Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? (34806 Views)

Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi / Caption This Photo Of President Buhari And Vice President Osinbajo / 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by lexy2014: 7:30pm On Jan 20, 2022
Easylifelomo:
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for President by the grace of God

So how will he move Nigeria forward and improve living standard of Nigerians?
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by lexy2014: 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2022
Honor10:
Asiwaju jagaban!

If you are not voting for Jagaban in 2023, you have wasted your vote. grin grin

So how will he move Nigeria forward and improve living standard of Nigerians?
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by lexy2014: 7:32pm On Jan 20, 2022
Vixenn:
Osinbajo
I don't really care who his vice is

how will he move Nigeria forward and improve living standard of Nigerians?
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by obailala(m): 7:32pm On Jan 20, 2022
Toks2008:
For me I will go with Star Boy any day any time with Zulum as his running mate. Let's have two Proffesors handle our affairs for the very first time.

A clarion Call beckons to Professor Yemi Osinbajo and posterity will judge him if he refuses to come out to declare his interest.

Anyways this is my personal choice... What about you? Who would you prefer to be Nigeria's next president?

The Prof remains my choice till another worthy candidate emerges. I think with the way the nation has been violently polarised along tribal, ethnic, regional and religious lines, Osinbajo's unique charismatic nature would come in very handy in calming fraying nerves across the nation.

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by lexy2014: 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2022
NothingDoMe:
Yup. How people want a vice-president to start a fight with the president is beyond me. He did well when he was acting president.

How did he do as vice president?
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by micflo28(m): 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2022
AFDB President Mr. Adesina
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by lexy2014: 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2022
BESTScientist1:
Osinbajo or A great Easterner...+Zulum....but for Religion and Ethnicity...I would have gone for FASHOLA and Zulum

What will all these names u mentioned do for nigeria?
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by lexy2014: 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2022
Lance7621:
See! Tinubu is wasting his time and I am speaking as full blooded omoluabi.

Osibanjo & ZULUM ticket all the way.

By the way, has Tinubu selected his VP?

What will osinbajo and zulum do for nigeria?
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by lexy2014: 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2022
Dproperties:
Osinbajo and Zulum

What will they do for nigeria?
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by Toks2008(m): 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2022
perambulator:
Osinbajo and Zulum cannot run Nigeria. Gentlemen cannot run Nigeria. Every government in Nigeria since independence that has been run by a "gentleman" ultimately gets hijacked by a cabal and ends up a failure or overthrown....FACT! Tafa - Gowon -Shagari -Shonekan-GEJ.

If you have a gentleman as a president then you need a "loyal political juggernaut and strongman " as vice president to "have your back" otherwise you will spend your administration battling internal elements and putting out fires.

Every Gentleman president/head of state has attained that office of the back of a power block, therefore the power has never belonged to them and that is why they either fail or are removed. Tafa was nominated by Sardauna, Shagari was a creation of the Kaduna mafia that ended up running his govt. Gowon was "put there" by the Northern Military....... Shonekan and GEJ you all know.

An Osinbajo/zulum presidency will be run by a cabal just like GEJ/Sambo

If Osinbajo contests after Tinubu has declared he will already have made internal enemies for himself. So even if he wins there will be people within his party out to destroy him. Osinbajo has no political base, so the Tinubu loyalistswill grudgingly help him win but they will be out for blood!!!

Tinubu's declaration means Osinbajo is bleeped..either he doesnt contest, he contests and loses the ticket or he contests, wins and becomes a sitting target!!

I understand you perfectly but then how do we move ahead as a nation when we have resolved to handing the affairs of our country to *RUGGED PEOPLE* AS you just illustrated.

In saner climes people like Tinubu and Atiku can not even stand the chance but here we are supporting them to be the CEO of Nigeria.

We really need to change our mindset
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by lexy2014: 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2022
BENCHOKCONSULT:
Tambuwal - President
Wike - Vice President

What will they do for nigeria
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by Help2020: 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2022
Businessman1986:
Tinubu -[s] Experienced enough to deal with entrenched antagonists of a better Nigeria. Will appoint technocrats, though still an imperfect candidate[/s].

