Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (845432 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (623) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 9:22am On Jun 17, 2022
Goodnew13:
Hi Everyone,

Please my application is over 6 weeks already. So I sent a paid ma and got response below. What do you advise.
you don’t have any option than to wait. When was your biometric?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sobastical: 10:40am On Jun 17, 2022
Hello house

Please how can one track application process on TSL website?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by arthurwillia(m): 11:14am On Jun 17, 2022
Babysoldier:
LAG Ikeja

Same here too
Which visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MIDEPP: 11:28am On Jun 17, 2022
arthurwillia:

Same here too
Which visa

I did mine in Abuja, May 4th 2022 no news too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Justpat: 11:36am On Jun 17, 2022
MIDEPP:

I did mine in Abuja, May 4th 2022 no news too

Una well done oh. Me I did mine March 15 at Abuja ..it's over 13 weeks now still nothing oh. Visit visa .....do I have a case mate? Lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 17, 2022
Justpat:

Una well done oh. Me I did mine March 15 at Abuja ..it's over 13 weeks now still nothing oh. Visit visa .....do I have a case mate? Lol
Send a paid email and request for your passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Justpat: 12:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
MarryWhiteasap:

Send a paid email and request for your passport.

Yes I successfully did that yesterday. I am waiting for their response now. It's very frustrating.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SamGryffindor: 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
SamGryffindor:
My final destination is Leeds. I know it's closer to Manchester. However, I'm seeing a price difference of almost 200k. Also, it's way more expensive to land at Heathrow than Gatwick. I just want to be sure it's okay to land at Gatwick over Heathrow. I don't mind taking time for such amount of reduction in expenses.
Please advise better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SamGryffindor: 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2022
Thank you so much
giselle237:
if you are a 1st timer going to Leeds.
Your best bet is to land at Manchester airport. From the airport there is a bus terminal, National express manchester airport you can take a bus from Manchester airport to Leeds bus station. When the bus drops u, use your uber app and book taxi from bus station to your accommodation in Leeds or you take a taxi - a1 brighouse (used to charge 70-80 pounds to leeds) from Manchester airport straight to your accommodation in Leeds.
If you land at heathrow or gatwick you must then take train or bus down to leeds. They are miles apart and that’s what accounts for the extra money. Coming as a 1st timer and with luggage, trains are not easy to maneuver. Before u know it you have missed your train and lost money.
The good thing about all airports is you dnt have to leave the airport to find your movemnt, trains and bus terminals leave from airports directly, so plan accrdingly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2022
Foladimejiw:
Hello house
It's a good job you guys doing here. I want to apply to UK for visit visa with my grown up kids 19 and 21. Should my niece invite us or we apply without her invite? She thinks her house cannot accommodate us and her family so we should book an hotel. Is that a red flag?
I am self employed using my bank savings account for business too with good transactions.
My grown up kids have their savings account too as undergraduates . Can I sponsor the trip alone with just Hotel booking and ignore my niece?
What other documents do I need for visa approval?
Thank you as I await your advise

You don't need to rely on your Niece. You can apply as a tourist. Hotel booking is not compulsory but you can add it if it makes you feel better.

Self employed applicants have it a bit tougher than those in paid employment so you need to fill your forms very carefully and ensure your account statement is "clean"

Please add all documents pertaining to your business - registration documents, statement of account etc.

Don't forget to add your children's birth certificate, your marriage certificate (if relevant - depending on your personal circumstance) and evidence of your children's schooling - results, evidence of school fees paid etc

Finally, you can add a cover letter to explain your desire to go on vacation with your children - you work hard and need to rest and bond with your children. The trip will be good for your children too as they want to explore other places. Let me know if you need more information.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2022
Justpat:

Yes I successfully did that yesterday. I am waiting for their response now. It's very frustrating.

Since March? That is serious! Sorry!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2022
SamGryffindor:

Manchester is better. Then you can connect to Leeds with train or Coach.

Coach is slower and will obviously take more time to get you to your destination - but much cheaper.

If you are on a budget, manage Coach. The Coaches are comfortable and I usually enjoy the drive through the Countryside..... You see a lot more of the UK and it is quite interesting
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2022
Foladimejiw:
The aspect that do you have relatives in UK, will I indicate yes or no? Since they are not sending any invite. Although,I might pay them a visit.

Indicate "YES". You will be asked if you are staying with the family indicated. You will then indicate "NO"

I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2022
donald197:
Pls for visa rejection that involves bulk deposits. If the bulk money is still in the account, can the person submit the same bank statement when applying ?

Yes, but explain the source of the funds
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by brainyfarm: 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
Guys, I received this after a paid email some days ago but I have not heard from TLS nor the UKVI people (no rejection email either). Does anyone understand why this is the case?

