Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This (44562 Views)

Dad Upset After Babymama Let Their Daughter Sit On Her Uncle's Lap - Video / I Caught My Brother’s Wife Having Sex With Another Man In Their Sitting Room / My Brother's Wife Served Me With Just A Meat Instead Of Two Meats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by yusluvad(m): 4:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
Too bad
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by abbey621(m): 4:56pm On Feb 04, 2022
Another example of failed society. Pikin no go school for like a year, parents no dey concerned, community no dey concerned, school no dey concerned and government no send anybody. Abroad if your child missed school for a week or more be prepared to have very very good reason when child protective services shows up, in fact many have lost their children all because of I don't care attitude. In this case, the mother is not fit to be a parent, the father is also useless because he has priotized making money over the future of his offsprings, a man that cannot control his home is not a MAN, in fact cut off his balls and be done with it.....SMH!

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Lizzydonnah(f): 4:57pm On Feb 04, 2022
oilmane:

Your brothers wife stopped their kids from going to school, they didn't go to school for a whole term, your brother is aware but didn't do anything about it, they are still not going to school in this new term, your brother is still not doing anything about it, guy your brother day use he wife cover face, they agreed on it, no man, no matter how weak he is will allow this, is the wife the one paying the kids school fees? Your brother just day paint his wife black and u day join am too, she's not alone in this.

Exactly, how can a sane man allow his wife to do such a thing and not do anything about it? I don't think op knows the full story

7 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Fididiguy(m): 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2022
Wives are meant to team up with their husband in all rounder
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Akorkor(f): 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
If it’s because of security, the wife may be right but what I am not comfortable with is for her to stay at home without not rendering any hand to help the husband. Ladies, don’t put your husband under too much pressure. We are both helpers, and they need all our help to put things right.
Men, please always look before you leap too. Marry for the right reason and not because of beauty. Marry a woman that can support you when things go south. I wish the family well jare.

This kind story Dey vex me
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Advancedman(m): 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
Dailyparrot:
My brother lives in the remote part of Ikorodu. They have three kids.

The children didn't go to school throughout last term and this term again, they've been staying at home. When other kids in the compound have gone to school, his kids will remain at home with the wife doing nothing.

The reason the wife stopped the kids from going to school is because she wants them to leave that part of Lagos and move to the developed part of Ikorodu or any township part of Lagos.

Invariably, she's using the kids staying at home to protest and punish the husband, maybe?

I feel she's punishing the kids and not the husband. My brother leaves for work very early in the morning and will not be able to take the kids to school himself.

He's not financially capable of relocating at this time but I feel he can plan with his wife and save towards relocating, maybe in a year's time but I doubt the wife is taking the best approach.

The wife said she's not taking up any job or starting any business until they relocate from that area. So for now, the whole burden is on my brother.

Please, what's the best approach to this their family issue. We don't want to take side and go hard on the wife, but, don't feel she's taking the best decision for the kids.

Until there is severe punishment for women using kid as bait against man either by pregnancy or children in marriage the future shall remain porous for the nation.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by RPG2020(m): 5:03pm On Feb 04, 2022
grin

If you don't gerrite forgerrite

The children in that area will tell your brother why his wife want to run away

i hear say person say she go tell her husband
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by sleek82(m): 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2022
oilmane:

Your brothers wife stopped their kids from going to school, they didn't go to school for a whole term, your brother is aware but didn't do anything about it, they are still not going to school in this new term, your brother is still not doing anything about it, guy your brother day use he wife cover face, they agreed on it, no man, no matter how weak he is will allow this, is the wife the one paying the kids school fees? Your brother just day paint his wife black and u day join am too, she's not alone in this.
I think I am with you on this...is he saying the school fee is paid and and none of the kids show up in school?

4 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by MorningStar233: 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Where they currently live, they don't pay rent. The house is built by my brother's friend.

As for those asking if my brother begged her to marry him, in fact, she's never my brother's type.

She took in for my brother and the marriage was forced. But you know, once children are involved, a woman will always use them as bargaining chip for everything.

She's not his choice but he could sleep with her..

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Innomach(m): 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2022
Sit at home? Please, is she a member of IPOB or related to Nnamdi Kanu?

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Beedude(m): 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2022
Beremx:
In most cases, when a couple wants to rent an apartment, the wife’s choice is always what is agreed upon. My question is, didn’t she know her husband rented an apartment in the remote part of Ikorodu? If she did, then it’s so callous and wicked for her to use her kids to protest her anger. The couple should sort their issue amicably
Inasmuch as she isnt contributing to the rent, the man should get a place he can afford. It is better to stay in ikorodu where u pay cheap rent than move to surulere and start owing landlord up and down.
Now using the kids education as an instrument shows she is an illiterate and doesnt value education.
If u get beef with your husband, sort it with him. Your children shouldnt bear the burnden.
She is heartless
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Crusadee: 5:07pm On Feb 04, 2022
Nna eh things dey happen sha
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by pocohantas(f): 5:08pm On Feb 04, 2022
Nawa. Some men dey marry o.
I am speechless.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Crusadee: 5:12pm On Feb 04, 2022
Pls advice your brother to report her to Lagos State social wailfare and child protective services. They will handle her issue well. Thanks
Dailyparrot:

The children didn't go to school throughout last term and this term again, they've been staying at home. When other kids in the compound have gone to school, his kids will remain at home with the wife doing nothing.

