Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice (39045 Views)

How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) / I Just Got My Money Back From The Criminal That Scammed Me / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by zoomzoomzoom: 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2022
Save 7 million in your savings account.
Use 1 million to setup fish farm, poultry, animal farm or block industry.
But return on investment of fish farm is higher than block industry.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by TheKingsmann(m): 12:28pm On Jan 24, 2022
Pls stay away frm any pyramid scheme of any sort and don't invest dat money in the bank, look for a good business that will bring monthly and yearly ROI for u
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by sixtus3606(m): 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
Bros, if you're in Lagos, please consider these:

1. Standard Canteen (Budget 1.5m)

2. Unisex saloon (Budget 3m)

3. Carwash (Budget 2m max)

4. Food stuff (Budget 2m for a start)

5. Phone Accessories with POS (Budget 2m)

Invest in any 3 from above. Nurture the biz for 3years max. I am very sure you'd make massive ROI.

BONUS: With 500k, you can setup 6 Akara and puff puff joint and make over a million Naira in 6months. I have witnessed this.

Na all the aforementioned dey bring money pass. No dull am.

After sometime, you can advance and go into production, importation and any other Busienss you feel comfortable investing in. But you see that above ehhnnn...e sure die!

Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

So straight to the point. Please I need your advice about two things.

1. I just got my inheritance and I got cash of 8M and there's this popular belief of people squandering their inheritance,I don't want that to be my portion so which business can I invest it into. For context, I currently have a job and I'm not ready to quit so please put that into consideration.

2. My younger brother is still a student so he has asked me to save his portion of 6M in bank until he graduates but I don't think that's a good idea. I would rather he put it in some form of secure investment that will be yielding something. Kindly give us suggestions.

May the soul of my beloved Father continue to rest in peace. Amen

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Druss(m): 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
Unibenfucker:

And what happens when the dollar crashes by this year ending

The naira is less stable than the dollar.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by weedfada(m): 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
CaptalnMitch:
I have sure 2odds you can be staking some of your inheritance on

cheesy what came to my mind after your comment was him, staking the whole inheritance on "2 sure odds", and the thing go cast... grin
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by vintageviniba: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
Petie33:
tunde scamers
everyone is not like you pls.. that's why people like you doesn't grow.. cos you dont even trust yourself.. have you even checked my profile, do you know when I've been on nl.. as anyone ever reported me as scam... if you dont know anything just keep your hands down..
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
adeprof18:
I don't have much to say about you and your 8mill, but my advice is you open a dollar account for your bro and save his 6mil there for him, when he is sure of any investment in future, he can do whatever he likes with the money
Remember dollars will not be above 500 forever you don’t know what policy next government will bring that will make naira to bounce back small. If you invest in dollar tomorrow tomorrow it will come down believe it or not it will be very hard for dollars to grow higher again .
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Chiderao1(m): 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

1. I just got my inheritance and I got cash of 8M and there's this popular belief of people squandering their inheritance,I don't want that to be my portion so which business can I invest it into. For context, I currently have a job and I'm not ready to quit so please put that into consideration.

2. My younger brother is still a student so he has asked me to save his portion of 6M in bank until he graduates but I don't think that's a good idea. I would rather he put it in some form of secure investment that will be yielding something. Kindly give us suggestions.

Oga don't invest your brothers money in any business... What if anything happens to such business instead put his money in a fixed deposit account yearly ,,
Then do whatever you like with your own money or fix your for 6months pending when you will make up your mind on. What to do..
Let he who has ear let him hear
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Unibenfucker(m): 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
Druss:

The naira is less stable than the dollar.

I know but with the coming on stream of the dangote refinery this 3rd quarter, the Naira should appreciate against the Dollars.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2022
adeprof18:

Anything could crash, crypto, naira or any investment. But saving in dollar will be better IMO
You buy dollars 500 today to save and it crash to 400 or 450 who is losing?

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Elliotwealth1(m): 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2022
Firstly create a business plan that you can market both virtual and digitally, we are in a digital world sir which you are aware of.
If you need a good and quality website for your business, Dm me for that. +2348061922444
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by GreatGod906: 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

in everything u do please avoid any online investment rubbish if truly u know u don't want to lose d money

At first they will tell u that u can make 1million in 1 month,after investing your money and nothing show the same person that told u that u can make 1 million in 1 month will start telling u life is a gradual process if u don't crawl u don't walk.

Later when u get frustrated and nothing show then he will tell u there's a sharp difference between marketing and d real business meaning u should kiss your money goodbye.

