Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice (39043 Views)

How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) / I Just Got My Money Back From The Criminal That Scammed Me / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Quantized92(m): 10:38am On Jan 24, 2022
Why not try Affiliate marketing.

At least with Affiliate marketing. U still get to keep your job
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

So straight to the point. Please I need your advice about two things.

1. I just got my inheritance and I got cash of 8M and there's this popular belief of people squandering their inheritance,I don't want that to be my portion so which business can I invest it into. For context, I currently have a job and I'm not ready to quit so please put that into consideration.

2. My younger brother is still a student so he has asked me to save his portion of 6M in bank until he graduates but I don't think that's a good idea. I would rather he put it in some form of secure investment that will be yielding something. Kindly give us suggestions.

May the soul of my beloved Father continue to rest in peace. Amen
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by iTearHerToto: 10:39am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

1. I just got my inheritance and I got cash of 8M and there's this popular belief of people squandering their inheritance,I don't want that to be my portion so which business can I invest it into. For context, I currently have a job and I'm not ready to quit so please put that into consideration.

2. My younger brother is still a student so he has asked me to save his portion of 6M in bank until he graduates but I don't think that's a good idea. I would rather he put it in some form of secure investment that will be yielding something. Kindly give us suggestions.

btc has dipped. Buy 7m and keep 1m in case it dips further you go use the 1m hold body

But it'll bounce back tho just a matter of days. Hopefully when it does and it hits 50k withdraw your shit cos you must have made about 3m profit by then with a 7m investment

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Nyanabo(m): 10:39am On Jan 24, 2022
Sir, don't be in a hurry to invest that money. A good business is not started in a day. It takes careful analysis, risk analysis and whatever to venture into a business.

Also not everyone has a good business acumen. I won't advice you to put it into a bank, no the bank you use you money to business with little returns.

I would rather advice you to landed properties with that money (at least you share of it if you brother refuses). It won't depreciate. 14m can get you like 5 plots of genuine land in a strategic environ that won't take long to develop.

When you are ready to sell that land in a few years, you will get at least double of that money.

Make sure it land is genuine. Not double sale.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by gambus007(m): 10:39am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

You haven’t gotten how to invest your share and thinking how to invest your brother’s money. Oga , Do what you brother asked you to do and avoid funny story… as per your own share consult before do anything. I rest my case.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by bizhop01: 10:39am On Jan 24, 2022
QUIT THAT JOB NOW, used 50% to start something serious and stay away from parasites.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by otokpsy(m): 10:40am On Jan 24, 2022
Join us @life'stable Facebook page and you wouldn't regret it I promise you. Just search for the page on Facebook. Japheth prosper is the admin there. If you need the link to verify things for yourself I can give it to you
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by delpee(f): 10:40am On Jan 24, 2022
chrisvic007:

Good for you. Whaooo a whooping 8 milla.

First investment suggestion;
look for a discrete Bet9ja shop - you can double the money when next Chelsea is playing. Just play the money on straight winning for Chelsea. Do that till the end of the season and thank me later.

Good luck.

Hmmm!
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by 46arcadez(m): 10:41am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please avoid cryptocurrency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by DroppingLiquid: 10:41am On Jan 24, 2022
adeprof18:
I don't have much to say about you and your 8mill, but my advice is you open a dollar account for your bro and save his 6mil there for him, when he is sure of any investment in future, he can do whatever he likes with the money

Don't they pay monthly maintenance for dollar account?
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Use 6M from the 8M and buy land for different locations. Like 1M to 1.5M land per plot and continue with your life. When the time comes to quit your job and focus on your hustle the money will be worth way more than you received it.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by DroppingLiquid: 10:41am On Jan 24, 2022
Unibenfucker:

And what happens when the dollar crashes by this year ending

if the dollar crashes one percent, naira will crash twenty percent. And the American imperialists will make sure of that so they can maintain dominance.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by namo77: 10:42am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Fixed deposit, foreign stocks investment...
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by FakeUnity: 10:43am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

My candid advise to you.

1) Never invest it in a business you don't understand.

2) Secure and concretize a greater portion of the money on verifiable and secured landed property through tested realtors. If its in your village, do a dwarf fence, put a gate.

3) Never listen to investment 'sharks', NO PONZI, NO BITCOIN. They are too volatile to be done with your capital.

4) If you were in the health sector, I would have showed you a business you would have done on your own with just a fraction of that money with a 19% ROI on investment monthly. But I'd wager a guess that you are not.

5) HOLD YOUR MONEY TIGHT TO YOUR CHEST IF YOU ARE CONFUSED. Till you figure out what works for you.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by brandsoncharlie: 10:44am On Jan 24, 2022
AVECDEO:

Even sef!

You can never peer dollar with naira in terms of value.

