Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad (30761 Views)

22-Year-Old Man Marries His 48-Year-Old Oyibo Girlfriend At Ikoyi Registry Lagos / Valentine: "See What I Got For My Faraway Soldier Boyfriend And I" / Hilarious Memes About The Girl That Proposed To Her Boyfriend And Got Rejected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Nikeruka(m): 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
tarantino1:
How do foolish people even get such scholarships?
I don't understand.

Please tell her to pick the boyfriend because Love conquers all things.

Imagine being a parent and having your child ask this question.
Na marathon slap
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Foodqueen(f): 5:19pm On Jan 16, 2022
That was how my cousin's boyfriend then made her choose him over her master degree abroad.

Later found out the guy never loved her.

They later got married, and it was pain and bitterness for the 3+ years they lived together. Till he pushes her to her death.

Rip Gladys.

1 Like

Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by ChemicalReaction(f): 5:26pm On Jan 16, 2022
murtaj:
chemical reaction. What kind of reaction are you?
Nuclear reaction. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by TheGift: 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2022
Mynd44:
https://twitter.com/ritapurity/status/1482367305317244931?t=93ZcFKJSJWodg1cbmAlCvw&s=19

Whether She is 22, 33, 44, 55 or…

Any guy that will make a Woman choose between Her personal development and Him is not worth choosing.

An unselfish, Wise and non-desperate Man who really loves Her, will free Her to pursue Her dreams. And see how it goes.

There are so many Men , who seem to find their Manhood in keeping thier Women down. Such Men will not progress much in life and risk being the object of the Wife’s resentment.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by SamJel(m): 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2022
This same boyfriend that will still break her young heart.
Any boyfriend that's not ready to make sacrifices for his lady is not worth making sacrifices for.
If it were the guy that got the scholarship, he wouldn't think twice before going and probably dumping the girl for one white girl.
Let the girl leave the stup. id boyfriend and go get her Masters.
She may even find someone better over there.
Insecure human beings everywhere.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by anizy(f): 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2022
ChemicalReaction:
How can you even consider a boyfriend over scholarship at 22?? shocked

Someone dey suppose wipe am with USB cord. undecided

1 Like

Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by LofiLogic: 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
Chimookigwe:
For her to bring this up, it means she is stupid.

She should have walked out on the guy immediately he said this rubbish.

Omo eh. Make she just kuku choose the relationship cus ein b like the education wey she don get b4 na waste
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by tunize(m): 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2022
Even me when be guy man nor go advice her say man is she okay oga if the guy wan move make e move oooh......Scholarship all the way
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by semanose: 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2022
Young lady, Go for your MSC!

This decision is God's way of eliminating persons who don't want you to progress from your life.

Take the Cue and let him be.

A better suitor is dying to meet you in the not too distant future.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by semanose: 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2022
SamJel:
This same boyfriend that will still break her young heart.
Any boyfriend that's not ready to make sacrifices for his lady is not worth making sacrifices for.
If it were the guy that got the scholarship, he wouldn't think twice before going and probably dumping the girl for one white girl.
Let the girl leave the stup. id boyfriend and go get her Masters.
She may even find someone better over there.
Insecure human beings everywhere.

grin
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Corroro: 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2022
Make she do her scholarship abeg, who relationship help?
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Advancedman(m): 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
Double0h7:
If she knows what's good for her she better follow her education and wait for her husband. She has time on her side and in 3 years time she can pick a higher value man.

The question is so stupid.
But you are kind hearted to offer advice.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Advancedman(m): 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2022
Chimookigwe:
For her to bring this up, it means she i[b]s stupid.[/b]

She should have walked out on the guy immediately he said this rubbish.

God bless you.
And the op self mumu for posting it.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Advancedman(m): 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
MideMrPossible:
It's so yarn... At 22, for the guy to subject her into such trauma then its a no no. The dude in question must be a bad jealous lover so instead for him to see ways of advancing himself to match up with the babe, he instead seek means to stall her... At 22, not fair!