The reason the wife stopped the kids from going to school is because she wants them to leave that part of Lagos and move to the developed part of Ikorodu or any township part of Lagos.

Invariably, she's using the kids staying at home to protest and punish the husband, maybe?

I feel she's punishing the kids and not the husband. My brother leaves for work very early in the morning and will not be able to take the kids to school himself.

He's not financially capable of relocating at this time but I feel he can plan with his wife and save towards relocating, maybe in a year's time but I doubt the wife is taking the best approach.

The wife said she's not taking up any job or starting any business until they relocate from that area. So for now, the whole burden is on my brother.

Please, what's the best approach to this their family issue. We don't want to take side and go hard on the wife, but, don't feel she's taking the best decision for the kids.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Crusadee: 5:13pm On Feb 04, 2022
pocohantas:
Nawa. Some men dey marry o.
I am speechless.
seriously! She should be reported to Lagos State child protective services
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Beedude(m): 5:17pm On Feb 04, 2022
abbey621:
Another example of failed society. Pikin no go school for like a year, parents no dey concerned, community no dey concerned, school no dey concerned and government no send anybody. Abroad if your child missed school for a week or more be prepared to have very very good reason when child protective services shows up, in fact many have lost their children all because of I don't care attitude. In this case, the mother is not fit to be a parent, the father is also useless because he has priotized making money over the future of his offsprings, a man that cannot control his home is not a MAN, in fact cut off his balls and be done with it.....SMH!
Na so Boko Haram , IPOB and Agbero take dey start. Without education, the kids will become a nuisance to the community.
Both husband and wife should be arrested ASAP
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by juman(m): 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2022
Crusadee:
seriously! She should be reported to Lagos State child protective services

Wow, I like this.
If there is agency that stand for children in lagos.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Munzy14(m): 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mariangeles:
It could be that the part of Ikorodu where they’re living is not safe, and your brother’s wife is just being careful with the children.
I’ve heard that most part of Ikorodu isn’t safe for anything. Cult clashes from time to time.
Is it when the man is linked to robbery, she will get the memo?

She is having an external influence...Which is Indirectly mounting pressure on the man...With this protest, only God knows what that man is passing through now...Even sex that should have been a stress relieving therapy must be alien between them by now...

This protest don enter gear 3..smh

Let her relocate the family na...After all a kwa si what a man cab do, a woman does better...

Ihe nyiri ya wu relocation to Banana Island or nothing.. grin

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Crusadee: 5:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
juman:

Wow, I like this.
If there is agency that stand for children in lagos.
Sure! There is, I advised him to tell his brother to do that. I don't know where their office is but there is.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by juman(m): 5:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
My earlier thought was to reset her brain.
If he go away for two weeks without returning home.
When begging him to go back home, he would then set some conditions.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Heterodox(m): 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2022
Not financially capable but went to marry.

Not just that, had kids with it.

Nonsense
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Jeromejnr(m): 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2022
Girlieo:
from the write up, I can deduce the woman is not that educated.

so no long talk, you can't give what you don't have..

Happy birthday
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by happney65: 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mindlog:
The wife is not mentally okay! She is not financially contributing to the running of the family and still setting conditions?

What does remote part of Ikorodu mean, are other humans not living there? My parents moved to Ojota (Lagos) in the early 70s when it was regarded as a remote area and people made fun of them for living in a "village" but they were unperturbed and rather used that opportunity to acquire plots of land there! Today you can't even buy a plot of land with a face me I face you bungalow on it in Ojota for less than N35m!

Rather than hustle alongside her husband to see how they can both earn and save to buy a plot there and start something modest on it, she is giving ultimatum! shocked

The husband has been an enabler, reason for the boldness!

Your brother no matter how busy he is, must create time to personally go register their children in school and let it remain that she refuses to prepare them daily for school.

Just hope your brother doesn't collapse someday from so much pressure....we lost a neighbour through such, it was after his death that his lazy wife began to ask what she can do to earn income to fend for their children.

Can you even get plots of land at Ojota again? Impossicaint.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by juman(m): 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2022
Crusadee:
Sure! There is, I advised him to tell his brother to do that. I don't know where their office is but there is.

Wow, lagos is ahead of other states in so many ways.
I salute lagos governors past and present.

In kwara, boko haram is our governor.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by YelloweWest: 5:24pm On Feb 04, 2022
I wish we could hear from the wife because you sound extremely bias against your brothers wife!

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by nams77: 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mariangeles:
It could be that the part of Ikorodu where they’re living is not safe, and your brother’s wife is just being careful with the children.
I’ve heard that most part of Ikorodu isn’t safe for anything. Cult clashes from time to time.
Does that stop her from taking a job too? Stop supporting rubbish pls.
Why do you ladies like supporting the rubbish of other ladies instead of calling a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Munzy14(m): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2022
If you want to remain crippled from progressing, marry a liability..It can come as wife/husband.

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2022
Money is involved
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Emma15678: 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2022
Dailyparrot:

IPOB legacy
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Mindlog: 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2022
happney65:

Can you even get plots of land at Ojota again? Impossicaint.

Everywhere is built up, so children of the landlords of the 70s and 80s are now selling those old houses which most times the new owners demolish to set up their own structures. I enjoyed Ojota when it was sane, can't ever live there again.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by decasey(m): 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2022
Some men are weak

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married / Mother Beats Her Teenage Daughter After Seeing Her With A Boy / Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.