Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (850603 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2022
tundeloveday:
Yes she can pass for his daughter if she is under 18 and they have thesame surname. Stating she’s her sister is a no-no.
Pls lemme know if m wrong on this. We only just want to be correct in the ECO’s assessment ain’t we?

so he will go and fake documents to pass the said relation as a daughter or how? you are very correct. Poster pls go ahead let your sister be depicted to pass as your daughter. Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tolatolaeva(m): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2022
giselle237:
well any amount of months is 50/50. …does not guarantee visa success. I do know I have seen 4 months tho . The problem is not the bank statement, the problem is how well you can prove to the ECO that you will not overstay. They will assess you from your financial circumstances, economic ties, travel history etc . Just arrange yourself and reasons why you will come back. Attach all evidence of your exam.. write a cover letter to explain any strange or confusing issues.. you can use naseer’s letter or sokotogudali’s. gdluck
Okay thanks for this. Concerning the travel history, is there any need to state that I have travelled to another West African Country?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 10, 2022
Baba.... no faking documents ...... my father don’t need to get a document toshow he’s my father if we have thesame surname and the age difference permits. Don’t forget I asked questions abt agr and surname. These are the variables. Keep ur heart open with my suggestion, I said MAYBE don’t forget. We are brothers na
giselle237:

so he will go and fake documents to pass the said relation as a daughter or how? you are very correct. Poster pls go ahead let your sister be depicted to pass as your daughter. Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by abuhusna1: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2022
ademidedavid:

Okay, thanks a lot
I can tell you that you don't have issue if it's student vis as long as you declare the most recent but that is not the best practise next time declare all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ademidedavid(f): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2022
abuhusna1:

I can tell you that you don't have issue if it's student vis as long as you declare the most recent but that is not the best practise next time declare all.

Yes, it’s a student visa

Thanks a lot
I appreciate a lot

God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Enimase: 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
ademidedavid:

How do I go about it please because I have done my biometrics
I have a friend that’s about to apply but was denied August 2011 and February 2012 but want to declare only 2012 is that an issue,but I told him to declare both but he was arguing with me that the 2011 is past 10years he doesn’t need to declare it, he will declare only 2012. I’m asking cos I’m not sure of this,is he right thanks ��
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Enimase: 12:17pm On Jul 10, 2022
giselle237:
Write a cover letter and explain exact application numbers dates and refused application number and dates and send via signed recorded service to them.

I have a friend that’s about to apply but was denied August 2011 and February 2012 but want to declare only 2012 is that an issue,but I told him to declare both but he was arguing with me that the 2011 is past 10years he doesn’t need to declare it, he will declare only 2012. I’m asking cos I’m not sure of this,is he right thanks I will appreciate your answer sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2022
Breezzy:

Thanks, but what of if the person I want to visit send me an invitation, what and what will I be needed for the travel because it seems like it will be easier and cheaper.
He/She will prove his or her circumstances in UK to convince he or she is capable of sponsoring and accommodating with necessary documents including recent bills and financial Evidence.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TruthCorp: 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
askari01:

2month is still fine or a little above 2month... Lets say 2.5 but try not to exceeed that. My advise.

So just to be clear, are you saying someone who has a disposable income of 100k cannot declare a budget greater than 200 or 250k regardless of how much they have in savings?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
TruthCorp:
So just to be clear, are you saying someone who has a disposable income of 100k cannot declare a budget greater than 200 or 250k regardless of how much they have in savings?
he is not saying anything besides what has been prevalent in refusal letters when they want to deny..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ademidedavid(f): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
Enimase:

I have a friend that’s about to apply but was denied August 2011 and February 2012 but want to declare only 2012 is that an issue,but I told him to declare both but he was arguing with me that the 2011 is past 10years he doesn’t need to declare it, he will declare only 2012. I’m asking cos I’m not sure of this,is he right thanks ��

What type of visa application were both and the new one?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
Enimase:
I have a friend that’s about to apply but was denied August 2011 and February 2012 but want to declare only 2012 is that an issue,but I told him to declare both but he was arguing with me that the 2011 is past 10years he doesn’t need to declare it, he will declare only 2012. I’m asking cos I’m not sure of this,is he right thanks I will appreciate your answer sir
biometrics from 2007 till now is valid.. nothing invalidates it

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Enimase: 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2022
ademidedavid:

What type of visa application were both and the new one?

