Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships (16486 Views)

My Relationships Don't Last / Why Do I Keep Meeting Girls From Troubled Families? / Why do I keep getting rejected by girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by uchihaa: 12:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
one year without sex? don't come and cry to us tomorrow that you married and she has low sex urge. or she cheated and you didn't know. hopefully you accept the consequences of this decision of yours. i don't know you but it usually doesn't end well bro

SmartPlug:

I have been in a relationship a year and six month now
Never had sex with her but sometimes we cuddle when she visit me

To be frank sometimes I get a bored and tired of the relationship atimes and feel like I should explore else where
Each time I develop this feeling I always try to think about the Good side of her ignoring her flaws.

I use to share her some articles(nairaland and other platform) that could make our relationship stronger and recommend some movies too
Sometimes I send her some nice dress pic,nice hair pic that could fit her and tell her to always try to look classic for me.

I discovered that I get really pissed off with her and everybody around me mostly when I'm broke so I always let her know when I'm broke so she knows when to avoid unnecessary play or some sort of stupid conversation which I won't found interesting at that moment.

Honestly she doesn't like me in that kinda situation and she wouldn't like to avoid me so sometimes she help me out of the situation.

Have it on your mindset that she would be your future wife and not just your gf
Have a Good and reasonable Communicate with her often(Plan for her future)
Give her some ideas tell her to work on it
Ask her for result
Share with her some opportunities.
Share with her stories about relationships and ask for her view
Trust me you're building her and yourself to be a Good Partner

Let her know she should also be a lively Partner.
Above all Make God your 3rd Party
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 12:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
megatran:

Ahah.. I knew it. It seems lagos and Abuja is where the smart ones reside. To find smart hard brother. I am an introvert and I can bet you that it's a pain in the ass to get a sane conversation with a lady these days.

Please do explain something. I see you guys being in a relationship for two weeks, two months etc. I have not dated in donkey years because I always thought dating means road to marriage. It seems I have not been in Nigeria. How does this work. I rarely ask for relationships I literally fear it.
Well I was single for a while too, until I met this one and she was interesting from the start, so it seemed, she was into me, and we just clicked, so everything was natural, I didn't even experience any difficulty trying to woo her, but she became something else after we started dating, she became boring, tedious, and exhausting, anyways to answer your question, dating works if you meet someone who fits your expectations, its hard to find a perfect fit but at least she should fit most of your expectations, finding such person is a blessing, and the relationship would sail without difficulty, not all relationships lead to marriage, dunno why you believe it must lead to marriage, the whole point of dating is to discover if you two are compatible, then you can propose after concluding using your relationship as a determining factor, this is why I am encouraging you to date, try to figure yourself out, that way you'd be able to know the qualities you want in a woman, if you meet someone who ticks those boxes you can then propose marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by freedomchild: 12:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
Ladycewhy:
From what I can read here,seems alot of people need therapy,hence they need a fixer,such a burden to carry in a relationship. Because apparently, no matter how interesting a woman is, it is inevitable that these damaged souls will loose interest some day and leave you hanging undecided.

Some are even chronic coward ghosters. undecided.hahaha. Please be calming down.. Do not generalize

It's common sense that if you get interested quickly and loose interest quickly that you slow down the momentum and take it slow. undecided
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by qtguru(m): 12:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
I'm not good at maintaining long term relationships, majority of my relationships never survived upto a year because I would be so excited at first and give you all the attention until I get bored and run out of things to do with you, then I stop communicating and at the end it'll feel like you're dating yourself and probably end the relationship yourself.

I have been trying to change the norms but it's not working, I recently got into a new relationship and it's happening again, I really like this one but I don't think this would be enough on the long run, so those who have been in long term relationships, how did you keep the spark alive?

Spark hmmmm you know most guys settle with reasonable babes who they feel comfortable with, maybe you are looking for something more than what relationships are, what are you looking ultimately ? Companion, Romance, Sex
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Gentlechika(m): 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2022
Its a norm, usually amongst introverts. We sha plenty for d league

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by kingPhidel(m): 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2022
Fallacy
Lightway:

That's how all relationships are and is the reason why people cheat
identify what made you had interest towards the lady at first sighting, then build on it, sustain it , always affirm your affection, maintain sanity in romance and give attention when necessary. If you can remove intercourse from relationship you’d see what you saw before the sex. Sex before marriage kills relationship. Build the friendship first then sex much later better still, after marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 12:21pm On Feb 10, 2022
SmartPlug:

You're probably not compatible
A lady who really love you will try as much as possible to please you and respect your view especially when it's about how to make your relationship stronger

Some Ladies cherish relationship like an Egg
While some see their partner as a second citizen or Choice

