Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,299 members, 7,829,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri (6450 Views)

'EFCC Probe Them': Reno Omokri Releases Song On Tinubu, Dances In The Video / Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. / So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by meccuno: 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2022
MyopicMods:
Why Bini and Yorubas are one, the connection between them -Reno Omokri.

I have been to the modern nation of Ethiopia 14 times. None of these names correspond to their ancient languages (Ge’ez, Tigrinya or Amharic).

But if you look at these names, they correspond almost word for word, and alphabet for alphabet to Edekiri (the real name of the language wrongly called Yoruba) language, because Iye means mother in Bini (Benin), which is an Edekiri language, and Iya means mother in Yoruba (another Edekiri language).

Now, go back to the names of the wives of mothers of the Pharaohs I listed above. They either end with Iye, or Iya, or Uya.

Now, look at these names Akhenatan, Smenkhare, Amun. If you are Bini (I am not Bini, but I have studied Bini culture) they will be very familiar to you.

In fact, till today, there are modern-day Bini names that correspond in pronunciation, meaning and etymology to these names, including Amun (often used as a hyphenated name, such as Giwa-Amun, etc).

Look at the name Smenkhare. It corresponds with many Bini names such as Nehikhare, or Nosakhare.

Even take the name of the Pharaoh Akhenaten, it corresponds to many Bini names, including Akenzua, the grandfather of the present Oba of Benin. In fact, the word Akhenatan is still in use in Bini language today. Akhe no ton in Edo (Bini) language means ‘Hot Pot’, and Archaeologists and Egyptologists say Akhenatan means hot for Aten, or effective for Aten. You connect the dots.

Many Black Africans would be surprised to learn that the Oba of Benin actually had a full-scale pyramid in his palace before it was destroyed by the British, during their invasion of the Benin empire in 1897. Why would the British destroy a pyramid? What quarrel did they have with it? I do not know. I can only theorise that they did it because it upset their version of history with regards to the ancient Egyptian pyramids.

This practice of casting lots, is a very ancient and still common practice amongst the Jebu or Ijebu people of Nigeria, and the Bini people specifically, and amongst the descendants of Oduduwa.

Just as the Jewish priests use beaded jewels known as Urim and Thumim, so do the Jebu or Ijebu, the Bini and the Omo Oduduwa use beads for their divination.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/06/20/the-connection-between-moses-and-bini-and-yoruba-peoples/

When an Igbo man talks about similarities with Jewish people some people would be foaming in the mouth. But when it's their turn everything is normal. Hypocrisy won't ki some people. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Investigative: 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2022
CannibalTorment:
Is it because he lashed Igbos calling them slaves and hostile beings
Lash?Reno o mockery with his 3 local government itsekiri group can never Lash one local government in south east talk more of igbo

4 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by CannibalTorment: 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2022
Investigative:

Lash?Reno o mockery with his 3 local government itsekiri group can never Lash one local government in south east talk more of igbo
Let me remind you

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
EnEnPeecee:
The binis are the children of oduduwa. Although from my study, one Oronminyan a worrior came to BENIN from Ile Ife and defeated the Bini aborigines who by way of chieftaincy bear the Ogiamen title. But after the invasion of BENIN by Oronminyan and his foot soldiers, the introduced obaship to BENIN and chased away the Ogiamens.

It is pertinent to state here that the BENIN obas are strangers who forcefully took over BENIN and ruling the aborigines as their slaves.

Like in Ilorin where the Gambari installed an Emir in the place of an Oba so it is in BENIN where the Ogiames were replaced by the Obas.

Lol. very funny.

So the Yorubas fought the Binis? lol
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2022
MelesZenawi:
It has never been disputed before.
Edo is Yoruba and that is what it has been.
Any contrary view should bring a sound evidence not hearsay.
Eya, can you state the evidence you have?
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
mrvitalis:
Has anyone argued that ? The argument has always been who came from who and who came first

Bini had a few influence from inri ... especially in bronze work ( nri started bronze work at least 200 years before bini ) .....

Bini got Influenced by southern tribes Yoruba got Influenced by northern tribes ....reason a few difference

As for the pyramid even igbos had pyramid especially Udi people in enugu. .. pictures exits till date

Eya, so you guys can't brush your teeths and leave Bini off your arguments?
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
LLiKYekoba:

Deep your thumb into your anus and lick it as usual.

Ori nsi. Shit eater.

