Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,679 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up (16186 Views)

This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / How To Prevent The Boy Child From Sexual Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by ABANGWABOI(m): 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2021
lahizak:

Your whole quote equate a boy child to a man. It's just a matter of time b4 boy child advocate will sprung from all angles. We talking about kids been ignored. Go to d north, many of d family take care of d girl child till marriage age and thanks to girl child activist, d marriage age is shifting to 18 but the boys are thrown into d street from d age of 5, they are left to fight starvation, death, rape and blank future. The OP write up is cool and the write up Is not to discourage girl child activist but it's high time to start taking boy child problems as serious as girl child. Just visit d north and I'm sure u will cry after seeing dos small small 4/5years old boys everywhere struggling, begging with a very little chance of a brighter future. In addidum, this boys child that we are ignoring today, many of dem turned out to be d boko haram dat cost us our peace. The world better stand up

Having lived and worked for a decade in the north...

I co sign your statement...
Almajiris are the easiest recruit for Boko Haram and they later then out to hurt and hunt the populace..
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by lahizak: 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2021
ABANGWABOI:

Having lived and worked for a decade in the north...

I co sign your statement...
Almajiris are the easiest recruit for Boko Haram and they later then out to hurt and hunt the populace..
It is quite obvious. Boys that have been suffering plus d only thing this people get for free is Islamic education by radicals instilling hate into them, right from childhood. It is a painful sight
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
soundOsonic:

This law you spoke of ended like 20 years ago. If at all a gender is getting educated, it is females that gets educated now compared to the male child.
Nope... Presently, there are more educated boys than girls in Nigeria.. The law might say otherwise, but most Nigerian parents still believe a girl shouldn't be educated in the university... Statistics proves your wrong... I don't care whether your sisters alone were educated... The general population, boys are more in schools.
Two wrongs doesn't make a right. The post is focusing on the male child here, atleast for once let's talk about the male child. You don't have to shift the focus to female gender.
Try to read to understand next time... I agree that young boys aren't paid any attention... But it's stupid that you men here are trying to compare what young boys and young girls go through... Why did the men who commented try to make it seem like feminism is a personal attack on boys? Did you preach to them? Young girls all over the world are more likely to be victims than young boys... I'm not trying to shift the focus to women but to educate the imbeciles here that it's perfectly understandable why the world tends to pay utmost attention to women and to let the know that the worse enemy of boys is the system created by men...so they should put the blame where it belongs- with themselves.
The OP is saying facts and he is trying to make a point. Everything shouldn't be a war or white and black. There should be a grey area for reason and introspect.
And I respect his opinions! They are perfect... And unlike the men here, he didn't try to compare what men go through and what women go through... He was unbiased.
You will have a male child some day. You wouldn't want if due to like of attention he is molested or assaulted or builllied.
I'm a woman, so you assume I must have kids... I won't... secondly, are you mentally slow? Did I once comment that boys aren't victims of assault? I'm making a point that it's men who made themselves into living gods that can't be hurt... That why no one (men and women) pay attention to these boys who are victims... Men say they are masculine and strong and the superior sex... So young boys can't even come out to tell the world their awful stories... If a man is raped, it's his fellow men who would encourage him to kill the case because it's unmanly to be the victim of sexual abuse... So don't blame women, blame the system men created... They thought it would favour them, but it only boomeranged...

I like when humans are not bias the only reason you speak like this is because you are a female. If you were a male definitely it wouldn't be this.
Always let your reasoning vesound deviod of your sex.
I speak from the grey line...

These are my points...:

Boys can be victims...

Boys are mostly victims of men...

Boys can't complain that they are victims because they fear that they would disappoint the menfolk...

No one takes topics like this seriously because of patriarchy which clearly centers on the principle that men are superior and beneath the position of being victims...

Men created patriarchy...

Patriarchy back fired...

If you want to promote the rights of boys, don't attack feminism that focuses bon female victims... But focus on boys and dismantling this system that's patriarchy...

They we can truly have a conversation...

