Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,255 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice (39056 Views)

How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) / I Just Got My Money Back From The Criminal That Scammed Me / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by WHITELIGHTER: 11:28am On Jan 24, 2022
setobaba:

I will be fast and sharp with my comments.
First don’t ever consider reaching out to anyone here on this forum, anyone willing to advice you should be limited to comments and mails. Don’t be surprise one fool is somewhere drawing your plan now, pls be guided.

Five months ago, I was in your shoe, had about 7.5m in my account, waited for like 1month bro believe me honestly it was all squandered but not totally tho.

My advice
Don’t start a building plan yet, 8m won’t complete a standard 3bedeoom, don’t be deceived, I’ve been struggling to complete a 3bed room project even after spending over 10m in total, not in. Lagos but In south west region tho, it will still require additional 5m to be completed, now I had to abandon it to save my life imagine !

Don’t do any bussine you can’t handle yourself, I invested over 800k on a barbing shop, it was all a waste, cos workers are too bitter to work for a younger fellow, believe me or not people will frustrate you.

I ventured into transport, bought a mazda tokunbo car at 1.2m for transport, car no reach 6months before drivers begin Dey frustrate me, car resold for 600k.

Purchase a plot of land for 400k, in a year it yet to appreciate to get a buyer for 600k.

Purchased crypto recently with over 400k now it worth 230k…..lol

Did dog business, the cost of feeding rosed suddenly and made me quite after two years into it.

My advice for you, either you invest in yourself or start planning to Jet out of this doomed country, that was my only mistake, I never plan to make it out, I was trying to make it here in the country, never knew what this government touches is doomed for failure.

Those telling you to buy dollar at Nigerian bank and keep, won’t be there when government will come up with their useless policies and make you lose it all.

Invest in yourself or run out of this country, is better to be broke away than here, I can show you my account balance now is less than 17k in naira, over 8m wasted while trying to develop a property it can’t complete.

To have a solid business in Nigeria now requires a solid capital btw 25m upward, or else you will still end up been a slave one way or the other.

Btw land and crypto is the only valid comments here but don’t spend more than %30 of the funds on it.
Pls don’t do anything with your brother fund, adhere strictly to the directives he gives you, you can only advice him afterwards, earn your respect with that.

Right now any money that comes my way, na to Japa I swear, I was doing better even when I was in my 20s before this current regime took over.

Warning! Warning !! Warning !!!
Don’t contact anyone here, no help here but many good advices is sure here.

OP, read this three times daily this week...
God bless your Dad...

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by chypotenti(m): 11:28am On Jan 24, 2022
Fix your brothers 6m with the Bank
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by freshvine(f): 11:29am On Jan 24, 2022
Please while thinking of business to invest in, kindly get a dollar account for it because by June Buhari will reduce the value of that money by 50% through naira depreciation against dollar.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by elampiro(m): 11:30am On Jan 24, 2022
alphabbey1:
which school is that, and what's the certificate currently doing for you.... ?

I am living abroad. That alone is enough. I am working and making money.

Moreover, schools in Germany are mostly free and you only neep to deposit block money.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by obowunmi(m): 11:31am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

So straight to the point. Please I need your advice about two things.

1. I just got my inheritance and I got cash of 8M and there's this popular belief of people squandering their inheritance,I don't want that to be my portion so which business can I invest it into. For context, I currently have a job and I'm not ready to quit so please put that into consideration.

2. My younger brother is still a student so he has asked me to save his portion of 6M in bank until he graduates but I don't think that's a good idea. I would rather he put it in some form of secure investment that will be yielding something. Kindly give us suggestions.

May the soul of my beloved Father continue to rest in peace. Amen

Leave Nigeria or use the money to buy CLEAN land.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by alberson(f): 11:31am On Jan 24, 2022
Purchase a viable land for 4m, use 3m to buy Toyota Corolla for bolt/uber and use the balance of 1m and acquire professional course.

While you open a dollar account with your younger brother's 6m...

Best of luck...

