Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married (24885 Views)

She Is Pregnant For Me But I Am Not Ready / 8 Red Signs You Should Lookout For Before Taking That Girl To The Altar / 6 Signs You Are Just A Side Chick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by phosky(m): 8:27am On Jan 31, 2022
6 signs you’re not ready to get married

Marriage is supposed to be for life, and it’s something that should only happen l when both parties are ready. Here are 10 signs that you’re not ready to get married.

1. You’re not ready to give up your single lifestyle:

When you’ve stayed single for years, and have grown into your routines and lifestyle, it’s hard to give all that up. Marriage means sharing your life with someone else, and that can be scary if you’re not ready for it.

If you’re not ready to let go of your independence, then marriage is definitely not for you. You need to be prepared to share everything with your partner- including your time and space.

2. You’re not comfortable being someone’s partner:

Marriage means being someone’s partner for life. That can be a daunting task if you’re not used to it, especially if you always put yourself first. If you’re not ready to take on that responsibility, then marriage is definitely not for you.

You need to be prepared to handle anything and everything your partner throws at you. You should also be comfortable with giving as much as time and energy as your partner gives you.

3. You don’t think you’re good enough for marriage:

Marriage is a lifetime commitment. If you don’t think you’re good enough for marriage, then you definitely shouldn’t get married. This means that you have low self-esteem and don’t think you deserve to be happy.

You need to be confident in yourself and your relationship before getting married, of not , you could watch your marriage crumble. You should also believe that your partner is the best thing that’s ever happened to you.

4. You don’t want to change your relationship status on Facebook:

As singles, we like to let the world know that we are on the market. One way of doing that is by keeping our relationship status on social media as ‘single’. If you still desire that thrill of a random person going through your page, and messaging you out of nowhere, then believe me, you’re far from ready to settle for one partner.

Rather, focus on getting to know yourself better and working on your relationship before making it Facebook official.

5. You’re not sure if you believe in marriage:

I’ve heard many young Nigerian girls say ‘marriage na scam’. If that’s the mentality of some members of this generation, then how can they be ready to get married? Marriage is a sacred institution that should not be taken lightly. If you’re unsure about whether or not you believe in it, then how can you go into it wholeheartedly?

You need to have faith in the institution of marriage if you’re going to make that commitment. You need to believe that marriage comes with responsibilities, which come with peace and pride and joy when fulfilled.

6. You don’t want to deal with the stress of a wedding:

Weddings are undoubtedly very stressful to plan and carry out. Many people keep putting off finding meaningful relationships because they can’t picture the perfect wedding for themselves. Please, do yourself a favour and plan your wedding the way it suits you.

Not everyone needs to have a flashy ceremony- you could make it a very small gathering of really genuine friends, who truly care about your happiness. But don’t let the stress behind a huge wedding ceremony scare you away from marriage.

https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/relationships-weddings/6-signs-youre-not-ready-to-get-married/eczq1kv.amp

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by SmartPolician: 8:34am On Jan 31, 2022
The truth is, marriage is not for everyone.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by Jay5mie: 8:39am On Jan 31, 2022
My simple advice to my innocent brothers out there considering getting married is...

DON'T DO IT!!!

No talk say i no warn una o angry angry angry angry

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by TempUser: 8:39am On Jan 31, 2022
Na by force?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by Kingpee2(m): 8:39am On Jan 31, 2022
The problem isn’t readiness ,sometimes financial aspect of it could be worrisome ,forever is a very long time you know ,it means you either choose your right forever or choose the opposite forever ,I see a whole lot of baby mama and baby fathers lately ,you ask yourself how they became that ,crazy thing is you can’t just spend a year with a lady or a guy and then decide that’s the man or woman of your choice ,then after the whole scenario of pregnancy then reality sets in ,age is just a number and it takes only maturity to develop that decision of marriage with your partner ,Op lastly ,this isn’t about fear ,it’s about you and your partner’s readiness because forever long oooooo ....Not a child’s play when you finally say Yes I do ...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by inoki247: 8:40am On Jan 31, 2022
Hmmm all is well...

I sha know say Marriage b lik school....

No be everybody wey go schl go graduate....

And some people will not even get married at all jus as some people won't even bother going to schl at al...

Marriage is not for everyone just as schl is not for everyone know diz...