3 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Jman06(m): 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2021
RightToReject:

I wonder what kind of nonsense I will not hear from you small-minded lots on this forum about Igbos. I wonder where you got the statistics that most Igbo families do sentimentally send their daughters to school instead of their sons or deny their sons formal education, and that by extension, saying that men from other tribes are more educated than Igbomen, even when the SSCE and JAMB records and other proven statistical measures locally and internationally said otherwise. The way some of you propagate lies and misinformation because of ignorance, hate in any guise, ethnocentrism, or conceit is both appalling and irritating. I do not care whether you might claim to be an Igboman or not, whichever way, you are definitely not an informed and just one. Stop either using your family as a standard for the bona fide Igbos or stop saying nonsense about what you know nothing about. Distorting facts, misinforming the public, and casting aspersions on others unjustly, regardless of the reason, amount to small-mindedness and insanity in general.

In summary, I have not seen a bona fide Igbo family that does discriminate against their offspring educationally to be particular.

I won't care about any gibberish you might wish to spew, so direct it, if any, to small-minded people like you.

Isn't it obvious From the way many of you react to issues From the majority that supported criminal elements in IPOB to supporting drug dealers and other criminal money-making deals even on this forum Educated people show it in their ways of life not by mouth nor by typing jargons on the media. I'm talking about real education not certificates that many of you run to acquire and brandish from your many substandard state universities. Real education in the southeast is nosediving seriously and worst of all is among the males. You may decide to live in denial but that's your cup of tea.
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by soundOsonic: 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
Nope... Presently, there are more educated boys than girls in Nigeria.. The law might say otherwise, but most Nigerian parents still believe a girl shouldn't be educated in the university... Statistics proves your wrong... I don't care whether your sisters alone were educated... The general population, boys are more in schools.
Try to read to understand next time... I agree that young boys aren't paid any attention... But it's stupid that you men here are trying to compare what young boys and young girls go through... Why did the men who commented try to make it seem like feminism is a personal attack on boys? Did you preach to them? Young girls all over the world are more likely to be victims than young boys... I'm not trying to shift the focus to women but to educate the imbeciles here that it's perfectly understandable why the world tends to pay utmost attention to women and to let the know that the worse enemy of boys is the system created by men...so they should put the blame where it belongs- with themselves.
And I respect his opinions! They are perfect... And unlike the men here, he didn't try to compare what men go through and what women go through... He was unbiased.
I'm a woman, so you assume I must have kids... I won't... secondly, are you mentally slow? Did I once comment that boys aren't victims of assault? I'm making a point that it's men who made themselves into living gods that can't be hurt... That why no one (men and women) pay attention to these boys who are victims... Men say they are masculine and strong and the superior sex... So young boys can't even come out to tell the world their awful stories... If a man is raped, it's his fellow men who would encourage him to kill the case because it's unmanly to be the victim of sexual abuse... So don't blame women, blame the system men created... They thought it would favour them, but it only boomeranged...

I speak from the grey line...

These are my points...:

Boys can be victims...

Boys are mostly victims of men...

Boys can't complain that they are victims because they fear that they would disappoint the menfolk...

No one takes topics like this seriously because of patriarchy which clearly centers on the principle that men are superior and beneath the position of being victims...

Men created patriarchy...

Patriarchy back fired...

If you want to promote the rights of boys, don't attack feminism that focuses bon female victims... But focus on boys and dismantling this system that's patriarchy...

They we can truly have a conversation...
I couldn't read what you wrote. The moment is see people picking lines of others word I withdraw immediately. I don't do unhealthy talk. It is either you take it or leave it.
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
Yes! Sexual abuse... One in three girls have been abused by a man... Before the age of 18... Most boys who have been abused were raped by fellow men...

Don't be stupidly sentimental... It's life balanced? Women are usually victims, hence the receive more attention...

Because they usually are... A girl child is more liable to be abused, trafficked, mistreated, denied of an education than their male counterparts... And the perpetrators of these crimes are most often men...

actually, you're pathetic...

That's why boys should be taught that patriarchy is wrong... It back fires... They should not take advantage of young girls... That would fix the problem...

