Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149331 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 8:42pm On Jun 18, 2011
Today is another beautiful day. All is set for monday. Pic update to follow soon
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by AmAlone: 8:54pm On Jun 18, 2011
Na wa ooo!! cool cool cool
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by AmAlone: 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2011
Anytime I get to the property sections,
I am always very attracted to this thread(because of the topic I guess wink)
But I don't understand why on Earth someone will want to
teach us how to build or something without giving/sharing (with) us the cost implications.

It is very easy to say so far spent is 2 or 5m
But if you go into details with us and if you are very honest
in sharing these details here with us, at least we too can learn from it
just like the previous thread. It was so interesting because there were lots
of contributors. And everyone was sharing details!!!

Without giving us details of the cost as it goes, I don't think there will be anything
special about this then - Just like every normal uncompleted buildings we see by the street.

So I don't see any good reason why I will want to waste my time on this!!!!

MY2CENT!!!!
Seriously I still Can't Figure It Out!!!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:43am On Jun 19, 2011
Am Alone:

Anytime I get to the property sections,
I am always very attracted to this thread(because of the topic I guess wink)
But I don't understand why on Earth someone will want to
teach us how to build or something without giving/sharing (with) us the cost implications.

It is very easy to say so far spent is 2 or 5m
But if you go into details with us and if you are very honest
in sharing these details here with us, at least we too can learn from it
just like the previous thread. It was so interesting because there were lots
of contributors. And everyone was sharing details!!!

Without giving us details of the cost as it goes, I don't think there will be anything
special about this then - Just like every normal uncompleted buildings we see by the street.

So I don't see any good reason why I will want to waste my time on this!!!!

MY2CENT!!!!
Seriously I still Can't Figure It Out!!!

It might not be the unconnected with the desires of the owner of the house. Maybe he wants the costs to be kept out of it, just a thread for him to monitor progress, but we can learn the steps involved in a building process from here.

1 Like

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:10am On Jun 19, 2011
@Am Alone, I understand your point and we are keeping records. I just need approval from my client. This is not my house.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:56am On Jun 20, 2011
Today is the foundation laying. Pic updates to follow later
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:37pm On Jun 20, 2011
brabus:

Keep up the good work
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2011
brabus:

Keep up the good work my man.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 5:35pm On Jun 20, 2011
Good job bro!

your foundation seem shallow for a storey building.
whats the depth?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2011
Thank you bro, unfortunately my internet service has been intermittent for some days now, so I cannot upload pics. I promise to update as soon as service is restored.

@Fidelo726, the foundation is not shallow, you need to see the pics again. I'll upload some pretty soon.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:11pm On Jun 20, 2011
Eyes are so watching and head wanna learn too
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 12:25am On Jun 21, 2011
Special thanks to Caseymoney for assisting in posting pic update to the thread.
More pic to follow as soon as my internet service is restored.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by caseymoney(m): 12:30am On Jun 21, 2011
On behalf of Brabus, attached is the picture of his ongoing project.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by caseymoney(m): 12:31am On Jun 21, 2011
More picx

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by caseymoney(m): 12:32am On Jun 21, 2011
More picx

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 12:47am On Jun 21, 2011
Niceeeeeeeeeeeee . . . . When i see people doing this kinda job and the amount of money they are making, it really breaks my heart, cos i think that is some real hard labor that does not jive with what they are making.
they are in the sun all day
No balance diet food
I just pray that God will continue to provide for people like brabus and Spyder to be able to keep giving them job
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:30am On Jun 21, 2011
Thanks Fhemmy.

One obvious thing I want us to see in the pic above is that my client will spend less on filling. When you want to buy a land, do get an expert. You may be surprised at what you'll save in the long run.

We can use this project to do a side-by-side comparison with mine showcased on page 5 of the thread "The real cost of building a six bedroom duplex" as we are following the same standard.

Today, we used 20 bags of cement for the blinding and 465 blocks were consumed.

All things being equal, we should do the german flooring by Wednesday next week. What about filling, ramming and watering, you may want to ask?

There's a borehole in the neighbouring compound and we've already contracted the job to six mallam who were just awaiting the bricklayers to finish their work. And according to metrological information obtained, there would be 2 rain next week (precisely sunday and monday)
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by caseymoney(m): 3:30am On Jun 21, 2011
More pictures for eyes, courtesy Brabus.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by caseymoney(m): 3:39am On Jun 21, 2011
More pictures for eyes, courtesy Brabus.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:07am On Jun 21, 2011
Coming out nice and smooth, very straight lines, very neat job. Nice pictures. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:42am On Jun 21, 2011
brabus:

Thanks Fhemmy.

