Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri (6453 Views)

'EFCC Probe Them': Reno Omokri Releases Song On Tinubu, Dances In The Video / Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. / So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by OFFICIAL336: 7:44am On Jan 06, 2022
Asiri1991:

What they can't achieve, they try to steal. They dug our moats in Bini but had none in Yoruba land. Such senility of thoughts.
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by jneutron4000: 8:11am On Jan 06, 2022
[s]
MelesZenawi:

He might also be OPC, Badoo boys or amotekun?

If you can't argue, step aside
[/s]
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Denoh68: 8:41am On Jan 06, 2022
YORUBA NA UNA SENIOR
bjdon:

Otemere, I am a Bini man like you, but you are wrong on this one. The Bini and the Yoruba are closely related this is a historical fact. The open question is who is the 'Original'. On this point there is a lack of clarity and conflicting accounts.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Denoh68: 8:51am On Jan 06, 2022
SOMETIMES IF I SEE BINI PEOPLE LIKE YOU EHN,I SEE SOME SHAMELESS AND FOOLISH SET OF PEOPLE.WHERE IS YOUR PROOF MUMU
HornyTave:

Eya.
When the Binis were already wearing clothes and coral beads, matching militaries and subduing its neighbours, your ancestors were still wearing leaves and living in banana leaves roofs, eating raw cassava and bitter leaf.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Denoh68: 8:57am On Jan 06, 2022
HE SIMPLY WANTS TO GRAB YOUR LAND OR MINE YOUR SKULL,BEWARE O.
HornyTave:

Ahahaha, I guess youve stayed in Bini for you to know an average Bini man is a Yoruba man.

An average Bini man don't understand Yoruba, both dont have common festival, both dont have common mode of dressing also both dont have same system of Rule.

there's absolutely nothing common between the yorubas and Edos, if you have please state them.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 9:03am On Jan 06, 2022
Denoh68:
SOMETIMES IF I SEE BINI PEOPLE LIKE YOU EHN,I SEE SOME SHAMELESS AND FOOLISH SET OF PEOPLE.WHERE IS YOUR PROOF MUMU

Proverbs 18:2-3 Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 9:04am On Jan 06, 2022
MelesZenawi:

Any evidence to supersedes Reno own?
How is Bini Yoruba?
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 06, 2022
HornyTave:

How is Bini Yoruba?

Even the leadership Oba is Yoruba.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 9:06am On Jan 06, 2022
Truthvalue44:

1) ogiso story is not based in reality, it is just a story made up for folktale.
2) The only title which was witnessed for the emperor of Benin is OBA
3) until quite late in the colonial era, yoruba chiefs were referred as such: " oni of Ife, sir adesoji aderemi", the word Oba didn't appear on their name nor on their description until late in the colonial era (around 1930's) when the oni of ife (adesoji aderemi) copied the Benin title in replacement of the British title "sir". Thus the title of the oni became: "oni of Ife, oba adesoji aderemi."
3) obatala, oromiyan, oduduwa are all fictional characters made up by story tellers, they 'ever existed.
4) all stories of migration from Ife are LIES, Ife was a small settlement until 1912 when the British started building it up.

5) Benin was an empire whose capital is called Benin city ! There is no comparison between Benin and recently (1824) made up yoruba tribe whose definition has kept changing from its inception in 1824.

6) you yoruba guys should stop talking about Benin, is it too hard to just mind your own business and leave us alone ? Why the constant harassment ? Is this your show of sophistication ?

Here is the man who knows the History of Benin more than the Oba of Benin.
Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 06, 2022
EnEnPeecee:
that means you don't even know anything about your place. The present Oba Ewuare confirmed it in the presence of oni of Ife on NTA that the are children of Oduduwa. My friend try to read
First of all the Oba said "we believe Oduduwa is the son of the king of Benin who was sent into exile and became the first Oni of Ife and whose son later returned to take over the reign of his father." He also said ". Notice the Oba of Benin whom is very well educated started by saying "we believe" rather than saying "it is a fact", the Oba also said we were not forcing our beliefs on others.
And lastly, notice that being an emperor doesn't give you special vision on past events.

