Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? (30078 Views)

Why Do Ethiopian Girls Like To Do House Girl Job In Arab Countries / What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? / Reasons Why Ladies Finds It Difficult To Find Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by aribisala0(m): 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2022
If you travel you will find out what's up
I thought its only in Nollywood that women cook food for their husbands
Learn how to look after yourself like an adult

Cooking food is a job
Employ a cook if you are feeling like big man otherwise learn how to cook for yourself
Why can't you cook? and why can't you do house work?

2 Likes

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Lightorder: 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2022
Not a red flag at all. Do You want to marry her to cook for you ? Let her be Joor . You can be eating transparency and faithfulness na. Maybe that has been what her mum has been serving them all in her family. When your family members come visiting, you serve them transparency .She might be the only faithful and transparent wife to be , remaining on earth

5 Likes

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by CaptainFM1: 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2022
Wait.....VAR is checking it for you.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by ButterBurger: 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2022
No, na purple flag.
Will you gerrarahere
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by LegendaryArnold(m): 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2022
QuizPay:
I will make this epistle to be as short as possible, forget about the grammar and focus on the content ...

undecidedIs this a red flag or not or its just what it is, or what is your take in this? undecided

My fiancee Fines it difficult to cook (though she can cook and a very good cook), I am not the type that eat outside always (I love home food), I only do such once in a while. She cooks sometimes in the evening or at night but it's a no no in the morning, I have to make my dishes for myself before going to work and house chores is even the worst. l gave her 9.9% that's how worst in terms of house chores, her excuse is "my weakness is house chores, I will try to be adjusting blablabla.

She only tidy/clean when I complain, after that she returns to former ways except if I complain again. Any time she does house chores she won't let me hear words, I did this, I did that, you don't even appreciate me, I did that too grin ecsetera. Her suggestion is for us to hire househelp (and house help is a no no for me, even if I will take in house help not now). The house is even small for house help to come in. Sometimes, she dodges cooking by trying to convince me to buy/order food while coming home etc, I do that sometimes but most time I decline and tell her to prepare food at home.

Although if I compel her to do things in romantic way sha she will do it but must I be compelling someone daughter in romantic ways always before doing what she needs to do ni. Also she works in a finance firm and leaves the house around after seven or 7:30am (House to work is close), back by 6pm but should this be an excuse to prepare dish for me, for someone that finds it difficult to prepare breakfast as Early as possible for just one person how much more when kids are involved waking up to take care of kids ecsetera. We agreed she will stop the work and I will set her up when we got marry and she promised after that she will be able to do the tidy and cooking very well undecided. Planning to knot this year anyways, just a bit worry about this house chores of a thing which I have told her times without number...

The good part about her
* She is faithful and literally tells me everything that happens to her on daily basis.
*she can confidently give me her phone to work (this has happened twice, because I need to help in fixing her phone) , which I will give her updates about her callers, messages etc when she returns back from work and her phone has never be on lock.
*She is open and transparent
*She is supportive and submissive (with the time I have spent with her)
*She is a prayer warrior (she can pray for 4hours cheesy), though she skips Sunday sometime because of resting. And Sometimes, i am tempted to tell her to reduce prayer at night so she can cook/tidy things that need to be tidy in the morning. smiley

About me
Me: Am I.T guy, In aspects of earning I earn thrice more than her but I find it easy in doing house chores, (my mama taught me well grin you know) do dishes and tidy up things myself, (that was how she knows me) and always putting things in place, provides everything needed, supportive etc...Am the kind of person I return home late sometimes because after leaving my official work, I check in my personal business before going home.. So something 9pm or 10pm or 11pm (depends on traffic) before I get back home.

To married people, Councillors, experienced people in the house, , I will like your contribution in terms of House chores issue and wife responsibility etc, It can help me or some people out there in this kind of similar situation. Thank.. (no insult I beg.)

YES!
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by newoffer: 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2022
That's national flag. If u like marry her...we go read about una here. Oga if she no dey do anything let her be ooo
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by zedegit: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
LotaTee:
She leaves for work by 7.30am and you still want her to cook for you and do house chores?Are you a slave master?You want to kill somebody's child because she agreed to date you?Abeg abeg, if you can't cook for yourself then hire a help.This shouldn't even be a problem talk more of bringing it to nairaland.

Why not cook it the previous day against the next day?

For me, it's a bloodied RED flag.

She can't keep a home, what's the need for marriage?