Exactly! And these boys should be educated so they don't behave like animals like their fathers... But to be gentle men...

Lol! You're sick... So men abusing women is somewhat justified because they are jealous that the world campaigs for girls to not be raped or that they should go to school? Petty much? undecided

You think it's chocolate... The girls who've undergone female genitalịa mutilation? Married off as kids?

Treat a woman with respect and there's nothing to fear... undecided

Is Nairaland the real life? Are you that stupid? In the world put there, young girls are being abused, used as sex slaves and you're here mentioning Nairaland where we all do sh** to catch cruise? Sick! You're the one making this a 'girl child vs Us' thing...

The men who made women victims... Blame them... They cause this divide that we're obligated to bridge...

Isn't it a man's world? Aren't women the fairer sex... It's sad how men shot themselves in the foot with these arguments... undecided

Accept that men and women are equal... Only then would the issue of a man being a victim make sense to the general society...

But when you dimwits carry yourselves like demi-god, don't feel bad when we say you can not bleed.

In her mind now she has made sense o...
Mtttttcheeeeewww...
And yet you call me pathetic and dimwitted?
Kikikikikiki grin
((Shakes head and walks away from hopeless course))...
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
Grandmeister:

That statistics is so because of Islam. Say it, nobody will chop off your head. I'm guessing you have sisters and you all are educated. Women have always been getting education for the past 300 years atleast. My mum was sent to school and her elder brother was sent to learn a trade, my mum is over 60 years old. The likes of okonjo and Dora nkọ? When you lots say this one will be hoodwinked into thinking women only started going to school 10 years ago.
For christsake! Women all over the world... Out of the 750million illiterates, we make up the vast majority... Since the beginning, when the Europeans came... Who were encouraged to be educated? Was it not recently, a few decades that girls started going to school? undecided

Because your mom was sent to school, doesn't mean the girl next door isn't learning a trade such as tailoring or is not hawking in the streets... Your personal life doesn't affect the rest of the world and it's stupid to think that if the women in your family or the few you mentioned had it easy, then everything is easy for others... undecided

Women are still struggling to pass the notion that a girl's life doesn't start and end in the household...

Btw, why do we not argue about the education of boys the way we do for girls? Why do we need to even research when girls started being allowed into the classroom and not do so for boys? Because the system never favoured us... Because since the very beginning, boys have always been considered to be more intelligent or capable of learning...

So don't come here playing the victim...

3 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by kowalsky: 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:

The reason there's more emphasis on girl child education is because of the fact that girls around the world were not educated but expected to be wives and mothers... undecided

These campaigns have successfully balanced the equation... Do you even realise that in Nigeria, more boys than girls are educated? Do you even bloody care?

Before you complain, go criticize the men who made it a law that girls aren't intelligent enough or worthy to go to school...

That's why we are where we are... Patriarchy back fires!

How did patriarchy backfire you this toxic feminist. What we're seeing now is a reversal of the 'patriachy' and this op is right in asking why even in the subtext of this reversal there still seems to be an overemphasis on the girl child even while boys are neglected.

The patriarchy has regressed because 'concerned' men and enlightened women revolted against its toxic traditions. You've concietedly tagged it a failure as if to say men in the 21st century world were actively pushing for it as is typical of half bred feminists and their manic inclination to turn everything into a gender war.

Men, male children are being neglected. There's no one campaigning for their social welfare. Most people regard men, regardless of age as mules - persons born to tolerate whatever life throws at them without help cos they're 'males.'

Ladies are cradled to comfort and care at every chance with men functioning as shiny knights for damsels in distress.

No one cares about the men right now, cos why care in the first place. But eventually the world will pay for its blatant disregard and insentivity to the plights of the male gender. It might not manifest in this generation or the next four generations but nature has a way of adapting itself.
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
soundOsonic:

I couldn't read what you wrote. The moment is see people picking lines of others word I withdraw immediately. I don't do unhealthy talk. It is either you take it or leave it.

I thought I was the only one who saw her comments as unhealthy and full of hate...

