Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? (30075 Views)

Why Do Ethiopian Girls Like To Do House Girl Job In Arab Countries / What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? / Reasons Why Ladies Finds It Difficult To Find Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by yuping(m): 7:59am On Jan 16, 2022
QuizPay:
I will make this epistle to be as short as possible, forget about the grammar and focus on the content ...

undecidedIs this a red flag or not or its just what it is, or what is your take in this? undecided

The good part about her
* She is faithful and literally tells me everything that happens to her on daily basis.
*she can confidently give me her phone to work (this has happened twice, because I need to help in fixing her phone) , which I will give her updates about her callers, messages etc when she returns back from work and her phone has never be on lock.
*She is open and transparent
*She is supportive and submissive (with the time I have spent with her)
*She is a prayer warrior (she can pray for 4hours cheesy), though she skips Sunday sometime because of resting. And Sometimes, i am tempted to tell her to reduce prayer at night so she can cook/tidy things that need to be tidy in the morning. smiley

About me
or some people out there in this kind of similar situation. Thank.. (no insult I beg.)
Marry her, but have it in mind that you will be the one doing the house chores but women grow to later understand their primary objectives it might hurt you sometimes but as you grow together you will learn to understand each other more.
Nothing beat honesty when you finally becomes her own she will gambles all she have on you. Until then she is still being reluctant a little bit.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by l0uie(m): 8:03am On Jan 16, 2022
Another simp-ass mumu man spotted. After letting her over cloud you with some shitty love nonsense and ignoring all the obvious red flag from when you two were dating, you are now here with this bullshit. Braaah, all these simps never seize to amaze me.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by sweetrace(f): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2022
Employ someone to do chores and don’t do the naija mentality. Just make sure the help is not live in or everyday so you can have your privacy.

1 Like

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:28am On Jan 16, 2022
shantti:
I didnt read the story at all. But due to the longness of this epistle, it's a redflag
Bad boy grin
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Starzo: 8:34am On Jan 16, 2022
zedegit:

Who even told you she would be good at sex?
Nobi to lie like wood and watch you knock yourself out?
You just described 95% of Nigerian girls
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Rexology: 8:38am On Jan 16, 2022
Unrated900:

Ennnnnn a man like you saying this.
Though our wives aren’t slaves but there should be dossss and don’t.
Don’t worry your wife will just wake up one day and tell you to go and wash cloth and would even says honey make sure you wash my undies.
By then you would know there is fire in your roof.
Lol...I understand your point,you see my dear, if you meet me in person, you will confirm that i am not a weak man. If I tell my wife to do all the house chores, she MUST do them, but to what end? why should I allow her do all the chores when I can help? and what is wrong if I wash my wife's undies if she can wash my boxers?
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by sweetmelanin(f): 8:54am On Jan 16, 2022
Congratulations to your fiancee. She hit the jackpot!

A mumu man who houses her, pays most of the bills and still comes home at 9pm to cook and clean up after her!

On top of everything, he sees her as a prize because she pretends to be a "prayer warrior" while she cohabitates & commits fornication with a man who hasn't paid her dowry cheesy ...of course her reward for being such a game player is the prize of a mumu man who would slave for her all the days of his life.

Afterall, if she lived alone or with her parents she would be forced to cook and clean up after herself.. but why would she have to do her basic chores like every other grown adult when she has found a willing houseboy.

Smart girl!

2 Likes

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by brightalo1010: 9:13am On Jan 16, 2022
QuizPay:
I will make this epistle to be as short as possible, forget about the grammar and focus on the content ...

undecidedIs this a red flag or not or its just what it is, or what is your take in this? undecided

My fiancee Fines it difficult to cook (though she can cook and a very good cook), I am not the type that eat outside always (I love home food), I only do such once in a while. She cooks sometimes in the evening or at night but it's a no no in the morning, I have to make my dishes for myself before going to work and house chores is even the worst. l gave her 9.9% that's how worst in terms of house chores, her excuse is "my weakness is house chores, I will try to be adjusting blablabla.

