Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad (30766 Views)

22-Year-Old Man Marries His 48-Year-Old Oyibo Girlfriend At Ikoyi Registry Lagos / Valentine: "See What I Got For My Faraway Soldier Boyfriend And I" / Hilarious Memes About The Girl That Proposed To Her Boyfriend And Got Rejected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Pimine: 8:38pm On Jan 16, 2022
Double0h7:

Lol. I was talking about an educated, exposed man who can give her citizenship. Not the misogynistic bs you just said.
Aswearugaaad

Lol. E say na misogyny. No p.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by 1Sharon(f): 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2022
JESHAL:

An ambitious woman is a poor candidate for relationship or even having family,she can't be a good wife or mother

He made a right call, she will even seek better in terms of socio-economic status after the degree

So a woman can't be ambitious?

If he didn't want her to go for the masters, I'm sure there is a better way he could have put it to her without being self-centred and manipulative.

He tried to shame her by saying 'me or the degree'

Men can truly be like children sometimes.

He's not even her BF or fiance, he had no right to make such a call.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Virginia97(f): 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2022
This is the kind of opportunities am looking for, please I want to go on her behave
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by 1Sharon(f): 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

How are you sure, girlie? Did you place the better suitor at a specific bus stop in the future?

These guys had plans - they agreed to get married but the girl obviously wants the nicca to wait for her to go and do masters abroad.
Abeg who MSc epp? She found love but wants to play betnaija with future better suitor

Where did you read that he's about to get married to her?
The guy was a mere boyfriend not a suitor or husband.

If he was either, I would understand why he wouldn't her to go.

But a boyfriend saying that is just jealousy.

He just wanted to keep her stuck. He's not her husband or fiance to tell her to make such a call.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
1Sharon:

So a woman can't be ambitious?

If he didn't want her to go for the masters, I'm sure there is a better way he could have put it to her without being self-centred and manipulative.

He tried to shame her by saying 'me or the degree'

Men can truly be like children sometimes.

He's not even her BF or fiance, he had no right to make such a call.

It's not shaming but prudence
She has too pick between motherhood and career
She has too prove her love by making the right call
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by 1Sharon(f): 9:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
JESHAL:

It's not shaming but prudence
She has too pick between motherhood and career
She has too prove her love by making the right call

Is he her husband ?? Did he propose to her?

Why is a mere boyfriend telling her to make such a decision?

As I said. If he was her husband or fiance telling her to choose, I'd understand.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
1Sharon:

Is he her husband ?? Did he propose to her?

Why is a mere boyfriend telling her to make such a decision?

As I said. If he was her husband or fiance telling her to choose, I'd understand.

If she can't train herself to respect her boyfriend ultimatum how can she now respect her husband own, building wifely traits starts from somewhere, hopefully he's a serious boyfriend she committed to that's my only objection in the issue
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by TheExclusive: 9:21pm On Jan 16, 2022
They can reach a compromise. I believe the guy must have known about her ambition all the while they were dating. What did the guy do about it before now. He should work towards joining her there at minimum.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by 1Sharon(f): 9:30pm On Jan 16, 2022
JESHAL:

If she can't train herself to respect her boyfriend ultimatum how can she now respect her husband own, building wifely traits starts from somewhere, hopefully he's a serious boyfriend she committed to that's my only objection in the issue

He isn't a serious boyfriend. If he was, she would have said so. If he was a fiance, she would have said fiance.

Hes not her fiance or husband, why is he giving such an ultimatum?
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by 99thEnemy(m): 11:25pm On Jan 16, 2022
Cheryph200:
22 years old.. Is she crazy or something... Time still dey.. The bf should wait for her to finish her MSc.. The bf na greedy man because of knacking only??