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by charles2468(m): 11:32am On Jan 24, 2022
I suggest you go into Real Estate, use the money get landed property in a good and cheaper rate, within 3-5 years u will be smiling, if you are in the east or Enugu I can help you with good offers
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by NickD(m): 11:32am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

1. I just got my inheritance and I got cash of 8M and there's this popular belief of people squandering their inheritance,I don't want that to be my portion so which business can I invest it into. For context, I currently have a job and I'm not ready to quit so please put that into consideration.

2. My younger brother is still a student so he has asked me to save his portion of 6M in bank until he graduates but I don't think that's a good idea. I would rather he put it in some form of secure investment that will be yielding something. Kindly give us suggestions.

FBNQuest, invest and thank me later. Its a First Bank of Nigeria bond market. 2 weeks ago they were sold for 1386, as at today those bonds have increased to 1407...go to any first bank and make enquiries. You will never regret it.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by funshint(m): 11:34am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Go to bank and do fixed deposit especially for your younger brother.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Mozegee: 11:34am On Jan 24, 2022
God bless u for this advice ,this is what I have in mind to tell him. A dollar account will be good. because I don't see dollar crashing any day any time in this country.
adeprof18:
I don't have much to say about you and your 8mill, but my advice is you open a dollar account for your bro and save his 6mil there for him, when he is sure of any investment in future, he can do whatever he likes with the money

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by supereagle(m): 11:35am On Jan 24, 2022
Investment is good for your brother, not stock investment, you can invest in landed property, this will appreciate with time, but there is snag to that. Buy from genuine agent.

Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Westernequinox: 11:36am On Jan 24, 2022
First what you are supposed to do is to make a spiritual investment at your own discretion, secondly tabulate an investment portfolio, don't run into buying bonds or share, such should be divided into two or three parts, the first is your personal development and that is school and acquired/learned skills, it is the most important investment, 8 million is much and also it is small to squander on unprofitable and unproductive, but if you are judicious enough you can take a mileage out it in life, Don't be in a rush to make so much at once, it enables the nature of greed which open doors for you to lose out the money quickly, lasting wealth is built little by little.
Take out time to explore your own immediate ecosystem which is a terrain you understand, Now search for local businesses, especially the ones that supply daily and vital needs to the populace, for example in my local area, there are uneducated people but business savvy that run butchering shops, as local it may seem, the butcher's kill cows worth well over 13 million in a day, it is an ecosystem that generates millions of dollars in revenue, because meat is a vital consumable for the populace. It might not be the same niche in your area.
Anything you do, do not make a business exploration beyond 5 percent in your adventure per time, and further more subject your self to learning before such any adventure.
Crypto or stocks should be timid adventure for you, if you are interested, you can buy coins that you can hold out for 5 years as a maximum boom period while you explore day to day business activities.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Johnsown1(m): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2022
alphabbey1:
Real estate people and market women, 5&6.. lure you into buying properties just for there 10% agent fee.... you just said it simple "get the money double whenever your ready to sell".... which land is that ? For which state ?......

Some stage in ones life you just don't need to throw tantrum on people on a faceless blog or say something that you don't know nor have the full details.

I can help you buy a land of 6m to 10m in Enugu and sell it upto 8m to 15m next year depending on your invest. And I have places that you can buy 40m to 80m in new haven and Independence layout in Enugu then get up to 60m to 100m in a year or two. So don't argue carelessly
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by SeriouslySense(m): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2022
smiley smiley
Animegirl:

undecided like is easy to leave without proper plan.

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by alphabbey1(m): 11:38am On Jan 24, 2022
elampiro:

I am living abroad. That alone is enough. I am working and making money.

Moreover, schools in Germany are mostly free and you only neep to deposit block money.
Bro, which school is that and what's the certificate currently doing for you grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Godshope: 11:38am On Jan 24, 2022
Fix the Money in Bank and Plan Well.

Secondly, Don't put the whole Money on Any Investment at a go, whenever you want to invest. Just put little at a go.

