Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This (44567 Views)

Dad Upset After Babymama Let Their Daughter Sit On Her Uncle's Lap - Video / I Caught My Brother’s Wife Having Sex With Another Man In Their Sitting Room / My Brother's Wife Served Me With Just A Meat Instead Of Two Meats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by happney65: 5:37pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mindlog:

Everywhere is built up, so children of the landlords of the 70s and 80s are now selling those old houses which most times the new owners demolish to set up their own structures. I enjoyed Ojota when it was sane, can't ever live there again.

Exactly. Was backing your statement. So when people talk about a place and call it bush. I look at them and laugh.

I could remember growing up in felele,Ibadan in the late 80's to 1997. It was all bush. We used to fear going to the express. You have to be home by 6PM the latest as there were rumors then of people being kidnapped for rituals. Today, you can't even get a piece of land there anymore.

Our population explosion has helped land sale and developments big time.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by BigYash: 5:37pm On Feb 04, 2022
Kriss216:

Women were not created for men. God made them specifically for aliens.

I fear who no fear women!
Lacoco - La hiu hiu..

Till now wetin eve(evil) discuss with Satan nobody know o..
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Mom007(f): 5:37pm On Feb 04, 2022
OK. We have heard from you. Now we wait until we hear from your brother and the wife before concluding whether she is crazy or not. Could she possibly be homeschooling the kids in order to help save some money for the relocation? Could the children be at risk if that area is very isolated? I know a little of ikorodu and I can tell you that place is very rough and a lot of cultist and diabolical stuff go on there so could they be a factor? Anyways I reserve comments.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Girlieo(f): 5:52pm On Feb 04, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Happy birthday
thank you

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by seyz91(m): 5:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
cheesy i tell you
Haakeem:
Women!!!!!!!!!!! Fear them
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Shakur86(m): 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2022
She is an irresponsible illiterate
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by emonis88: 6:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
That ur brother should be careful, that woman il bring about his down fall.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by ngwababe(f): 6:08pm On Feb 04, 2022
Beremx:
In most cases, when a couple wants to rent an apartment, the wife’s choice is always what is agreed upon. My question is, didn’t she know her husband rented an apartment in the remote part of Ikorodu? If she did, then it’s so callous and wicked for her to use her kids to protest her anger. The couple should sort their issue amicably

They 3kids nau. Do you know how many years he's been promising to leave there? May she got comfortable and the husband relaxed. Now she's tired.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Henon: 6:11pm On Feb 04, 2022
Is difficult to know how remote the place is; but since other kids in the neighbourhood are going your brother's wife should allow the kids to go to school.

Somebody find it hard to live in rural areas especially extroverts, they love to mingle.
They should save money and relocate so peace can rain.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Henon: 6:12pm On Feb 04, 2022
Is difficult to know how remote the place is; but since other kids in the neighbourhood are going your brother's wife should allow the kids to go to school.

Some find it hard to live in rural areas especially extroverts, they love to mingle.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Henon: 6:13pm On Feb 04, 2022
Is difficult to know how remote the place is; but since other kids in the neighbourhood are going school, your brother's wife should allow the kids to go to school.

Some find it hard to live in rural areas especially extroverts, they love to mingle.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Mariangeles(f): 6:17pm On Feb 04, 2022
Munzy14:

Is it when the man is linked to robbery, she will get the memo?

She is having an external influence...Which is Indirectly mounting pressure on the man...With this protest, only God knows what that man is passing through now...Even sex that should have been a stress relieving therapy must be alien between them by now...

This protest don enter gear 3..smh

Let her relocate the family na...After all a kwa si what a man cab do, a woman does better...

Ihe nyiri ya wu relocation to Banana Island or nothing.. grin

She might come around when she gets used to the environment and neighborhood.
I understand her fears, especially putting into consideration where they might’ve lived before there.

Ikorodu is a very remote part of Lagos and can be very dangerous, and I’ve heard of people who moved to that place because of cheap accommodation, and moved back out almost immediately.
They just need to understand her fears.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Mariangeles(f): 6:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
nams77:

Does that stop her from taking a job too? Stop supporting rubbish pls.
Why do you ladies like supporting the rubbish of other ladies instead of calling a spade a spade.