Are you African...do you live on the continent.?
The guy is funny, dollar crash ke, instead it will increase exponentially.
I would have even advised him to even buy cedis to dollars because the way the dollar's keep embarrassing this weak African currency no be here..
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by olawalesammy(m): 10:44am On Jan 24, 2022
Jestin:
Use the money to jakpa.
sorry to break your heart bro
When you have 8m and you still japa
Just know that such person is prone to slavery

Jakpa is for hustlers who is looking for a greener pasture

In this case
The greener pasture is relaxing
In the bank

He just seek the right advice
This is not a japa thing .ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:44am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

as for you, just invest in what you have passion for, not what everybody are doing, don't rush at all make sure you do research very well before you venture in any business then pray, all business are very risk, then for your brother, just let him keep the money in fixed deposit and save, Note: there is no business in this life, if you don't have time to do it yourself or supervise it your self, it will definitely collapse, it's a must, so your brother will not come and blame you in future

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Truvelisback(m): 10:44am On Jan 24, 2022
If u are confused on what to do with the money, build or buy houses and rent.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by MideMrPossible: 10:44am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Go to your bank, talk to the OM, ask for their short term investment plans, most banks has for 30, 60 and 90 days, depending on their interest ration, with 8M, you can earn up to 120 - 140k per month, average of 1.4 - 1.6m p.a.

This will give you an opportunity to face your career or side hustle while you get a standby money every month. I'll suggest you go for 30 days option.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Indispensable85(m): 10:45am On Jan 24, 2022
God bless your father.
If na me I don enter Canada be dat.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Badgers14: 10:45am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Depending on where your reside.

If you live in one of those states that have plot of land in the 500k to 1m range for a decent place.

I would say maybe bump up your budget to say 2m or 2.5m.. that should get you a decent place in a developing area and if you are lucky , if the lot is on a corner or so. you can buy a plot , fence it and build 4 or 5 shops in front of it.

The rent might not be all that great but hey.. every little bit helps..

Then when you or your brother decides on something else.. you could always flip the real estate and move on to something else...

Please, if you go to the real estate option, please make sure you investigate very well.. get your documents intact... hire a lawyer if you must.

Other alternative is you could put the money in a fixed deposit account.. it might not add much interest but at least you secured the principal.. (as long you don't withdraw before the maturity date).

I will go for either of these two options because one , real estate appreciate.. if you have a lot with shops already... that's small income and this could be a foundation for someone.. even if na batcher you nack inside the compound.. you are a landlord.. you save money on rent while you work hard to better the living condition there..
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by babyfaceafrica: 10:46am On Jan 24, 2022
IjapaTiroko:
First, if you are not business inclined, DON'T do any business, just stick to your job. But if you are business inclined, travel round, make thorough investigations (if possible, do boy-boy [internship] in the business market), then invest in the business. (I'll advise food or electronic business sha)

Second, avoid investing any amount in naira in any financial institution in Nigeria because naira loses value super fast these days of Buhari. Instead, you may invest your brother's 6m in buying US Dollars, Euros, British Pounds, and Chinese Yuan because these are stable currencies that doesn't lose value sharply like naira does. You can do this ONLY through a Nigerian bank. NEVER visit a bureau de change cuz they may give you fake or expired currencies (Yes, currencies do expire, especially Western currencies). Open the different accounts and keep the currencies in them.
Or you could buy solid minerals like gold, diamonds, etc and keep them WITH your bank. You may ask your bank for advise about this. But NEVER hold any currency investment in Naira, or any other unstable currency.

Third, IF (and only if) you have interest in migration, and age is on your side, you can migrate to any economically growing Western country (North America or Western Europe). With 8m, you should migrate now before naira falls further. You can go further studies or for migration proper.
How does age and migration relate please?
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by CUMIN: 10:46am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Convert everything to dollars and wait.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by alekuwodo(m): 10:47am On Jan 24, 2022
Real estate!

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by do4luv14(m): 10:47am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Since you are not ready to quit your job, invest your money, Real Estate will fetch you good returns, Mtn had been selling shares, don't know if it's still available too, if it is, buy and invest,

secondly since your bro says till he graduates, you don't even mention his level, anyway, to be on the softer side for your bro, spread his part in a reputable financial institution, put a million in fixed deposit, another in Bonds, and plz not just banks alone, even Insurrance, and other reputable financial institutions,

Finally, before you take a step towards those investment plans, study the stock market very well,

BTW, what type of job are you doing presently
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by bizhop01: 10:47am On Jan 24, 2022
Unibenfucker:

And what happens when the dollar crashes by this year ending
Check exchange rate record from 1999 till date between naira vs dollar you will know that Nigeria is a shit hole country
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by JJArthur: 10:48am On Jan 24, 2022
congratulations

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by alphabbey1(m): 10:48am On Jan 24, 2022
Johnsown1:
I will advice you to invest but in real estate and get the money double whenever your ready to sell. Had it been your Enugu then I would help u more. Make sure that the land is genuine if you follow this advice. Landed properties donsen't depriciate
just see the nonesense you typed... many of you are just unrealistic
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Iceberghill(m): 10:48am On Jan 24, 2022
Nairaland is the worst place to seek financial advice but people keep making this same mistake person wey never see 100k for him life bfore self go dey advise on business he knows nothing about SMH grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by SageOfChelsea: 10:49am On Jan 24, 2022
Op convert to dollars. Download Piggyvest and save it. You get about 10% plus annually from them for just saving your money. I have been doing same with them for 2years now.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Kennedyiheme: 10:49am On Jan 24, 2022
Binary… you could earn as much as 5m a month if you know your charts… pm me if you ever think this way… cheers
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by dingbang(m): 10:49am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

do treasury bills for your brother with his 6million that will be rolling over until he is done with school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Flooded Jankara Market In Lagos Where Traders, Residents Wear Rain Boots To Work / Starting A Cassava Farm / When Did You Make Your First Million Naira ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.