Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) (58818 Views)

Black Soot In Rivers: My Nose Looks Like Exhaust & Charcoal (Pictures) / Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) / Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by errigdee: 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2022
lol Nigeria na bushmen full everywhere.... see your same people enslaving the same people... killing the same people.... STUPID dumb ass
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
If this country is restructured. The Eastern region can set up refineries on their own without waiting for useless approval from the failed federal government.
How many barrels of oil are you going to set up refinary in the SE for?
Besides the FG is not stopping them (SE or SS) from having refinary
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Coldie(m): 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Why cant the govt do this?

Give permission for building small modular refineries to aid the moribund one in Port Harcourt

For those caught in this sabotage, Prosecute, Rehabilitate and reintegrate them to society. They may be helpful in running these mini refineries

As long as the need for diesel is there, these people would not go away completely
U think those people even if the government gave them permission to build modular refineries they will stop?

1 Like

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 8:40pm On Jan 14, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
How many barrels of oil are you going to set up refinary in the SE for?
Besides the FG is not stopping them (SE or SS) from having refinary
How many barrels of oil made Nigeria set up refinary in kaduna. I am talking about restructuring you are taking about barrel of oil.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2022
obailala:
Just a point to note - I didn't say restructuring wasn't good or that Nigeria doesn't need restructuring.

The point I tried to pass across is that you should stop using lack of restructuring as an excuse to justify the ineptitude, corruption and wickedness of our leaders at the state level. The states have been receiving over 40% of the nations resources at least for the past 23 years; the blame for our underdevelopment doesnt rest with the FG alone.

With the massive revenue accruing to those core oil producing states (i.e. Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa), lack of restructuring isn't a reasonable excuse for those states not having functional state refineries. Even with restructuring, the ineptitude, corruption and wickedness of leaders in those states wouldn't still let them build refineries; they'd just sit back and feast on the larger revenue that would accrue to them.
The current structure is not working. Lets look for a better model. The present structure is like patching a football.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by toxjox: 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2022
Sholaco:
that is not what the story posted here is saying.. please learn how to comment on the issue at hand and not otherwise
RESTRUCTURING why is it not relevant to this topic?
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by joepepsy(m): 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2022
The matter tire me am speechless and hopeless.
SangoOlukosoOba:

Damn!

I am really very sorry, but you dumb!

So you believe this locals are petrochemical engineers that Dangote should employ?

And you called them hard working in an illicit trade?

Sigh….

Nigeria has no hope
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by jaydeeking(m): 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2022
Oboy see hustle......Igbo kwenu!!!
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by koolaid87: 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2022
Damn, these people no even wear mask

Wow!

I pity their ignorance
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by GetMeRight: 10:36pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
If this country is restructured. The Eastern region can set up refineries on their own without waiting for useless approval from the failed federal government.

You meant this kind of "refineries"? Lol. Na soot go wipe all of una out, serious lung diseases. These ones no be refineries but disasters
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 14, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I don't agree with you. Those engaged in illegal refining aren't touts. They're same petroleum engineering graduates you referred to in your post. Do you and i know how to refine? We've got no background knowledge of it. Our government has failed us. In a responsible society, these guys would be supported to establish modern modular refineries which the federal government once made so much noise about without any meaningful result. Several people even applied for the licence but they looked elsewhere. This is why I'm always an advocate of revolution in this country. These guys risk their lives doing what they knew how to do best, they're not bandits, neither are they kidnappers. See how committed they are on the job. The so called soot had always been there. They should task the oil companies on clean up of the region in which they operate, not those guys who work hard to male ends meet. You're saying illegal refineries should stop but you're not issuing licences to those who were ready to do business, but to your cronies only. That's not equity, fairness and justice.

Read this, so you will understand that Government have given out licenses to private companies but most have refused to build

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/40-oil-firms-in-possession-of-dormant-refinery-licenses/#:~:text=%E2%80%A2,capacity%20by%201.862m%20bpd&text=The%20DPR%20refinery%20license%20status,of%20which%2040%20are%20inactive.

https://www.thecable.ng/full-list-dangote-waltersmith-private-refineries-licensed-by-dpr/amp
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by mfm04622: 11:48pm On Jan 14, 2022
realstars:
and their crime is to produce what your country could not produce for common man without subsidy..