Does anyone have an idea how long it takes TLS to get my passport sent back via courier?

Thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by maangel01: 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hello guys i want to apply for my son to join me as my dependant as my cousin is coming with his family by the end of July and i want them to bring him with them. I dont know if

1. I can get a closer date for biometrics
2. If there is still priority visa application open for dependants
3. If i use standard, with the delays, can it be out before the end of July?

If you have any response to the above i will appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Justpat: 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2022
Cashmadam:

Since March? That is serious! Sorry!

Yes oh. That's why I am looking for someone that did biometric around that time to have hope that my application was not abandoned...lol.

I am waiting for their response to my paid mail now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AdesinaOBD(m): 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hi everyone

I was refused a visit visa

I want someone to tell me what might have gone wrong with my application so that can help me whenever i want to reapply.
Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
I wonder how to prove a business is actively trading
AdesinaOBD:
Hi everyone

I want someone to tell me what might have gone wrong with my application so that can help me whenever i want to reapply.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by orlabot(m): 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
maangel01:
Hello guys i want to apply for my son to join me as my dependant as my cousin is coming with his family by the end of July and i want them to bring him with them. I dont know if

1. I can get a closer date for biometrics
2. If there is still priority visa application open for dependants
3. If i use standard, with the delays, can it be out before the end of July?

If you have any response to the above i will appreciate.
Yes, u can get a closer date for d biometrics,
but it will cost u extra 30-40k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blumokinney: 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
Opeyemi007:
They will search for the name of the business on CAC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by austino677(m): 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2022
Opeyemi007:
if business account then debit and credit transactions on your statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Christabeliciou: 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
Please I want to ask, assumed the two children of 19 and 21 years as students is from your husband though their biological mother is late and you are not their biological mother, but for the fact you and your husband are married they are now your children living together as a family. And the main applicant the mother got a Work visa sponsorship.
How do you go about it because you will want to go with your family including your husband and the children.
Thanks

giselle237:
it’s same as making other uk visit applications. For the 19 and 21 year olds, they are students, however are classed as adults. Prove that they are dependent on their parents and their ties to their studies if any.. concentrate on showing they are coming back.
You should use a hotel. Sponsor the trip alone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by rebless(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
AdesinaOBD:
Hi everyone

Thanks

It seemed also the level of the transaction on your business account was not worth up to 800,000k salary for you hence you could have not included your business bank statement in your application.

You gave the ECO an opportunity to appraise your financial status which was not necessary.

My opinion

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Foladimejiw: 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
Thank you for your response. I filled £1150 for each of us as expenses,I hope it is not too much,though my account can cater for that.
Also since I am into buying and selling in a shop,most payment is in cash which I will later deposit into my personal account, all these income and expenses not easy for me to calculate. Can you assist? I have sent a mail to your moniker

Cashmadam:

Indicate "YES". You will be asked if you are staying with the family indicated. You will then indicate "NO"

I hope this helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2022
Christabeliciou:
Please I want to ask, assumed the two children of 19 and 21 years as students is from your husband though their biological mother is late and you are not their biological mother, but for the fact you and your husband are married they are now your children living together as a family. And the main applicant the mother got a Work visa sponsorship. How do you go about it because you will want to go with your family including your husband and the children.
U should speak with an immigration lawyer based in the UK establishing any possible ‘maternal’ rights and tht 19 and 21 year olds can serve as ‘dependent’ children as well as other grey areas.. . I’m afraid wont comment much on this due to the lines https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/your-partner-and-children
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by asknaija: 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2022
PRAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE THE LORD. HALLELYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA grin grin grin grin

Guys i am so happy, my refusal has been overturned and i have been asked to submit my passport . Now i just checked flight and its 50k going and 50k coming back. I dont know if its possible for me to send and receive my passport through DHL. I am searching to find a contact phone number for TLS Abuja?

Does anyone know if its possible or will i need to be there physically and do Biometrics again to pick up the Visa.

It was a long 4 months wait, but God is faithful.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:54pm On Jun 17, 2022
AdesinaOBD:
I was refused a visit visa.I want someone to tell me what might have gone wrong with my application so that can help me whenever i want to reapply.
Thanks
sorry about the refusal. In my opinion, the officer feels the circumstances you have brought forward do not match and/or was basically just to obtain visa.. Also u might want to check your activity status on CAC. It’s not just you, most 1st timers with self employed status are having it tougher these days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
Guys avoid quoting the chap with ‘questionnigeria’ name.. i dnt want to write it out.. u will be blocked by spam bot..
I just rememberd what happn to me all the other times i tried in the past to reply him.. i think it has started picking people up alrdy smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (623) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: roak, GraceofGod100, Drphade and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.