In conclusion, you have difficulties with the very concept of history and time m, oduduwa is fairytale, he never existed, neither did oromiyan which is nothing but a region in Ethiopia. And the tale which you just said is a manipulation at best and a blatant lie, but again that is the yoruba trade mark, you guys love to tell lies on things which are easily verified.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 9:08am On Jan 06, 2022
Tennessee85:
Reno Omokri is not an Historian so I don't take his utterly spurious piffle filled with fictitious claims seriously. Binis aren't Yoruba, and you are also wrong to say "Edos" are Yoruba. So-called "Edos" aren't monolithic. You have Bini, Esan, Okpameri, Yoruba in Edo State. The Bini monarchy has Yoruba roots (I know Bini revisionists will cry at this), but the Bini people themselves aren't Yoruba, even though some of them like the Usen people are of Yoruba descent.

Rather say, the Ooni of Ife has Edo roots. the First Oba and 36th Ogiso was the first Ooni. lol

same ruling house, no qualms.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Denoh68: 9:08am On Jan 06, 2022
OGA, YORUBA INFLUENCE ON BINI NAMES WAS AS A RESULT OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP IN TERMS OF TRADE AND INTERETHNIC MARRIAGES,DID YOU KNOW BINI AND IGBOS SHARE SIMILAR PRONUNCIATIONS LIKE EGO,IGO,EKWE,OMA,MMA,AND THEY EVEN OBSERVE IGBO FOUR MARKET DAYS? STOP ALL THIS YOUR EXPANSIONIST CLAIMS ABEG
VEHINTOLAR:

That's cool though ! To finally erase the connection, we advise that you revert to Ogiso,the original tittle of your ancient rulers. The word "Oba" is a Yoruba word that was brought to ile ibinu - Benin by Oranmiyan. Oranmiyan is recognized as the first Oba of Benin and founder of the Eweka dynasty, which is still ruling in Benin till today.

Obatala,according to Yoruba tradition,was the first king - first Oba. The world "Oba" was coined from Obatala....ObaAla. Orunmila is the owner of all Yoruba Oba's crown - including that of Benin Oba. Orunmila gave the crown,which he got from the Olodumare (God) as a gift, to Obatala to wear.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Denoh68: 9:09am On Jan 06, 2022
HAHAHAHAHAHAA,HAHAHAHAAHHAA
jneutron4000:
That person you are replying is IPOB member pretending to be Edo person.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 9:09am On Jan 06, 2022
Truthvalue44:

Whomever told you this rubbish, which you are repeating without any proof whatsoever, that person conned you. No Oba of Benin has ever been buried in ife, one Oba of Benin was buried in Calabar, but ife...that never happened. It makes you guys feel important to believe Benin empire is attached to Ife, but a reality check is needed for your delusions, Ife was a small village untill 1912 when the British started building it up. Benin was an empire ! Got it ?

you deh mind them? small Ife, the Ibadan almost quashed in Kiriji war of 1773 or so, and whom the Fulanis showed pepper. lol. small yansh really deh shake.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Naigleria1: 9:13am On Jan 06, 2022
alanto:

Name a common ancestor of the Igbo tribe and win 50k

It’s quite impossible to find a common ancestor for a tribe of 40 million.
Oduduwa is a mere fabrication used to unite Yoruba people.
A lot of things that we believe today are just figments of our imagination, but they do great work when it comes to uniting a large amount of people like: countries, religions, etc

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Denoh68: 9:14am On Jan 06, 2022
THANK GOD SAY OUR EYES DON OPEN, THESE LAND GRABBERS ARE LOOKING FOR EVERY POSSIBLE MEANS TO MERGE US WITH THIER SOPHISTICATED BROWN ROOF REPUBLIC

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Denoh68: 9:18am On Jan 06, 2022
PROVEEBS 27 VS 3 A STONE IS HEAVY,AND THE SAND WEIGHTY,BUT A FOOLS WRATH IS HEAVIER THAN BOTH
HornyTave:

Proverbs 18:2-3 Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 9:18am On Jan 06, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Gibberish ! Meanwhile,argue with the attached pictures. Even the British don't believe your obvious lies ! The bolded part shows clearly that you're a toddler ! Your mouth reeks of fresh milk; you must have just finished sucking mama's breast ! Please,pay attention to how the kings were seated hierarchically by the British Royals - Nigeria's colonial masters at the Buckingham palace. Look at Ooni's position and OmoNoba's; the difference is clear !

If we may ask you,Mr Benin Empire,what was your oba doing at a conference of YORUBA OBA in 1937 as shown in the attached pictures ?