Their crimes include

1. Stealing
2. Environmental degradation
3. Sabotage of pipelines

1 Like

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Lekan239(m): 11:53pm On Jan 14, 2022
Omniman:
Government should:
1. Use drone to survey inspect the origin of the soot...

2. Identify and mark the location

3. Send troops/ ground soldiers to make arrest...

4. Secure / deconterminate the sites.

Problem solved....
Procedure for carrying out Method study
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by ajl: 3:21am On Jan 15, 2022
And these are human beings? Nigeria has turned some people to demons.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 5:35am On Jan 15, 2022
[quote author=Senomi post=109359248][/quote] You think Dangote, after spending billions of dollars on that refinery will not employ capable hands to run it? You think he's foolish enough to employ anybody just because they're from the North? It's not a government refinery but a Private refinery. Dangote needs to make profit and he will employ the best capable hands in his company.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Tvoice: 8:51am On Jan 15, 2022
obembet:
One thing I know it's that it's either Rivers state people continue with black soot or bad boy, criminals , arm robbers, kidnappers come back the state. People that leave in Rivers that can confirmed that we have been enjoying peace from this people cos of this bad business.. I just hope government with take care of everything.

God bless Rivers State

Thunder fire Buhari and his supporters

You just leaked something that the ph citizens has been trying to protect right since the yaraduas regime, congratulations to u ma , by the time they start locating and bombing those site u will sit at home not know the damages u have caused , congratulations to u ma.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by obembet(f): 9:12am On Jan 15, 2022
Tvoice:

You just leaked something that the ph citizens has been trying to protect right since the yaraduas regime, congratulations to u ma , by the time they start locating and bombing those site u will sit at home not know the damages u have caused , congratulations to u ma.

If you base in Rivers State, u will understand what am talking about, I remember last year when those bad boy moving from one office to another, collecting phone and police even dey run from them. Everyone from GRA to oluobasanjo was running Helter skelter. But since those idiot engaged in something else, u can walk and nobody will collect ur properties. Just that spot is killing us gradually too.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Tvoice: 9:16am On Jan 15, 2022
obembet:

If you base in Rivers State, u will understand what am talking about, I remember last year when those bad boy moving from one office to another, collecting phone and police even dey run from them. Everyone from GRA to oluobasanjo was running Helter skelter. But since those idiot engaged in something else, u can walk and nobody will collect ur properties. Just that spot is killing us gradually too.

Plz understand my message , I understand they are trying to survive , which is good , wat I said is u should not have brought this very matter here , for ur info am based in ph , some things are meant to be kept secrets even though they are in d open , how will u fill if u here that they bomb those site few weeks after u have given out this information?
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by obembet(f): 10:51am On Jan 15, 2022
Tvoice:

Plz understand my message , I understand they are trying to survive , which is good , wat I said is u should not have brought this very matter here , for ur info am based in ph , some things are meant to be kept secrets even though they are in d open , how will u fill if u here that they bomb those site few weeks after u have given out this information?

Information? I don't understand.. is there anything hidden here?

I almost run from port Harcourt some years back cos most Keke and taxi has become one chance, no where is safe anymore. I fact this country self
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by descarado: 10:57am On Jan 15, 2022
oyeb15:
They even produce better petrol (light gold colour) than the white and light imported pms that use to dry up.
So, they should continue shocked
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by descarado: 11:03am On Jan 15, 2022
obembet:

The effect when it start, will shock all of us.
Rivers people are so self entitled. I blame their useless traditions and culture, then their politicians. Once cool and calming state has been brought under. Also, as they lack administrative qualities, because of sabotage and internal politicking, they are still grounded long after the civil war. Had these people aligned with igbos, will Rivers state be in its present predicament, hell no.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by obembet(f): 11:10am On Jan 15, 2022
descarado:

The effect when it start, will shock all of us.
Rivers people are so self entitled. I blame their useless traditions and culture, then their politicians. Once cool and calming state has been brought under. Also, as they lack administrative qualities, because of sabotage and internal politicking, they are still grounded long after the civil war. Had these people aligned with igbos, will Rivers state be in its present predicament, hell no.

Tvoice This is my fear
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by mfm04622: 12:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
realstars:
and their crime is to produce what your country could not produce for common man without subsidy..