She's just not worth conversing with at all...
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Mftivi: 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
Yes! Sexual abuse... One in three girls have been abused by a man... Before the age of 18... Most boys who have been abused were raped by fellow men...

Don't be stupidly sentimental... It's life balanced? Women are usually victims, hence the receive more attention...

Because they usually are... A girl child is more liable to be abused, trafficked, mistreated, denied of an education than their male counterparts... And the perpetrators of these crimes are most often men...

actually, you're pathetic...

That's why boys should be taught that patriarchy is wrong... It back fires... They should not take advantage of young girls... That would fix the problem...

Exactly! And these boys should be educated so they don't behave like animals like their fathers... But to be gentle men...

Lol! You're sick... So men abusing women is somewhat justified because they are jealous that the world campaigs for girls to not be raped or that they should go to school? Petty much? undecided

You think it's chocolate... The girls who've undergone female genitalịa mutilation? Married off as kids?

Treat a woman with respect and there's nothing to fear... undecided

Is Nairaland the real life? Are you that stupid? In the world put there, young girls are being abused, used as sex slaves and you're here mentioning Nairaland where we all do sh** to catch cruise? Sick! You're the one making this a 'girl child vs Us' thing...

The men who made women victims... Blame them... They cause this divide that we're obligated to bridge...

Isn't it a man's world? Aren't women the fairer sex... It's sad how men shot themselves in the foot with these arguments... undecided

Accept that men and women are equal... Only then would the issue of a man being a victim make sense to the general society...

But when you dimwits carry yourselves like demi-god, don't feel bad when we say you can not bleed.
the way you call data from thin air lol. Most boys that were abused were abused by males and you know this how ? Are you okay ? I am such victim and they are 90% females multiple and every other male friend I know who was abused was abused by a female, Y'all are sick with this nonsense agenda.
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Amhappy(f): 4:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
I think discussion on the boy child should be opened and treated as important.

The average boy gets little or no training
Sense of responsibility is very low
Morality is very very low
Boys are put on the streets as if they are not children
Some die,other toughen,some excel,some turn criminal
These boys grow up to be men and are expected to lead (more men are in leadership)
They are to lead families ,become husbands and fathers
When the head is incorrect the whole body suffers
Finally the society bears the blunt
The circle continues
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
soundOsonic:

Don't read... I've made my point... You had a problem, I made the attempt to explain myself... Next time, spare us both the b.s and ignore my comments... wink

3 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
Oyin2212:

Men and women can never be equal.
Then don't be mad when people support women who are 'weak' and in 'dire need of help'... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by LutanFyah: 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
You live under a rock!

BOYS ARE MORE LIKELY TO BE EDUCATED THAN GIRLS! undecided

Especially in Africa...
What has the education of the female gender gotten Africa after allowing them into the classroom for more than 100 years now?

What revolutionary theory or innovation have they given Africa for the privilege to go to school?
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by soundOsonic: 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2021
Favfables1:

I thought I was the only one who saw her comments as unhealthy and full of hate...

Very toxic, I try to avoid such people. I only told her let's talk about the male child instead of shifting focus.
She turned it to an epistle. The way to beat toxic people is by not feeding them with thesame toxic language. They always want to win an argument.

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2021
LutanFyah:
What has the education of the female gender gotten Africa after allowing them into the classroom for more than 100 years now?

What revolutionary theory or innovation have they given Africa for the privilege to go to school?
And the boys who've been educated?

Yahoo?
Ritualists?
Romance fraud?
Drug trafficking?
Human trafficking?
Corrupt leaders?

What have African men contributed? You've been leaders for years and all you've done is ruin Africa and its reputation?

It was still African men who sold their fellow Africans to the slavers... What did I expect? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Hamiltonii: 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2021
The boy child is brutalised and perpetually abused sexually at home, in school etc by MILFs, Cougars, and grannies lurking around the neighborhood.
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
Mftivi:
the way you call data from thin air lol. Most boys that were abused were abused by males and you know this how ? Are you okay ? I am such victim and they are 90% females multiple and every other male friend I know who was abused was abused by a female, Y'all are sick with this nonsense agenda.
90% of male rape was perpetuated by women? You had me laughing so hard then..