Zulum - A strong, progressive Northerner.
Osibanjo/ Zulu we knw
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by obailala(m): 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2022
Illuminatiship:
Osinbanjo is a weakling he can't rule his government will be like that of 10 lions ruling a goat..
There's no such thing as a weakling when a person attains absolute powers; a lot of people just don't understand the powers wielded by a Nigerian president.

Even heard someone say Osinbajo if president would be 'controlled' by Tinubu; I couldn't help but laugh at the ignorance in that statement. Tinubu might be Osinbajo's godfather today, but the day Osinbajo is sworn in as C-in-C, that's the day Osinbajo automatically becomes Tinubu's godfather.

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by bluefilm: 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2022
My choice candidates for the top job is:

President: Peter Obi

Vice President: Agent Fashola
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by lexy2014: 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2022
Toks2008:

I understand you perfectly but then how do we move ahead as a nation when we have resolved to handing the affairs of our country to *RUGGED PEOPLE* AS you just illustrated.

In saner climes people like Tinubu and Atiku can not even stand the chance but here we are supporting them to be the CEO of Nigeria.

How is osinbajo u are supporting better than Tinubu and atiku who u say don't stand a chance in saber climes? Will osinbajo stand a chance in saber climes?
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by lexy2014: 7:39pm On Jan 20, 2022
Businessman1986:
Tinubu - Experienced enough to deal with entrenched antagonists of a better Nigeria. Will appoint technocrats, though still an imperfect candidate.

How will these names u mentioned make Nigeria better?
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by WillyDave: 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2022
Businessman1986:
Tinubu - Experienced enough to deal with entrenched antagonists of a better Nigeria. Will appoint technocrats, though still an imperfect candidate.

Muslim Muslim ticket not saleable.

2 Likes

Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by tnerro1(m): 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2022
Peter Obi -President
Bukola saraki- Vice President
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by Houserentprob(m): 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2022
Osinbanjo for president
Umahi for vp
Zulum for senate president
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by zionzoe(m): 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2022
LordVarys1:
Muslim Muslim ticket will not work, so you people should just stop calling 2 Muslims
Don't mind the religious bigots.

They think we are still asleep like before: when they went into mosques and screamed that people should not vote INFIDELS.

Real Infidel calling others infidels.
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2022
Toks2008:

The problem is we do not get involved in grasroots politics. Like a famous politician once said.....all politics is local!!! We, the so called educated ones are online making noise, We are all here talking about who we want and the people who decide the candidates that we will vote for are the area boys, NURTW etc. The area boys gravitate towards the rugged politicians, so the rugged politicians have political power and backing and cant be easily messed with. People are talking about Osinbajo, from which political base will he get delegates that will vote for him at the convention? He has none!!! because his supporters are online, speaking english. They have no party card, even if they do they are not delegates and are just waiting to vote at the elections!!!

We always make noise when the time for presidency comes but by that time it is too late. The recently concluded party registration exercise is what determines who controls the party machinery in each state. It is these delegates and who controls them that will determine who will become house member, senator etc and who will control the delegates at the convention for presidential primaries.

All these noise we are making on nairaland is all pointless, who becomes president is no longer in our hands (at least as regards who will become the party candidate) because the people who control the process that produces the delegates and therefore the candidates have already finished their work.

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by jerrymej(m): 7:47pm On Jan 20, 2022
Me for president
My babe for vice president.

Finish.
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 20, 2022
Anyone that would do my will .....
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by Mccullum: 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
Toks2008:

You are so very wrong..he has distinguished himself in many ways. Unfortunately he can't do beyond his constituted jurisdiction.

But I believe he has a better chance than any other candidate.

As a Pastor, 80% of Christians will support and vote for him

As a Professor, 80% of academic and students will support and vote for him

As a Lawyer, 80% of lawyers will support and vote for him

As a loyal and dedicated Vice President to President Muhammadu Buhari, 80% of Buhari followers will support and vote for him

As an in-law to Obafemi Awolowo family, 80% of Yorubas will support and vote for him

As a Leader who initiated the various Social Investment Programmes of Buhari administration, 80% of the ordinary people of Nigeria will support and vote for him.

