Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) (58799 Views)

Black Soot In Rivers: My Nose Looks Like Exhaust & Charcoal (Pictures) / Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) / Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2022
brightalo1010:
why Goodluck didn't set it up if I may ask ?
Should we continue that way?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2022
realstars:
All i see is the none lazy youths working hard to earn a living in a hard and narrow way. but dangerous to life of others.

Thank GOD Dangote's refinary will soon open, call all this people and employ them. They have the knowlage and idear of good production.
that's my thought,
They're talking about soot, you've added job to it. How can you please humans! grin
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by EPIJOE: 3:59pm On Jan 14, 2022
CHARGE YOUR ENERGY ON SUSTAINING A BETTER NIGERIA. WHY MUCH HATRED FOR A PROGRESSING TRIBE
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Agugbadin: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2022
KPOFIRE has destroyed PHC environment.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by blowjohn(m): 4:34pm On Jan 14, 2022
Those people working there are gonna race many health issues.
Money is not everything.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Sniper101(m): 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2022
Omó
these ones dey run dia own for daytime shocked

Wahala cheesy
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by DabuIIIT: 4:49pm On Jan 14, 2022
Give them their fair share of their God given resources and see if this and others won't die down.

Bloody cesspit of a zoo and it's parasitic zootizens
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Lekison(m): 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
If this country is restructured. The Eastern region can set up refineries on their own without waiting for useless approval from the failed federal government.
But this is not the east.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by obailala(m): 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
If this country is restructured. The Eastern region can set up refineries on their own without waiting for useless approval from the failed federal government.
FG has been begging investors to come and collect free licenses to build refineries since God knows when but no state is taking advantage of it. Stop excusing the laziness, ineptitude and uselessness of governors on the alter of 'fake federalism'.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by ozome15(m): 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2022
realstars:
All i see is the none lazy youths working hard to earn a living in a hard and narrow way. but dangerous to life of others.

Thank GOD Dangote's refinary will soon open, call all this people and employ them. They have the knowlage and idear of good production.
that's my thought,
Please can you high the volume.
The Chinese, Indians and Lebanon, they are bringing to be supervising us are no better than us. They can't equal us in any aspect of life it's just a matter of government policies and enabling environment to achieve the desired results. Nigerians has the manpower the way to navigate any obstacle or challenges.
our leaders are our highest ENEMIES.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by nedzuby: 5:07pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:

Then kill everyone with soot?
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by braining01: 5:34pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:

Stop clinching na! They said RIVERS, you're mentioning Eastern. Dey your dey bro.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by chaloskyx: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2022
HAS YOUR GOVT DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT THE ANSWER IS NO!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Psoul(m): 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2022
Omniman:
Government should:
1. Use drone to survey inspect the origin of the soot...

2. Identify and mark the location

3. Send troops/ ground soldiers to make arrest...

4. Secure / deconterminate the sites.

Problem solved....

You sound as if you just came into this country after staying away from her for very long years.
Do you think that government don't know these sites.
They know. It is even the military and other law enforcement agents that give them protections and connive with them to run the business.
They are making money from that.
So they cannot destroy their source of illegal income.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2022
braining01:

Stop clinching na! They said RIVERS, you're mentioning Eastern. Dey your dey bro.
I am from an oil producing state. I am saying what will benefit the populace. If you don't understand what restructuring is. Go and do a reasonable research
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2022
obailala:
FG has been begging investors to come and collect free licenses to build refineries since God knows when but no state is taking advantage of it. Stop excusing the laziness, ineptitude and uselessness of governors on the alter of 'fake federalism'.
Have you considered the security architecture in those areas. But with restructuring security will be much more closer to the people. This is where state police comes in.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2022
nedzuby:

Then kill everyone with soot?
What is the permanent solution to the problem? Look millions of Nigerians knows the country's problem but just a handful can come up with reasonable solution.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by obailala(m): 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
Have you considered the security architecture in those areas. But with restructuring security will be much more closer to the people. This is where state police comes in.
Security Indeed! Lack of security is the reason the state governments in the SS and SE and even the SW have been unable to get their acts together to build state refineries?... And it is when the state governors are given state police that they can finally be sensible enough to build relevant infrastructure?
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2022
obailala:
Security Indeed! Lack of security is the reason the state governments in the SS and SE and even the SW have been unable to get their acts together to build state refineries?... And it is when the state governors are given state police that they can finally be sensible enough to build relevant infrastructure?
I can see you don't understand the dynamics of restructuring and it's advantages. The federal system is not working.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by mfm04622: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2022
holluwizzy:
Seriously

Of course!!!

