needs help not only women
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by babasolution: 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
What is happening in Nigeria is very dangerous and will have a disastrous effect in the future,the new system that Nigerians have embraced propping and elevating girls at the expense of boys,its already yielded bad fruits with the weak performance of boys in academics, soon the full realisation of what this stupid generation of older men have done will materialise,they are gradually and systematically destroying boys just to elevate women,the women are enjoying and cashing in on it,Nigeria and the black race will forever remain at the bottom if we continue that system,it's a system created by whites,having already established themselves as the top race,they are now weaking men of other races especially now of the black race and stupid blacks are buying into it,the neglect of boys through almajiri system is what has brought the disaster happening to the north,it will happen to the south in another form in the future, with the gradual systemic neglect of southern boys.No society can develop with neglected boys,that system the the UN and Western nations preach which Africans are buying into now at an all time high rate will eventually lead to the gradual destruction of the black race.Blackmen need to wake up,we should stop shooting ourselves in the foot,we have done that for generations now is the time to take our destiny into our hands,The foolish old men just like during the time of slavery are once again systematically and gradually destroying their own race
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by babasolution: 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
Do you even know the core of patriarchy? And how it affects men presently?

Because you missed the point...

Men said that they are mules... They said so because they believed themselves to be more stronger and resilient and intelligent... They said women are weak and irresponsible and emotional... They said only men should be allowed to be educated and only men should work... They said women should strive only to be housewives and mothers... They said a man's primary duty is to hustle and earn and provide for his family...

All these...years ago. But it's affecting men today...

The reason it seems no one cares for men...

How can the world care for the superior sex?

How can the world care for those who brag that it's a "man's world"?

How can the world care for the strong, independent men?

How can the world care for men who believe themselves to be gods?

It's all stupid... But men said women were weak... Women were treated harshly for being weak and taken advantage of... Now, the world finds it hard to believe that men are also victims!

It's not our fault, it's yours...

I dare you to tell your friends that a younger woman raped you... The men in the group would laugh... Even ask if it was fun...

I see alot of young men joke how they want to be raped and i feel so disappointed... Because when it happens, who would take them seriously? It's all fun and games, right?

There's nothing like patriarchy,those are fairy tales created by Western system to antagonise men,many bad things done to women in the past were crimes of nature,men also suffered,women also suffered men in the past.

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by babasolution: 6:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
Nosayer:

Sir, do you know what scares me the most? It's the fact that a country like Nigeria is emphasizing Education for girls alone. But imagine a society with educated women and the men, most of the men are thugs, terrorists, illiterates, agberos and all sorts of criminals including those that have become delinquent due to the society's stance against them; how would the females cope?

Can the females be safe if majority of the males are wild, uncared for and unemployed? Isn't our society setting itself up?

Have been talking about this for a while now,the grave costly mistake these older men are making will destroy Africa in generation to come,Stupid African men are playing into the hands of the enemy as Africans have always done,we should quickly retrace our steps before it costs us dearly
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Aiel123: 6:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
Are you daft? I'm being sarcastic... The guy days men are the better sex, yet he's going to complain that women are treated better? How can that be so in a man's world?

I get that you're semi-retàrded... But try to summon up whatever little brain-power you have when reading my comments... So you can atleast understand... undecided
I won't spend time arguing with you. Who gave you the vain ignorance-ridden idea that the world is Men?
Resorting to anger during verbal banter is cowardly. Try replying without insulting
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by babasolution: 6:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
I'm not hurt... Just annoyed that you men don't even realise that it's your fellow men who created a system you all now regret... Not women...

We were called weak... And we've fought for our rights to be recognised... You can do the same but remember, you're mostly going to fight yourselves and egos...

Accepting you're equal... That you can be hurt... Most men won't... And it boomerangs... But don't blame us.

It's not about victimisation,you just desire for men to accept to be victims, men are not accepting any victimisation, what is at stake here is that the disaster this new system will create will cause total devastation,even women will be worse off for it,an empowerment man is better than a vile loser man,this is the point.not whether men are victims or not

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Aiel123: 6:50pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
see how dumb you've proven yourself to be... More girls registered for the WAEC... Does it change that fact that there are more boys in schools than girls? In Nigeria, sub-saharan Africa...and the world... undecided
It's a fact, go do some research... see how toxic you are... blaming little girls for not being allowed to go to school? undecided

Do you also blame them when they are married off as kids?

Or mutilated?

Girls in the villages aren't allowed to school... Same for those from families with backwards cultural and religious values... And you think it's a choice?

So do you think the few boys who are deprived are also not victims? undecided

Imagine a grown-ass man blaming gender discrimination on kids...

All so he can play the card that his gender is the victim!

Did anyone blame you? Can you comprehend what I wrote? People criticized the campaigns to educate the masses that girls should be educated and i explained why it's actually necessary... Are feminists arresting random men on the streets? Nope, we're posting flyers encouraging girls to pursue their education... To avoid societal pressure... To follow their hearts and achieve their dreams...

