Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships (16489 Views)

My Relationships Don't Last / Why Do I Keep Meeting Girls From Troubled Families? / Why do I keep getting rejected by girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
qtguru:

Lagos ?
Abj
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Olumaeme: 1:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
Relationships are like that.

You cant have the same tempo 24/7 as you'll get tired at a point.

However, it depends largely on the kind of partner you have. If they are fun loving, can blend easily and also looking for ways o make the relationship better, then you wont have too much of issues.

To keep the spark alive, try and learn new things to do with your partner. Go for walks, visit parks, zoos, cinemas etc.

Also learn something together, exercise together etc.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by jclassiq(m): 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
How do you expect to maintain a relationship that the only common ground between you both is the sexual intercourse? Nothing else. No intimacy. No communication. No goals. No plans for the future.

My brother sex is your problem. You just want to be having regular sex hence You pick any available person. When you are ready to marry you will find someone who shares same interests as you.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by alizma: 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
I'm not good at maintaining long term relationships, majority of my relationships never survived upto a year because I would be so excited at first and give you all the attention until I get bored and run out of things to do with you, then I stop communicating and at the end it'll feel like you're dating yourself and probably end the relationship yourself.

I have been trying to change the norms but it's not working, I recently got into a new relationship and it's happening again, I really like this one but I don't think this would be enough on the long run, so those who have been in long term relationships, how did you keep the spark alive?
Well, most of my relationships lasted up to 3years and I be had at least 3 of such before now. These are few things I will advise you do.
1) you can like a girl for being beautiful but never settle for relationship on the basis that a girl is beautiful.
2) apply spread and break technique at the initial stage of the relationship. That is, at interval, you kind of act cold towards the success of the relationship and see how the other person react, this helps you to be sure that you both need each other or otherwise. If one party is fighting for the survival of a relationship, he or she will be fed up after some good experience have been shared.
3) be a little selfish in your love for someone, I mean, don't buy that saying " I just love him or her, I can't explain why I love him/her) that is one of the biggest lie. How many of the big boys and girls do you see that pick their partner from under bridge, those people don't deserve unconditional love right? So be slightly conscious of what appeals to you in the opposite sex. And make sure they are concrete eg, character, short or tall person, procession etc.
4) never date a girl you don't see as your possible life partner should anything happens, eg unexpected pregnancy, winning a lotery etc

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Smithwilliams826: 3:23pm On Feb 10, 2022
bigcee:
You're a very selfish and fake person. You don't put in any effort to spice up the relationship that's why you easily get bored. People like you use people alot until you get bored and discard or withdraw from the person.

That's why I don't get carried away or lose guard when in a relationship or friendship with anyone.
What's this one saying by
He ask for advice/help/assistance/..... You are giving him insult.
If you don't know what to say shut up,
If you don't understand reread.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by bigcee(m): 3:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
Smithwilliams826:

What's this one saying by
He ask for advice/help/assistance/..... You are giving him insult.
If you don't know what to say shut up,
If you don't understand reread.
Why did you mention me? Seriously, you don't need to mention me. Please don't mention me again.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
bigcee:

Why did you mention me? Seriously, you don't need to mention me. Please don't mention me again.
He mentioned you for some reason you mentioned me, karma is a b!tch grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by SheCeo(f): 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
I'm not good at maintaining long term relationships, majority of my relationships never survived upto a year because I would be so excited at first and give you all the attention until I get bored and run out of things to do with you, then I stop communicating and at the end it'll feel like you're dating yourself and probably end the relationship yourself.

I have been trying to change the norms but it's not working, I recently got into a new relationship and it's happening again, I really like this one but I don't think this would be enough on the long run, so those who have been in long term relationships, how did you keep the spark alive?

Wawu
And what happens when you're done with the things that supposed to keep the spark alive because e go still tire you we are humans we don't have that strength 24/7.
It all depends on YOU
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by bigcee(m): 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
He mentioned you for some reason you mentioned me, karma is a b!tch grin
Lol grin. All of una dey craze grin
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Paramount01(m): 4:02pm On Feb 10, 2022
peterincredible:
Bros I perfectly understand you I am like that too but what I noticed is that women honestly don't really know that much about things and many are not as intelligent as men for example I love technology,news,some gaming and generally internation business/politics but many women are not into all that so what I do is if I want to communicate with my babe after work I just ask her about what happened around her since the last time we met or what funny stuff she would love to tell me that happened in her working place honestly you will see her talking and displaying b4 you know it you will be laughing and every where will be lively honestly women love to talk and they love men who can listen just ask them about the gossip in her area or funny things her neighbour did you will be surprise

That is the best,my girl has a room mate anytime the conversation is boring I just ship in that girl discussion she talk ontil she tire,I will just be saying really,haha, for real.
I just told her she should try to develop herself on what I like,I am a great thinker, I read books akwys want to share wat I read with people and she is the person close to me

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Rogerss(m): 4:02pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:

The time would pass. I used to be that way. Would ask a girl out 2 weeks relationship done finish.
I must say that is normal and you should not bother too much.
You have not gotten enough heart breaks yet, so have not decided what you actually need from women.
I grew up to understand what i want from a relationship and found a lady that would give me that.
Am married now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by debbydams(f): 4:06pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
I don't believe anything spiritual undecided
your signature no be here oo grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
Rogerss:

The time would pass. I used to be that way. Would ask a girl out 2 weeks relationship done finish.
I must say that is normal and you should not bother too much.
You have not gotten enough heart breaks yet, so have not decided what you actually need from women.
I grew up to understand what i want from a relationship and found a lady that would give me that.
Am married now.

