Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri (6464 Views)

'EFCC Probe Them': Reno Omokri Releases Song On Tinubu, Dances In The Video / Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. / So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by EnEnPeecee: 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
Truthvalue44:

I am not your brother indeed my ancestors were not slaves in Brazil.
Also there is nothing left to discuss here, you are a fanatic who ignores logics, now I will ignore you.
a sign of surrender if i may ask ? Good night bro. If you care to know more, study more without bias

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 07, 2022
Asiri1991:

[s]What else? It's in you. You name yourself, which is good; and turn around to name another person. Or you accuse whomever fails to succumb to your dumb analogy of ethnic theft. Be yourself and stop roping everyone else into your tribe, if you have one. Never equate us to the Brazilian slaves of the present day south western Nigeria called Yorubas. We are Bini. Get it into your head bro. Learn not to confuse history with myth as the latter is fictitious and the former is fact based with myriad of evidence to prove itself. It would have not been a mirage for me to accept we are descendants of the Yorubas had there been empirical evidence to justify it. We are all humans. However, I will always go with the position of John Lock when he wrote, "when you want to dispossess a people, tell them their story beginning it with 'secondly'". And that is exactly what your exuberance on this thread, or more patently, what the exuberance of anyone who tried, tries or will try to make us the descendants of your fictional Oduduwa portends because none of you actually understand the borderline between history and myth. We are humans, just like you. Tell your story, history and myths to your noble sons and daughters while we tell, share and embrace our history with love and cheerfulness to our noble sons and daughters too, however dissatisfactory it might sound or look to you. While it pleases you to call me your descendant, which no evil intentions hidden in it, it hurts me so much because if I accept such designation, I am an unworthy son of my people's founder and the unequalled feat they attained that attracted your and every other person's admiration. Since admiration is natural to good and outstanding people and things, it is permitted that you only admire. Do not claim what does not belong to you.
As a young man, thread with caution because you do not even know if your forebearers are angry with you now in your recklessness of trying to claim what does not belong to them. Please, be yourself and let me be.[/s]

I don't waste time In face of truth. Mr you are not Bini. Stop the ssstuuupppiddd tactics and allow history flow.

If you have issues with Yorubas create a thread to slug it out than this mischievous attitude.

Too many bad characters and bitterness. #spits

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Drogunov: 4:11am On Jan 07, 2022
Dartilo:
I am an Edo man and a Benin Man

We have no connection with the Yoruba with due respect to everyone

Yeah, we here you. So why do your Obas speak Yoruba in their palace? Why is Yoruba the royal language spoken in your royal courts?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by DECLAN2015(m): 6:34am On Jan 07, 2022
Denoh68:
THANK GOD SAY OUR EYES DON OPEN, THESE LAND GRABBERS ARE LOOKING FOR EVERY POSSIBLE MEANS TO MERGE US WITH THIER SOPHISTICATED BROWN ROOF REPUBLIC

Imagine....trying to merge you...so yiu considered urself imortant
Most of yiu result to abuse whenever a story doesn't massage your ego.
The fact remain there is connection between yoruba and Benin more than any tribe in Nigeria. And is from Yoruba to Benin not the other way round.
Where is d so called kindom today self

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by ariesbull: 7:21am On Jan 07, 2022
MyopicMods:
Why Bini and Yorubas are one, the connection between them -Reno Omokri.

I have been to the modern nation of Ethiopia 14 times. None of these names correspond to their ancient languages (Ge’ez, Tigrinya or Amharic).

But if you look at these names, they correspond almost word for word, and alphabet for alphabet to Edekiri (the real name of the language wrongly called Yoruba) language, because Iye means mother in Bini (Benin), which is an Edekiri language, and Iya means mother in Yoruba (another Edekiri language).

Now, go back to the names of the wives of mothers of the Pharaohs I listed above. They either end with Iye, or Iya, or Uya.

Now, look at these names Akhenatan, Smenkhare, Amun. If you are Bini (I am not Bini, but I have studied Bini culture) they will be very familiar to you.

In fact, till today, there are modern-day Bini names that correspond in pronunciation, meaning and etymology to these names, including Amun (often used as a hyphenated name, such as Giwa-Amun, etc).

Look at the name Smenkhare. It corresponds with many Bini names such as Nehikhare, or Nosakhare.