How does that hurt men? undecided

Exactly! Women aren't weak... Men should stop believing so! Personally, I think both sexes are equal... That's the belief of every feminist... undecided
Channel your grievances to constituted authority Saying more girls registered for waec,I want to ask is waec not part of education. Or you want to tell me they never got teaching material s and tutors?
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
Aiel123:
I won't spend time arguing with you. Who gave you the vain ignorance-ridden idea that the world is Men?
Resorting to anger during verbal banter is cowardly. Try replying without nsulting
You've never heard the popular statement, "It's a man's world"? undecided
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by babasolution: 6:58pm On Nov 25, 2021
Pataricatering:
men are the cause of majority of problems women face- when women are denied rights to education jobs , property , inheritance , sexual agency ,etc who do you think is behind all those laws ?
Which men does society ignore ? Every political body that makes laws is filled with men - and they make laws that favour themselves .
How many women do banks give loans to ? How many women do investors give loans to ?

I wish I could see you and really explain to you how these things work to you.

These are rehearsed stereotypes taught to women now,
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
Lol, this argument have been made over and over, but no one seems to be listening

I for one have decided to just go with the flow. These women that we all concentrate on now grow up and end up marrying the boys we neglected who are now men

If you doubt me, check out the wives of chief thugs in the garages, most of them are educated, pretty ladies. Same way a lot of women end up with guys who beat them up or just irresponsibly stupid cos they weren't taught how to be responsible, no one cares about them while.growing up.

You'll see an educated woman end up with a man who doesn't live up to his responsibility, not because he can't, but because he chooses not to... Yet, they'll up popping babies every two years like new varieties of Kellogg's cocopops

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Wizpa(m): 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ow0eg0kudi:
Hmmmm @Godoverevery

Except if you choose to swim against the tide...nature has created the female gender to be nurtured, especially by the male gender hence the results of your research.

Save in exceptional cases, there is something in a man that wants to pamper and give a TCL to a woman.

I'll enjoin to accept the fact that it is a law of the universe, just like gravitational pull, that YOU cannot change except God (who is over every) chooses to reinvent the wheels.

E kú research . . .don't be an online professor but please ensure it is published in a journal��

Another SIMP spotted
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by babasolution: 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
These boys have the opportunity to go to school...girls on the other hand are deliberately prevented from doing so... Understand?

It's a big LIE,it's a stale narrative women like to use to blackmail men, women have been going to school at an equal rate since the 80s,for every girl now not going to school there is equal amount of boys not going to school and viceversa
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by babasolution: 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
Pataricatering:
all they want to fight for is submission , right to police women's vagina , right to be polygamous etc
The boy child is not their wahala o

Boy child is now our wahala
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
babasolution:

It's a big LIE,it's a stale narrative women like to use to blackmail men, women have been going to school at an equal rate since the 80s,for every girl now not going to school there is equal amount of boys not going to school and viceversa

Have you asked yourself how these girls started going to school? undecided

Who fought for their rights? undecided

Or why they didn't have their rights respected in the first place? undecided

This stale narrative is true... There's still a gap.

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by zed7: 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2021
ivolt:

You should be able to defend your points as a "strong man".
You chose to run instead, an action which belie your strength facade.
Defend my points against a nobody? It's either you comprehend and take notes or you go read something less intellectually demanding.
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by matm: 7:55pm On Nov 25, 2021
Women folk are playing on the intelligence of men and this men who reason with their dick do not understand.And dts why they keep dying untimely.
A child whether boy or girl is a child and needs to be protected.
Both are abused daily in Nigeria with little nale boys having greater share and underreported
Beware of teen girls in their 17+,university girls,and women who control and dominate their husbands.
Make ur boy child confide in you,and u will be shocked over what attempted molestations and real cases of molestations dt happen in ur absence.
Anyone who champions the course of protection of girl child only is a promoter of gender discrimination and shld be a prime suspect of child molestation
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by cornelman: 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
ivolt:

No one apart from your parents or guardian owes you anything.
I bet you didn't even tell your parents but expect "society" to read your mind
and jump to your defense against the culprit.

And if you are like most posters here, you will only bring up the issue to counter
other people's narratives.

I think you didn't get the picture well. As a child, you don't just walk up to anyone to say you've been molested. People especially girls and women come out now to say it because they are encouraged to report such wickedness and the society is frowning at it. But no such awareness is even created to liberate the boy child. A research shows that one out of six boys had been sexually abused before age 16. The research even claimed that it likely underestimated the number due to audience received. Ask guys around you and get stories. Nobody asked them, not their families nor the society.

Today, It is certain that girls won't talk too if they are aren't encouraged to do so. Molestation of girl child has always been from time past. But today they have a voice supported by both men and women. The same should go for their brothers too.

The point is every weak irrespective of gender, needs a voice to speak for it, a voice to encourage it to report evil against it, eyes that wouldn't turn the blind side, ears that wouldn't turn the deaf side and mind that wouldn't be insensitive to their unheard and unsaid plights.
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Richyblack1(m): 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2021
Lets make this go viral so the gov't can see it,maybe they may help cus actually the neglect on the boychild is much, creating monsters while looking for monster hunters to protect the girl child. Becus we are male doesnt mean we are meant to be treated harsly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? / Some African Parents Destroy Beautiful Love Relationships With Their Prejudices / My Mother Inlaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.