Ode !

lol. Did you also notice the Ada bearer of Oba of Benin is the only non royal in that picture? The Ada signifies the prescence of the Oba. lol.

if others where greater, at least there should be something unusual about them in the picture.

look at the guy bearing Ooni's staff standing far away from the Ooni. if them wan assassinate am, before the guy reach where Ooni deh, na only head go deh ground. lol
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 9:22am On Jan 06, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Lol ! I can see how desperate you're ! If I may ask you,is this all about superiority contest or something ? Can't you Bini or whatever you call yourselves see that even in contemporary times,the Yoruba are superior to you in all spheres of life ? Do you guy honestly believe that Yoruba need Bini or Edo for anything ? Trust me,you guys are inconsequential ! Yoruba are pace setters;we ain't competing with anybody. We achieved so many enviable things even before some European nations. The records are there,man. Wetin dey worry una self ? All LGAs where your beloved Bini are found in Edo combined,are not up to 1/4 of Ibadan alone !

Go and sleep Bini boy,okay ?

Yoruba Nation is a recent Political jargon to unite the Western part of the country on common goal. go and read Ajayi's Crowther book then we can have a discussion.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 9:24am On Jan 06, 2022
Denoh68:
PROVEEBS 27 VS 3 A STONE IS HEAVY,AND THE SAND WEIGHTY,BUT A FOOLS WRATH IS HEAVIER THAN BOTH

Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returns to its vomit, s o a fool repeats his foolishness.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 06, 2022
HornyTave:

lol. Did you also notice the Ada bearer of Oba of Benin is the only non royal in that picture? The Ada signifies the prescence of the Oba. lol.

if others where greater, at least there should be something unusual about them in the picture.
The yoruba seek constant validation from the British as if the British were their god's, that is why they take it with pride that their oni of Ife was seated just next to prince charles.

But I guess they forgot that the photographer made the sitting arrangements and was positioned in front of the monarchs, I guess in yoruba logics, that would mean that the photographer is superior to prince charles and also to every monarch in Nigeria.

The yoruba know their monarchs are fake and that is why they keep looking for validation everywhere. While the Oba of Benin is trying to bring back Benin bronzes, the oni of Ife is trying to bring back his wife...two different levels.
The Oba is an emperor, the oni is a priest pretending to be a king.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 9:26am On Jan 06, 2022
MelesZenawi:

Even the leadership Oba is Yoruba.

“For instance, the one they call the Oba of Lagos, these are recent adaptations. In the 50s, there was no Oba of Lagos, what we had was the Eleko of Eko. That is the title of the King there. In Ibadan, you have the Olu Ibadan. You come to Abeokuta, you have the Alake of Egba land. You come to Oyo, you have the Alaafin of Oyo. In Ilesha, you have the Owa-Obokun of IIesha. So no Yoruba monarch had as part of his titles the word Oba except the Oba of Benin.
“That word Oba is indigenous to Benin. It is only in recent times you find everybody bearing Oba. When the Western Regional conference of traditional rulers took place in Benin City in 1942, go and check the attendance, there was no other monarch in the whole of the Western Region then that bore the title of Oba, except the Oba of Benin "

I was thinking you will give me cultural affinity, language similarity or something useful.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 06, 2022
"Conference of chiefs of the western provinces of Nigeria". That is the title of the conferences. The title being pushed by the lying tribe (yoruba) is just an other of their revisionist work.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 9:31am On Jan 06, 2022
Truthvalue44:

The yoruba seek constant validation from the British as if the British were their god's, that is why they take it with pride that their oni of Ife was seated just next to prince charles.

But I guess they forgot that the photographer made the sitting arrangements and was positioned in front of the monarchs, I guess in yoruba logics, that would mean that the photographer is superior to prince charles and also to every monarch in Nigeria.

The yoruba know their monarchs are fake and that is why they keep looking for validation everywhere. While the Oba of Benin is trying to bring back Benin bronzes, the oni of Ife is trying to bring back his wife...two different levels.

They keep arguing blindly. I'll rate the Shehu of Borno above the Sultan and Ooni because His throne is far older.

Orisha-Ado corrupted to be Onitsha was a Benin colony, so I'll rate the Ooni above Him.
Yoruba people are emotional people. remember that,
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by DREagon(m): 10:30am On Jan 06, 2022
Truthvalue44:

The yoruba know their monarchs are fake and that is why they keep looking for validation everywhere.

While the Oba of Benin is trying to bring back Benin bronzes, the oni of Ife is trying to bring back his wife...two different levels.