It's only a short she complains of tiredness to knack. You will be begging for the tip to just touch her kitty.

4 Likes

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by kkins25(m): 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2022
from what i understand, a man, they say is supposed to provide for the home while the woman takes care of it.

in your case, both of you are providing for the home. Who is going to take care of it now?

2 Likes

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by jrusky(m): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2022
No it's a blue flag or you call it brown flag.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Digmygold: 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2022
If truly you take care of everything like you claim. Tell her to leave her job and pay her what she earns in.a month as she might be tired from stress from work. So if she's free all day, she may be able to do your chores for you. . Afterwards check if she changes. If she does, marry her because she is not your free lunch. Wife her.

If she doesn't change, then red flag.

4 Likes

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by GeneralOjukwu: 9:34pm On Jan 15, 2022
Run for your life.

A woman who is only useful for sex is a liability.

NEVER settle for less. I can NEVER tolerate a woman who can't do house chores.

4 Likes

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by zedegit: 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2022
kkins25:
from what i understand, a man, they say is supposed to provide for the home while the woman takes care of it.

in your case, both of you are providing for the home. Who is going to take care of it now?

Our mothers were going to farm, market etc and still taking care of the home.

This generation slay mamas are something else.

2 Likes

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by CheedyJ(m): 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
Understanding lo matter as long as she's not dirty or lazy, u guys can reach an understanding..assist her with d ones u can & let her do hers, na collabo dey make rice full pot o
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by zedegit: 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
GeneralOjukwu:
Run for your life.

A woman who is only useful for sex is a liability.

NEVER settle for less

Who even told you she would be good at sex?

Nobi to lie like wood and watch you knock yourself out?
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by womenareapess: 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
QuizPay:
I will make this epistle to be as short as possible, forget about the grammar and focus on the content ...

undecidedIs this a red flag or not or its just what it is, or what is your take in this? undecided

My fiancee Fines it difficult to cook (though she can cook and a very good cook), I am not the type that eat outside always (I love home food), I only do such once in a while. She cooks sometimes in the evening or at night but it's a no no in the morning, I have to make my dishes for myself before going to work and house chores is even the worst. l gave her 9.9% that's how worst in terms of house chores, her excuse is "my weakness is house chores, I will try to be adjusting blablabla.

She only tidy/clean when I complain, after that she returns to former ways except if I complain again. Any time she does house chores she won't let me hear words, I did this, I did that, you don't even appreciate me, I did that too grin ecsetera. Her suggestion is for us to hire househelp (and house help is a no no for me, even if I will take in house help not now). The house is even small for house help to come in. Sometimes, she dodges cooking by trying to convince me to buy/order food while coming home etc, I do that sometimes but most time I decline and tell her to prepare food at home.

Although if I compel her to do things in romantic way sha she will do it but must I be compelling someone daughter in romantic ways always before doing what she needs to do ni. Also she works in a finance firm and leaves the house around after seven or 7:30am (House to work is close), back by 6pm but should this be an excuse to prepare dish for me, for someone that finds it difficult to prepare breakfast as Early as possible for just one person how much more when kids are involved waking up to take care of kids ecsetera. We agreed she will stop the work and I will set her up when we got marry and she promised after that she will be able to do the tidy and cooking very well undecided. Planning to knot this year anyways, just a bit worry about this house chores of a thing which I have told her times without number...

The good part about her
* She is faithful and literally tells me everything that happens to her on daily basis.
*she can confidently give me her phone to work (this has happened twice, because I need to help in fixing her phone) , which I will give her updates about her callers, messages etc when she returns back from work and her phone has never be on lock.
*She is a prayer warrior (she can pray for 4hours cheesy), though she skips Sunday sometime because of resting. And Sometimes, i am tempted to tell her to reduce prayer at night so she can cook/tidy things that need to be tidy in the morning. smiley

About me
Me: Am I.T guy, In aspects of earning I earn thrice more than her but I find it easy in doing house chores, (my mama taught me well grin you know) do dishes and tidy up things myself, (that was how she knows me) and always putting things in place, provides everything needed, supportive etc...Am the kind of person I return home late sometimes because after leaving my official work, I check in my personal business before going home.. So something 9pm or 10pm or 11pm (depends on traffic) before I get back home.

To married people, Councillors, experienced people in the house, , I will like your contribution in terms of House chores issue and wife responsibility etc, It can help me or some people out there in this kind of similar situation. Thank.. (no insult I beg.)
no this is not a big red flag you simp undecided

Keep ignoring little details still she use your mother as house girl and you won't even get sense since you are already lacking sense!

