Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,248 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

What Attracted You To Your Current Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Attracted You To Your Current Church (11312 Views)

Why Do You Choose Your Current Church Denomination..? / Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? / I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by KingDash: 11:12am On Dec 05, 2021
Tallino25:
Most people work with their spirit when choosing a church to belong

While some others join churches based on happenings within the church

While some are in a church due to their parents or family association with the church

And so many other reasons...

So given to this what particular attribute or aspect got your spirit to accept your current church...

Modified:Pls Indicate the name of the church and what got you there,somebody here can be searching for that particular attribute and be in church today you know wink
money.. the girl and her family get bastard money. oh na church matter, I no dey go church. me na confam devil.
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by 1EmmyKay: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2021
775chris:
I want to leave my current church
Go to my church "Apostolic Faith Church" you'd be glad you did
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by 9jaTalks(m): 11:14am On Dec 05, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u0UBBxThuQ
GOD BLESS YOU RICHLY AS YOU LISTEN.
DEEPER IN LOVE - DON MOEN ( GODSWILL COVER )
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Kennycoded(m): 11:17am On Dec 05, 2021
RCCG... My pastor commitment and level of punctuality

1 Like

Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Iamthoney(m): 11:17am On Dec 05, 2021
Na by default I take begin dey go my current church cos na inside them born, baptized and christened me.
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by merits(m): 11:21am On Dec 05, 2021
;DNa aunty Philo back side that attracted me to my new church,and missioned accomplished am signing out this sunday shocked

Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Perfecttouch(m): 11:33am On Dec 05, 2021
EnemyofGod22:
God and satan doesn't exist

Know this and have peace of mind.
and you believe this world just came to be by accident? May the lord visit you

1 Like

Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Realhommie(m): 11:34am On Dec 05, 2021
Heard this man preaching on the radio twice and i knew i had to worship in the church he pastors. His name is Reverend Oje Ohiwerei and the church is Heritage Assembly.

Prior, i had this burning in my spirit to know more of God. So I had the conviction once I heard the man that I'll grow spiritually there.

2 Likes

Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Emma1Oj(m): 11:38am On Dec 05, 2021
I so love the way Pastor Poju Oyemade(TCN" The covenant nation) Teaches and Preach the word of God.

1 Like

Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by MrMacinterchi1: 11:40am On Dec 05, 2021
silibaba:
No non Catholic can make heaven. Go and read Mathew very deep.

This is believe.
heaven is for everybody. even traditionalist
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Iammeemee(m): 11:41am On Dec 05, 2021
I no get current church. I dey my house
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
OtemAtum:
These days I go to church like once in a year and the reason I go there is because I want to see the extent of the impact of our campaign against religion online, offline and especially on nairaland. To tell you the truth, the things we irreligious people say and do are making impacts in the society. Religious people are already becoming more irreligious globally as the AGE OF AQUARIUS is getting more intense day by day, while Jehovah, Allah, Moloch and thousands of religious gods remain caged in their spiritual cage.
While I do not dispute with you the fact that " religious people are becoming more irreligious globally " and " the age of Aquarius " is getting more intense (more like deceitful)
Just as the Good Book says, " those who know their God will be strong (hold on to what they believe to be true) , and they shall do exploits. " Daniel 11...verses something sha...
Even in this present age. But wait, the age of Horus has already gone?
Aquarius sounds very watery...Water-like. also known as Marine world. grin
So permit me to say it's the marine kingdom that is championing this one. The high-tech products and medical field with their innovations, here and there. All courtesy of the age of Aquarius, right? Right!

2 Likes

Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
1EmmyKay:
Go to my church "Apostolic Faith Church" you'd be glad you did
Lol. Coincidentally, it's apostolic Faith I made up my mind, two weeks ago to join as a potential member. I watched their procession on TV (AIT) Their Jabi branch. And I heard a lot of newly ordained leaders where from my State.. lol.. and the members too. So, I just felt,
' hmmmm...why now give it a try...you might feel at home and still get to make one or two friends '
But beyond all of these, the church seems to be different from most Pentecostals and their practices. I want a solemn assembly. Not too much showing off of fashion and unecessary distractions while service is ongoing.
I just hope they're different Sha...I've been testing church after church... looking for where I'll feel happiest at.
But , the most important church is the one in your heart. The real house of God. You.
But , from a physical point of view, I want a church that rebukes us, chastises us, teaches the unadulterated word, still is enjoyable, not too many youths ( oh yes...I don't like)
And where I can join a choir and finally show my singing ability. I'm shy to join one in my current church.. grin. Or I just feel that that is not where I feel I'm needed. I know what I want....but will I find it? That's another thing.