Max 18 months MSc oh! grin

That guy was sent by her village people. grin . no two ways grin grin grin
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by 99thEnemy(m): 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2022
ChemicalReaction:
How can you even consider a boyfriend over scholarship at 22?? shocked

Na her type after seeing scandals upon scandals go still go on to make private sex tape in the name of love for it to go public in the next 2 seconds angry angry angry

There is just no patch for human stupidity angry

1 Like

Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by baby124: 11:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
Boyfriend? This 22yr old is mad. Better dump the idiot now. Even married people will not pass up such opportunities. Stop dating less intelligent people whose wives should be unambituous. You won’t hear!
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Goldbw122(m): 12:21am On Jan 17, 2022
Even if she is married she can go for the scholarship and later her husband will join her, and this is a case of her boyfriend, she will find another boy friend when she gets to the school, and she still have a lot of time to decide who will be her husband for the rest of her life.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by damoceile: 12:40am On Jan 17, 2022
Tell her I said she's stupid for seeking people's advice over an issue like this..

Who boyfriend epp in a situation like this undecided

Even the stupid boyfriend asking her to btw choose him or her study abroad is also crazy
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Realchairmann: 1:02am On Jan 17, 2022
This girl is on a long thing ..
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Rosement(f): 2:04am On Jan 17, 2022
Having a specific desire does not make a guy or a lady bad but being selfish is the wicked act. Both guys and ladies should look for their own compatible partners to marry. They have to know each other's personalities, desires and priorities and be sure it is not clashing before they get married. If a guy want a full house wife, he should look for a lady that is ready to be a full house wife, he should not force a lady with a major priority of becoming a working class woman to become a housewife. If a guy wants a slim lady, she should look for a slim lady, he should not force a fat lady to become slim.

The guy is very wicked, what he feels for her is not even love. Genuine love is not self-centered and selfish. This type of guy will never respect her feelings even after marriage, he is a control freak. If she doesn't want regrets in future, it will be better for her to separate from him now. Their relationship is like a master and a slave relationship, his behaviour will likely become worst after marriage. Her happiness, desires and priorities will never matter to him and she will have to learn to continue to sacrifice her own happiness to avoid regular quarrel in their home.

Desires differs, some guys are looking for ambitious ladies like her to marry. She should dump him to find a loving and caring guy that understands her and wants her the way she is. There is no reason for her bf to be proud, he is not the only guy and guys are not scarce. Would she have asked him to stay back and not fulfil his dreams, if she was the one? If she would not have done the same to him then she should not accept it either.

Love brings happiness not worries and fears. If he truly loves her, he will care more about her feelings than his selfish desires. Why will he ask her to sacrifice her own happiness for him? Even in Romeo and Juliet love story, was it only Juilet that was sacrificing? What kind of one-sided love is this? So she should leave her own future ambition because of him. Does he think the only mission of a woman in this world is to become a wife? Sick mentality.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by princewarri1985: 4:41am On Jan 17, 2022
Barakchi:

Good afternoon! You know, I have recently become very disappointed in the education system. I studied my way through college, but I never found a job, even though I studied well. College gives a lot of unnecessary and irrelevant knowledge that now can only show your level of erudition, but not useful. So I came across a great website for developing roadmaps online careery . Took the course and got to work. Guess what? I have already started making good money. College is not the key to success.
You are very right about that because they teach us unecessary things that we will never get to use in the real world, some of the greatest inventors today are college drop out, so we should stop fooling ourselves
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by torvickof1312(m): 6:56am On Jan 17, 2022
For her to think twice about this option, it mean she has a chicken brain.

Nonsense... Boi-friend rubbish

This even de vex me aswear.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Pimine: 7:52am On Jan 17, 2022
1Sharon:

Where did you read that he's about to get married to her?
The guy was a mere boyfriend not a suitor or husband.

If he was either, I would understand why he wouldn't her to go.

But a boyfriend saying that is just jealousy.

He just wanted to keep her stuck. He's not her husband or fiance to tell her to make such a call.
Aswearugaaad

I deduced all that from the few details we were given. And it would be pretty weird for ordinary boyfriend without any future plans for her to suggest that, no?