What they produce is mainly diesel. There has not been subsidy on diesel sin a long time.
They are criminals, simple
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by braining01: 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2022
Nicepoker:
I am from an oil producing state. I am saying what will benefit the populace. If you don't understand what restructuring is. Go and do a reasonable research

Dey your dey in your Eastern region and leave South South alone. You can't be clamouring restructuring and still be looking for who to colonise. Your region has just 5 state. Whether you have oil or not we care less, stop poking your noses into other people's oil.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by UtuokeAlcoholic: 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
Nicepoker:
But we no longer have eastern region today. What we have today are South south region and south east. So you need to be specific about the region you are referring to, dear. Not trying to forcefully attach other people because of their natural resources which you are after.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Vanzcharles(m): 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I don't agree with you. Those engaged in illegal refining aren't touts. They're same petroleum engineering graduates you referred to in your post. Do you and i know how to refine? We've got no background knowledge of it. Our government has failed us. In a responsible society, these guys would be supported to establish modern modular refineries which the federal government once made so much noise about without any meaningful result. Several people even applied for the licence but they looked elsewhere. This is why I'm always an advocate of revolution in this country. These guys risk their lives doing what they knew how to do best, they're not bandits, neither are they kidnappers. See how committed they are on the job. The so called soot had always been there. They should task the oil companies on clean up of the region in which they operate, not those guys who work hard to male ends meet. You're saying illegal refineries should stop but you're not issuing licence to those who were ready to do business, but to your cronies only. That's not equity, fairness and justice.

Do you know that, what these guys refine is as pure as anything? Most of the speed boats operating in the niger delta use their diesel to operate. They sell to petrol stations too. The day I heard a documentary on the products of these so called illegal refineries, I almost cursed our government for not allowing private firms to set up a refineries thereby put an end to the subsidy and importation of petroleum products. You can imagine what over 2,000 registered and operational modular refineries would have contributed in terms of local consumption of petroleum products.

LoL you don't really know what is going on in the south south, creeks. cheesy you mean pet. Graduates are bursting pipelines and running underground refinery? Do you know how many constituents of crude oil? LoL. Their oil pure?
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 10:12am On Jan 19, 2022
UtuokeAlcoholic:
But we no longer have eastern region today. What we have today are South south region and south east. So you need to be specific about the region you are referring to, dear. Not trying to forcefully attach other people because of their natural resources which you are after.
You reason like the useless federal government. What exactly is the fake unitary system of government after in South South.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 10:16am On Jan 19, 2022
braining01:

Dey your dey in your Eastern region and leave South South alone. You can't be clamouring restructuring and still be looking for who to colonise. Your region has just 5 state. Whether you have oil or not we care less, stop poking your noses into other people's oil.
As if you are even free from Western colonization. The north east and west have been contributing to the uselessness of the country.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 10:22am On Jan 19, 2022
GetMeRight:

You meant this kind of "refineries"? Lol. Na soot go wipe all of una out, serious lung diseases. These ones no be refineries but disasters
let me educate you a little bit. What should be done is simply. These guys have the idea going into this venture. The government needs to support them financially and otherwise, grant then license for operation. You will then be left with some few bad eggs it will be easier for those ones to be taken care of. When there is a problem. Always look for solutions.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Kinematics: 6:58am On Jan 23, 2022
PortHarcourt1st:
[s]See the slum dweller Kinematics aka AwkaFinest doing Kpofire. Port Harcourt is the most polluted city in the world[/s]

You need to go check your mental health. Your medications are no longer effective.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by greatness77: 10:24am On Feb 03, 2022
Omniman:
Government should:
1. Use drone to survey inspect the origin of the soot...

2. Identify and mark the location

3. Send troops/ ground soldiers to make arrest...

4. Secure / deconterminate the sites.

Problem solved....
Everything about north is violence, See your mouth like send troops as if they won during d reign of former niger delta warlord TOMPOLO
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Omniman(m): 10:58am On Feb 03, 2022
greatness77:
Everything about north is violence, See your mouth like send troops as if they won during d reign of former niger delta warlord TOMPOLO

Oya naw drop solution to the matter on ground cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See My Narrow Escape Back Then Before I Got Married, You Will Learn From It / What Soap Do You Use? / 6 New Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria. Total of 238 confirmed cases. 35 discharged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.