Fact, one in three women have been raped... While one in five boys have been raped...

And let's assume, that half the number of those who sexually abused these boys were female (which it isn't)... Doesn't that still make men the usual villians? undecided

Most boys raped were SODOMIZED... I don't think women have pẹnises...

And if all the men you know were raped, that's awful... But I'm a victim of sexual abuse... And most women too... I'm talking about penetration... Being forced, held down and raped... undecided

Accepting that women are mostly the victims of sexual abuse doesn't discredit the fact that boys are raped also... But don't try to downplay what young girls go through just to push some sick narrative... It's insulting and extremely wicked... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by LutanFyah: 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
And the boys who've been educated?

Yahoo?
Ritualists?
Romance fraud?
Drug trafficking?
Human trafficking?
Corrupt leaders?

What have African men contributed? You've been leaders for years and all you've done is ruin Africa and its reputation?

It was still African men who sold their fellow Africans to the slavers... What did I expect? undecided

We own Africa and everything inside (including you and your gender) and you can never do anything about it.

We will continue to do what we like with it till the end of time and there's nothing you and your gender can do about it ( you can rant though).
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
kowalsky:

How did patriarchy backfire you this toxic feminist. What we're seeing now is a reversal of the 'patriachy' and this op is right in asking why even in the subtext of this reversal there still seems to be an overemphasis on the girl child even while boys are neglected.

The patriarchy has regressed because 'concerned' men and enlightened women revolted against its toxic traditions. You've concietedly tagged it a failure as if to say men in the 21st century world were actively pushing for it as is typical of half bred feminists and their manic inclination to turn everything into a gender war.

Men, male children are being neglected. There's no one campaigning for their social welfare. Most people regard men, regardless of age as mules - persons born to tolerate whatever life throws at them without help cos they're 'males.'

Ladies are cradled to comfort and care at every chance with men functioning as shiny knights for damsels in distress.

No one cares about the men right now, cos why care in the first place. But eventually the world will pay for its blatant disregard and insentivity to the plights of the male gender. It might not manifest in this generation or the next four generations but nature has a way of adapting itself.
Do you even know the core of patriarchy? And how it affects men presently?

Because you missed the point...

Men said that they are mules... They said so because they believed themselves to be more stronger and resilient and intelligent... They said women are weak and irresponsible and emotional... They said only men should be allowed to be educated and only men should work... They said women should strive only to be housewives and mothers... They said a man's primary duty is to hustle and earn and provide for his family...

All these...years ago. But it's affecting men today...

The reason it seems no one cares for men...

How can the world care for the superior sex?

How can the world care for those who brag that it's a "man's world"?

How can the world care for the strong, independent men?

How can the world care for men who believe themselves to be gods?

It's all stupid... But men said women were weak... Women were treated harshly for being weak and taken advantage of... Now, the world finds it hard to believe that men are also victims!

It's not our fault, it's yours...

I dare you to tell your friends that a younger woman raped you... The men in the group would laugh... Even ask if it was fun...

I see alot of young men joke how they want to be raped and i feel so disappointed... Because when it happens, who would take them seriously? It's all fun and games, right?

2 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
LutanFyah:

We own Africa and everything inside (including you and your gender) and you can never do anything about it.

We will continue to do what we like with it till the end of time and there's nothing you and your gender can do about it ( you can rant though).
I love how you would change your tune soon...to complain that women are more 'priviledged'... undecided
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by CHoccolaTE: 5:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
LutanFyah:

I hope the Op of this thread reads this comment to understand why men are neglected.

You males keep perpetuating the notion that females are inferior and weak and incapable of doing what men can do.
Now that partriarchial bullshit is making men bear unfair burden because they turned themselves to superior demigods they will still come out to blame women for their suffering.

Silly nitwits.

2 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by CHoccolaTE: 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:

I dare you to tell your friends that a younger woman raped you... The men in the group would laugh... Even ask if it was fun...