She only tidy/clean when I complain, after that she returns to former ways except if I complain again. Any time she does house chores she won't let me hear words, I did this, I did that, you don't even appreciate me, I did that too grin ecsetera. Her suggestion is for us to hire househelp (and house help is a no no for me, even if I will take in house help not now). The house is even small for house help to come in. Sometimes, she dodges cooking by trying to convince me to buy/order food while coming home etc, I do that sometimes but most time I decline and tell her to prepare food at home.

Although if I compel her to do things in romantic way sha she will do it but must I be compelling someone daughter in romantic ways always before doing what she needs to do ni. Also she works in a finance firm and leaves the house around after seven or 7:30am (House to work is close), back by 6pm but should this be an excuse to prepare dish for me, for someone that finds it difficult to prepare breakfast as Early as possible for just one person how much more when kids are involved waking up to take care of kids ecsetera. We agreed she will stop the work and I will set her up when we got marry and she promised after that she will be able to do the tidy and cooking very well undecided. Planning to knot this year anyways, just a bit worry about this house chores of a thing which I have told her times without number...

The good part about her
* She is faithful and literally tells me everything that happens to her on daily basis.
*she can confidently give me her phone to work (this has happened twice, because I need to help in fixing her phone) , which I will give her updates about her callers, messages etc when she returns back from work and her phone has never be on lock.
*She is a prayer warrior (she can pray for 4hours cheesy), though she skips Sunday sometime because of resting. And Sometimes, i am tempted to tell her to reduce prayer at night so she can cook/tidy things that need to be tidy in the morning. smiley

About me
Me: Am I.T guy, In aspects of earning I earn thrice more than her but I find it easy in doing house chores, (my mama taught me well grin you know) do dishes and tidy up things myself, (that was how she knows me) and always putting things in place, provides everything needed, supportive etc...Am the kind of person I return home late sometimes because after leaving my official work, I check in my personal business before going home.. So something 9pm or 10pm or 11pm (depends on traffic) before I get back home.

To married people, Councillors, experienced people in the house, , I will like your contribution in terms of House chores issue and wife responsibility etc, It can help me or some people out there in this kind of similar situation. Thank.. (no insult I beg.)

A prayer warrior that fornicate is a sinner, there is different from praying and sin.

The Red flag will turn bloody after marriage by then you'll bring the topic here and rant all over again.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by 360Master: 9:17am On Jan 16, 2022
Talking from experience. It’s a BIG RED FLAG bro. best length you should go with such kinda woman is dating and nothing more. If you think that would change with time, you are in for a long ride.

If she won’t change such tendencies now that you’re dating, there’s zero probability she’ll change in marriage. By the time you start having kids you will create a divorce thread here …no ill wishing… cool
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by blahc007: 9:31am On Jan 16, 2022
QuizPay:

My fiancee Fines it difficult to cook (though she can cook and a very good cook), I am not the type that eat outside always (I love home food), I only do such once in a while. She cooks sometimes in the evening or at night but it's a no no in the morning, I have to make my dishes for myself before going to work and house chores is even the worst. l gave her 9.9% that's how worst in terms of house chores, her excuse is "my weakness is house chores, I will try to be adjusting blablabla.

She only tidy/clean when I complain, after that she returns to former ways except if I complain again. Any time she does house chores she won't let me hear words, I did this, I did that, you don't even appreciate me, I did that too grin ecsetera. Her suggestion is for us to hire househelp (and house help is a no no for me, even if I will take in house help not now). The house is even small for house help to come in. Sometimes, she dodges cooking by trying to convince me to buy/order food while coming home etc, I do that sometimes but most time I decline and tell her to prepare food at home.

Although if I compel her to do things in romantic way sha she will do it but must I be compelling someone daughter in romantic ways always before doing what she needs to do ni. Also she works in a finance firm and leaves the house around after seven or 7:30am (House to work is close), back by 6pm but should this be an excuse to prepare dish for me, for someone that finds it difficult to prepare breakfast as Early as possible for just one person how much more when kids are involved waking up to take care of kids ecsetera. We agreed she will stop the work and I will set her up when we got marry and she promised after that she will be able to do the tidy and cooking very well undecided. Planning to knot this year anyways, just a bit worry about this house chores of a thing which I have told her times without number...