Even take the name of the Pharaoh Akhenaten, it corresponds to many Bini names, including Akenzua, the grandfather of the present Oba of Benin. In fact, the word Akhenatan is still in use in Bini language today. Akhe no ton in Edo (Bini) language means ‘Hot Pot’, and Archaeologists and Egyptologists say Akhenatan means hot for Aten, or effective for Aten. You connect the dots.

Many Black Africans would be surprised to learn that the Oba of Benin actually had a full-scale pyramid in his palace before it was destroyed by the British, during their invasion of the Benin empire in 1897. Why would the British destroy a pyramid? What quarrel did they have with it? I do not know. I can only theorise that they did it because it upset their version of history with regards to the ancient Egyptian pyramids.

This practice of casting lots, is a very ancient and still common practice amongst the Jebu or Ijebu people of Nigeria, and the Bini people specifically, and amongst the descendants of Oduduwa.

Just as the Jewish priests use beaded jewels known as Urim and Thumim, so do the Jebu or Ijebu, the Bini and the Omo Oduduwa use beads for their divination.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/06/20/the-connection-between-moses-and-bini-and-yoruba-peoples/

This Reno of a dude is just plainly stupid and daft... You call yourself a Historian yet you can't visit the place and do research on the subject....

Come and visit benin and let's take you serious

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by ariesbull: 7:22am On Jan 07, 2022
Denoh68:
THANK GOD SAY OUR EYES DON OPEN, THESE LAND GRABBERS ARE LOOKING FOR EVERY POSSIBLE MEANS TO MERGE US WITH THIER SOPHISTICATED BROWN ROOF REPUBLIC

They (yoruba) said you (benin) are related to them and here you are denying them and saying no

Why

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by ariesbull: 7:23am On Jan 07, 2022
MelesZenawi:
It has never been disputed before.

Edo is Yoruba and that is what it has been.

Any contrary view should bring a sound evidence not hearsay.
and they said hell No that is not true
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Philistine(m): 7:43am On Jan 07, 2022
DECLAN2015:

The fact remain there is connection between yoruba and Benin more than any tribe in Nigeria. And is from Yoruba to Benin not the other way round.
Don't you Yorubas have self esteem? Why forcefully and shamefully attaching yourself to other tribes? Binis have rejected you, yet your lack of self respect and honor will not make you admit.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Philistine(m): 7:48am On Jan 07, 2022
Drogunov:

Yeah, we here you. So why do your Obas speak Yoruba in their palace? Why is Yoruba the royal language spoken in your royal courts?
You have no honor and self respect as a Yoruba man. Inferiority complex and low self esteem is the bane of the Yorubas. Shamelessly attaching yourselves to a tribe that have rejected and disown you. Why are are begging them for a relationship? Spits!

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Philistine(m): 7:50am On Jan 07, 2022
MelesZenawi:

I don't waste time In face of truth. Mr you are not Bini. Stop the ssstuuupppiddd tactics and allow history flow.

If you have issues with Yorubas create a thread to slug it out than this mischievous attitude.

That guy you quoted is not Bini, he is from Ebonyi State.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 07, 2022
Philistine:

That guy you quoted is not Bini, he is from Ebonyi State.

Smiles.

You don't really need to tell me. I already know various tactics desperados employ on nairaland just to drive their bitterness home.

He is not Bini, just impersonating.

Very bad attitude.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 9:03am On Jan 07, 2022
Philistine:

You have no honor and self respect as a Yoruba man. Inferiority complex and low self esteem is the bane of the Yorubas. Shamelessly attaching yourselves to a tribe that have rejected and disown you. Why are are begging them for a relationship? Spits!
e pain am. Oba of benin is a yoruba man. Kill yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Drogunov: 11:12am On Jan 07, 2022
Philistine:

The ravings and rantings of an ignoramus. Be shouting. Unfortunately for you, it doesn't change anything.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Asiri1991: 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2022
MelesZenawi:

Why not quit smoking?

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2022
Asiri1991:

Why not quit smoking?

Bad attitudes everywhere. Something xteristics of that your Ebonyi state.

#Tufiakwa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by VEHINTOLAR: 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2022
Truthvalue44:

Nobody in Benin believes in obatala, or sango or whatever "yoruba" deity. I don't even understand why you keep talking about religion and what it has to do with history, this is just madness. This is my last reply to you. You are extremely deluded.

Typical coward;the slowest of all slowpokes ! Now,crawl back into whatever miserable hole you came out from and remain dumber than you are already there ! Obo like you !