On the contrary, I actually know what I want in a woman, not finding what I want is the reason why I settle for less because I was made to understand that my expectations are too high, and I have had enough heartbreaks too, and it's mostly from cheating partners that cheated on me with reckless abandon, so I consider letting them down easy a lesser evil than cheating.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 4:12pm On Feb 10, 2022
debbydams:
your signature no be here oo grin grin
Lol don't worry, I'm the opposite of what it says.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Aaar: 4:58pm On Feb 10, 2022
Good sexxx offcourse
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by merits(m): 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:

ask goggle.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by hansomb: 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
Stop tooo much masturbation. It helps trust me.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by mediainc: 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
It's normal, we are polygamous in nature. All those married men are hypocrites, they love to bleep outside, that is how they spice it. Bleep outside and go back home to wifey...just don't get caught.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by pazzini: 8:40pm On Feb 10, 2022
sukkot:
you are not as intelligent as you think you are. intelligence also involves being able to compartmentalize people and to meet them where they are. meaning you can get down or rise up to any intelligence level and vibe on that intelligence level. how do you think these billionaires are able to maintain over 10 year relationships with their wives ? you think their wives have anything intelligent to say ? but you have to meet them at their level and learn to enjoy that lower level of intelligence too. THATS CALLED COMPREHENSIVE INTELLIGENCE IS THE ABILITY TO ADAPT TO ANYONES LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE
Adaptive Intelligence you mean
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by agbonkamen(f): 12:05am On Feb 11, 2022
nams77:

It doesn't call for deliverance.
Most people think love will just carry you through. No! Relationship calls for conscious effort at keeping it alive. You need to be making conscious effort and think of what to do everyday to spice up the relationship.

Cold fact is that love decreases as relationships age. Those old couples you see have stopped feeling butterflies and knots in their stomachs. Those feelings died along time ago. What they have now is a solid feeling of companionship and togetherness.
They have grown to become fond of each other.
Op, I'm like you too but you just have to keep trying to make a conscious effort to keep spicing up your partner's life if truly she is a good gal
@smartplug.
Learn to manage the situation. Almost everyman feels angry and worthless when broke. When I was in school, my girlfriend then tends to avoid me and sometimes even give me all her money except her transport fare just to pacify me.

Now the question is, what if you get married. Will you tell your wife to avoid you too? Or your kids?

Learn to manage the feeling
you are very correct! There are days you don't even feel love, you just want to be left alone. Truly We must learn how to manage the feeling.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by gamyy(m): 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2022
I think relationship issues will always arise if there's a compatibility issue.
There is someone for everyone, I'm sure, it may just take sometime to find that person.
Be with someone who thinks like you, have same values and if possible same goals

The Bible says can two walk together unless they agree?
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Babybunny(f): 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2022
You are so full of yourself geez embarassed I pray never to meet your kind
dauntless15:
This particular one likes me way more than I like her, even though she's not making compromises to be with me, but I just can't explain why I got so bored of her despite all of this, sometimes I feel I am way beyond her league, like she's not suitable for someone like me, I'm not an egomaniac or anything, I just thought I could make her the perfect girlfriend but it's not working.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Babybunny(f): 9:27pm On Feb 11, 2022
Stop sugarcoating things to the OP. Truth is he is not even intelligent. Just proud and boring.
SmartPlug:

Then the problem is you and not her.
You're not mentally ready for a relationship or you haven't meet someone of your intellect and vibes

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 11:44pm On Feb 11, 2022
Babybunny:
You are so full of yourself geez embarassed I pray never to meet your kind
Before nko? I should be full of you? Abeg shift, I don't look forward to meeting any bird brained b!tch either?
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 11:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
Babybunny:
Stop sugarcoating things to the OP. Truth is he is not even intelligent. Just proud and boring.
And you reek of low IQ, fish brained attention seeker, what's paining you?
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by FrankArc2022(m): 2:57am On Feb 12, 2022
That one no concern me ... I want to meet a Naughty girl that is cute for just deep sucking of her punna from Anambra State... Or South East.. contact me on : 07033805357...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guys:tips On How To Make Your Lips Pink!!? / American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online / 9 Things That Can Break A Condom During Sex [MUST READ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.