The South east and South South love him.

So, when they ask you what structures does Yemi Osinbajo have, tell them he has religious, academia, professional, political(Buhari), ethnic and people structures.

Pastor(Prof) Yemi Osinbajo SAN, is the incoming President of Nigeria by the grace of God.

Copied and modified

I now noticed one of Osinbajo's agent on Nairaland, wonderful.

Osinbajo's political sagacity can't confront his major challengers except if Buhari back him morally and financially.
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by nonxo007(m): 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
Toks2008:

You are so very wrong..he has distinguished himself in many ways. Unfortunately he can't do beyond his constituted jurisdiction.

But I believe he has a better chance than any other candidate.

As a Pastor, 80% of Christians will support and vote for him

As a Professor, 80% of academic and students will support and vote for him

As a Lawyer, 80% of lawyers will support and vote for him

As a loyal and dedicated Vice President to President Muhammadu Buhari, 80% of Buhari followers will support and vote for him

As an in-law to Obafemi Awolowo family, 80% of Yorubas will support and vote for him

As a Leader who initiated the various Social Investment Programmes of Buhari administration, 80% of the ordinary people of Nigeria will support and vote for him.

The South east and South South love him.

So, when they ask you what structures does Yemi Osinbajo have, tell them he has religious, academia, professional, political(Buhari), ethnic and people structures.

Pastor(Prof) Yemi Osinbajo SAN, is the incoming President of Nigeria by the grace of God.

Copied and modified
How do I buy you one cold bottle, you deserve it.
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
[s] Let's not have at all, none of them heh head, call colonial masters again[/s]

Quite tough, I don't know if it's from frypan fire to magma.
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
adeolaben:

Akinwumi, okonjo iweala, zulum, Osinbajo are all good candidates...
That's your own choice and mine is up their too...
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by Anagkazor: 7:52pm On Jan 20, 2022
Been milking from XLM Swap using Cryptum on a daily making an average 10k daily. ���.
You want to know how?
Send a DM.
�Please note it's not free
Financial freedom is here.
WhatsApp 0_7_0_3_4_7_3_2_5_5_2
������������
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by Lance7621: 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2022
lexy2014:

What will osinbajo and zulum do for nigeria?

What will TINUBU do?
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by OneTwoOne(m): 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2022
OneTwoOne President
Mynd44 vice President
We have things in common

That's if Tinubu refused to contest
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by rickyrex(m): 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2022
Osinbajo will not contest against Buhari.... Mark my words. The presence of osinbajo in also rock is to act as a foreeye for tinubu and also assist him push for his presidency. But one thing tinubu don't know is that northern has preference on osinbajo than tinubu. Osinbajo has used his office as the VP to tour round north especially in the rural areas. But tinubu own is to pay visit to the rich men in the north forgetting that the north are beginning to be exposed in politics unlike before. Else why haven't the so called bandit and herdsmen obeyed their leaders who have been calling to an end in the killings
Re: Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 20, 2022
Mccullum:

Osinbajo's political sagacity can't confront his major challengers except if Buhari back him morally and financially.

bottom line!!! .....and even then it will eventually destroy him. if i were him i would thank God he made me vice president from nowhere for 8 years ..like fela sang "bye bye odi gbere" and go my merry way.!! Tinubu has checkmated him with his declaration!

I prefer Osinbajo and I think every reasonable person does (all that nonsense about Tinubu being the visionary behind modern lagos is BS...lagos is what it is because everybody is in Lagos and the ports are in Lagos..therefore lagos earns a lot of money)

but this is politics and he cant win against Tinubu and if he does by some miracle (i.e backed by a cabal against Tinubu) he will damage himself either in the process of contesting or as lame duck president without power...whoever puts osinbajo in office will eventually control his administration, if he tries to fight back he will either be impeached or serve only 1 term!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Edwin Clark Asks Jega To Resign / Abians Throw Pure Water, Stones At T.A Orji At The Burial Of Dr. Elechi Nwaogbo / El-Zakzaky: Foreign Doctors Arrive Nigeria To Examine Shiite Leader's Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.