I see alot of young men joke how they want to be raped and i feel so disappointed... Because when it happens, who would take them seriously? It's all fun and games, right?

Dont mind him.
Nigerian men like playing victim. If a man says he was molested by a woman, his fellow men will mock him and disregard his complain.
The same molested man will still blame women for the fact that Male sexual assault is not taken seriously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by okosunehis: 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2021
Angela62:
Not until I gave birth to my son and started raising them, before I understood the kinds of challenges the male child faces. Society is built on the false premise that women have challenges only, and men are the cause if it. So therefore, male child are ignored. Before I use to tout anything female, but now, I can see that it's not a good approach because both gender suffer.

But I ask myself, after developing and elevating women, will they date and marry themselves? Isn't the same men that society ignored and don't want to invest upon will be their future husband, Co workers, pastors and much more? You can't tell me you love women and want to help them, why refusing to help men, same men that the majority of female happiness comes from. The earlier we open our eyes to the bigger picture, the better for all of us.

Thank you for thoughtful and unbiased post. The world can do much more by being less tribalistic right now. We all need to promote each other without trying to pull down one another. We all have challenges. The most simplistic or myopic assumption anyone can make is that only girls/women have challenges. Nature places a burden on men by making them stronger physically. This puts them in more dangerous situations, whether for the right or wrong reasons. This is why men are ones mostly killed as victims and perpetrators of wars, all in a bid to protect their communities, especially the weaker women and children.

On the other hand, women have the burden of maternal functionality. This responsibility compels women to tend to the home more while the man has to fend for the family. The woman cannot have and raise forebears outdoors and the man cannot fend for the family indoors. That is why men generally have a lower life expectancy. It is a very vain lack of humility that makes anybody refer to our ancestors as backwards when all we enjoy today was built on the foundation they laid, over hundreds and thousands of years.

In life, the strong and privileged should protect the weak and disadvantaged, from danger and harm, whether caused by man or by nature. We all need each other and we all need to help each other.

2 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by CHoccolaTE: 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2021
okosunehis:

We all need each other and we all need to help each other.

Simple.

Every gender has roles they play in keeping society running smoothly. No gender is inferior or less inportant and no gender is superior demigod that can carry burden of the world on his head.

We should help and be kind to each other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Omoluabiii(m): 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2021
There are always two worlds.
The society world,
and
The reality world.
Please at all times, always know, that
the society world with all its dealings and activities are so fake, so untrue.
This is where the idea of men re superior comes in.
In the society world, you ll hear words like,
men re the head.
Its improper for a man to cry.
Men re superior.
A man can do whatever he likes in as much as he has the money.
These are the rules of the social world, that bites deep when anyone chose it, and start living their lives with it.
The society world have no real advantage to give anyone who choose it. it is only of advantage to them that created it...... And thats why you see who gets the advantage most in the society...
Because, when you chose the society world, the reality will bite such fellow.
And when you ignore the societal world, reality will favour such fellow.

The second world, which is the reality world, gives equality, tranquility, peace no ego, and no superiority.
But so many of our parents dont want to live the realistic life.
They chose the society life, and so they chose the society rules.
Rules like,
you re a man,
you re superior to a woman!
Its men's world....
These rules, keep making it hard and hard and hard by the day..
This will not change until we bring reality to the society, and bring equality to both gender, instead of superiority...
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by bepositive11: 5:25pm On Nov 25, 2021
Godoverevery:
After doing alot of research online to see if UNICEF or Government really care about a boy child..... i found out nobody cares.

This a thread to let female folks understand the hate towards them now isn't something that just pop up from nowhere but more psychological which is cause by neglect from society and harsh laws toward men.

There are several millions of campaigns in every part of the world towards fighting for the girl child....infact there are millions of activist fighting everyday for this agenda but no one is talking about the boy child.

We talk about rape,molestation,child marriage etc which are very bad toward the girl child but what about child labour which is actually what most boys up north face everyday.
Does it means mothers don't love there son?? or they feel is right for a boy to be on the street survivaling on his own from tender age of 10??