My baby doesn't want to loose me so she try to please me most time and I also do thesame
Even though she wouldn't accept all my idea but most
The one she wouldn't do she would explain to me in a calm way why she is refusing with a Good reason
Note I'm not a Dictator to her but I always try to let her know or give ideas what could make our relationship stronger.
This particular one likes me way more than I like her, even though she's not making compromises to be with me, but I just can't explain why I got so bored of her despite all of this, sometimes I feel I am way beyond her league, like she's not suitable for someone like me, I'm not an egomaniac or anything, I just thought I could make her the perfect girlfriend but it's not working.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 12:22pm On Feb 10, 2022
sukkot:
become a hermit. live alone. no interactions
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 10, 2022
caesarsconcept:
Dating an average Nigerian girl is boring.
Oya go and date someone else from another country
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 10, 2022
MrUchenna1:
WATCH Telemundo THREE TIMES DAILY FOR THREE MONTH.
Add ZeeWorld
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by SmartPlug: 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
This particular one likes me way more than I like her, even though she's not making compromises to be with me, but I just can't explain why I got so bored of her despite all of this, sometimes I feel I am way beyond her league, like she's not suitable for someone like me, I'm not an egomaniac or anything, I just thought I could make her the perfect girlfriend but it's not working.
Then the problem is you and not her.
You're not mentally ready for a relationship or you haven't meet someone of your intellect and vibes

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2022
qtguru:

Spark hmmmm you know most guys settle with reasonable babes who they feel comfortable with, maybe you are looking for something more than what relationships are, what are you looking ultimately ? Companion, Romance, Sex

Tbh, someone who is a combination of beauty and brains, a companion who is fun to be with, not the generic girlfriend that will just be there and only offer sex, I tried to even get her to travel with me because I love traveling alot, but she's not adventurous, she shut the idea down before I can even say jack, she doesn't challenge me at all, intelligence and academically, she doesn't know alot, so when I raise any topic she won't contribute anything, the sex is good but sex is not my problem, at all.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2022
HenryDion:
It takes two to make a relationship work. If you're the one doing all the work without any input from the other, you'll surely get tired and bail.

Perhaps it's not your fault. Have you ever considered that? What is the other partner doing to keep the fire burning?

Someone said majority of his relationships never last up to a year and you still think he’s not at fault? He said he is difficult to please and gets tired easily and you still think it’s not his fault? LOL

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
SmartPlug:

Then the problem is you and not her.
You're not mentally ready for a relationship or you haven't meet someone of your intellect and vibes
This is true, I am the problem, and I have been trying my best, I don't think I'd be able to find exactly what I am looking for.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by tammie24: 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
Apology accepted, I do have hobbies, too many hobbies, I sometimes get so engrossed in work that I can't even afford to pick her calls, then she starts accusing me of neglecting her, and when I make time for her she doesn't like the things I like, and trying to make her like them she'd accuse me of trying to change her, so it feels more like a prison than a relationship, and I just wonder why I even wanted it in the first place.
I understand your frustration
why don't you try to like the things she likes rather than making her like the things you like
And if she's isn't a selfish person(of which I will never advise my enemy to stay with) she will open her mind to the things you like too
Sometimes we sacrifice for love
unless you don't love her that much and vice versa but
if that's the case don't waste your time and hers.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by SmartPlug: 12:30pm On Feb 10, 2022
uchihaa:
one year without sex? don't come and cry to us tomorrow that you married and she has low sex urge. or she cheated and you didn't know. hopefully you accept the consequences of this decision of yours. i don't know you but it usually doesn't end well bro

Lol
I particularly don't wanna have premarital sex with her and she doesn't want that either
Anything that happen afterwards is my cross to carry
Mind you I'm not the type that come up here to cry about anything personal

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
tammie24:
I understand your frustration
why don't you try to like the things she likes rather than making her like the things you like
And if she's isn't a selfish person(of which I will never advise my enemy to stay with) she will open her mind to the things you like too
Sometimes we sacrifice for love
unless you don't love her that much and vice versa but
if that's the case don't waste your time and hers.
I have decided to breakup with her, was supposed to do it last night but she started talking about val and all, I just couldn't bring myself to say anything because she was so excited.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by SmartPlug: 12:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
This is true, I am the problem, and I have been trying my best, I don't think I'd be able to find exactly what I am looking for.
Always be on the lookout and try to make friend(NYC) before initiating a relationship with anyone
Don't rush into any relationship
Sit,study and observe

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Munzy14(m): 12:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
I'm not good at maintaining long term relationships, majority of my relationships never survived upto a year because I would be so excited at first and give you all the attention until I get bored and run out of things to do with you, then I stop communicating and at the end it'll feel like you're dating yourself and probably end the relationship yourself.