Yabaleft over to you.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
HornyTave:

Eya, can you state the evidence you have?

Many of them.

An average bini man is a Yoruba man.

Historically both share same history just minor conflict.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2022
BKayy:

Bia Edo human, he is saying the truth.
Nri Bronzes are dated 200 years before the oldest Bini bronze. That's why Benin city is dated to be inhabited at around 12th Century while Awka is 9th Century.

Eya.
When the Binis were already wearing clothes and coral beads, matching militaries and subduing its neighbours, your ancestors were still wearing leaves and living in banana leaves roofs, eating raw cassava and bitter leaf.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by LLiKYekoba: 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2022
MelesZenawi:

Yabaleft over to you.

Anytime I use a good hammer on that your big knobhead, you go dey convulse like broken record. grin
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
LLiKYekoba:

Anytime I use a good hammer on that your big knobhead, you go dey convulse like broken record. grin

Yabaleft over to you.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
MelesZenawi:

This 2022.

Avoid barefaced lies pls.

Benin and Yorubas are just two groups that will be difficult to segregate. The connection is tight.

The connection is Oduduwa, now the issue is, what was Oduduwa before he became head of the 7 tribal villages.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2022
MelesZenawi:

Many of them.

An average bini man is a Yoruba man.

Historically both share same history just minor conflict.

Ahahaha, I guess youve stayed in Bini for you to know an average Bini man is a Yoruba man.

An average Bini man don't understand Yoruba, both dont have common festival, both dont have common mode of dressing also both dont have same system of Rule.

there's absolutely nothing common between the yorubas and Edos, if you have please state them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2022
HornyTave:

The connection is Oduduwa, now the issue is, what was Oduduwa before he became head of the 7 tribal villages.

Atleast you have agreed to a connection of common ancestry.

Same ancestry is more like blood brothers.

Don't contradict yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 04, 2022
HornyTave:

Ahahaha, I guess youve stayed in Bini for you to know an average Bini man is a Yoruba man.

An average Bini man don't understand Yoruba, both dont have common festival, both dont have common mode of dressing also both dont have same system of Rule.

there's absolutely nothing common between the yorubas and Edos, if you have please state them.

These are minor differences.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by christistruth01: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2022
HornyTave:

Lol. very funny.

So the Yorubas fought the Binis? lol

Ogedengbe and his Ekiti Parapo Army nearly took over Benin

Ask your Grandfathers

Edos bearing the Ijesha surname of Ogedengbe are all
descended from Ogedengbes invading Army

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by HornyTave: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2022
MelesZenawi:

Atleast you have agreed to a connection of common ancestry.

Same ancestry is more like blood brothers.

Don't contradict yourself.

Same ancestry in the ruling house, more reason its factual that Oduduwa was from Bini because there had been 35 Ogisos in Bini before the Rulership of Eweka, son of Oranmiyan
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2022
HornyTave:

Same ancestry in the ruling house, more reason its factual that Oduduwa was from Bini because there had been 35 Ogisos in Bini before the Rulership of Eweka, son of Oranmiyan

35 ogisos that a single reign erased all?

Let's forget about that anyway but there is connection that's the argument.

And the connection is blood line

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by EnEnPeecee: 9:04pm On Jan 04, 2022
HornyTave:

Where is Orominyan from? Who is the father of Oronminyan?

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by johnmartus(m): 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
Why you always disrespectful this way .lack of home training I guess.
Investigative:

Ask your mother

3 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by KoshCAD: 9:17pm On Jan 04, 2022
BKayy:

Bia Edo human, he is saying the truth.
Nri Bronzes are dated 200 years before the oldest Bini bronze. That's why Benin city is dated to be inhabited at around 12th Century while Awka is 9th Century.
This one own no dey pass 200years hahahahaha.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by christistruth01: 9:17pm On Jan 04, 2022
grin
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by christistruth01: 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2022
;
HornyTave:

From the Yorubas Obas conference 1937 proceedings
Hosted by Sir Bernard Boudillon Governor General of Nigeria
on 31st March and 1st April 1937

Quoting last paragraph of first page:

“The Chiefs were seated in a horse-shoe formation, with the Oni of Ife ,as the head of the town from which all Yorubas have traditionally sprung , at the centre ,and the Alaafin of Oyo at the western and the Oba of Benin at the eastern end, an arrangement which gave general satisfaction.”