Majority of those online mentors rubbish are only interested in your registration n mentorship fee
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by eddynaira125: 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2022
Go for MTN shares
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by PROPHETmichael: 12:42pm On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Use it and move out of the country preferably UK and you will make that money back within a year i.e. if you connect with those who know road.

Hit me up
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by blackaxe78: 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

You want to save money in the bank in 2022?

Sigh….
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by 9jausedauto: 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
Go read and learn about passive crypto, it's more like fixed deposit but with a more higher interest rate and also it not affect by the volatility of the market(rising and falling) so you can keep the money there and making interest on it till you decide what you want to do but please whatever you want to do, find out about that business and do a detailed survey and don't put all your money into it, start small and allow the bizness to grow before invest more and also since you are working and don't want to resign starting a business is not a good idea because dere re no trustworthy people nowadays, you have to be on ground at least to run the business from the start then when is stable you can go about other things
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2022
PrinceGallant:
8 million. I advise you assist those with small businesses that needs just like 200k or 300k to be fine. Spend 10% of your money on them, and you will really be happy in yourself. Happiness is in helping others.

Then you can do whatever you see as the best for yourself

You're very stupid. If you don't have any logical advice to give shut your mouth

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Druss(m): 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2022
Unibenfucker:

I know but with the coming on stream of the dangote refinery this 3rd quarter, the Naira should appreciate against the Dollars.

Very unlikely. I would rather back the dollar.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2022
If you don't know what to invest in, convert the money to dollars and save it in a dorm account until you are very sure of what to invest in. Research, study, investigate all options until you find what you are very comfortable with - you will have an inner peace, inner "knowing" about it, then invest

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by AFONAMARO: 12:53pm On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

I'll suggest you invest your brother's funds (in his name) in AXA MANSARD, in a long term investment portfolio (3-5 years). They have great packages with good interest rate. You can also do same for yourself unitl you figure what you'd go into.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by ppogba: 12:54pm On Jan 24, 2022
Unibenfucker:

You seem to belong to the school of thought that the coming on stream of the Dangote refinery will solve all of Nigerii's problem including that of getting a good coach for the Super Eagle.

Please believe less on what Emefiele says.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Shaddymie(f): 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2022
The best is to purchase a landed property for his younger brother, at a very secure place, it will appreciate but the time he'll need it.
deltateam:

Shares is outdated. They are worth peanuts. Their era is past.

Although I support you saying he shouldn't be in a hurry

I suggest putting his brother's portion in fixed deposit.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Allisgud: 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2022
Go into real estate,look for 1m land 6m go finish rooms nd parlour self contain for 6 tenant,every year u collect 150 times tenant isn't that investment for life
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Johel(m): 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
Who told you village people don't catch people in overseas?

Never,how their arrow wan take reach?,Na only if the person abroad use im hand do himself...bro travel out,u deserve better,Naija got nothing to offer than to take from the little you have...with 6m Or 8million u can secure a course abroad,or secure a job etc...I repeat JAAKPA!!
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by lekanation(m): 12:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
Where is your location To know if tipper business is lucrative there. Buy a used 10tyres or 12tyres tipper preferably mack, man diesel or mercedes. It's a business that can fetch you upto 3million/2million in a month but you have to know little about the business and you can't spend anyhow because if it has engine, gear or axle issue. You will spend greatly.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Blake755: 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2022
Do property investment by buying house and you can rent people in it
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by petitejolie(f): 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

buy landed property it will appreciate in 3 or more years. Then fix deposit the remaining or save them in dollar or euro.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by indigenous234(f): 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
[quote author=Boogiebee post=109620149]Hello Nairalanders,

2. My younger brother is still a student so he has asked me to save his portion of 6M in bank until he graduates but I don't think that's a good idea.

Don't buy shares with your brothers money. The best investment idea for your brothers money is to buy a high yield government bond.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by GetMeRight: 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Whatever you do, stay away from online investments like crypto, forex, digital agriculture or networking.
And don't part with your money, don't give your money and that of your brother to anyone to manage on your behalf.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by ArticleBeast: 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
Gold179:
Buy plot of land, build a house and rent it out this is an investment that will always appreciate year in year out.
With 8 million. It will take him almost 20 yrs to recoup his capital
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by CyberWolf: 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
OP go and buy landed property and lock up, landed property never depreciates ever.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by adeprof18(m): 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
kunkelhanspeter:

You buy dollars 500 today to save and it crash to 400 or 450 who is losing?
So what do you suggest he do

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Starting A Cassava Farm / When Did You Make Your First Million Naira ? / What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.