2 Likes

Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Originakalokalo(m): 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
OtemAtum:
These days I go to church like once in a year and the reason I go there is because I want to see the extent of the impact of our campaign against religion online, offline and especially on nairaland. To tell you the truth, the things we irreligious people say and do are making impacts in the society. Religious people are already becoming more irreligious globally as the AGE OF AQUARIUS is getting more intense day by day, while Jehovah, Allah, Moloch and thousands of religious gods remain caged in their spiritual cage.

Colossians 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁵ Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
¹⁶ For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
¹⁷ And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

You're fighting a battle that's bigger than you.

Jesus said...."I will build my church and the gate of hell shall not prevail against it"

You are infinitesimal in the scheme of things....

1 Like

Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
Non-denominational
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by cigie(m): 12:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
Myer:

What difference does this make?
More important is that you don't remain the way you came.

I was attracted by the music ministrations and packaging but ended up being captured by the sermons. The depth of the word and how the pastor broke down seemingly incomprehensible scriptures.

Which church please
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by ashawopikin(m): 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
Na their rich and fine babes o, today na Sunday I no go lie, the girls too plenty for my church
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by silibaba: 12:33pm On Dec 05, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

heaven is for everybody. even traditionalist
is not true.

Only Catholics can make heaven.
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Letalkme: 12:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
The true about the word of God..
God is One not three in one..
The commandments of God are not grevious but the churches have made it grevious..
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Christy1759: 12:35pm On Dec 05, 2021
My own I don't have special place of worship,I worship where god lives because God is supreme
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by MrHighSea: 12:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Current Church? sad

This only implies the Christian moving from Church to Church.. undecided

Well, Catholic here!..
Been one since birth and I don't see myself leaving@any time soon..

I like the Simplicity, Love, Togetherness and Non-discrimination the Catholic Church practices!... smiley
True.
I don't believe in "I was born into it" concept.
I'm seriously considering porting to Catholic.
I've attended Mass countless times.
Simplicity, Orderliness, not competing for members, no future seers, love the choir, NO UNNECESSARILY LOUD MUSIC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by deolumike(m): 12:37pm On Dec 05, 2021
OtemAtum:
keep punching the air. You'll get that black belt for being a world heavyweight champion. Just keep angling at the wind.

Al'ainise. Oniranu.

God doesn't exist to you yet you spend so much energy and time to discredit him. Lol

Failed atheist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Champneys: 12:37pm On Dec 05, 2021
Fake miracles and bogus giveaways wink
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Myer(m): 12:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
cigie:

Which church please

There are so many pentecostal churches around esp in Lagos that fall under this category cos I've visited many. Find the one you connect with the worship and sermon.

You should do your visit. But the church is not among the popular churches. That doesnt mean popular churches don't have parishes/branches/provinces where you can get the same.
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by MrMacinterchi1: 12:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
silibaba:
is not true.
grin
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Myer(m): 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
silibaba:
is not true.

Pls share your reason.
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Loreettaa: 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
DIGC.. The worship attracted me. I just had to go back there again and again and again.
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Angy55(f): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
papagiddy:
The word,,evangelism, excellence, prayers, timeliness, praises and worships, bible reading provoking church,.....the name of the church is;;; The master s place international Church, in Warri and OGBOMOSO

Fine babes full that church ooo. Church when every body dey package...
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by FuckOsuPigs: 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Na puna
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by brightleave(m): 1:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Ain't no niggarrrr of church and chirsitianity

I hate religion with passion

You must be a real niggarr

No God...No Satan...

What we have is the knowledge of good and evil instill in our mind from birth
This is one of the single relevant thing I don here from you after many many years
Re: What Attracted You To Your Current Church by Hotspotbro(m): 1:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kajaard:

Correct. Catholic church 2 hours max. Mass starts 9am and by 11am we are out of there. No delaying unlike these other yeye denominations with fake pastors and church members.
the church I go does 2 hrs on Sunday and sometimes 1 hr.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe / White People Are Worshiping EBOLA Virus And It Looks Like They Are Doing Magic! / QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.