Sorry I don't like to criticize but when you leave the target to attack irrelevant it's a bullet to the head.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by murtaj(m): 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
ChemicalReaction:

Nuclear reaction. cheesy
Lol
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Obiorahpcfg: 6:36pm On Jan 16, 2022
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by BabbanBura(m): 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
Ya all talking without getting the full gist, what if the scholarship no clean?
As in if it get a condition like marrying the son of the sponsor whome she doesn't love or it is sponsored by a sugar daddy etc?
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 16, 2022
pansophist:
One doesn't block the other. She can do both. Date and study, then visit each other possibly. But if he insist that she must forsake her future for him, then dump him. He can't possibly love you without supporting your growth.

Don't you understand the concept of Hypergamy, why give such advise, love requires sacrifice, she's a woman her ultimate utility is judged based on her relationship while men are judged based on their accomplishment, she should play a role in the progress of her man and both will gain, if not she will outprice herself out with her ticking biological clock from men that she wants her career and education to meet in socio-economic status
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Numerouno94(m): 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2022
Kinisoo:
God forbid. I'll never have this kind of sister in Jesus name. Amen

Hahahahahahaha grin grin
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by l0uie(m): 7:00pm On Jan 16, 2022
Tell the baby girl that Louie said that she should forgo her boyfriend for her education. If he truly loves her, he'd stand by her at all cost. Plus, a real nigga does not give his baby girl ultimatum when it comes to stuff like this.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by galaxy2020(m): 7:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Mummy G.O said if she choose her bf, hell fire straight.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Angelacruz: 7:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
Dis same tin happened to me but i was smart.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Oyiboman69: 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2022
ChemicalReaction:
How can you even consider a boyfriend over scholarship at 22?? shocked

Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by HonestFriend: 7:27pm On Jan 16, 2022
Love is blind... No b only love is blind... Ogun kil love..
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by 1Sharon(f): 7:35pm On Jan 16, 2022
Black people and 'pull him down syndrome'
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 16, 2022
1Sharon:
Black people and 'pull him down syndrome'

An ambitious woman is a poor candidate for relationship or even having family,she can't be a good wife or mother

He made a right call, she will even seek better in terms of socio-economic status after the degree

1 Like

Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by cleod: 8:13pm On Jan 16, 2022
Which kind boyfriend. boyfriend fire abeg take your scholarship and go your school
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
Nothing to say sad
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Pimine: 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
Double0h7:
If she knows what's good for her she better follow her education and wait for her husband. She has time on her side and in 3 years time she can pick a higher value man.
Aswearugaaad

Lol @ the bolded.
Your degree and money means nothing to a high value man.

@OP I've seen a lot of terrible advice here but I'm going to tell you the truth. If you're sure that nicca is gon' marry you and he makes enough money to take care of you and your new family you're gonna make with him, then fụ́ck that admission!

What y'all girls think men want is totally different from what we want. Are you beautiful, feminine and submissive? That's all a high value man wants.

I wish you the best.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Double0h7(f): 8:28pm On Jan 16, 2022
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

Lol @ the bolded.
Your degree and money means nothing to a high value man.

@OP I've seen a lot of terrible advice here but I'm going to tell you the truth. If you're sure that nicca is gon' marry you and he makes enough money to take care of you and your new family you're gonna make with him, then fụ́ck that admission!

What y'all girls think men want is totally different from what we want. Are you beautiful, feminine and submissive? That's all a high value man wants.

I wish you the best.

Lol. I was talking about an educated, exposed man who can give her citizenship. Not the misogynistic bs you just said.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Pimine: 8:30pm On Jan 16, 2022
semanose:

Young lady, Go for your MSC!

This decision is God's way of eliminating persons who don't want you to progress from your life.

Take the Cue and let him be.

A better suitor is dying to meet you in the not too distant future.
Aswearugaaad

How are you sure, girlie? Did you place the better suitor at a specific bus stop in the future?

These guys had plans - they agreed to get married but the girl obviously wants the nicca to wait for her to go and do masters abroad.
Abeg who MSc epp? She found love but wants to play betnaija with future better suitor
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Ariwapasoso: 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2022
Fucklove:
Her village people right now cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Decent Pre-wedding Shots Of An Ibo Brother / Lady Warns Ladies About Her Estranged Husband As She Calls Him Out / Why You Should Not Have Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.