I have been trying to change the norms but it's not working, I recently got into a new relationship and it's happening again, I really like this one but I don't think this would be enough on the long run, so those who have been in long term relationships, how did you keep the spark alive?
If you are the one doing the calling, check up, finance ans and all...you will get bored and lose interest..

So in anything relationship, it must take two to tango.

It is fun if you both put interest in it...And see to it.

Again, please date a reasonable lady who understands you and as well has something doing..

Finance matters in any relationship..A woman with a genuine income will always want to spoil her man ones in a while..

Just like a man is willing to spend on her at any giving time..If she is just at home, doing nothing...you will get bored with little time.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by CoolJul: 12:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
sukkot:
you are not as intelligent as you think you are. intelligence also involves being able to compartmentalize people and to meet them where they are. meaning you can get down or rise up to any intelligence level and vibe on that intelligence level. how do you think these billionaires are able to maintain over 10 year relationships with their wives ? you think their wives have anything intelligent to say ? but you have to meet them at their level and learn to enjoy that lower level of intelligence too. THATS CALLED COMPREHENSIVE INTELLIGENCE IS THE ABILITY TO ADAPT TO ANYONES LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE

Excellent! This is very sound.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by jaxxy(m): 12:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:

Don’t have sex in ur relationship. It will keep the spark sparking.

After see finish with a runs gal why won’t u get bored. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by wizygreat2000(m): 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
And here I am celebrating 5years marriage anniversary not that perfect but alist we are good managing each other

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by qtguru(m): 12:48pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
Tbh, someone who is a combination of beauty and brains, a companion who is fun to be with, not the generic girlfriend that will just be there and only offer sex, I tried to even get her to travel with me because I love traveling alot, but she's not adventurous, she shut the idea down before I can even say jack, she doesn't challenge me at all, intelligence and academically, she doesn't know alot, so when I raise any topic she won't contribute anything, the sex is good but sex is not my problem, at all.

Not saying she's a bad fit, that's her person but you have a valid point you got a preference, meaning you're the Sapiosexual type, Sex and must have brains. Plus that's an asset, someone has to write IETLS in the future just incase.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by tammie24: 12:50pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
I have decided to breakup with her, was supposed to do it last night but she started talking about val and all, I just couldn't bring myself to say anything because she was so excited.
that's too bad

Why don't you try to make it work
You can't continue to break up with everybody

Don't give up just yet

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by Paramount01(m): 12:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
SmellySperm:
Exactly what I've been facing overtime. I'll get excited at the beginning then fall off after few weeks. I can't keep relationships for long. I got games tho but it isn't just working.

I pray it isn't spiritual,when I see people celebrate 1 or 2yrs anniversary, I'm like wtf,I wish mine could last up to a year. We're in this shit together bruv!

Try to avoid sez at the early stage

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 12:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
qtguru:

Not saying she's a bad fit, that's her person but you have a valid point you got a preference, meaning you're the Sapiosexual type, Sex and must have brains. Plus that's an asset, someone has to write IETLS in the future just incase.

Yes sapiosexual, that's the word, and so far I haven't met any.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 12:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
jaxxy:

Don’t have sex in ur relationship. It will keep the spark sparking.

After see finish with a runs gal why won’t u get bored. undecided
I told you I started getting this feeling before the sex.
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 12:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
Munzy14:

If you are the one doing the calling, check up, finance ans and all...you will get bored and lose interest..

So in anything relationship, it must take two to tango.

It is fun if you both put interest in it...And see to it.

Again, please date a reasonable lady who understands you and as well has something doing..

Finance matters in any relationship..A woman with a genuine income will always want to spoil her man ones in a while..

Just like a man is willing to spend on her at any giving time..If she is just at home, doing nothing...you will get bored with little time.
Ya, you have a point here, although i sponsored the dates we've been on, since I met her she hasn't spent a nickel on me, but I didn't care because it's a relationship not a sponsorship program, I don't want a transactional relationship, she's not really getting me excited that's the problem.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by sonnyudoh(m): 12:56pm On Feb 10, 2022
It's best to form a WhatsApp group

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by dauntless15(m): 1:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
tammie24:
that's too bad

Why don't you try to make it work
You can't continue to break up with everybody

Don't give up just yet

Goodluck
Hmm, thanks, I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by qtguru(m): 1:02pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
Yes sapiosexual, that's the word, and so far I haven't met any.

Lagos ?
Re: How Do I Keep The Spark Alive In My Relationships by jaxxy(m): 1:04pm On Feb 10, 2022
dauntless15:
I told you I started getting this feeling before the sex.

Then either the gals or both of u don’t bring anything sound to the table. Probably just feelings, money and sex and drama. Why wouldn’t u get bored. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Possed Fully Unclad With Her Boyfriend At A Club (photos) / What You Find Really Annoying In Your Relationship? / Great Love Is Best Not Rushed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.