Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,076 members, 7,828,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (843861 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2022
Tayo4567:
Hi guys,can i go to uk embassy in Lagos and make complain?…i did appeal since March and I haven’t heard from them.

Below is a Timeline to hold on to. Until the Court has heard it and allowed the appeal, or UKVI decides to reconsider and advise the relevant department to issue entry clearance. I don't think you have business with UKVI but the court deciding. That's the little I know.

Lexyp:
Hallelujah

Spouse visa,9th of June 2021
Denied February 2022
Appled March 2022
Court 9th of May 2022
Appeal allowed 23rd of May 2022
Passport Returned July 13th 2022
Delivered to me this evening by DHL 22nd August 2022
BTW i was at tls in the morning and was told its wasn't available yet and d call came in this evening around 4pm that have got a delivery by dhl.
Valid from 25/08/2022
Just want to say thanks to those that reply my questions even when i hardly see anyone to reply me lol,I did this so anyone in my shoes can easily have hope and not worry much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2022
Tayo4567:
Hi guys,can i go to uk embassy in Lagos and make complain?…i did appeal since March and I haven’t heard from them.

No, all you can do is to send UKVI another reminder concerning your case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AHUPEACE: 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2022
I need travel buddy lol who is travelling from Lagos on 7th of November on QAtar airways
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lynniebabes(f): 4:50pm On Oct 21, 2022
Urgent

please can i pay for super priority at tls ikeja ? i have already submitted the application and when trying to add the super priority service it’s giving me a new far date. please is there any service that allows you to walk in any time?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Within 10 working days after escalation email

Gud evening Ashirioluwa...
Am having same issue too... I received a mail dat my visa application is successful so I went to TLS for pickup without a collection mail..
I got my passport bt no visa stamp on it I went back immediately to dem n complain abt it I was told I didn't collect n resubmitt my passport wen i was first refused..
So I was asked to resubmit my passport n a copy of d visa successful mail I received frm DMC...
My question is dis... Hw long does it to get bak ur passport wit visa frm d day u submit back ur passport..
I mean how many days?... cos mine is 7days now no response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tayo4567: 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2022
dirolad:

Below is a Timeline to hold on to. Until the Court has heard it and allowed the appeal, or UKVI decides to reconsider and advise the relevant department to issue entry clearance. I don't think you have business with UKVI but the court deciding. That's the little I know.

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tayo4567: 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

No, all you can do is to send UKVI another reminder concerning your case.

Please can you send the link.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
Jocabasa:

Gud evening Ashirioluwa...
Am having same issue too... I received a mail dat my visa application is successful so I went to TLS for pickup without a collection mail..
I got my passport bt no visa stamp on it I went back immediately to dem n complain abt it I was told I didn't collect n resubmitt my passport wen i was first refused..
So I was asked to resubmit my passport n a copy of d visa successful mail I received frm DMC...
My question is dis... Hw long does it to get bak ur passport wit visa frm d day u submit back ur passport..
I mean how many days?... cos mine is 7days now no response

Because of the general delay in processing time, give them 15 business days. You can send them a reminder again if nothing comes up after 15 business days.

Best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
Tayo4567:

Please can you send the link.

You can do a paid email / phone

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/something-else/english

Or

Use this email address below Complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Teslas: 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2022
Dear Guru in the house,

Please, I submitted an application in August on behalf of my sister, I didn't send a paid mail and didn't do anything but wait. So, I received a message from TLS now that the document and passport are ready for collection.

I have read in the thread that some people receive refusal mail.

My question is does it mean that the visa has been granted as there was no refusal mail?

Does that proof automatic that the visa has been granted?

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Because of the general delay in processing time, give them 15 business days. You can send them a reminder again if not comes up after 15 business days.

Best of luck

Alright Ashiri thanks n God bless uu
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BRAINNY(m): 7:32pm On Oct 21, 2022
Hi guys, who has had success with Form A recently? What bank and what was the entire duration? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 8:27pm On Oct 21, 2022
Dear members...
Pls I want to know if booking flight ticket online is safe through any dis above airlines or any others...

* TOUCHDOWN TRAVEL&TOUR
* TRAVELSTART
* WAKANOW
Touchdown travel&tour has d cheapest flight bt I dnt knw if dey ar legit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2022
BRAINNY:
Hi guys, who has had success with Form A recently? What bank and what was the entire duration? Thanks.

I made my wife school fees payment through form A twice... Bt d last one was some how difficult n delay because it was done online through tradesystem.gov.ng...
D system of payment requires too many documents n delay it can take up to 2 months to process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
Teslas:
Dear Guru in the house,

Please, I submitted an application in August on behalf of my sister, I didn't send a paid mail and didn't do anything but wait. So, I received a message from TLS now that the document and passport are ready for collection.

My question is does it mean that the visa has been granted as there was no refusal mail?