What did you think caused it?
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by mfm04622: 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2022
realstars:

that's my thought,

If you are Dangote, you will employ criminals to run your investment for you? LoL!!!!

1 Like

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by mfm04622: 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2022
Omniman:
Government should:
1. Use drone to survey inspect the origin of the soot...

2. Identify and mark the location

3. Send troops/ ground soldiers to make arrest...

4. Secure / deconterminate the sites.

Problem solved....

What problem solved?

New set will move to another location and start again
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by mfm04622: 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Why cant the govt do this?

Give permission for building small modular refineries to aid the moribund one in Port Harcourt

For those caught in this sabotage, Prosecute, Rehabilitate and reintegrate them to society. They may be helpful in running these mini refineries

As long as the need for diesel is there, these people would not go away completely

Shit!!!!

Today, if you want to legally open a refinery in Nigeria, all you need to do is apply! We have at least 5 private refinery in Nigeria presently, with at least 2 others under construction. Not counting that of Dangote.
Please note that no legal refinery will operate like that. And those local refineries can't make profit if they pay for the crude they use
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2022
Sholaco:
that is not what the story posted here is saying.. please learn how to comment on the issue at hand and not otherwise

Forget about some individuals who think the beginning and end of Nigeria lies solely on oil. Forgetting its all a journey of phase, gladly oil is been found in other parts of Nigeria and I believe alot will be seen in far away North. It's just a phase and all this noise and Chest beating will get to know we need each other.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by tuoyoojo(m): 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2022
mfm04622:

Shit!!!!

Today, if you want to legally open a refinery in Nigeria, all you need to do is apply! We have at least 5 private refinery in Nigeria presently, with at least 2 others under construction. Not counting that of Dangote.
Please note that no legal refinery will operate like that. And those local refineries can't make profit if they pay for the crude they use

I never knew we had 5 private refineries in Nigeria.

I agree with you. If they pay for the crude they may not make profits
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Hkff: 6:51pm On Jan 14, 2022
Oh
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by realstars: 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2022
mfm04622:

If you are Dangote, you will employ criminals to run your investment for you? LoL!!!!
and their crime is to produce what your country could not produce for common man without subsidy..
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by obailala(m): 7:13pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
I can see you don't understand the dynamics of restructuring and it's advantages. The federal system is not working.
Lol... I understand the dynamics of restructuring probably better than you do. Everyone knows too well that the current federal system in Nigeria isn't working. But that is not the reason we dont have functional refineries; the reason we don't have functional refineries is the uselessness of our leaders both at the state and federal level.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2022
obailala:
Lol... I understand the dynamics of restructuring probably better than you do. Everyone knows too well that the current federal system in Nigeria isn't working. But that is not the reason we dont have functional refineries; the reason we don't have functional refineries is the uselessness of our leaders both at the state and federal level.
Now you are getting it. But if we continue with this system it will lead us to destruction. If the restructuring agenda can sell and implemented see, those regions with crude oil deposit will put up working refineries.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by obailala(m): 7:35pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
Now you are getting it. But if we continue with this system it will lead us to destruction. If the restructuring agenda can sell and implemented see, those regions with crude oil deposit will put up working refineries.
Just a point to note - I didn't say restructuring wasn't good or that Nigeria doesn't need restructuring.

The point I tried to pass across is that you should stop using lack of restructuring as an excuse to justify the ineptitude, corruption and wickedness of our leaders at the state level. The states have been receiving over 40% of the nations resources at least for the past 23 years; the blame for our underdevelopment doesnt rest with the FG alone.

With the massive revenue accruing to those core oil producing states (i.e. Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa), lack of restructuring isn't a reasonable excuse for those states not having functional state refineries. Even with restructuring, the ineptitude, corruption and wickedness of leaders in those states wouldn't still let them build refineries; they'd just sit back and feast on the larger revenue that would accrue to them.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by omanzo02: 7:46pm On Jan 14, 2022
Racers:
I feel for the people of Rivers� this shit needs to be tackled because it's detrimental to the health of Rivers people

In few years the damages will be known, there will be a major lung problems among the populace, they are endangering the health of millions for peanut.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by nedzuby: 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
What is the permanent solution to the problem? Look millions of Nigerians knows the country's problem but just a handful can come up with reasonable solution.

The solution to this problem is by not starting this problem.

Look how bleeped up Port Harcourt is, few people are enjoying this so called solution while a lot of people are suffering the consequence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Go About Without Bathing After Sex? / 6 New Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria. Total of 238 confirmed cases. 35 discharged / Ghanaian Nurse Commits Suicide After She Was Heavily Teased By Her Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.