Are we saying having little boys doing labour in site, boy soldiers in war zone,sleeping on the street, going through molestation in hands of there oga etc is a lesser evil compare to rape,child marriage etc.

Everyone talks about what a girl child pass through in the north but not for one day has anyone spoken about what boys are facing which is much more......a boy of 5yrs in the north is on the street already doing various things to survive infact he can even be taking money to his mother and sisters to feed.....some are taken by boko haram forced into fighting a war.

We all talk about chibok girls but no one has talked about some boys book haram kidnapped years back and force them to join the war...those who were not willing to join were executed instantly.

Am not trying to bring a gender war here am just trying to bring this to people mind...the likes of tonto dike, iyabo ojo etc who have sons should also speak up for the boy child....isn't only the girl child that needs protection.

There are several laws created everyday to protect the female gender all over the world even absurd ones (like Ronaldinho paying 13k £ to a ex gf every month as maintenance fee) which is a Brazilian law and Canada is also trying to pass the same law.....how won't this cause hate??

Even though most of this laws are created by fellow men who i think are just simply foolish but ladies need not to exploit it..

Government of the world need to create laws to protect men/boy as well.

Things need to change else this hate will keep on increasing...government and society need to start advocating the boy child rights too so this feel of ño one cares which is transforming to hate towards female gender will stop.

The same way we are condemning rape of minors and child marriages let condemn child labour, boy soldiers, let condemn why the society feel comfortable with seeing minor boys on the streets.

Let speak up for boy child aswell.

The girl child is more vulnerable than the boy child. Period

Women are more vulnerable than men too.

When you really think about the risks the girl child faces, it's due to the boy child and men most of the times

That doesn't mean that the boy child should be neglected though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by AdedoyinO(f): 5:28pm On Nov 25, 2021
I am an advocate for the boy child but I hate the narrative that women are responsible for whatever the boy child is going through.

The OP for instance has blamed mothers for failing to speak up for the boy child (that a lie though because as far as I know, at least in Africa, mothers generally pamper their sons than their daughters).

The feminist movements and the advocatefor the right of the girl child were championed by women and mothers not men. So that begs the question why haven't men and fathers began to speak and fight for the right of the boy child?
You are waiting for women to do that on behalf of silent men abi?

In the long run, both gender face issues but while one is vocal and expressive about her challenges, the other decides to be egoistic and macho about his and yet turn around to blame the other gender for his woes.

Anyways, there are not for profit organizations in Nigeria that are exclusively for the right of the boy child. One is Boys Quarters Africa, and thankfully the founder is a young man who has decided to do something about the peculiar issues of his gender, and not wait for girl rights advocates to change their agenda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 25, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

Dont mind him.
Nigerian men like playing victim. If a man says he was molested by a woman, his fellow men will mock him and disregard his complain.
The same molested man will still blame women for the fact that Male sexual assault is not taken seriously.
Exactly! The worse is that none of these men complaining here would dedicate a fraction of a second to advocate for the rights of boys... But they would create a hundred threads attacking women who are eorking hard to fight for young girls... It's simply their malice for women rather than love for their fellow men...

2 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by djon78(m): 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
Favfables1:

Na people that even have the time

Anyway I am happy that this awareness is getting interest concerning the boy child

My foundation which is just starting is strictly focused on young boys to give them an edge in life

What the boy child is passing through is terrible

Many boy children are not prepared for the future
And we owe it to them to help them get ready for the unpredictable future facing them

Very happy for this awareness

More of it
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
djon78:

Na people that even have the time

Anyway I am happy that this awareness is getting interest concerning the boy child

My foundation which is just starting is strictly focused on young boys to give them an edge in life

What the boy child is passing through is terrible

Many boy children are not prepared for the future
And we owe it to them to help them get ready for the unpredictable future facing them

Very happy for this awareness

More of it

Kudos sir on the kick off of your foundation...
I'd like to know more...
Is there any material I can browse through?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? / Some African Parents Destroy Beautiful Love Relationships With Their Prejudices / My Mother Inlaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.