A job in Ikorodu? Are you kidding me?
I even doubt if any business would thrive there.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Tzar(m): 6:21pm On Feb 04, 2022
Your sister-in-law married into a family of WEAKLINGS & she has chosen to take full advantage of your family’s weak nature.
How can you say your brother & family don’t want to ‘go hard on her’ for denying the poor kids education They are lagging behind their mates & when those kids become miscreants for being raised improperly, they will be your WEAK family’s & society’s burden to carry.
Even some state governments have criminalized what she has done, yet your cretinous asses are tolerating her!
I pity those kids so much!

Dailyparrot:
My brother lives in the remote part of Ikorodu. They have three kids.

The children didn't go to school throughout last term and this term again, they've been staying at home. When other kids in the compound have gone to school, his kids will remain at home with the wife doing nothing.

The reason the wife stopped the kids from going to school is because she wants them to leave that part of Lagos and move to the developed part of Ikorodu or any township part of Lagos.

Invariably, she's using the kids staying at home to protest and punish the husband, maybe?

I feel she's punishing the kids and not the husband. My brother leaves for work very early in the morning and will not be able to take the kids to school himself.

He's not financially capable of relocating at this time but I feel he can plan with his wife and save towards relocating, maybe in a year's time but I doubt the wife is taking the best approach.

The wife said she's not taking up any job or starting any business until they relocate from that area. So for now, the whole burden is on my brother.

Please, what's the best approach to this their family issue. We don't want to take side and go hard on the wife, but, don't feel she's taking the best decision for the kids.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by rollywise(m): 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mindlog:
The wife is not mentally okay! She is not financially contributing to the running of the family and still setting conditions?

What does remote part of Ikorodu mean, are other humans not living there? My parents moved to Ojota (Lagos) in the early 70s when it was regarded as a remote area and people made fun of them for living in a "village" but they were unperturbed and rather used that opportunity to acquire plots of land there! Today you can't even buy a plot of land with a face me I face you bungalow on it in Ojota for less than N35m!

Rather than hustle alongside her husband to see how they can both earn and save to buy a plot there and start something modest on it, she is giving ultimatum! shocked

The husband has been an enabler, reason for the boldness!

Your brother no matter how busy he is, must create time to personally go register their children in school and let it remain that she refuses to prepare them daily for school.

Just hope your brother doesn't collapse someday from so much pressure....we lost a neighbour through such, it was after his death that his lazy wife began to ask what she can do to earn income to fend for their children.

I smell action all around your comments. I no go talk since you don represent me. I hate nonsense. Reading the post at all is irritating me already. Well done bro
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by smile11s(m): 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2022
Dailyparrot:

The children didn't go to school throughout last term and this term again, they've been staying at home. When other kids in the compound have gone to school, his kids will remain at home with the wife doing nothing.

The reason the wife stopped the kids from going to school is because she wants them to leave that part of Lagos and move to the developed part of Ikorodu or any township part of Lagos.

Invariably, she's using the kids staying at home to protest and punish the husband, maybe?

I feel she's punishing the kids and not the husband. My brother leaves for work very early in the morning and will not be able to take the kids to school himself.

He's not financially capable of relocating at this time but I feel he can plan with his wife and save towards relocating, maybe in a year's time but I doubt the wife is taking the best approach.

The wife said she's not taking up any job or starting any business until they relocate from that area. So for now, the whole burden is on my brother.

Please, what's the best approach to this their family issue. We don't want to take side and go hard on the wife, but, don't feel she's taking the best decision for the kids.

This is serious

https://gist.am/question/my-brothers-wife-wouldnt-let-their-children-go-to-school-because-of-this-please-read-and-advice
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by marsup: 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2022
Get the kids a lesson teacher.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Pacesetter2021: 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2022
Marrying the wrong person.... Seems to be the worst punishment here on earth. Pray hard before you venture. Pray like your life depends on it cos it does.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by mrdipye(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

She was never your brother’s type, and yet he slept with her and got her pregnant. Irresponsible if you ask me.

If they want it “I got her pregnant”, if they don’t “she took in”. Na she give herself belle?
What if she raped or used kayamata on the guy and got herself pregnant and then imposed marriage?? You ladies just say absolute rubbish when it comes to a man/woman issue. Bleep you
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by sben2308(m): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mariangeles:
It could be that the part of Ikorodu where they’re living is not safe, and your brother’s wife is just being careful with the children.
I’ve heard that most part of Ikorodu isn’t safe for anything. Cult clashes from time to time.

