Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? (21718 Views)

How Can I Handle My Younger Brother / How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 1:04pm On Dec 28, 2021
Lol yes

When I was serving in Oyo state, I went to fetch water opposite our lodge that day. While waiting for my turn, these two ladies started to converse in Yoruba language, insulting me and rubbishing the nice hair do I had on, they said so much you’d think we have actually quarreled in the past.
I don’t really look Yoruba(mixed) so it was easy for them to assume I am Igbo considering the fact that Igbos are mostly posted to that town.
I didn’t reply, I just smiled then immediately I saw one of my friends passing by, I called and greeted the friend in Yoruba language, also had a brief communication with the friend speaking Yoruba...the other two ladies wanted to enter the ground! The shock on their faces was just too obvious and everywhere became quiet grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Franktom247(m): 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2021
Go to sawmill and buy 2by2 wood tell them to add formica and let it dry under the sun till december 31 on january 1st use am go wish the woman happy new year by hitting it on her head

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Ayo081(m): 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2021
People want to be loved and called friends. You should know that something of such will happen if you don't patronize her.

Bet you would feel the same you might not just talk Ill about her.

It's part of life and being human. Whole lot of things happen in other aspect of life and we expect people to understand and move on. But we're humans with emotions.

Think about it, that market woman wouldn't rush to your house when you have an emergency.

You should have adopted a method of buy 4 from the market buy 1 from her.

I'm about to battle mine and I know people will talk Ill. It's a lesson.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by nedekid: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
Just ignore and carryon normally.
Na that one de pain pass.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
So, I have this neighbor who sells some stuff but for some reasons, I wasn't comfortable buying from her. I buy from the market. This really got her angry and I didn't even know this until recently when she would mention it.

To what really happened, I was home one day and she probably assumed I wasn't. She started saying very terrible things about me to another neighbor that it scared me that another human being would really do that. I was very angry while I was inside my room deciding what exactly to do. I thought of confronting but I decided against it. Eventually I went out, greeted both of them and she was shocked that I was at home. I could see guilt written all over her even days after.

Have you walked in on people or heard by chance people talking ill and evil about you? How did you handle it?
Wat exactly did she say?
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by sylve11: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
Kriss216:
Women and Gossip undecided

Nothing about this gender is worth emulating.

Tueh!

Guy, you never enter Ijaw communities before? The men are leading in that aspect.

@op, it's always like that. I'd advise you to leave that environment. They have negative vibrations and it's not good for you. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by nnamdi640: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
My brother calm down. Remember what Tuface said ' if nobody talk about you then know you are nobody'. That is the nature of people including those you did nothing to. Just leave them to talk, they will get tired one day.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Ryan14(m): 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
*Live in harmony (Romans 12:16)
*Don’t hold a grudge (Lev 19:18)
*Seek the good of others (1 Cor 10:24)
*Be sympathetic (1 Peter 3:cool

“For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” in Galatians 5:14.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Vokians(m): 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2021
My advice is you should try to at least petronize her sometimes. So you don't know that it hurt too. Are you quarrelling with her that you will not buy a single thing from her one day. Put yourself in her shoe and imagine how you will feel. Show love by petronizing her goods sometimes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2021
It is normal for neighbors to gossip especially when you don't mingle with them.
You did well to ignore the gossipers.
I remember living in a face me and face with some psycho ladies who like to look for my trouble but no matter what they do, I always ignore them.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by phemmyfour: 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
So, I have this neighbor who sells some stuff but for some reasons, I wasn't comfortable buying from her. I buy from the market. This really got her angry and I didn't even know this until recently when she would mention it.

To what really happened, I was home one day and she probably assumed I wasn't. She started saying very terrible things about me to another neighbor that it scared me that another human being would really do that. I was very angry while I was inside my room deciding what exactly to do. I thought of confronting but I decided against it. Eventually I went out, greeted both of them and she was shocked that I was at home. I could see guilt written all over her even days after.

Have you walked in on people or heard by chance people talking ill and evil about you? How did you handle it?
Who cares.... sometimes I do talk about myself to myself and still doesn't change my next line of action
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Nyanabo(m): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2021
You've already started killing her slowly by greeting her after bad-mouthing you. Continue doing so.

Moreover you are very important to her or maybe you are her headache if not why would a reasonable human being leave everything (s)he is supposed to do to gossip about another person ?

No let person kill your joy with their talk oh, whether you are in a good terms or bad terms with them, people must always have something to say about you. So why work yourself to be people-pleaser ?

If we all direct the energy we use in focusing on our neighbors or colleagues, we would do very well.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by joyousever(f): 1:15pm On Dec 28, 2021
I swear! I just tire for the reaction.
KiNg0G:
you went out and greeted them?

and came back inside your house? jubilating because you thought you saw mere guilt in her face

what were you trying to prove?.... you seem like those ajebutters kinda breed.

make i tell you how mama okemute go handle am for area here.

She go carry chair come outside, then she go tell them to continue.
because she too still get her own to talk.

full area go scatter

na Dc go settle the matter... make hu na stop to dey act like ajebo.
na 9ja we dey o....if you do smei smei for your present them go use you play ball.
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by firstbornson(m): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2021
Dailyparrot:
Let me share my experience in my house.

I am the type that don't talk to people and this makes them assume that I am arrogant and proud.

So, the whole people in the compound are just waiting for anything that they will use to mock me but I didn't give them any.

When I see people sitting on my car, I would scream and tell them to desist from that.

Boom, they are gossiping that I feel like I drive one kind big car that no one else drives.