2 Likes

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by jaxxy(m): 9:37pm On Jan 15, 2022
QuizPay:

The good part about her

About me

The most important things in marriage is
Trust
Genuine Love
Supportive
Transparency

Every other thing can be worked out or worked on.

If a gal had the right qualities I can overlook alot especially if I can do those things myself.

How many wives can confidently give their fines to their husbands?? grin

Very very few. 90% of them are shady or selfish.

U better marry that gal and make her breakfast in bed. grin

She scores high in areas the really count.

1 Like

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Sermwell(m): 9:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
LotaTee:
She leaves for work by 7.30am and you still want her to cook for you and do house chores?Are you a slave master?You want to kill somebody's child because she agreed to date you?Abeg abeg, if you can't cook for yourself then hire a help.This shouldn't even be a problem talk more of bringing it to nairaland.
If he marries her, who will feed the kids? A stranger in the name of housemaid??

2 Likes

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Akakanfirstclass(m): 9:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
Swears, this description matches my ideal woman, God abeg do am for me

SIRTee15:

Every man wants a tall light skin lady with big yansh and huge breast. Working class, independent but submissive. Hard working, good cook, loves house chores and respectful. She must also must be a virgin but able to perform different styles on bed.
Look around you and be sincere, do u think the calibre of women we churning out into the society nowadays meet the anove criteria.

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Adubi1: 9:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
Please watch how to identify red flags in marriages. Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P09-7Aq270
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Uptheante(m): 9:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
Be ready to employ a house help after wedding or prepare to cook urself or buy food from restaurants
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by ppogba: 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2022
shantti:
I didnt read the story at all. But due to the longness of this epistle, it's a redflag

I didn't too. From the topic itself, it looked like a stupid question.

Whether na red or green flag, las las you will be the one to carry your cross. Na my own cross I carry so.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Newboss(m): 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2022
These bîtches don't change for good after marriage. It only gets worse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by STENON(f): 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
Like seriously?
Stop thinking like the older generation and face the reality about life.

Allow the most responsible and lucky man to marry her. Go and Design your own Naija made cook alcoholic wife and then marry your own product tongue

1 Like

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by McAausim: 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
shocked
Some lady are jux useless...

Bro... She has nothing to offer than giving you sex....

Bleep the hell of that bitch and move on... shocked

I don tell you my own
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Fashionista01(f): 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
No. It is a blue flag.
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by janda1: 9:41pm On Jan 15, 2022
SIRTee15:
OP just manage your fiancee like that. There's no complete package anywhere. So long as her positive character outweigh the negative, tie the knot.

Every man wants a tall light skin lady with big yansh and huge breast. Working class, independent but submissive. Hard working, good cook, loves house chores and respectful. She must also must be a virgin but able to perform different styles on bed.
Look around you and be sincere, do u think the calibre of women we churning out into the society nowadays meet the anove criteria.

Just focus on what works for your marriage and move on. I'm sure she has some attributes u like for u to decide u want to marry her

Not all men like big yansh and big breast undecided

Big bro manage her like that because you don't know what she went through in the office from 7 am and to 4pm
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
OP it a bitter leaf green undecided
Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by kurlz(f): 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
No. Its a yellow flag. But since she's working also, you guys have to do the shores together. Shebi you want western life. You shear bills you share shores too.

2 Likes

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by franchasng: 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2022
QuizPay:

The good part about her

About me

The world has changed.

I don't think a good wife to be today is measured by cooking and cleaning skills unlike some years back.

If she is good in other skills like financial management, money making, companionship and most importantly she respects you, then others can be worked upon

2 Likes

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by LesbianBoy(m): 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2022
OP, It is a big red flag o don't listen to all these SIMP

She will still deny you sex, now add that to this. Omo, na problem you dey carry enter your life grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? by ImoleNaija: 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2022
Lightorder:
Not a red flag at all. Do You want to marry her to cook for you ? Let her be Joor . You can be eating transparency and faithfulness na. Maybe that has been what her mum has been serving them all in her family. When your family members come visiting, you serve them transparency .She might be the only faithful and transparent wife to be, remaining on earth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Funny Things People Do All In The Name Of Love / Never Date A Woman Who Don't Find You Sexually Attractive / Davido Cheating Saga: Men, What Do You Want? Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.