In all, Fix and Plan well
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by mymadam(m): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2022
Afuye1:
Invest in mutual funds it will yield good dividends every month. Make enquiry about it and you'll be glad you did. Ask banks about the stuff. You can also withdraw your money at any time. It will be a good investment for your Broda too.

@Op, I agree with the above IF you want some peace of mind. However, remember to also 'compound' the interest as well. Good luck. smiley
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Sunnybay7: 11:40am On Jan 24, 2022
rainlover:
Might be a good time to buy BTC and hold.

Don't ever make the mistake to invest your money with anybody.

You can start blogs in different EVER GREEN niches targeting audience from the tier 1 countries. With your money, you can hire good writers from Nigeria and also run social media campaigns to promote your blog. In 2 years time, you will be glad you did.
This here in my own opinion is the best advice,run multiple "ever green niche" blogs or websites and promote them.
It will cost you less than 1m but the return is great just take your time to learn blogging and affiliate marketing.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by BabbanBura(m): 11:46am On Jan 24, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
Please don’t be in a hurry to invest and be careful with all manner of get rich sooner than soonest schemes.

Approach a reputable stock brokering house to guide on buying share of blue chip companies

Not a good idea!
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by BabbanBura(m): 11:47am On Jan 24, 2022
mymadam:

@Op, I agree with the above IF you want some peace of mind. However, remember to also 'compound' the interest as well. Good luck. smiley

How about the impacts of inflation and devaluation?
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by starpower(m): 11:47am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Tell you younger brother to open dom account keep. What is not needed immediately in dollars. Business gains are mostly eroded by our hyper inflation.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by BabbanBura(m): 11:48am On Jan 24, 2022
mymadam:

How about the impacts of inflation and devaluation?

Great idea if it is in a foreign currency like dollar, naira option is banza!
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by TheGreatIYANU: 11:49am On Jan 24, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
So Btc is no longer profitable since the ponzi side of it has been exposed. In other words, those who bought Btc because they took an advice like yours 30days ago are bleeped. The same way op will be fxcked when he buys your imaginary coins

lol...gat nuffn against you bro. It's all luv n light here grin wink grin
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by BabbanBura(m): 11:49am On Jan 24, 2022
starpower:

Tell you younger brother to open dom account keep. What is not needed immediately in dollars. Business gains are mostly eroded by our hyper inflation.

Excellent suggestion. Real Estate is another area to save up cash
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Noahusirado(m): 11:50am On Jan 24, 2022
[color=#990000][/color]
THERE IS A BUSINESS I KNOW THAT YOU CAN PUT IN 4MILLION AND BY DECEMBER YOU WILL GET 7MILLION IN TOTAL. CALL ME ON 08147667623, I LIVE IN DELTA STATE.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by BabbanBura(m): 11:51am On Jan 24, 2022
Godshope:
Fix the Money in Bank and Plan Well.

Secondly, Don't put the whole Money on Any Investment at a go, whenever you want to invest. Just put little at a go.

In all, Fix and Plan well

Do not keep the money in naira. Dollarise it and either fix it or invest in some low risk funds
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by TheKingsmann(m): 11:51am On Jan 24, 2022
DemMannaScam:
Wretched payoneer thief dey advice person cheesy
Wonders shall never end
Meanwhile your USELESS mama remains an idiot, a CURSED idiot.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