At the end of the day na Peace of mind b koko....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 31, 2022
Are these points strong enough ?

3 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by GuyWise101(m): 8:40am On Jan 31, 2022
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

With all the divorce and negative complaints that are always gracing the nairaland's frontpage you still want us to go ahead and marry these present arrogant non-virgin and over-bleeped pussies? angry angry angry angry angry angry

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by ecomalchemist(m): 8:40am On Jan 31, 2022
Na who get money dey do wedding.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 31, 2022
The average Nigerian is obsessed with getting married and having children. To me it's foolishness considering the kind of poverty and suffering in the land.

It's marriage that is giving us sleepless nights.

When people are killed like chickens.

We as citizens also want to reproduce like chickens. I pity Africa and Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by ojun50(m): 8:40am On Jan 31, 2022
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by adecz: 8:40am On Jan 31, 2022
undecided

❌❌When a single man considers the
price of bag of rice and beans for
wedding jollof & moimoi, na so him
chest go fall. ☺️ grin☺️ grin☺️

All, na Buhari cause am.☹️

7 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by bigstan11787(m): 8:41am On Jan 31, 2022
Facebook status changer: well done Sir

15 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by princefunmmy(m): 8:41am On Jan 31, 2022
Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by Belial06: 8:41am On Jan 31, 2022
Most over aged unmarried women these days are singing the marriage is not for everyone mantra

While I agree it's not for everyone ,it's still not a self consolation theme to be adopted by every unmarried dame out there . If as a lady you aren't married at 33, no , not all men are bad, maybe ,just maybe the problem is from you.

Just saying

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by anonymous1759(m): 8:41am On Jan 31, 2022
grin
Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by McGg: 8:41am On Jan 31, 2022
Marriage is a scam

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by damkin24(m): 8:41am On Jan 31, 2022
You are right in some ways though
Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by Omniman(m): 8:42am On Jan 31, 2022
grin

Marriage is now an effed up institution...

Somethings that you do freely as a single, you will have to explain why you are doing it to your partner every goddamn time.

Thats some level of stress.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by RandyOku: 8:42am On Jan 31, 2022
In Nigeria now, 98% of Ladies are Marrying Money or for SURVIVAL ... That's enough reason to put marriage on hold right now if you intend Marrying a NAIJA LADY..

In mosdii voice, all NAIJA Ladies are uselessgrin

7 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by Persin04: 8:42am On Jan 31, 2022
Hmm.... I don't know why some pple see this marriage of a thing a do or die matter...to d extent that even if they av been foretold that Na dat marriage go kill them they will still go ahead more like childbearing...Na wa oo
Na dis same reason AS go marry AS saying God is in control....I shake my head simultaneously... All dis religious beliefs no be so ooo, even our saviour no marry ke, e get reason nau, e for no save anyone oooo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by crossbreedwears(m): 8:42am On Jan 31, 2022
It is well
Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by robinfemi: 8:44am On Jan 31, 2022
All what you put up are trash, I don't think you have relationship. If you do, you will understand the packages that comes with it cheesy

Marriage go fear you

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by muheeb01(m): 8:44am On Jan 31, 2022
Marriage is not for everyone,e don send so many people to early graves from paternity fraud to infidelity to domestic violence and emotional abuse that has led to depression and eventual death.....looking beyond these and finding right partner marriage is beautiful....but not for everybody whether we like it or not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by womenareapess: 8:46am On Jan 31, 2022
phosky:
6 signs you’re not ready to get married

https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/relationships-weddings/6-signs-youre-not-ready-to-get-married/eczq1kv.amp
don't even get the idea of marrying because those baboons (naija women) ain't worth it undecided

Naija women are way useless as you think, and marrying those frustrated useless piece of shiit is like welcoming the devil into your life undecided

Free yourself from those self-entitlement piece of shiit angry

And if you must marry! Marry a foreigner, be it Togo, Zimbabwe, and any other except NAIJA women undecided

3 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by geedot: 8:46am On Jan 31, 2022
The OP is talking about me, lol.

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by YellowMayor(m): 8:47am On Jan 31, 2022
Reading
Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 31, 2022
Financial status is not enough,mk una go put someone pikin fr debt
Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married by YorubaKing: 8:47am On Jan 31, 2022
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please What To Do If A Married Woman Is In Love With You? / Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? / the secret of Female Waist Bead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.