Thanks in advance

Tell her to go pick up her passport then let us know the outcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by youngmusty: 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2022
Please I lost my offer at sunderland and that was my major offer cuz my english proficiency letter was delayed by my university, am back to square one does anyone have schools still open for application even if it February. Course is Data analytics

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dhebbieefosa: 9:42pm On Oct 21, 2022
Hi, please my husband wants to apply for a visitor visa for my mum to come to uk. There’s some discrepancies in the name on my birth certificate and on her passport
On my birth certificate, her surname is my dad’s name but on her passport it’s her maiden name.
Example
On my birth certificate her name is Jonathan mercy
But on her passport her name is written as Musa Mercy.
Please how do I address this? Is it also compulsory to submit my birth certificate since it’s my husband who is proving the relationship with my mum?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 11:23pm On Oct 21, 2022
Dhebbieefosa:
Hi, please my husband wants to apply for a visitor visa for my mum to come to uk. There’s some discrepancies in the name on my birth certificate and on her passport
On my birth certificate, her surname is my dad’s name but on her passport it’s her maiden name.
Example
Please how do I address this? Is it also compulsory to submit my birth certificate since it’s my husband who is proving the relationship with my mum?

What surname did she use on your birth certificate first of all? Because I think a cover letter explaining the situation can help you..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 11:26pm On Oct 21, 2022
Jocabasa:
Dear members...
Pls I want to know if booking flight ticket online is safe through any dis above airlines or any others...

* TOUCHDOWN TRAVEL&TOUR
* TRAVELSTART
* WAKANOW
Touchdown travel&tour has d cheapest flight bt I dnt knw if dey ar legit

WAKANOW is good, but my advice is don’t book online with them, rather go directly to any of their offices. That way you will get a clear understanding of things, including the kind of ticket they offer (refundable or non-refundable).

You won’t get much information on their website other than booking and making payment. My best advice, go to their office. I have used them and they are good.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 11:29pm On Oct 21, 2022
Teslas:
Dear Guru in the house,

Thanks in advance

Good luck to your sister on her visa, but please let us know the outcome after passport pickup.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dhebbieefosa: 12:17am On Oct 22, 2022
Mrmoney90:

What surname did she use on your birth certificate first of all? Because I think a cover letter explaining the situation can help you..
she used my dad’s surname on my birth certificate but used her maiden name on her passporr
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 12:36am On Oct 22, 2022
Dhebbieefosa:
Example

I don’t think this will pose any problem. You can address this on the application form. There’s a section in the application form for any other name you have used or been known by

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 2:09am On Oct 22, 2022
Dhebbieefosa:
she used my dad’s surname on my birth certificate but used her maiden name on her passporr

If I’m to understand, your father’s surname is same as yours before marriage right? If yes, then indicate on the form.

But to further stay on the safer side, you can indicate that on a cover letter and include all necessary documents relating to that alongside your application and letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 2:10am On Oct 22, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

I don’t think this will pose any problem. You can address this on the application form.

Exactly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:06am On Oct 22, 2022
Dhebbieefosa:
does not matter. On application form it will be asked if the applicant has been known by any other name… simply list all names there including if she had a different in primary school lol
but you must include the BC… if not how else do you show actual proof of relationship?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ahjay: 6:28am On Oct 22, 2022
POF sorted.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nlightind: 8:38am On Oct 22, 2022
Nlightind:
Good day everyday,
Please can anyone guide me on the process of getting to UK for MSc Nursing for someone with just BSc Nursing without any Internship. ie. a fresh graduate BSc nursing to uk MSc Nursing.
Thanks

Any help??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dhebbieefosa: 8:41am On Oct 22, 2022
Mrmoney90:

If I’m to understand, your father’s surname is same as yours before marriage right? If yes, then indicate on the form.

But to further stay on the safer side, you can indicate that on a cover letter and include all necessary documents relating to that alongside your application and letter

It’s my mum’s surname that has the issue not mine. Her surname on my birth certificate is my dad’s name but on her passport she used her maiden name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:10am On Oct 22, 2022
Nlightind:
Good day everyday,
Please can anyone guide me on the process of getting to UK for MSc Nursing for someone with just BSc Nursing without any Internship. ie. a fresh graduate BSc nursing to uk MSc Nursing.
Thanks

If you put your query in the educational section, you will obtain answers more quickly.

I'll apply for jobs in the UK or any other better country with my nursing degree, and after I'm settled there, I'll pursue my master's degree.

Additionally, it will save you money because you won't be charged as an international student since you currently reside and work there.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aniaino2341: 9:19am On Oct 22, 2022
leef2022:

Pls what are you looking for on that site?

My CAC is out now please can I go ahead and apply .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nlightind: 9:22am On Oct 22, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

If you put your query in the educational section, you will obtain answers more quickly.

I'll apply for jobs in the UK or any other better country with my nursing degree, and after I'm settled there, I'll pursue my master's degree.

Additionally, it will save you money because you won't be charged as an international student since you currently reside and work there.

Thank you for this. Applying for direct Jobs in UK, I'm not fully sure of what the requirements might entails but surely might need work experience just that the time of waiting here for gathering certain hours of experience before trying out Jobs there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:25am On Oct 22, 2022
Nlightind:

Thank you for this. Applying for direct Jobs in UK, I'm not fully sure of what the requirements might entails but surely might need work experience just that the time of waiting here for gathering certain hours of experience before trying out Jobs there.

Some agencies are recruiting qualified fresh graduates. Also, you can visit NHS website

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (622) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: Emerald138 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.