PLS NO OFFENCE WHR IS SAFE IN THIS LAGOS ?
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Exceed15: 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mindlog:
The wife is not mentally okay! She is not financially contributing to the running of the family and still setting conditions?

What does remote part of Ikorodu mean, are other humans not living there? My parents moved to Ojota (Lagos) in the early 70s when it was regarded as a remote area and people made fun of them for living in a "village" but they were unperturbed and rather used that opportunity to acquire plots of land there! Today you can't even buy a plot of land with a face me I face you bungalow on it in Ojota for less than N35m!

Rather than hustle alongside her husband to see how they can both earn and save to buy a plot there and start something modest on it, she is giving ultimatum! shocked

The husband has been an enabler, reason for the boldness!

Your brother no matter how busy he is, must create time to personally go register their children in school and let it remain that she refuses to prepare them daily for school.

Just hope your brother doesn't collapse someday from so much pressure....we lost a neighbour through such, it was after his death that his lazy wife began to ask what she can do to earn income to fend for their children.

Thanks bro
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Mariangeles(f): 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2022
sben2308:

PLS NO OFFENCE WHR IS SAFE IN THIS LAGOS ?

Let us be honest with ourselves; some places are more dangerous than others.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Qatar2022: 7:29pm On Feb 04, 2022
Dailyparrot:

She's a foolish woman, She thinks she's doing the man but she don't know she's destroying the life of those kids
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Rubbiish(m): 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Where they currently live, they don't pay rent. The house is built by my brother's friend.

As for those asking if my brother begged her to marry him, in fact, she's never my brother's type.

She took in for my brother and the marriage was forced. But you know, once children are involved, a woman will always use them as bargaining chip for everything.
The bold is only applicable to weak men!
Can't your brother take the kids to school & register them? Is he also waiting to take permission from his wife to do that?
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by theamazonguru(m): 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mariangeles:
It could be that the part of Ikorodu where they’re living is not safe, and your brother’s wife is just being careful with the children.
I’ve heard that most part of Ikorodu isn’t safe for anything. Cult clashes from time to time.

And that is why she is not working too?
At least to support the husband.
She is just plain wicked.

No wonder a lot of husbands are dropping dead due to so much pressure.
Same man will feed the house, pay school fees, pay house rent, fill gas, settle requests from relatives, drop, money for offering also comes from him.

Same man will be thinking of a better life for his wife and children.
What exactly is the wife bringing to the table.

She is nothing but a dare devil jare. Haba.

There are more constructive ways of going about things. Not by doing things that will stunt the academic progress of your own children.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Rubbiish(m): 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Dailyparrot

With due respect,if this story is true, I think it brother is nothing but a weakling.

Under this circumstance, I would personally go register the kids in sch and give her ultimatum. Either she takes them to sch or leave my house instantly. No 2ways
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Mariangeles(f): 7:41pm On Feb 04, 2022
Qatar2022:

She's a foolish woman, She thinks she's doing the man but she don't know she's destroying the life of those kids

I thought you said you don’t judge people without hearing their own side.

What mother wouldn’t want what is best for her children?
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by nams77: 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

A job in Ikorodu? Are you kidding me?
I even doubt if any business would thrive there.

I'm not conversant with lagos but even I determined person will make effort no matter how small.

Why didnt the man relax at home because he was staying at ikorodu?
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Mariangeles(f): 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
theamazonguru:

And that is why she is not working too?
At least to support the husband.
She is just plain wicked.

No wonder a lot of husbands are dropping dead due to so much pressure.
Same man will feed the house, pay school fees, pay house rent, fill gas, settle requests from relatives, drop, money for offering also comes from him.

Same man will be thinking of a better life for his wife and children.
What exactly is the wife bringing to the table.

She is nothing but a dare devil jare. Haba.

There are more constructive ways of going about things. Not by doing things that will stunt the academic progress of your own children.

She will come around eventually.

In the meantime, she can be homeschooling them so that they don’t lag way behind.
If she refuses that, then I’ll believe she has a problem.
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Hassanmaye(m): 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
Haakeem:
Women!!!!!!!!!!! Fear them
That gender and stupidity we will never marry
Re: My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This by Hassanmaye(m): 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
Kriss216:

Women were not created for men. God made them specifically for aliens.

I fear who no fear women!
That gender

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? / My Husband Starves Me Of Sex – Woman Tells Court / Man Logs In For His Virtual Court Divorce Proceedings While In Bed With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.