Visit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Enimase: 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
giselle237:
biometrics from 2007 till now is valid.. nothing invalidates it

Okay thank you very much sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ademidedavid(f): 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
Enimase:

Visit visa

Let him declare both refusers please……
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Enimase: 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
ademidedavid:

Let him declare both refusers please……

Okay thank you very much sir

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bbwollex(m): 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2022
Enimase:

Let him declare everything, they have it in their system, if he doesn't it would look like he's hiding something. Declaring it doesn't affect its current application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Enimase: 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
bbwollex:

Let him declare everything, they have it in their system, if he doesn't it would look like he's hiding something. Declaring it doesn't affect its current application.
Ok thank you very much sir/ma.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Larryconcept: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Elders I heard student visa processing time is now back to three weeks plz! What of Standard visits visa abeg
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by venabili: 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
tundeloveday:
How old is she?
Do u both have same surname?
Depending on the answer, Get an affidavit stating u are her guardian or u Get her own bank statement if she’s over 18

Alternatively she can pass as your daughter MAYBE...

Different surname actually and too old to pass as my daughter. I be young person mysef. Plus i really wont wanna lie while filling such forms. Maybe the affidavit will work. Thought there is group application but their web says individual applications.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by venabili: 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2022
giselle237:
how much do you earn monthly.. how much is your expenses monthly.. what are you left with in the end? Start from there.
Net to bank is usually around 400k monthly. Monthly Expense is around 200k-300k. I do have around 700k in monthly coop savings deducted at source(reflect on payslip but never hits my bank)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
Affidavit ain’t gonna work bro. She’s got to apply separately if at al. She s old enough to be held responsible on job, savings, income, landed properties etc. Don’t force it
venabili:

Different surname actually and too old to pass as my daughter. I be young person mysef. Plus i really wont wanna lie while filling such forms. Maybe the affidavit will work. Thought there is group application but their web says individual applications.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by venabili: 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
tundeloveday:
Affidavit ain’t gonna work bro. She’s got to apply separately if at al. She s old enough to be held responsible on job, savings, income, landed properties etc.

Na wa o. Thought having a sponsor for the trip will help her secure the visa. Seems UK prefers people to have their own funds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deuoessch: 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hello, everyone. What documents am i to present as a business owner when I am applying for a visit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bunsuq: 8:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
Good day everyone. Please I need clarity:
I am applying for a tier 2 visa with husband and children as dependent. I had a previous UK Visa in 2014 in which I stayed for just 9 days. The only but was that in my 2014 application, I wrote the wrong year of birth for hubby even though he did not have a passport then and didn't follow me on that trip. In the space for other given name for him, I didn't write his previous name that was changed due to adoption earlier while young.
How do I remedy the situation?
I am about to apply for my visa and I am thinking it is better I declare those information in the space below for any other information. Please house, I need advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
Please ooo anybody that fly with Kenya airline to uk recently how is it abeg i need review before booking
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by waleshadow: 11:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
Not to make anyone uncomfortable, but my dependents' overturned decision is now 6months and still counting with no passport request. Same excuse; Covid-19, Russia-Ukraine fight etc. But new VISAs are being issued daily. An overturned decision with all data in the system requires 6 months to be transferred or do findings? It is disheartening, heartbreaking and disappointing at the same time.

DFmum:
They havent requested for passport yet, they replied and apologised for delay and reassured that they are working on the application for reconsideration but no timeframe. Today made it 5months of successful administrative review, it took them ages to transfer file back for decision.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Preshyi: 3:02am On Jul 11, 2022
Hello all,
I am new here and hope I am not asking an already discussed question. I have gone to the first page to look for the visa requirements but couldn't see a comprehensive checklist like in the student thread. I am on a student visa here in the UK and would like my mum to visit. I have a sister on the tier 2 visa in the UK as well. My mum has a good travel history but to U.S,never been to the UK before. She is a civil servant and is financially okay.
Is it a better option if she applies as a tourist or should she apply that I am inviting her?

I will appreciate any advice I can get please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talantolo: 8:55am On Jul 11, 2022
Another beautiful week to keep the hope alive. Good morning ladies and gents.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by gistbite(f): 9:03am On Jul 11, 2022
Preshyi:
Hello all,
I am new here and hope I am not asking an already discussed question. I have gone to the first page to look for the visa requirements but couldn't see a comprehensive checklist like in the student thread. I am on a student visa here in the UK and would like my mum to visit. I have a sister on the tier 2 visa in the UK as well. My mum has a good travel history but to U.S,never been to the UK before. She is a civil servant and is financially okay.
Is it a better option if she applies as a tourist or should she apply that I am inviting her?

I will appreciate any advice I can get please.

Let your tier 2 VISA sister invite. It's still a visiting/tourist visa she will be given either way

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deuoessch: 9:50am On Jul 11, 2022
Hello, everyone. As someone who has a business, what documents am I to provide when I am applying for a visit visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: AvailableD(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.