THE OBA OF BENIN STOOL BELONGS TO THE YORUBA !

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by VEHINTOLAR: 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2022
Drogunov:

I came across a document some years back in which it was stated therein that Yoruba language was the official language spoken at the palace of Oba of Benin even as at 1930s. I didn't know that a time like this would come;I would have saved that document. I'm still searching for it on the net though. It is an established fact;the royal stool of Benin rightly belongs to the Yoruba. The ancient rulers of Igodomigodo people (Bini) were Ogisos but that came to and end when Oranmiyan arrived at Benin from Ile Ife hence,Oba of Benin till today !

Below is the account of Ijaw people who are Bini neighbors in the south south region. You can get the full details of this account in the Vanguard Newspaper of 12th July, 2017. Please read the extract below :

Historically, we cited E. Alademomi Kenyo, who in his book, titled ‘The Origin and Title of Yoruba Rulers’ (N.D) Page 3, stated: ‘[b]Up till time, the Oba (in Benin) and his people were pure Yoruba and did not understand the language of the aborigines, [/b]who usually salute themselves and the new people (the Bini) Adoo, Dolo.’ It is an indisputable fact that it is only the Ijaws that greet Adoo and Dolo in Nigeria.

Mumu people,I don't know what Yoruba need any Bini people for ! The point,which is the truth,is that Yoruba people from Ile Ife established Obaship system in Benin and that's an indisputable fact ! Kaabiesi o,k'Oba o to,k'Oba o pe o ! That's what the people of igodomigido (Bini) corrupted to Oba a to kpere or something !

Yeye people ! Yoruba,we are the great OMO ALADEs,the beautiful Nubians of Africa ! What do we need any Bini for ? Nothing ! But we introduced and established Obaship system in Ile Ibinu (Benin) through Oranmiyan,the progenitor of Eweka dynasty and nothing will ever make us forget that !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by VEHINTOLAR: 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2022
DECLAN2015:

The fact remain there is connection between yoruba and Benin more than any tribe in Nigeria And is from Yoruba to Benin not the other way round.

Nothing but the truth !
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 08, 2022
This thread is mostly made up of yoruba fanatics whom are just airing their dogma which revolves around Benin. It seems yoruba talk about Benin more than they talk about themselves. That is called low self-esteem.
Claiming an other man's heritage while ignoring yours is also an other show of low self-esteem.
Although let us not neglect the possibility of these guys just being trolls whom are obsessed with Benin and feel important when Edo people come down to their level and talk to them, even if it is about correcting the crazy yoruba claims about Benin.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 08, 2022
I urge every Edo person to not associate with yoruba, these yoruba guys have an unhealthy obsession about us Edo. So to every Edo, just know this and don't befriend any of these fanatics.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 08, 2022
@seun @mynd44 I am fed up of your bloggers and tribesmen always harassing my Edo people on nairaland. I urge you to clear house and put a stop to the harassment which keeps going on in your forum.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by EnEnPeecee: 7:36am On Jan 08, 2022
Truthvalue44:
@seun @mynd44 I am fed up of your bloggers and tribesmen always harassing my Edo people on nairaland. I urge you to clear house and put a stop to the harassment which keeps going on in your forum.
hahahahah cry cry EDO man. You nor even get mind to withstand arguments. You want people to always submit to what you believed. Yet you call others fanatics. Is it not you that is now the fanatic here? Just accept the simple truth. The obaship in BENIN was introduced by a youruba man called Oronminyan who came to BENIN through Udo and married a BENIN woman that bore him a child called Eweka who happens to be the first Oba of BENIN. The yorubas are not trying to take over BENIN just to let you know that they are your ancestors period

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Asiri1991: 5:10am On Jan 09, 2022
EnEnPeecee:
hahahahah cry cry EDO man. You nor even get mind to withstand arguments. You want people to always submit to what you believed. Yet you call others fanatics. Is it not you that is now the fanatic here? Just accept the simple truth. The obaship in BENIN was introduced by a youruba man called Oronminyan who came to BENIN through Udo and married a BENIN woman that bore him a child called Eweka who happens to be the first Oba of BENIN. The yorubas are not trying to take over BENIN just to let you know that they are your ancestors period

Quit smoking. It is not good for your mental health. You type like a psychiatric patient.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 7:17am On Jan 09, 2022
Asiri1991:

Quit smoking. It is not good for your mental health. You type like a psychiatric patient.
truth is bitter. Oba of benin is a yoruba man

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by ariesbull: 7:28am On Jan 09, 2022
Truthvalue44:
This thread is mostly made up of yoruba fanatics whom are just airing their dogma which revolves around Benin. It seems yoruba talk about Benin more than they talk about themselves. That is called low self-esteem.
Claiming an other man's heritage while ignoring yours is also an other show of low self-esteem.
Although let us not neglect the possibility of these guys just being trolls whom are obsessed with Benin and feel important when Edo people come down to their level and talk to them, even if it is about correcting the crazy yoruba claims about Benin.