@ the bolded, LWKMD

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by osax4pal: 11:09am On Jan 06, 2022
Lol
You amaze me please I will like to see a video evidence of the said cemetery and also the spot where the last oba was buried then I will be convinced,stop this hear say of the Benin buried their dead Obas in Ile Ife.

EnEnPeecee:
oga angry man. Ask your dad where the head of past Obas of BENIN are buried. It will shock you to note this that there is a place in Ile Ife where all past Obas are buried. The place is a form of cemetery but is only for BENIN Obas. When any Obas dies, his head is cut off and taken to Ile Ife for final burial rites. Till this day that cemetery is still there and functional

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by bjdon: 11:25am On Jan 06, 2022
Dartilo:

You claim Otamere and I just laugh my name is Eguavoenobaghoghoyi....that name alone in full details should tell you alot....From ibiwe to ugbowo,from Ekenwan to ugbiyoko.....from third to idogbo...from Ikpokpan to boundary and from sapele road down to Ologbo....I hope now u blv am a truly a Benin boy.....we have no connection with Yoruba...Oduduwa himself was not even from Yoruba in the first place if we are to start plz this is a new year I am not in for insult but constructive reasoning

No wahala my brother, I have no doubt you are a son of the soil . I will never argue with a fellow Bini on social media. Have a wonderful day, and remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 11:37am On Jan 06, 2022
HornyTave:

you deh mind them? small Ife, the Ibadan almost quashed in Kiriji war of 1773 or so, and whom the Fulanis showed pepper. lol. small yansh really deh shake.
There was never a time ibadan fought ife. Stop peddling lies.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by VEHINTOLAR: 12:22pm On Jan 06, 2022
HornyTave:

Yoruba Nation is a recent Political jargon to unite the Western part of the country on common goal. go and read Ajayi's Crowther book then we can have a discussion.

Go and suck your mama's breast kiddo ! Apparently, this discourse is beyond your elementary pedigree. Come to think of it,what exactly is your point here ? That the various sub - Yoruba ethnic groups that make up the larger Yoruba nation are not homogeneous or what ?
The Oyos,Egbas,Ijeshas,Ekitis,Okuns,
Akokos,Ilajes,Aworis,Popos (Benin Rep),Sabes (Benin Rep),Ajases (Benin Rep),Olukumis (Likumis - Delta state and Caribbean),etc and other diaspora Yoruba; all claim to have come from the same source - Ile ife ! They all have quarters in Ile Ife till today and that's an indisputable fact boy ! It is this same fact that the great Prince of Ife,Oranmiyan founded the Eweka dynasty in Benin (present Edo state) and he was the first to be addressed as an "Oba" as practised by his native Yoruba people of Ile Ife.
Go home;mama is waiting boy !
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2022
HornyTave:

“For instance, the one they call the Oba of Lagos, these are recent adaptations. In the 50s, there was no Oba of Lagos, what we had was the Eleko of Eko. That is the title of the King there. In Ibadan, you have the Olu Ibadan. You come to Abeokuta, you have the Alake of Egba land. You come to Oyo, you have the Alaafin of Oyo. In Ilesha, you have the Owa-Obokun of IIesha. So no Yoruba monarch had as part of his titles the word Oba except the Oba of Benin.
“That word Oba is indigenous to Benin. It is only in recent times you find everybody bearing Oba. When the Western Regional conference of traditional rulers took place in Benin City in 1942, go and check the attendance, there was no other monarch in the whole of the Western Region then that bore the title of Oba, except the Oba of Benin "

I was thinking you will give me cultural affinity, language similarity or something useful.

@bolded. No long stories.

Credit to vanguard.

http://community.vanguardngr.com/m/discussion?id=4565467%3ATopic%3A3012703
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by VEHINTOLAR: 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
osax4pal:
Lol
You amaze me please I will like to see a video evidence of the said cemetery and also the spot where the last oba was buried then I will be convinced,stop this hear say of the Benin buried their dead Obas in Ile Ife.

Ori Oba Ado shrine is in Ile Ife and that's a fact ! Take a trip to Ile Ife to clear your doubt. The symbol that will confront at the entrance of the shrine will shock you; a replica of an OmoNoba's head ! You don't need any video evidence,the shrine is there even till tomorrow !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Actually Went To USA On Tambual's Passport (photos) / Notable Transporter, G.U. Okeke Kidnapped! / Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.