[b]The good part about her
[/b]
About me
Me: Am I.T guy, In aspects of earning I earn thrice more than her but I find it easy in doing house chores, (my mama taught me well grin you know) do dishes and tidy up things myself, (that was how she knows me) and always putting things in place, provides everything needed, supportive etc...Am the kind of person I return home late sometimes because after leaving my official work, I check in my personal business before going home.. So something 9pm or 10pm or 11pm (depends on traffic) before I get back home.

To married people, Councillors, experienced people in the house, , I will like your contribution in terms of House chores issue and wife responsibility etc, It can help me or some people out there in this kind of similar situation. Thank.. (no insult I beg.)
Because of the qualities listed, nwanne marry her....bit by bit she will learn the other missing two....
Incompleteness of humans these days de give headache
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by mamaafrik(m): 9:32am On Jan 16, 2022
acetylcholine:
I hope you won't come here to create a thread on how your wife leaves the home dirty like a thread I came across days ago. Her attitude towards chores may be worse once you guys get married or she gets pregnant.

All her qualities you highlighted are good but not enough. A woman must be homely and a good home maker and cooking, doing dishes and house chores isn't left out. Whatever happened to breakfast like tea & bread, even Noddles? If she can't wash dishes for the both of you, what will happen when you have like two children,and you know kids eat intermittently?

If you feel you can shoulder the responsibility of cooking and doing chores (which shouldn't be your primary duty) even in marriage, good for you, but know it's an abberation!

You better sit her down and talk to her, if you embrace this nonsense attitude all in the name of my mama trained me to do chores, trust me you will get tired of it, especially in marriage!
may God bless you richly
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by cho25bc(f): 9:52am On Jan 16, 2022
QuizPay:

The good part about her

About me

I didnt want to comment before but that emboldened part got my attention. A prayer warrior engaged in intense fornication with a man she's not married to? What god does she pray to as a warrior? A mammoth god or a god of sex? Im sure it's not the same God that I know and that I serve. Both of you are jokes. The REAL ALMIGHTY GOD that I know cannot be mocked. I wonder what she prays for sef, forgiveness of her sins as a fornicator or what? Im sure she has her own house but she doesnt want to wait to start eating raw cucumber before she marries, that's why she moved in with you. But she be prayer warrior true true. Smh.

Back to the topic, she cant change and it will only get worse after marriage. Prepare to get a house help after marriage or continue to patiently encourage her to do the house chores. Besides, it seems her good sides overshadow her bad sides so make do with what you have. No perfect union anywhere.

You can also try designing a roster whereby there will be days of the week assigned to you to do the house chores and she will also have her own days too. Since there are 7 days in a week and you seem more comfortable doing the work, you can pick 4 days to do them (including breakfast) while she picks 3. Gradually, change the routine such that you guys will switch places, then she will get 4 while you get 3. This can force her to be more responsible in homemaking. As time goes on, she will get used to it and improve.

You can also share the responsibilities such that you handle breakfast while she handles lunch and dinner. You can also reward her on days that she does well by gifting her small gifts and treats once in a while to motivate her.

But these are preferable after marriage because that sh*t you both are engaged in is trial marriage and it's wrong. All the best.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by LotaTee: 10:47am On Jan 16, 2022
2braithe:

You haven't made sense..

When she gives birth,the baby will cook by itself too abi?
I as a guy (student), I do have classes by 7am.I will wake up tidy, cook, exercise,bath and still get to class around 6:50am.Note that I stay off campus...so what's the big deal in waking up early to do stuff?
Unrelated to the topic being discussed, reading the emboldened disgusts me. What's the meaning of "I do have classes"?

