Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,236 members, 7,815,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships (16490 Views)

My Relationships Don't Last / Why Do I Keep Meeting Girls From Troubled Families? / Why do I keep getting rejected by girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by peterincredible: 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
dauntless15:
On the contrary bro I'm not a boring person, I don't mean to brag but all the girls I've met have this subpar level of intelligence, they don't know alot, so they're not interested in the things I'm interested in, and those who act like they're interested don't really know what I'm talking about so they end up making a fool of themselves, I sometimes act like I'm interested in what they are interested in just to keep the conversation going but at the end it becomes a question and answer session where I ask the question and they answer with monotonous replies and they won't bother asking me back or contributing, besides what will you be discussing with a girl who only knows how to fix nails and makeup? Since I can't find someone as intelligent as I want I lowered my expectations, this is why it seems like I'm a boring person, trust me I'm not, although your first point is kinda true.
Bros I perfectly understand you I am like that too but what I noticed is that women honestly don't really know that much about things and many are not as intelligent as men for example I love technology,news,some gaming and generally internation business/politics but many women are not into all that so what I do is if I want to communicate with my babe after work I just ask her about what happened around her since the last time we met or what funny stuff she would love to tell me that happened in her working place honestly you will see her talking and displaying b4 you know it you will be laughing and every where will be lively honestly women love to talk and they love men who can listen just ask them about the gossip in her area or funny things her neighbour did you will be surprise

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Truvelisback(m): 8:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
dauntless15:
Well I was only trying to keep the conversation going, although I don't force things.
For u to keep a conversation going u got to be very creative in ur conversation. U have to bring in interesting topic or topics that would trigger her feelings to respond to u. Let's ur chat go beyound: Good morning. How are u? I am fine. Hello, Hi, stuff.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 7:25am On Feb 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
For u to keep a conversation going u got to be very creative in ur conversation. U have to bring in interesting topic or topics that would trigger her feelings to respond to u. Let's ur chat go beyound: Good morning. How are u? I am fine. Hello, Hi, stuff.
Ok bro, thanks.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 7:27am On Feb 08, 2022
peterincredible:
Bros I perfectly understand you I am like that too but what I noticed is that women honestly don't really know that much about things and many are not as intelligent as men for example I love technology,news,some gaming and generally internation business/politics but many women are not into all that so what I do is if I want to communicate with my babe after work I just ask her about what happened around her since the last time we met or what funny stuff she would love to tell me that happened in her working place honestly you will see her talking and displaying b4 you know it you will be laughing and every where will be lively honestly women love to talk and they love men who can listen just ask them about the gossip in her area or funny things her neighbour did you will be surprise
Nice, I would try it out, show interest in her day and all, hope they'd be a change.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Omniman(m): 11:20am On Feb 10, 2022
wink
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 10, 2022
Stay on your own now. Abi?
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by DSC7: 11:24am On Feb 10, 2022
Go and buy petrol and lighter.....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by caesarsconcept(m): 11:24am On Feb 10, 2022
Dating an average Nigerian girl is boring.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Darevofpeace(m): 11:27am On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
I'm not good at maintaining long term relationships, majority of my relationships never survived upto a year because I would be so excited at first and give you all the attention until I get bored and run out of things to do with you, then I stop communicating and at the end it'll feel like you're dating yourself and probably end the relationship yourself.

I have been trying to change the norms but it's not working, I recently got into a new relationship and it's happening again, I really like this one but I don't think this would be enough on the long run, so those who have been in long term relationships, how did you keep the spark alive?
The boredom is normal because of the over familiarity,see finish (weaknesses and strength).
I do tell my woman,what are your childhood goals as a single before we met, along with mine,we then start to pick from it monthly, yearly and it continues in the marriage.
Love is never enough in any relationship/marriage.Both of you must be a goal getter and lifting each other's up to become a better person daily, otherwise you only joined the cliques of humans bearing Mr &Mrs with nothing tangible to achieve.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:27am On Feb 10, 2022
Op it's not your fault. Many women in Africa are boring. Nigeria, Ghana it's the same boring women everywhere. I used to think all women were boring till I went to Europe. You can try to manage them as they are boring but if you can't there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Divoc19(f): 11:30am On Feb 10, 2022
Being in a relationship is a choice not a feeling. So. There's no spark anywhere

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by MrUchenna1(m): 11:32am On Feb 10, 2022
WATCH Telemundo THREE TIMES DAILY FOR THREE MONTH.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Publicizing: 11:33am On Feb 10, 2022
Buy spark7
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Cloud007: 11:34am On Feb 10, 2022
It takes God and two people to make a relationship work....
Dated wifey for more than 4 years. Marriage going to a decade. And we are still bubbling up great. God often made new things springs up often in our lives... that's the fuel... that is it!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Westernequinox: 11:34am On Feb 10, 2022
Stop engaging in premarital sex and your relationship would blossom

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Blue86(m): 11:35am On Feb 10, 2022
People just delve into relationship for body urges sake.
No.
It shouldn't be.

You get the one who you know will build with you your empire.
Which means you must have a vision, and a mission.