One obvious thing I want us to see in the pic above is that my client will spend less on filling. When you want to buy a land, do get an expert. You may be surprised at what you'll save in the long run.

We can use this project to do a side-by-side comparison with mine showcased on page 5 of the thread "The real cost of building a six bedroom duplex" as we are following the same standard.

Today, we used 20 bags of cement for the blinding and 465 blocks were consumed.

All things being equal, we should do the german flooring by Wednesday next week. What about filling, ramming and watering, you may want to ask?

There's a borehole in the neighbouring compound and we've already contracted the job to six mallam who were just awaiting the bricklayers to finish their work. And according to metrological information obtained, there would be 2 rain next week (precisely sunday and monday)

True, a land with a tilted slant will always require more sand for filling as against a flat land. But I know a man in Enugu who specializes in buying rejected lands that are so terrible you will not think of buying it. He only makes sure the location is superb. He spent nearly N8m last year to do only foundation in a land that has a small stream passing through it. the land was so bad that bulldozers were afraid of working there. But he has completed a block of office floors on that land now.

Keep up the good work and I also give thanks to caseymoney for pasting those lovely pictures.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by AmAlone: 7:03am On Jun 21, 2011
That's Clean!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:03am On Jun 21, 2011
Thank you spyder880 and many thanks to caseymoney for the pic updates. I cannot imagine what life will be without internet and you guys.

Today, block setting continues, I think we'll continue to do it like this till my link is restored.

Another goodnews is that I've gotten approval to share the cost of building with the house. Many thanks to my client for affording us the opportunity.

Cost updates to follow soon
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by AmAlone: 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2011
brabus:

Thank you spyder880 and many thanks to caseymoney for the pic updates. I cannot imagine what life will be without internet and you guys.

Today, block setting continues, I think we'll continue to do it like this till my link is restored.

Another goodnews is that I've gotten approval to share the cost of building with the house. Many thanks to my client for affording us the opportunity.

Cost updates to follow soon

Now you fit count me put!!! grin grin grin
You know na. As I dey enjoy the pictures and your jist, I want to dey digest them all with the cost!!!
Bros I go tackle you well well o!!!! grin grin grin But I go still keep your thread clean kiss kiss kiss
But bros abeg make you try to give us every every involved. So that we all fit learn indeed wetin e dey
take to build house. So when we take your estimate,spyder own and the others we go fit get a clear picture!!!!
Okay? Peace!!!!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2011
Am Alone:

Now you fit count me put!!! grin grin grin
You know na. As I dey enjoy the pictures and your jist, I want to dey digest them all with the cost!!!
Bros I go tackle you well well o!!!! grin grin grin But I go still keep your thread clean kiss kiss kiss
But bros abeg make you try to give us every every involved. So that we all fit learn indeed wetin e dey
take to build house. So when we take your estimate,spyder own and the others we go fit get a clear picture!!!!
Okay? Peace!!!!

Its a good thing, my client has also given approval for all costs to be specified on his duplex thread.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by MPEROR: 2:23pm On Jun 21, 2011
Thank your client 4 us at least we can keep our eyes on the price of cement.What is the price of cement in Lagos,Enugu and Uyo if any one in the forum knows thanks keep up the good work we are proud of YOU GUYS
Nigeria we hail thee
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2011
thank you brabus and caseymoney.

the block forming is cool and hope it remains so.
keep up the good work
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2011
Am Alone, what's the current cost of land in yr area? I have some orders to fill.

I'll be updating the cost associated to the building once I get to my system. I'm using my mobile phone now
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Jun 21, 2011
So much loving this
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:23pm On Jun 21, 2011
Today, we didn't do much because it drizzle all day. We were only able to use 12 bags of cement. We've raised some area to level. Pic update to follow soon.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 8:43pm On Jun 21, 2011
Looking forward to seeing the pix
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 9:11am On Jun 22, 2011
brabus:

Today, we didn't do much because it drizzle all day. We were only able to use 12 bags of cement. We've raised some area to level. Pic update to follow soon.

Good you are out of the first course. the rain will definitely not affect you much.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.