[s][/s]
Mynd44, seun Rule 2
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by janda1: 11:52am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Bro good morning my best advice for you is to go into e-commerce ( mini importation) buying from China and also please don't use agent you can go to china to the factory that produce it..it's a profitable business and you can make a millions monthly and generate 100 to 200 million a year for example
When you import an item that solves people problem of 1000 or more pcs in Nigeria and each cost 3500 or #5000, you can sell it #15000 or 20000 to Nigeria through social media advertisment( Facebook ads and Google ads or Twitter ads, Instagram ads and Nigerians visit those platform and they can't do without it daily and you yourself can't do without Instagram) and there is 180 million people in this country and you can market the products to them through those platform and you will make monthly profit of 15 million and 100 million or more in a year you can make more than 200 million. people are making crazy money from e-commerce daily and people will keep on placing order online, the only thing you need is to study Facebook ads and how to build an e commerce site that's all and you would see how money will be coming for you and your brother monthly and your brother would be proud of you, sir do you know how much jumia generate monthly and the founder of Amazon why he remains the richest man on earth, please if you want to go into e-commerce please don't use agent because they won't test your products for you, you can go to china yourself and buy it more cheaper from the factory for example kid cars which is being sold in china for 25000 and in Nigeria it's been sold for 150000, calculate if you can sell 100 pcs of it monthly, I am not saying you should buy kid cars there are more things you can buy and sell to Nigerians and ghana... A popular Instagram page in Nigeria is personaltransport_ng the lady generate millions monthly from e-commerce

Second business is affiliate marketing
Expernaire own by seun omotoso, you can Google it as of yesterday donjazzy was following them yesterday
What you need is Facebook ads and Google that's all and people are making million from it.. when you sell a well valuable course of 50k for people going to Canada and it works for them you would earn a commission of 25000 and when 300 people place order for that same course through Facebook ads do you know how much you would earn a month when you combine that same business,bro you can never be poor in your life again

3rd
Buy land in an undeveloped area and keep it for future purposes for 100k you can buy 20 I the next 5 years you can sell it 20 million or more

4th
Keep your money in pounds not in dollars

Please if you dont know much about crypto please don't invest in it...

This business can change your life and even you can quit your job

After Investing in this business and makes more you can go deeply into real estate and being smiling with your money when you sell a house for 200 million or more

Good luck, please be aware of scammers on nairaland
Please invest in the money wisely, don't build house, don't study abroad because a school fee is 7 million and more and if you do you can't get that money back in 5years time because it's you and your certificate and there is no Job that can give you 5 million a month than to invest in your self and use your head and a way from ladies and stay closer to God, his the one that lead you well

I will repeat it again, invest in the money wisely so that you won't regret in the future because 14 million is not a small money to get in this

Lastly don't trust anyone but your self, please run away from ladies this time around so that you won't waste the money unless you are married , I repeat it again be closer to God, he is the one that can help because you don't father any moreand God his your father and mother , he is the that can lead you to greater hight in life
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Mohzus: 11:56am On Jan 24, 2022
Zegra:

I'm not sure if the gentleman will have all the patience to read up all Pa Ewumi posts on NL

I hope he will cause that man posts would teach him not just about investing but also money management, op this is the best advice to heed to
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by alphabbey1(m): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2022
Johnsown1:

Some stage in ones life you just don't need to throw tantrum on people on a faceless blog or say something that you don't know nor have the full details.

I can help you buy a land of 6m to 10m in Enugu and sell it upto 8m to 15m next year depending on your invest. And I have places that you can buy 40m to 80m in new haven and Independence layout in Enugu then get up to 60m to 100m in a year or two. So don't argue carelessly
All I see here is 20% in a year or 2 bro, what happened to "get the money double whenever your ready to sell" I guess it's a marketing strategy... defining a fluke as expected....
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by BannarBannar: 11:56am On Jan 24, 2022
The only way you can secure the inheritance is to invest it in real estate. Though there are some strategic ways to do that, you can contact me on 08101628035 for professional advice on this
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by aylipple: 11:57am On Jan 24, 2022
If there's a business that can guarantee you returns on your investment - with the only risk that I know of to be price fluctuation, which may also be ameliorated by storage till price appreciates to level you want to sell - it's rice business. As a rice miller, I can assure you that with N12,000,000 investment in rice milling (by that, I mean purchasing paddy, cost of transporting the paddy, parboiling & drying, milling & packaging etc), you'll more than triple that figure within 6 months if you've the market to sell to.
Check the images below & tell me if the rice doesn't look too good to be "local" rice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? / Starting A Cassava Farm / Water Entered Shops At The Jankara Market, Lagos, Damaged Goods. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.