When you get that one.
Sparks won't determine the way.
Because you are standing on what is not sparks mate.

No to sex before marriage.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by GIANTPLUSHUB: 11:35am On Feb 10, 2022
Look for original spark grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Olam09(m): 11:36am On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
I'm not good at maintaining long term relationships, majority of my relationships never survived upto a year because I would be so excited at first and give you all the attention until I get bored and run out of things to do with you, then I stop communicating and at the end it'll feel like you're dating yourself and probably end the relationship yourself.

I have been trying to change the norms but it's not working, I recently got into a new relationship and it's happening again, I really like this one but I don't think this would be enough on the long run, so those who have been in long term relationships, how did you keep the spark alive?

Go on a date regularly. Then discuss about alot of things.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by 30naira: 11:36am On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:

Dated for 5 years, married for 2months now.
The secret is to evolve together. Is there something you both like? If there is, then do it together. Go to the club together, drink and dance together. Take a trip to a place non of you have been to before, lodge together and just explore.
Share you challenges and solve them together. It will reach a point were you won't need much effort anymore.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by GboyegaD(m): 11:37am On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
How do you even get married to someone you don't have feelings for? And I thought it's my fault my relationships don't last.

Perhaps, you go into relationships for all the wrong reasons. Learn to connect and date for real reasons and know (not sex wise) the person you are dating.

If I may ask, what connects you to a lady?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by mrdipye(m): 11:38am On Feb 10, 2022
We plenty for this table

But my opinion to you is get someone you know that truly and really loves you, let the person do the loving and your part is trying to keep things(the relationship) together.

By so doing, make sure you ain't your own enemy to yourself by trying to cheat or double date on your woman, if try this you would realize that you're an interesting person in a relationship. I'm presently in a relationship with a girl that loves me, she's keeping the spark in the relationship, she surprises me alot both with gift and cash (and even Za oza room) and honestly I'm surprised how we've done 9 good months together. I reciprocate the kind gesture to her too but tbh she does is alot than me and we're cool like that.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Sheyi15: 11:40am On Feb 10, 2022
What is the motive of the relationship?
Go and define it first
dauntless15:

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Deicide: 11:41am On Feb 10, 2022
That is because for a relationship to work it requires two people. I bet you are the only one carrying the relationship with no input from the female.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by GboyegaD(m): 11:42am On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
On the contrary bro I'm not a boring person, I don't mean to brag but all the girls I've met have this subpar level of intelligence, they don't know alot, so they're not interested in the things I'm interested in, and those who act like they're interested don't really know what I'm talking about so they end up making a fool of themselves, I sometimes act like I'm interested in what they are interested in just to keep the conversation going but at the end it becomes a question and answer session where I ask the question and they answer with monotonous replies and they won't bother asking me back or contributing, besides what will you be discussing with a girl who only knows how to fix nails and makeup? Since I can't find someone as intelligent as I want I lowered my expectations, this is why it seems like I'm a boring person, trust me I'm not, although your first point is kinda true.

You are what you attract, no offense meant.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 11:45am On Feb 10, 2022
GboyegaD:

Perhaps, you go into relationships for all the wrong reasons. Learn to connect and date for real reasons and know (not sex wise) the person you are dating.

If I may ask, what connects you to a lady?
If I decide to consider that I'll never find anyone to date because my expectations are high, so far I haven't met my ideal lady.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Ladycewhy(f): 11:45am On Feb 10, 2022
From what I can read here,seems alot of people need therapy,hence they need a fixer,such a burden to carry in a relationship. Because apparently, no matter how interesting a woman is, it is inevitable that these damaged souls will loose interest some day and leave you hanging undecided.

Some are even chronic coward ghosters. undecided.

It's common sense that if you get interested quickly and loose interest quickly that you slow down the momentum and take it slow. undecided
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by brain54(m): 11:46am On Feb 10, 2022
Truvelisback:
U consciously or unconsciously made it answer and question. I once chatted a Deeper life girl on fb. We chatted from like 10 pm to 2 am. The chat became intense that we started chatting naught. I know u will be surprised that a Deeper life girl would go on a chat with me to point of chatting naughty. I initiated the chat. I was fully in control. If a SIMP had chatted with her, she wouldn't have gone naughty with the guy. Note: This lady had just broke up with her guy. According to her, the guy wanted to have sex with her, against her will. That was what led to their break up. If only the guy knew how women's are like, he would have gotten the sex freely. While she was chatting with me, she was even crying.
Truvel pls dont make me laugh....

Hahaha.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by megatran(m): 11:52am On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
We share some commoness and you must be an ambivert. Are you based in Lagos?
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by cybriz82(m): 11:54am On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:

I can relate bro..na when she dey with me I dey love her like no tomoro.but d moment he travel out of my sight.i dn forget her b that.if she come back we Continuel where we stop n if she liv again I go forget her again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guys:tips On How To Make Your Lips Pink!!? / 9 Things That Can Break A Condom During Sex [MUST READ] / When A Girl Loves You She Will Do This Things No Matter How She Pretend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.