Secondly, because I like moving with slim girls with pretty face, they gossip that I carry under age girls.

These were gossips that they had within themselves until I had a little misunderstanding with one of them, voom, she started vomiting all that they have been talking at my back but I give no single f_ck.

I told them to call the police on me any time they see me move in with any girl they suspected to be underage and as for my car, you can't carry your oversized self and sit on my bonnet as though it is a seat.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Bahamas95(m): 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hmm, some people can tolerate Sha.

I am somehow cool in nature but that doesn't mean I won't bite when provoked.....It's not good to be too cold, people would take advantage and always step on your toes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Bellerophon: 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
Opinions are subjective and mostly emotive, facts however in contradiction are truths and thus sacred! Opinion is public and cheap as anybody can afford it! As an adult, experience should have taught you enough to prioritize value over insignificance! Why taint your peace with concern over something anyone and everyone can afford? Even babies have opinions and it even gets cheaper! It is not in the business of adulthood to actively aim to shape second hand opinion! It is like trying to make an okrika or second hand clothing into crisply ironed and tailored clothings proudly wearing new labels! Futile!

People have minds to think and mouths to talk and what they choose to think or say even God does not control, how then you? Ignoring external perception and concentrating on a conscious identity according to the dictates of your conscience and the precepts of your virtues is the beginning of self awareness! Life is an individual journey where you are permanently positioned on the drivers seat! Small people are addicted to gossip, as they grow in stature in the shadows of their lies and deceptions! Be the bigger person and evict them from your head! A new year is almost becoming, don’t allow unruly tenants in your head living rent free! Happiness is a choice and it doesn’t cost a cent!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by joyousever(f): 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
The poster is a fellow lady like the said neighbour.
Preciieux:
She has a crush on you...

She's talking about you to draw your attention and it's working....

Next thread you'll open will be " I fell in love with lady who talked about me after I refused to buy something from her"

Lastly Why do you even care? Do you have a crush on her
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Probz(m): 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
I’ve been dealing with it for a while.
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by iLegendd(m): 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

No, because I keep people far away from me.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by HEBEI: 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ignore her!!! She go tire one day.
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by abayimi567: 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
Boss i would advise u look away and ignore bcs same tin done happen to me but my own na another version, he come be say na my family even do dis one too me back den .
Na my mama brother even do me strong tin dae back bite me speak hill about me...
But God eventually vidicate me.... Bros jst look away.. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by illicit(m): 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
Next time tell them u heard everything and tell them that you are disappointed

They will apologise and u just let it go

Talking about people behind them is normal
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by HRSweetness(f): 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

This is the best and most mature approach.
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Nkemella: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2021
Kriss216:
Women and Gossip undecided

Nothing about this gender is worth emulating.

Tueh!
If you don't Know what to say Kindly ZIP your mouth .

Tueh
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Babisha10(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hmm I can also relate to this in my area oo gossiping around with my name cos I stop buying from her shop, I'm just waiting for the day I'll hear my name coming out of her mouth the whole area won't contain us that day... I hate rubbish

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Kirkman: 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
If there's one thing that I have learnt the hard way about these set of people is just ignore them, it will only hurt them the more deep within them. Pass and behave as if they don't exist, don't confront them cos it's only waste of your valuable time.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by HRSweetness(f): 1:24pm On Dec 28, 2021
illicit:
Next time tell them u heard everything and tell them that you are disappointed

They will apologise and u just let it go

Talking about people behind them is normal

It's best the way she handled it. Never let your naysayers know what you know, keep them uncomfortable and on their toes. That way, they'd never be sure what to expect from you and will be careful to execute evil towards you.

And, talking behind peoples backs, isn't normal. It is born out of idleness and small mindedness.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by freeman67: 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2021
This is a normal thing that you shouldn't allow to bother you. Lots of people want to cajole/blackmail their friends, relations and neighbours to buying what they sell even when those involved are not so comfortable. Personally, I feel those people should be more concerned at addressing the reason why people that are supposed to get things from them are going elsewhere to buy.

Some of these reasons are:
1. Unnecessary inflation of prices which most times leads to not being able to sell fresh items early enough and as a result leads to...

2. Lack of fresh items / availability of expired items.

3. Gossiping instead of facing their business which is the main reason for them coming out, they would be discussing other people's business.

Though, they sometimes succeed in hoodwinking some shy and indecisive people. However, so long as you are not going to depend on them when broke: collecting on credit to pay back when you have the money, then it is fine to just do what's best for yourself. Buy from where you feel comfortable.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by illicit(m): 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2021
HRSweetness:

It's best the way she handled it. Never let your naysayers know what you know, keep them uncomfortable and on their toes. That way, they'd never be sure what to expect from you and will be careful to execute evil towards you.

Yes

The point is not to fight them but make them understand that you are disappointed

I once caught my neighbor telling my girlfriend bad things about me
I joined them, I made her understand right there that I heard everything and disappointed because I won't do such to her

I joined their conversation but I changed topics

She started crying in the middle of the conversation and we started begging her to stop
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Opeyemiextra(f): 1:32pm On Dec 28, 2021
HRSweetness:

This is the best and most mature approach.
Thank you. I hate exchanging words with people, knowing it could degenerate into a fight or worse.
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? by Opeyemiextra(f): 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
iLegendd:

No, because I keep people far away from me.

How do you really do that, though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Name Abraham Daniel: Have You Seen This Man? / What People Don't Know: Why We Pray With Alligator Pepper And Kolanut / How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.