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Lindodo20: 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2022
MyopicMods:
Why Bini and Yorubas are one, the connection between them -Reno Omokri.

I have been to the modern nation of Ethiopia 14 times. None of these names correspond to their ancient languages (Ge’ez, Tigrinya or Amharic).

But if you look at these names, they correspond almost word for word, and alphabet for alphabet to Edekiri (the real name of the language wrongly called Yoruba) language, because Iye means mother in Bini (Benin), which is an Edekiri language, and Iya means mother in Yoruba (another Edekiri language).

Now, go back to the names of the wives of mothers of the Pharaohs I listed above. They either end with Iye, or Iya, or Uya.

Now, look at these names Akhenatan, Smenkhare, Amun. If you are Bini (I am not Bini, but I have studied Bini culture) they will be very familiar to you.

In fact, till today, there are modern-day Bini names that correspond in pronunciation, meaning and etymology to these names, including Amun (often used as a hyphenated name, such as Giwa-Amun, etc).

Look at the name Smenkhare. It corresponds with many Bini names such as Nehikhare, or Nosakhare.

Even take the name of the Pharaoh Akhenaten, it corresponds to many Bini names, including Akenzua, the grandfather of the present Oba of Benin. In fact, the word Akhenatan is still in use in Bini language today. Akhe no ton in Edo (Bini) language means ‘Hot Pot’, and Archaeologists and Egyptologists say Akhenatan means hot for Aten, or effective for Aten. You connect the dots.

Many Black Africans would be surprised to learn that the Oba of Benin actually had a full-scale pyramid in his palace before it was destroyed by the British, during their invasion of the Benin empire in 1897. Why would the British destroy a pyramid? What quarrel did they have with it? I do not know. I can only theorise that they did it because it upset their version of history with regards to the ancient Egyptian pyramids.

This practice of casting lots, is a very ancient and still common practice amongst the Jebu or Ijebu people of Nigeria, and the Bini people specifically, and amongst the descendants of Oduduwa.

Just as the Jewish priests use beaded jewels known as Urim and Thumim, so do the Jebu or Ijebu, the Bini and the Omo Oduduwa use beads for their divination.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/06/20/the-connection-between-moses-and-bini-and-yoruba-peoples/

Reno is not mentally sound. And to think these were the kind of people running things under Goodluck Jonathan

No wonder they nearly ran the nation into disaster
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by osax4pal: 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2022
Where are you getting your fact from, it's obviously clouded with tribal sentiment. I advise you do proper research on it so that next time you will speak with fact, google is close to you. Thank you.

EnEnPeecee:
The binis are the children of oduduwa. Although from my study, one Oronminyan a worrior came to BENIN from Ile Ife and defeated the Bini aborigines who by way of chieftaincy bear the Ogiamen title. But after the invasion of BENIN by Oronminyan and his foot soldiers, the introduced obaship to BENIN and chased away the Ogiamens.

It is pertinent to state here that the BENIN obas are strangers who forcefully took over BENIN and ruling the aborigines as their slaves.

Like in Ilorin where the Gambari installed an Emir in the place of an Oba so it is in BENIN where the Ogiames were replaced by the Obas.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by EnEnPeecee: 10:55pm On Jan 04, 2022
osax4pal:
Where are you getting your fact from, it's obviously clouded with tribal sentiment. I advise you do proper research on it so that next time you will speak with fact, google is close to you. Thank you.

goggle "Igodomogodo" or "Ogiso dynasty" and thank me later
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by GodIsBiafran: 1:34am On Jan 05, 2022
atorioke:
[s]This habit of an outsider telling a nation about their history should be stopped in 2021. It is like an European American telling the Chinese the Chinese history. What a disrespect. Who knows better? The outsider or the people from that nation? A Yoruba will brush his teeth and tell Bini people the Bini's national history, and vice versa. Omokri, an Itsekiri don know Bini history pass the Binis. Any national (tribe) history not told by approved source from that tribe is a zero. Bini history should emanate from the Binis, Urhobo own should be from Urhobo, Igbo own should be from Igbo, Yoruba own should be from Yoruba. Talk your own tribe own and leave other tribes own for them. The account from that tribe is what the country should put in history books.[/s]

WRONG. History should be based on FACTS ALONE not ETHNIC SENTIMENTS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abia Health Workers Protest Non-Payment Of Salaries / Ukadike Chinedu: Cabals Gain From Petrol Imports Frustrating Local Refineries / Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.