No they talk about igbo more... They sleep, wake up and dream igbo

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 09, 2022
Nisiw365:

And so I hold.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:56am On Jan 13, 2022
Nisiw365:
Truth is bitter: yoruba is not a real tribe, most yoruba descend from Brazilian slaves, some used to be called dahomians, some others used to be called oyo, jebu, egba ...they all agreed to tag themselves yoruba which only refers to the oyos.
Also Ife was never an empire and never even a kingdom, it was a small village with a native doctor as the head of the village.

Truth is bitter yoruba is a fake tribe trying to steal the glory of Benin. Truth is bitter, even those who actually agree to call themselves yoruba are actually not even yoruba (except the oyo people).

Also, everybody who knows yoruba knows you guys have an abusive relationship with the truth. So it feels funny to see a self claimed yoruba start a sentence with: "truth is bitter". Yoruba wouldn't know if truth were bitter or not, because yoruba never tasted the truth, nor does it taste logics and facts, instead yoruba dwell in lies, dogma, delusion and stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 4:46am On Jan 13, 2022
Truthvalue44:

Truth is bitter: yoruba is not a real tribe, most yoruba descend from Brazilian slaves, some used to be called dahomians, some others used to be called oyo, jebu, egba ...they all agreed to tag themselves yoruba which only refers to the oyos.
Also Ife was never an empire and never even a kingdom, it was a small village with a native doctor as the head of the village.

Truth is bitter yoruba is a fake tribe trying to steal the glory of Benin. Truth is bitter, even those who actually agree to call themselves yoruba are actually not even yoruba (except the oyo people).

Also, everybody who knows yoruba knows you guys have an abusive relationship with the truth. So it feels funny to see a self claimed yoruba start a sentence with: "truth is bitter".
benidiot go and rest. If yoruba is not a areal tribe, it is benin made of prostitutes and armed robbers that is a real tribe. oba of benin is a yoruba man
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 5:38am On Jan 13, 2022
Truthvalue44:

Also, everybody who knows yoruba knows you guys have an abusive relationship with the truth. So it feels funny to see a self claimed yoruba start a sentence with: "truth is bitter". Yoruba wouldn't know if truth were bitter or not, because yoruba never tasted the truth, nor does it taste logics and facts, instead yoruba dwell in lies, dogma, delusion and stupidity.

But oba na Yoruba.

Benin is part of Yoruba nation.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by iamuyiekpen(m): 7:26am On Jan 13, 2022

This 2022.

Avoid barefaced lies pls.

Benin and Yorubas are just two groups that will be difficult to segregate. The connection is tight.
I’m Edo (Bini) and I have no connection with your Yoruba group. Aren’t you a fool? What do I share in common with you?

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 13, 2022
Osagyefo98:

But oba na Yoruba.

Benin is part of Yoruba nation.

It seems you are too dumb to understand what I just said: the yoruba tribe is a political construct. How can the Oba of Benin originate from a political construct ? There is nobody whom is more Edo than the first Edo : Omo n'Oba n'Edo, the owner of the tradition, the empire and the language.
When the Oba of Benin was first visited by Europeans and written about, there was nothing called yoruba. Even the oyo people who that name originally designated weren't called like that yet.
But I know, facts don't matter to you as you have already shown, what matters to you is to troll and that is what you are doing.
Well I'm not replying you anymore.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 13, 2022
iamuyiekpen:
I’m Edo (Bini) and I have no connection with your Yoruba group. Aren’t you a fool? What do I share in common with you?

I am starting to believe some of these guys who keep saying all these rubbish might just be trolls and perhaps not even yoruba. They are just trying to be as annoying as possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu To Kick-Off His Re-Election Campaign On Saturday / No Uninterrupted Power Supply Till 2019 If I Win - Buhari / Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.