Now back to the matter, I may not have made sense to your caveman ears. See, unless you intentionally want to kill yourself with work and stress trying to claim superman(I can do it all) or there's a lack of funds, there are so many options to make your life easier. Will you be a student having 7am classes forever?Or do you have a live-in lover you also do these things for?Truly, there is no big deal in doing those stuff ordinarily, but it becomes one when you live with an entitled person. Someone who hasn't married her yet but expects her to be doing all the responsibilities of a wife.
When they have a child, they will get a help or nanny. You do not have to agree with me but please don't disturb me with useless mentions again, thanks.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by LotaTee: 11:29am On Jan 16, 2022
Unrated900:

You see this one too
Una all be d same
Because u be career woman.
That means u won’t do the normal works
Failure is una name.
Don’t worry na una those rice seller they snatch una husband with good food.
@op send that girl out of the Ouse before you come back here to say your fiancée break your head whole complaining.
Interesting that you would attribute the failure of a marriage or relationship to be the female's personal failure.You need to do better.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by 2braithe: 11:42am On Jan 16, 2022
LotaTee:
Unrelated to the topic being discussed, reading the emboldened disgusts me. What's the meaning of "I do have classes"?

Now back to the matter, I may not have made sense to your caveman ears. See, unless you intentionally want to kill yourself with work and stress trying to claim superman(I can do it all) or there's a lack of funds, there are so many options to make your life easier. Will you be a student having 7am classes forever?Or do you have a live-in lover you also do these things for?Truly, there is no big deal in doing those stuff ordinarily, but it becomes one when you live with an entitled person. Someone who hasn't married her yet but expects her to be doing all the responsibilities of a wife.
When they have a child, they will get a help or nanny. You do not have to agree with me but please don't disturb me with useless mentions again, thanks.

You are very sassy.
Just because we disagreed on an issue,is that what is triggering you to throw tantrums at me?
Can't we have a mature argument as adults devoid of rude remarks?

I apologize for mentioning you.I won't do that henceforth.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by KingDamzzy(m): 11:48am On Jan 16, 2022
QuizPay:

The good part about her

About me

You guys will be good. No one is 100% perfect. I like that you have listed the good things about her and in my opinion they heavily outweigh what you don't like about her.

Relationships and Marriage are all about compromise and sacrifice. I am sure there are things she doesn't like about you too.

I believe with time, she will adjust. Just continue talking about it in a supportive manner and she definitely will finetune her self.

Don't lose a good girl because of a small challenge like this.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by KingDamzzy(m): 11:50am On Jan 16, 2022
SenecaTheYonger:
“I’m not the cooking type” means “I don’t know how to cook sweet food”

OP literally just said that she cooks well. Did you skip that part?

Please rest and don't play judge.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Donbayor: 12:13pm On Jan 16, 2022
I don't see any problem here
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Emmanuel30a: 12:19pm On Jan 16, 2022
If You Believe In The BIBLE, Read The BIBLE, Understand It And Apply It To Your Problems. If BIBLE Doesnt Solve Your Problems; I Doubt If Anyone Would.The Fear Of God Is The Begining Of Wisdom But You Cant Fear God Let Alone Begin To Have Wisdom If You Dont Read The Word Of God. Hence, The Word Of God Is Integral And Inseperable To Fearing God And Having Wisdom. "Thy Word Is A .... And Light Unto My Path" . I Am Also Wondering Why You Would Be Living Together In The Name Of Wanting To Know Her Better When You Have Not Been Married. Who Can Know The Heart Of Human? You Cant Know Her More Than She Know Herself. Its Unreasonable To Think You Her Without Having Access To Mind, Spirit And Soul. Living Together Before Put You At Great Risk Of Premarital Sex And Unwanted Pregnancies;dont deceive yourself. It Breathtaking Thinking About Why Ladies Make Marriage A Necessity. To Me,Marriage Is Unnecessary Since It Does Not Give Ticket To Be With The Lord In Eternity.Anyway, Marriage Is Impossible Without Money!
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by yewawa: 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2022
Do not waste your time bro......quit before it's too late..
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Emmanuel30a: 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2022
Why Do Men And Women Marries? Its Mainly Because Of Money, Sex And The Least Children Which Is Not Guarantee. Man & Woman Can Cook And Do House Chores Independently And At Their Capacity Before Marriage. If The Woman Cant Cook For The Man After Marriage,She Should Be Able To Cook And Do Housechores For Herself And Children After Marriage. Maybe Children Would Be Able To Do Both When They Grow Up. Why Would Someone Marries With Huge Amount Of Money Because He Need Someone To Do House Chores For Him When He Can Easily Hire A Maid Or House Help For That Duty At A Cheap Price?
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by 2braithe: 12:51pm On Jan 16, 2022
Emperor88:

See mentality...those that hire drivers when they can drive are lazy? Its people like you that will say washing machines is for the lazy ones, that a good wife must always wash with there hands.

We are talking about food here.
Why will I not be able to know the taste of my wife's food.
Why will it be a stranger that will be cooking for me when I have a healthy wife?
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by igbowoman: 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2022
QuizPay:

The good part about her

About me

Prayer warrior living with a man and playing wife?
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Emmanuel30a: 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2022
Also, You Should Expect That From A Lady Who Is Sharing Financial Responsibility With You Expecially Equally. When You Also Dont Have Financial Authority Over A Lady, She May Want To Share Doing Of House Chores With You. Many Marriages Are Like That. Husband Joins Wife In The Kitchen Because They Are Sharing Financial Responsibility Of Wife Shoulder More Financial Responsibility She Can Be Puting Up That Attitude Because She Doesnt Depend On You Financially. Well, You Are Looking For An Help Mate And That Is Exactly What She Is Looking For Too; If Not More Than That. You Also Need To Be Helping Her When You Are Married Since You Are Living Together. Marriage Is Not Necessary Anyway!
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by bot227(f): 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
There is a possibility of her changing. I really don't like cooking nor cleaning before I got married as a matter of fact my mother does everything down to sweeping my room.
Motherhood changed me. I do my laundry including my husband's own.cooking and cleaning the house even when am heavily pregnant.

The bottom line is this I married a great guy who is very patient with me and won't take no for an answer. He doesn't like his house messy and am not ready to lose my marriage over that.
He helps out a lot without even asking whenever he noticed that am tired.
Now I wake up as early as possible to make the children's breakfast and his before going to work without getting late.

The ball is in your court. Only you can make your own decision
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by TheBeezybee(f): 1:22pm On Jan 16, 2022
If her strength outweighs her weakness, you can help because no one is 100% good in every area.

I don't think you need ' a colour detector' to tell you the colour of this flag you are waving.
� quote author=QuizPay post=109317630]I will make this epistle to be as short as possible, forget about the grammar and focus on the content ...

The good part about her

About me

To married people, Councillors, experienced people in the house, , I will like your contribution in terms of House chores issue and wife responsibility etc, It can help me or some people out there in this kind of similar situation. Thank.. (no insult I beg.)[/quote]
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Montaque(m): 1:46pm On Jan 16, 2022
Divoc19:
Of course she will. By herself.
Remember he said she can cook.

The cooking routine gets harder after marriage. If it's a problem now, the problem will double after. So understand where I am going.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by NoToPile: 2:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
Prayer warrior that can pray for 4 hours cohabiting with fiance.

Mtcheww. You both should continue deceiving yourselves.

You people make of joke of Christianity.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Elhabeeb1(m): 2:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
Employ a househelp for the house chores but she must cook wo!!!!!!
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by RedPilChurchBoy: 2:51pm On Jan 16, 2022
Na white flag embarassed
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Cizarr(m): 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2022
Don't leave her, just get maid to the work for you. She's very good at other aspects... remember that. You might not find another lady that tick those boxes.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2022
angelfallz:
So she can't get up early and cook breakfast?

Yes!!!! She is working, same reason you can’t do the same. Wives are helpmates not slaves.

Who thinks about breakfast by 7:30am? You never ready to go work be that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Funny Things People Do All In The Name Of Love / Never Date A Woman Who Don't Find You Sexually Attractive / She Cheated, But I Still Love Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.