This is why in my earlier advice to her, I told her that if she's sure the nicca wants to marry her and he makes enough money to take care of her and the new family they're gonna make together, she should scrap that school idea.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Cubeman: 8:02am On Jan 17, 2022
If her boyfriend is smart and intelligent,why did he not get a scholarship?. Her boyfriend be damned. Her scholarship is first. She would meet a better man.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by princewarri1985: 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2022
Barakchi:

Good afternoon! You know, I have recently become very disappointed in the education system. I studied my way through college, but I never found a job, even though I studied well. College gives a lot of unnecessary and irrelevant knowledge that now can only show your level of erudition, but not useful. So I came across a great website for developing roadmaps online careery . Took the course and got to work. Guess what? I have already started making good money. College is not the key to success.
And did you took the course on developing road map online?
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by 1Sharon(f): 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2022
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

I deduced all that from the few details we were given. And it would be pretty weird for ordinary boyfriend without any future plans for her to suggest that, no?

This is why in my earlier advice to her, I told her that if she's sure the nicca wants to marry her and he makes enough money to take care of her and the new family they're gonna make together, she should scrap that school idea.

Exactly. Your fellow men can be weird sometimes, just deal with it. Don't make excuses for him.

If he was her fiance, she would have said fiance.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by michaelchukwueb(m): 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2022
Omo village people at work,y dis opportunity no dey com my Syd�
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Ybaby: 6:33pm On Jan 17, 2022
ablejesus26:

Young and very very stupid �
At 22! giving priority to boyfriend over her future?
Wat kinda generation is dis for goodnessake�
Are you are a parent?
Would you be happy if your child doesn't know how to set her priority right?
I have a boy heading to the teens world already, before he turned 9 I already imbibed the doctrine of always being deliberate with actions and choices in him.
The big question that sets the mind in the right direction is what I am doing is it right or is it wrong.
Train your kids to be very cautious and intentional about this question and you will discover that training them will not be too tidious.
God help this generation,so many abnormally becoming normalized �

The parent with the perfect child... grin grin grin grin

Ok!

She did not ask her parents this question becos the will behave exactly like you are behaving now and alienate the child.

I am just as angry with her.... she is 22
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by ablejesus26(m): 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2022
Ybaby:

The parent with the perfect child... grin grin grin grin

Ok!

She did not ask her parents this question becos the will behave exactly like you are behaving now and alienate the child.

I am just as angry with her.... she is 22

There are no such thing as perfect child or perfect human being,
But there are some things that you put to place that set the child to always been cautious of growing and developing to become a better person.
See enh dis days if you no hold your pikin well before they turn 14 just forget am e don finish be that,they will pick up whatever goes for them and most times with the negative influence the society plays into their life,they tend to pick up the wrong things.
And lastly find a way to make your kids see you as not just a parent but as a good friend.
My kids tells me everything.
When a small girl wrote a love letter to my boy,I was first to know before his mother bcus we are buddies.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Pimine: 7:05pm On Jan 17, 2022
1Sharon:

Exactly. Your fellow men can be weird sometimes, just deal with it. Don't make excuses for him.

If he was her fiance, she would have said fiance.

Aswearugaaad

Lol. I'm not making excuses, girlie. Just tryna help a sista.
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Ybaby: 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2022
ablejesus26:

There are no such thing as perfect child or perfect human being,
But there are some things that you put to place that set the child to always been cautious of growing and developing to become a better person.
See enh dis days if you no hold your pikin well before they turn 14 just forget am e don finish be that,they will pick up whatever goes for them and most times with the negative influence the society plays into their life,they tend to pick up the wrong things.
And lastly find a way to make your kids see you as not just a parent but as a good friend.
My kids tells me everything.
When a small girl wrote a love letter to my boy,I was first to know before his mother bcus we are buddies.

I command you to rest in Jesus's nighty name
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 18, 2022
This post is a scam! shocked
Re: 22-Year-Old Told To Choose Between Her Boyfriend And A Scholarship Abroad by adekanmbi1986(m): 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Decent Pre-wedding Shots Of An Ibo Brother / Lady Warns Ladies About Her Estranged Husband As She Calls Him Out / Why You Should Not Have Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.